2011.07.04 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Yep, Yeah!!!

I don't know if he would, but he does have some history with the DP. Back in the day he used to be a prosecutor and he prosecuted a case of a female killer and won her a nice all inclusive vacation to Death Row. Later, when she was executed, he attended the execution. So that gives me a teeny bit of hope!

I didnt think the Judge could change the verdict of the jury?
Why have a Jury? JP cant sentence her to death if the Jury dosent!
JMO

Dr. Baden is an idiot and just parrots what his wife tells him to say....They are both idiots if you ask me...

Could you imagine being a fly on the wall in their marriage? I bet they cannot even get a word in over top of the other!! It would be like talking head thumb wrestling every night over dinner. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I wonder why the charges for lying to police officers was not handled previously? Isn't that something that could have been decided to without a jury?

no still would have required a trial unless she plead out.

When she was brought up on the check theft charges there was a big uproar because then she would be going into this trial with 7 felonies.

Also charges about Zanaida Gonzalas had to be put on hold because Morgan wanted to do a deposition (thereby trapping her into making statements under oath) and JB wouldn’t allow it.

Ok...That's another thing I want to know. What was ICA excuse for the car being at Amscot, if there was one? Did she say WHY it was there, if so, I missed it.

Yeah! Did she think i would never get found? What was she going to sa about it when she did talk to GA and CA? That it was stolen by Zanny?

But GA knew the smell of death, pinpointed it, recognized it, knew that's what it was as did the tow yard man.

Just seems so strange that they both would just write it off.

Denial can run alot deeper that the Nile. Neither of them wanted to know what was going on ..as long as KC and Caylee were safe they didn't care....then they found out that Caylee was missing. GA went to talk to police and FBI within a couple of days and tried to get kc to talk to FBI..he didn't tell kc that the man he wanted her to talk to was FBI. He just wanted the truth. I believe shortly after that ..he went along with CA for awhile.

I just started reading a few pagers of Mommys little Girl and its good i bought it lol

JMO

Actually he can...the jury just recommends the penalty. He can go with it, or not. Most judges do go with the recommendation but they do not have to. Now he can't change the verdict, without extreme circumstances.

JMO

I don't know the specifics of exactly why this can happen, but it can. You might wanna see if it's discussed in depth in the lawyer threads. I also wondered what the point of the jury would be, but I think the judge probably only acts on it in rare cases where he totally disagrees with the jury. Someone stated in an earlier post that HHJP has actually reversed a Death penalty recommendation from a jury to LWOP.

RichardHornsbyRichard Hornsby

Listening to @HLNTV talk about scoring a date with the hunk of love Juror No. 11 makes me feel less juvenile about my #CaseyAnthony tweets!

12 minutes ago

When GA went to the tow yard and found ICA's car with the smell of death, makes no sense to me that GA, as a former LE officer, didn't contact 911 immediately. OR, that the tow yard man, who had smelled that odor before, who was right next to GA when he opened the trunk didn't call 911.

Has there been any explanation for that?

I never got that either...the only two things I can think of is...they were in shock...or Cindy told George just drive it home and we'll go from there....then Cindy told George to go to work and Cindy went back to work until co-workers told her to leave and take care of her personal problems....I don't get it, except for the fact that George has no gonads and Cindy ran the whole shebang.

JMO

Jury decides guilt and judge CANNOT override that

jury recommends penalty and judge makes final decision

When GA went to the tow yard and found ICA's car with the smell of death, makes no sense to me that GA, as a former LE officer, didn't contact 911 immediately. OR, that the tow yard man, who had smelled that odor before, who was right next to GA when he opened the trunk didn't call 911.

Has there been any explanation for that?

ICA had been in touch with CA throughout that month and while GA was likely suspicious of something bad happening in the car when he smelled it, he also likely assumed ICA was involved. He didn't call police immediately because he was protecting ICA again and had not necessarily at this point suspected the smell was from his grand daughter. The tow yard guy was just not getting involved, he has probably seen enough to know to stay out of things.

Could you imagine being a fly on the wall in their marriage? I bet they cannot even get a word in over top of the other!! It would be like talking head thumb wrestling every night over dinner. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

a blowfly ???

Yes!! it is ones own personal comfort level....
and I hate the mall at Christmas time (but some people love it)
I don't look for trouble.. and I migfht go just warn me first and I'll deal,but spring it on me :thud:
Because the alternative was for TES to discover the remains that might implicate their daughter if Caylee was found before decomposition?
I have tried to get my mind into what they must have been thinking and why they acted the way they did and possibly it was to protect ICA I suppose. I definitely think CA was the stronger one between she and GA, so what CA said was the way it went.
TES also knows the profiles of how mother's dispose children.
* with in a 2 mile radius of home is a big one

I do not think george KNEW until he picked up the car. I think CA led the disposal show! -I am a nurse too and there is way to much that keeps piling up in my head.
of course it is just sets of scenarios in my mind
The only thing I can say 100%... She knew when she left that house on the 16th. and has gone full speed ahead since then.

IIRC, JA got it from LA himself, during his testimony about the NEW story that ICA told him (when she was out on bail), the one about the whole Zanny taking Caylee from ICA @ JBP, saying that she was a bad mother, that it was to teach her a lesson, etc?:waitasec:

I am remembering something like that too, now that you mention it. In that story, wasn't there something about Zanny would return her by that day...or????
How the heck did ICA remember her lies?

But GA knew the smell of death, pinpointed it, recognized it, knew that's what it was as did the tow yard man.

Just seems so strange that they both would just write it off and not call 911 immediately.

Because they found the garbage bag when they opened the trunk. So George was relieved, thinking hopefully, that once he discarded the bag that the smell would go away. And Cindy had just talked to Casey so he knew she was alive.

However they DID call 911 within a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth