2011.07.04 State Closing Argument Rebuttal Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am puzzling over is why JA would say that ICA gave her chloroform "so she wouldn't suffer", then taped her nose and mouth to kill her. What part of doing that shows she didn't suffer? Seems like he was trying to soften her actions...
Please explain if I misheard or am mistaken..:waitasec:

My impression is that JA doesn't want to believe that Caylee struggled. He cannot fathom Caylee being aware while suffocating. My soul cannot fathom that either.

There's just no other logical explanation (based on the evidence) for why the ducttape was on her face and for why she was thrown away like trash. There just isn't.

What I am puzzling over is why JA would say that ICA gave her chloroform "so she wouldn't suffer", then taped her nose and mouth to kill her. What part of doing that shows she didn't suffer? Seems like he was trying to soften her actions...
Please explain if I misheard or am mistaken..:waitasec:

I expect it is because that is what ashton may hope - that caylee did NOT have to look into her mother's eyes as she suffocated.

Could someone put up the part were JA explained why the guilty verdict is the correct one. Thanks.

I'm going to predict the jury will reach a verdict within 18 hours...

I think we can all side one way or another with how well the lawyers are doing in this case...but I think what is important...is what makes the most sense with what happened to caylee....caylee deserves that...and I really hope people are using best judgment with Caylee in mind...JMHO

I haven't posted but am following the rebuttal closing on HLN (two TVs) as I work around the house. Baez still tried to object to what Ashton was saying but was stopped every time. Boo Hoo!

KC thinks she's TWO weeks pregnant? :waitasec:

Shrugs? What does that say?

Personally, I wouldn't read anything into that. Could have been just shifting positions or stiff muscle from sitting, who knows.

These reporters that are tweeting and telling us every move a juror makes is silly.

IMO

Well that's not a good sign, IMO.

And rude. I wouldn't do that to either side.

Regarding rude juror: makes me fear that JBs brattitude is infectious... Cannot understand how or why the jury relates to JB as the media seems to believe.

Agreed. Kronk is a red herring. Hard to believe a rational person could buy into the wild DT theories about him, so focusing on him just gives those wild theories more credence. By admitting that he must have lied, essentially, and claiming that the SAO knew it, then just as quickly brushing it aside as irrelevant, JA basically put RK in a spotlight and said, "LOOK at me! I may be important after all!" But, I don't think it will amount to much either.

:cow:
I think the same.

It seems to me that George is the one the defense was really after. Kronk is just the poor ethically challenged guy who found Caylee's remains.

Ladies and gentlemen, when you can stand in front of a courtroom and hold your audience captivated without props, without conning them, without lies, that's what makes you a great lawyer. He's amazing.

And without smearing the opposing team and their witnesses. Just logically pointing out the differences and why you feel they are wrong.

I think JA did a good job of taking me back to Murder 1 - I totally was swayed to Agg Manslaughter last night. Now I am back to my senses.

:yourock:

JA for President!

I've been thinking the DT really should thank Kronk instead of trying to accuse him of nefarious deeds. If he had been more adamant in August and got someone to listen to him, there likely would have been more physical evidence found. Not criticizing Kronk, just my observation & opinion.

Jean C. said ALL the jurors were riveted. She saw JA in the elevator, and he said he was just tired and wanted to go home. awwww

I'm not happy with JA's closing today. Not good IMO.

LDB will save the day. I imagine we'll see the video of Caylee.

Ashton was covering the science, I think he did a wonderful job pointing out what we do have vs. what we do not have and why we don't have some things.

They can only bring the tattoo up if Baez/Cheney had it in the defense closing. I didn't see the whole thing so I'm not sure if they did or not.
The DT brought up the weird behavior and how the state was judging it. I think they can bring up the tatt now.

Jean C talking on HLN said JA was on elavator w/her said JA said he was so tired he just wants to go home. I think he can sleep tonight.

Sonny is doing a 360 today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members