2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I had originally picked a 2 day deliberation but I have changed my mind a while ago.

I now envision the jury in the room simply stating, "Raise your hand if you believe the defendant is guilty of the premeditated murder of her child." My vision is every single hand going straight up, without hesitation, and they write a note to JP and come back to the courtroom for the rest.

IOW: about 15 seconds to deliberate. Hope I am right.

I haven't voted yet because I'm trying to decide how it goes. Do they all walk in, sit down, and vote? Do they vote once for each charge first? Will they have to have each charge read to them and then vote for each, one at a time?

Or can they go in and state up front, "guilty of all charges", except for the manslaughter thing, because you can't have first degree and manslaughter, right? "Guilty." Let's go home! Of course, they can't go home right away, especially if they say she's guilty of first degree murder or felony murder, because there's the darn penalty phase still to be had.

Or will they decide "not guilty" just so there is no penalty phase and they can all go home sooner? :eek:

For me, it would take long enough to write down "guilty" or to say it, six times. Then I'd say "hurry up with the penalty phase, I'm itching to get out of here". How long it would take for the voting, I don't know, maybe 30 minutes?

I haven't seen one thing that tells me this defendant is innocent, it was an accident, or someone else did it. All signs point to Casey Marie Anthony. If in doubt, go sniff her trunk (or the cans of trunk air). :gavel:

would be a kick in the face if the handed the verdict to the court in exactly 31 mins

One of the jurors in the SP trial said later "That word resonated in my head over and over again, reasonable doubt, reasonable, doubt. Is this REASONABLE?"

If the jurors in this case adopt such a simple, logical way of going about things then we will have a verdict in one day.

Wow. That jury thing is deep. I don't envy any of these people that have to decide Casey's fate.

I voted 2 days, wild guess.

Imagine if the jury asks for a read-back of any testimony during their deliberations, we here at WS, along with the TH's on TV, will go Wild, Bonkers, trying to read into it and figure out where they are heading! Oh, what a long wait it will seem until they return with their verdict! Wonder if they will ask for any videos or audios to be replayed????

The Susan Smith jury deliberated two and a half hours and returned the guilty verdict on two counts of murder.

I think the ICA jury is tired, wants to go home, sleep in their own beds, soak in their own bathtubs. :) They have been held captive and put through the fire. I am sure they each realize the importance of their decision. I don't think they will deliberate for a long period of time. In addition these poor people are going to live with this heinous crime for a long, long, long time.

I look for LWOP.

I originally voted for 3 Days, end of third day - I want to change my vote to "2 Days" tops.
Right at the start I think they will want to hear the 1st phone call home.

until Friday afternoon. Juries seem to always come back on Friday afternoon....late.

I also predict that juror number 4 will be a big problem and complain to the judge that she is being intimidated.....

MOO

I think they will all say guilty but then go back through everything since it's the trial of the century.
Cindy lied and should be prosecuted for doing that.

I voted 1/2 day, I think it will take approx: 5 hours, with a manslaughter conviction. Personally, I think she is guilty as sin, but there was no sound evidence presented to get her on murder in the first. No prints, no DNA and no eye witness... the jurors will feel the need to get home and try to recover from this ordeal as soon possisble. This case has to be very taxing on their psyche as it has been for most of us here.

I voted for ONE day.. and that is IF some other juror can explain to juror number 4 that Judging is about "judging someone on their clothes, looks, race, tattoos, etc" and NOT about deciding whether or not someone is guilty of a crime... otherwise we could be looking at a week or more... and then I feel really bad for that lady who was supposed to be in London this weekend and I hope JP found great new accommodations for her and her family... seriously, the next time I am on a jury, I want him to be the judge.

I'd like to think these jurors are representative of those of us here at WS. And that common sense, and their desire to go home will mean that they will do exactly as others above thread have said, " Who thinks she killed her daughter with premeditation?" All hands go up and that's all she wrote. I don't even want to think about #4.

I think one full day, tops.

They'll find her guilty. Not sure to what degree.

I think they'll reach a verdict quickly on the first day. Then, they'll spend the rest of the day reviewing evidence to reassure themselves and to satisfy all that they did review and deliberate. They'll return to the hotel, sleep on it and return the verdict the next day.

What do we really know about juror #4 that keeps coming up (not meant in a sarcastic way, I really don't understand) other than she doesn't like to judge? I don't like to judge either (i.e. appearance, race, etc.) but it doesn't mean that I can't come to a conclusion.

I had voted for 3 days but I've changed my mind. Two days should do it. I don't think they would want to reach a verdict in one even if they all agree for fear they would be criticized. My concern with #4 is not that she can't judge but that she had problems understanding HHJP's instructions during jury selection. Hopefully someone on the jury can explain the forensics and computer analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia