2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if they get done with Closing and Jury instructions by 5:00 pm, on Sunday....

They will be back Monday The 4th of July by 10:00 am with their verdict,
And they might have 2 question to be clarified during that time.

I don't think the jury will get to fully deliberate, if at all. I think her attorneys will talk her into a plea deal.

It think all the local Orlando stations, Daytona Stations and most tv stations in Florida, so we can watch on the links that we watched the trial on. Also, HLN, FoxNews and CNN will definately broadcast it, as they were showing the trial. If its before 3pm on Monday, InSession will carry it, but I don't think they will preempt Cops or Worlds Dumbest Criminals to carry something so important. I've listened to some of the Atlanta AM stations and they've done hourly updates on their news breaks this week. A few times it was the lead story. I'll bet they will break in.

I don't think the jury will get to fully deliberate, if at all. I think they will talk her into a plea deal.

Can the DT do that? Wouldn't the SA need to cooperate? Or wouldn't the SA office just say "wait for the jury" and take their chances.

Interesting thought --

Mel

I don't think the jury will get to fully deliberate, if at all. I think they will talk her into a plea deal.

After completely destroying the defense I see no reason for the SA to grant a plea deal. Plus this is about JB and nobody else, in JB's mind, and there is no way he'll pass up the big stage to give closing arguments. JMO

BTW, I suggest that if anyone plans to eat or drink during JB's closing arguments that they keep someone nearby who knows how to administer the Heimlich maneuver. JMO

I think the plea deal will be for LWOP. I agree that the State has a strong case, but this would remove any question. But yes, the State would obviously have to agree to a plea deal. I think CM will be the one who tries to accomplish this. I don't know if Casey and Jose are lucid enough to realize this would be a good thing.

Not only that she "did not like to judge", but not much info was elicited about her personally (Ashton thought she was gone with the judging comment).

She did indicate, IIRC, that she lived alone, didn't have friends, played farmville a lot and only watched westerns on TV. People who are used to being alone and don't have much social contact can have a hard time on a jury at all and particularly in deliberations. I thought she might have a problem before this, but the jury seems to be doing pretty well. If anyone sent a note to the judge with a complaint, we would have to have heard it.

Maybe this is a jury with kind, sensitive people on it, who are doing a good job accomodating everyone's individual quirks.
A person who is as isolated as we have been led to believe she is may really feel included and welcome for the first time in ages within this jury setting, bonding, dinners, etc. She is probably having the time of her life- forced on her, but nevertheless bonding with peers. She is only 40.

I think between 3 and 4 days. I think the first hurdle will be juror #4 who doesn't like to judged people. Then I think the next hurdle will be premeditated vs 2nd degree murder. I think they will eventually agree on 2nd degree murder.

I think they will all vote guilty on the initial ballot. Then they will hash it out as to which charge is applicable, which will take a while... but I think there will be a verdict by the end of the first day. These folks want to go home!

These people will not reach a decision because they want to go home. That would be a miscarriage of justice. I think they enough to go on to reach a verdict within two to three days.

I read this last weekend and that very part stuck out to me too. It gave me a lot of hope that this jury will look at her behavior closely as well.

I think that there will be little, if any, discussion as to her actual guilt. I do think that once they all come to a consensus of ICA's guilt, they will take two or three days to decide on which chactrges she is actually guilty of.

I think you are correct. The punishment will be the problem. Guilt yes. But what should be done with her is another problem. That will be addressed in the penalty phase, if there is one.

I think if they get done with Closing and Jury instructions by 5:00 pm, on Sunday....

They will be back Monday The 4th of July by 10:00 am with their verdict,
And they might have 2 question to be clarified during that time.

I said half a day ,so this works for me. :seeya:

I would like to say that I am quite surprised that no jurors (so far) have been lost yet due to personal illness, immediate family illness or crisis in their "real" life, disobeying the "no talking about the case" rule, no one juror is complaining about another juror's actions, etc. They have been sequestered for quite a while, and I haven't heard of one problem arise. I remember watching almost the whole O.J. trial and they lost quite a few jurors. I think that is a good sign that these jurors are taking this trial quite seriously, no one has feigned anything to try to get back home. Of course I have no idea what is going on in the mind of any individual juror, just wanted to mention that as a group, they have "held up" so far.

What a great point! It is amazing.HHJP has worked overtime to make sure it was as painless as possible. I bet they have some loyalty to him to see this through. But even with the best accommodations,it has to be rough on them.
Kudos for getting this far !

4 days then the jury will send out word that they are deadlocked, tand can't reach a decision, HHJP will send them back to

deliberate, at the end of two more days, thi s circus will end in

a hung jury.
I h ope you are wrong. There certainly is enough evidence and circumstances to consider. Thirty-one days is big. If is was accident, why not a burial or cremation? No human being should be thrown into a swamp to rot.

I am hoping they will be out for at least 2 weeks (sorry guys) I go on holidays for two weeks from the fourth of July on a canal boat in the middle of Yorkshire no phone, no PC, not even my laptop so I am hoping they will stay out till I come back ;-)

I am jealous of your vacation so I hope it's done in a week.

I said a week...or more. I'm back to work next week and just hope that the jury comes back after 2pm when I'm done for the day. I want to be here when the verdict is read. Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

At the very latest Fri afternoon but I think Weds.

I cannot to hear what the notes the jury has written will say.

I suspect we will have Jurors leaving and alternates moving in and they jury will want to see most of the evidence ,I do think someone will ask to smell the can.

This Jury knows this trial is huge and if there are any members wanting to give interveiws or to consider writing a book or just taking to the media then they will want to see and touch and make sure they have all information correct. They have not been allowed to talk about the case so I expect them to really want to hear other peoples opinions on the case and compare them to there own.

I am completely clueless as to how long the jury will deliberate, but I will hanker a guess that deliberations were be a rollercoaster ride for the general public...

because I expect with all the forensic testimony, the jury will be requesting a reread of testimony or submit a question for the judge on at least a couple of occasions....

and as soon as word spreads through the media that all attorneys and Casey have been called back to the courtroom, the legal pundits who have been defense friendly (or perhaps SOME who are defense "plants") will IMMEDIATELY start insinuating that we have a HUNG JURY, and pandamonia will ensue....

Think there is DEFINITELY going to be some "false alarms" that a "Verdict has been reached".....

PUT ON YOUR SEATBELTS....GONNA BE A BUMPY RIDE....

Dear River Cruz, your 15 minutes of fame are over. Good bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member