2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
until Friday afternoon. Juries seem to always come back on Friday afternoon....late.

I also predict that juror number 4 will be a big problem and complain to the judge that she is being intimidated.....

MOO

I was wondering if jury would end up complaining about her if she refused to even deliberate. For all that's been made of her it will be very interesting to see how things go where she is concerned. I'm still of the mind that someone that doesn't want to judge not be on the jury as that is your sole purpose.

I had voted for 3 days but I've changed my mind. Two days should do it. I don't think they would want to reach a verdict in one even if they all agree for fear they would be criticized. My concern with #4 is not that she can't judge but that she had problems understanding HHJP's instructions during jury selection. Hopefully someone on the jury can explain the forensics and computer analysis.

I believe there are a few nurses on the jury and I know there is an IT guy so hopefully they can help with smell of decomp and IT stuff.

I originally thought about 3 days but now after today and yesterday, I think it will be faster and guilty. I think Baez could have done a way better job, he must be just anxious to get out of this trial and do the media rounds. I dont think she will get the death penalty.

until Friday afternoon. Juries seem to always come back on Friday afternoon....late.

I also predict that juror number 4 will be a big problem and complain to the judge that she is being intimidated.....

MOO

I think juror #4 will be fine especially after hearing Cindy swearing on the bible - So help me God then finding out she lied about not being at work in rebuttal. She's also one who's been giving ICA long looks too.

I said a week, but that was completely wrong. Two or three days.

I voted 5 days. I think that at least one juror will hold out against the DP. I think that they will have to sift through all the fog the DT has created. I don't think it will be a quick verdict at all.

I voted 4 days. But I am "friends" on FB with one of the reporters that is in the courtroom daily. She posted that she thinks a guilty verdict will be made in less than a day. She said that she sees their faces every day and she thinks their minds are made up. I thought that was an interesting observation from someone that is closer to the circus than I am. I hope she's right.

I voted 1/2 day, I think it will take approx: 5 hours, with a manslaughter conviction. Personally, I think she is guilty as sin, but there was no sound evidence presented to get her on murder in the first. No prints, no DNA and no eye witness... the jurors will feel the need to get home and try to recover from this ordeal as soon possisble. This case has to be very taxing on their psyche as it has been for most of us here.

Scott Peterson had even less evidence against him than Casey and he's now on Death Row.

Usually, in a murder case there will be no eye witnesses because they are either 1. Dead or 2. nobody was around when the crime happened.

and also...... We have to have Faith in this jury..... That they will do the right thing and come to all the right conclusions.

Scott Peterson had even less evidence against him than Casey and he's now on Death Row.

Usually, in a murder case there will be no eye witnesses because they are either 1. Dead or 2. nobody was around when the crime happened.

The way I see it, if it was only about the states case and evidence against Casey, I would be certain of a guilty verdict. The question is, has the defense alternate theory (plan B like in "the practice") created confusion and reasonable doubt. It is easier to portray a woman as a scared abuse victim than a man.

I have no idea how long the jury will deliberate, will be interesting to see.

What do we really know about juror #4 that keeps coming up (not meant in a sarcastic way, I really don't understand) other than she doesn't like to judge? I don't like to judge either (i.e. appearance, race, etc.) but it doesn't mean that I can't come to a conclusion.

Not only that she "did not like to judge", but not much info was elicited about her personally (Ashton thought she was gone with the judging comment).

She did indicate, IIRC, that she lived alone, didn't have friends, played farmville a lot and only watched westerns on TV. People who are used to being alone and don't have much social contact can have a hard time on a jury at all and particularly in deliberations. I thought she might have a problem before this, but the jury seems to be doing pretty well. If anyone sent a note to the judge with a complaint, we would have to have heard it.

Maybe this is a jury with kind, sensitive people on it, who are doing a good job accomodating everyone's individual quirks.

I would like to say that I am quite surprised that no jurors (so far) have been lost yet due to personal illness, immediate family illness or crisis in their "real" life, disobeying the "no talking about the case" rule, no one juror is complaining about another juror's actions, etc. They have been sequestered for quite a while, and I haven't heard of one problem arise. I remember watching almost the whole O.J. trial and they lost quite a few jurors. I think that is a good sign that these jurors are taking this trial quite seriously, no one has feigned anything to try to get back home. Of course I have no idea what is going on in the mind of any individual juror, just wanted to mention that as a group, they have "held up" so far.

How long will it take the jury to reach a verdict?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz0zM7uXskw"]YouTube - &#x202a;golden emu laying the egg&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]

ETA: to clarify the choices. A full day is any time after 12pm. A half day is anytime before 12pm.

#CaseyAnthony Breaking news! Court administration reporting no court tomorrow..closing arguments are Sunday.
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 3:55 PM

#CaseyAnthony Lots of folks asking if jury will deliberate on 4th. Yes. If you're traveling..you can stay posted on WESH.com.
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 4:25 PM

My guess is they have already made their minds up individually and will use the day to make an appearance at deliberation and discuss things like "can you believe he asked..."

I seem to recall seeing a Dateline or some such program and they interviewed jurors. The jurors said they came in they took a vote to see where everyone stood on the verdict and they were all on the same page and so in order to not look like they didn't deliberate at all they used the bathroom and combed their hair and went out in, I think, less than 15 minutes.

Since there are multiple choices for conviction I think it will take more than a day and a half and voted two full days

I think they know right now. Not much to deliberate. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member