2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone posted that Bill S. on wftv said that it was during business hours only... (it was live so no link) I would think they could request to deliberate thru meals, etc???:waitasec:
Uh oh, then I doubt they will reach a verdict before tomorrow. I was hoping they could go until 10 PM if necessary. :( But yes, better a long time for a proper verdict than a rushed judgement....

Uh oh, then I doubt they will reach a verdict before tomorrow. I was hoping they could go until 10 PM if necessary. :( But yes, better a long time for a proper verdict than a rushed judgement....

Until 6 pm per Bill S.....they got word from Judge Perry

#CaseyAnthony is in a basement cell of the courthouse. She will remain there during the days until verdict. (back to the jail each nite.)
from wesh live blog

There's no telling how long the jurors will take to deliberate over the seven charges Anthony faces: first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to law enforcement.

Where do the jurors go once given instructions?

The alternates return to their hotel. The 12 go to the jury-deliberation room.

Will the alternates immediately be taken back to Pinellas County?

No, they will remain in Central Florida. If Anthony is convicted of first-degree murder, they return to the courtroom for the penalty phase even though they didn't deliberate in the first phase.

Has a foreperson been selected yet?

The jurors will select a foreperson once they begin deliberations.

Where do the jurors actually deliberate?

In a deliberation room that has a conference table, chairs, a dry-erase board, a kitchen and bathroom.

What is the time frame in which they will deliberate? For example, will they deliberate late into the night? According to court spokeswoman Karen Levey, Perry has indicated jurors will deliberate until the dinner hour. He anticipates 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m., but that is subject to change, she said.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/os-casey-anthony-trial-jury-q-and-a-20110702,0,7280160.story

I said half a day because the jury has already sat and listened to every piece of evidence.

I expect a verdict by the end of the day. I find this case so cut and dry. If anything the fairy tale told by the defense strengthened the case against her. If you can't believe the lie the defense told then the only logical conclusion is first degree murder

I'm going to say they will be done before 6:00.

These jury members want to go home to their families...... BUT they do need to take their time.

I think they will either come back tomorrow if they are all in agreement, definitely by Wed if they are all in agreement because of the lady that has to leave on the 7th. But if they don't agree, it could be weeks and it would bode poorly for conviction.

I think there will be two or three jurors leaning towards acquital, with the rest split between 1 a lesser murder count. I think they'll end up on the count that was basically murder by neglect. I don't know if they are fully sold on premeditation. MOO.

I answered 1/2 day and I haven't changed my mind now.

My prayer is that the verdict comes in tonight during Nancy Grace. Talk about a full circle. We got to watch KC being arrested on Nancy Grace, I would love to see Caylee get justice during Nancy Grace.

Are they sequestered during penalty phase as well? Or how does that work?

IMO some of the time will be eaten up by the jury decompressing with each other---especially if they won't have this time later.

So by tomorrow lunch.

I'm thinking they're eating and just talking about everything they haven't been able to say for the past month+. I'm going to guess they haven't even really started yet....I am sure there will be lots of evidence they actually want to see and touch and replay etc.

The criminal law teacher might have suggested a vote by now. The rest could just be them sure-ing up their verdict by checking out all the materials/filling out paperwork.

I think there will be two or three jurors leaning towards acquital, with the rest split between 1 a lesser murder count. I think they'll end up on the count that was basically murder by neglect. I don't know if they are fully sold on premeditation. MOO.

Do you really think anyone on the jury would want her acquitted after hearing all that testimony? One thing I am certain of, she will be convicted. Just not sure of what right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia