2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So did Casey go back to the jail for the time being? I wonder how she is feeling; I cannot imagine her being calm at this point.

Jury was excused to begin deliberations at 12:09 p.m. EST.

And I am torn whether, in the event of a guilty verdict on any count, ICA's rage will be directed at the jurors, or at her defense team. But I think it's most likely that we will see her melt down because she will feel sorry for herself...

I'm thinking they're eating and just talking about everything they haven't been able to say for the past month+. I'm going to guess they haven't even really started yet....I am sure there will be lots of evidence they actually want to see and touch and replay etc.

The criminal law teacher might have suggested a vote by now. The rest could just be them sure-ing up their verdict by checking out all the materials/filling out paperwork.

ita with all you said except for the criminal law teacher... unfortunately he was juror #14:banghead: (I really liked him and wished he was in the 12!)

Jury clock on HLN verdict watch says the jury has been in deliberations for 1 hour : 39 minutes: 27 seconds.... 1 hour 41 minutes now...

As nice as it would be for them to come back today. I voted 2 - 5 days.

So did Casey go back to the jail for the time being? I wonder how she is feeling; I cannot imagine her being calm at this point.

I posted tweet from reporter upstream ^^ to paraphrase it said that during deliberations she is held in a cell in the basement of the courthouse and when deliberations are over she returns to the jail...

I say 2 days - Wednesday between 10am and 2 pm.

I reserve the right to change my mind if/when the jurors make any requests for readback or send questions to the judge.

I'm thinking it's either gonna be quick or it's gonna drag, maybe a week or more. There are a lot of 'ifs' - not related to her guilt mind you, but as to which degree she will be convicted of. And with all her lies, there are a lot of scenarios to decipher. I think they need a FACTS bucket and a FICTION bucket and go from there. The FICTION bucket will certainly take a while!

My prayer is that the verdict comes in tonight during Nancy Grace. Talk about a full circle. We got to watch KC being arrested on Nancy Grace, I would love to see Caylee get justice during Nancy Grace.

That would be tough to do. Nancy has never done a live show in her life. Nancy's records her shows hours earlier then shown.

Nobody has made more money then Nancy Grace off poor dead Caylee. Why would anyone wish her anything good?

So as they near 2 hours at 2 pm, they would reach 6 hours at around 6 pm, but of course they must take breaks and it is probably hoping for too much that it will be today, I suppose....

Well I'll tell ya'll - I did have an officer tell me one time that you don't want a jury to come in too soon, because that usually means not guilty, and they agreed right away. Of course in this case there's way more options than the one he was speaking of many years ago.

I think a day. They'll choose a foreperson, go over the counts and hash it out. I'm sure they don't want to be there any longer than they have to but I have faith they will do the right thing.

I am hoping for a verdict delivered tonight. Just can't imagine how anyone in the world could have heard the witnesses and evidence in this case and not see exactly what happened. Like LDB said... Common Sense. It's that clear.

I think it will take awhile for them to soak in the instructions then they will get down to business. They have such an important job to do, and as much as they want to go home, they won't take this lightly. Maybe early next week?

MOO

Mel

I voted 1/2 a day. I think they've made up their minds already.

I think they know in their hearts too. It's the instructions and charges that take time. Depending on how they do it, and in MY case, they told us to deliberate as we saw fit. We did not know how to start, so we went around the table... each of us "presenting our case", briefly. That was not so productive. Then we made a list on our large wrinkled Jpad (jury pad) and discussed each item separately. We nominated a foreperson. I declined as I am not very adept at legal issues. We passed around the evidence. It took us 8 days, and this was a wrongful death, with more than 175 witnesses. It was tough. We tried several ways before we just fell into going with the flow of things and that worked. Harder was trying to tie in all the points we had discussed separately. We did hang, sort of, and then we discussed those topics again and again, and took lots of votes amongst ourselves. It was VERY hard, and everyone wanted to be fair.

Some jurors had completely misunderstood the evidence and other jurors showed them and explained, until they understood it. We had multiple defendants and it could get hard to keep the evidence straight. We also had lots of videos which we watched ad nauseum, over and over... often in slow motion.

I'm thinking with this trial, we could have saved hours by just presenting the closings! Just do the closings and be done! Ha!

I think they will all vote guilty on the initial ballot. Then they will hash it out as to which charge is applicable, which will take a while... but I think there will be a verdict by the end of the first day. These folks want to go home!

I think you are right....BUT on the other hand, they have already missed their 4th of July plans, so why be in such a hurry now? I think the only question in their minds after hearing about the 31 days will be whether it was premeditated or accidental then staged to look like a kidnapping in case the body was found quickly enough to determine cause of death. They will find her guilty pretty quickly, but of which charge or charges?

I'm very encouraged by the reports that several of the jurors are 'dressed up' today, including Juror #4. If she were going to take an oppositional stance, as some have feared, I don't think she would dress as if to meet media today. She would think it was going to be a struggle, time-wise. I think many have been erroneous in their thinking about her.

I'm very encouraged by the reports that several of the jurors are 'dressed up' today, including Juror #4. If she were going to take an oppositional stance, as some have feared, I don't think she would dress as if to meet media today. She would think it was going to be a struggle, time-wise. I think many have been erroneous in their thinking about her.

I'm encourged about that also. I had a bad feeling about her from the beginning so perhaps this is a good sign. Wonder if their bags are packed?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia