2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted around 4 days, to be home on time for the weekend.
If they start to deliberate on a Friday morning though, perhaps 3 days, deliberate thru the weekend and go home Monday.

I think they are going to have a small problem with First Degree Murder and may go for a lesser charge. My hubby thinks I'm nuts he keeps bringing up the duct tape. The primary reason he thinks First Degree Murder is because as Dr. G stated (paraphrasing) no child should ever have duct tape on their face after death. He is adamant and said he would not change his mind. I won't repeat what else he said.

As far as penalty, if First Degree Murder, LWOP.

3-4 days. I think the jury will want to spend a few days deliberating.

I picked 3 days simply because it seemed to be the right amount of time to sort it all out. I think if they come back very quickly, it will not bode well for ICA. If they take a very long time, I bet that there will be guilty verdicts on lesser charges.

I'm hoping they want to smell the cans during deliberations!

I voted for five days because there's so much for them to go through and I don't think they will all agree on what crime ICA committed.

If they can come to an agreement quickly on how Caylee died/what ICA did to her it should go faster.

I don't think that any of the alternates will have to step in. Its about Caylee, I don't think that anyone can turn their back her, to walk away if they were in a position to be apart of making sure that justice prevails for her

I think they will find her guilty pretty fast, but I don't think they will just run right out the door and say "WE HAVE A VERDICT"... They know the world is watching them and I think this jury will go over every piece of evidence just to be sure.

Does the jury know this is a DP case? Don't they do the penalty process after the sentencing? Do they call the original jury back?
I think all they would be deliberating would be Murder 1 vs. lesser charges. Personally, even if they can't PROVE premeditation, I do think it is aggravated child abuse that she did not call 911 with an "accident" under her watch.

Does the jury know this is a DP case? Don't they do the penalty process after the sentencing? Do they call the original jury back?
I think all they would be deliberating would be Murder 1 vs. lesser charges. Personally, even if they can't PROVE premeditation, I do think it is aggravated child abuse that she did not call 911 with an "accident" under her watch.

They know it is a DP case, that point was made absolutely clear during jury selection.

The jury will return for the penalty phase if they find her guilty, so it's not like a guilty verdict will send them home, they will still have to sit through the second phase of trial. The only thing that would send them home at the end of the guilt phase would be a complete acquittal on all charges.

I have no doubt she will be found guilty of at least child abuse and lying to police. I would be surprised if she was not found guilty of higher charges.

BTW - I voted 2 days, but after reading through this thread, there have been some very good points made and I think 5ish days is probably more accurate.

I voted one day. I wanted to vote >1hr and still hope for such a speedy resounding verdict but realize the jury may need a day or even longer just to decompress and vent with each other. I doubt they'll go on for weeks as was suggested by some TH on HLN last night.

Four Days

Is there a prize associated with this contest?

Yes :) Justice for Caylee and a warm and fuzzy feeling in your heart she can finally RIP. :woohoo:
We get that in >1hr to 6 weeks and we all win!!!

Isn't death due to aggravated child abuse considered Murder One in Florida?

I think you may be right. I'm not certain, but reading that rings a bell. I think I've seen that discussed somewhere on these boards before.

I think that I will wait until Friday or Saturday to answer that. At this point, I know how long it would take me if I was a juror hearing what I've already heard.

Three days sound about right to me. If the jury has been somewhat fooled by the DT, I would say guilty of aggravated manslaughter of a child. If not, murder one.

I voted 3 days just so they had enough time to view the SA's docs. I feel the DT's witnesses were mostly redirected to the SA after JA got done with them.

Being a DP case, I think most of their deliberation may be guilty to which degree.

I don't know though, I am much too new to following a case from the beginning of the trial like this one.

I think it will take from 2-4 days... LOL... I voted for 3 or 4 days...

I voted for two days. Two days, with a big "if."

I think if this weren't a DP case, I believe the jurors would vote "Guilty" of 1st Degree Murder in a New York (or Orlando) minute. But I have a feeling there are a couple of jurors who are anti-death penalty, no matter what the crime, regardless of what they said at jury selection. Just a gut feeling.

If I were the jury foreman, I would say to my fellow jurors: "How about we take the DP off the table, right off the bat? If we agree on guilty on 1st degree murder, would LWOP (w/o chance of parole) work for everyone?" And then go from there. I think things would move along a lot faster without the specter of the DP lurking over the proceedings. (And I am NOT anti-DP; I actually think ICA deserves the needle.)

But I've never served on a jury, so I don't know how it works. Can they even do this?

I just don't want there to be a big "kerfuffle" (my new favorite word!) over the DP and ICA ends up with just a slap on the wrist.

Still, I have faith in the jury. I think they want justice for Caylee. And I think they are even more sick of the endless lies and delays than the rest of us!

Won't ICA just look hideous in an orange jumpsuit? With no makeup? And no cameras to perform for? Be still, my heart!

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member