2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There might be a juror who wants to be famous and will be the one who votes not guilty no matter what... just to be in the lime light later... I always worry about this.

The only reason the OJ jury went that long was because they wanted to stick it to the man & get 1 more free lunch out of the deal before smiling for the talk shows.

The Casey Anthony jury should be done in 1 day; guilty.

This sounds very judgemental!

More than 1 week, IMO, but I'm voting before closing stmts and I hold a high regard for those, well until I heard JB opening one anyway.

If the jury is under pressure to come up w/ a verdict quickly due to vacation plans, won't this favor the defense?

I want to change my vote to <1hr. Today was a game changer for me. Games over. :)

If the jury comes up with a verdict at like 11 PM, would they all go back into the courtroom and just announce it then? Or would they wait until the next morning?

I hope there is no drama of a hung jury or anything of that sort. I want the jury to come back with a verdict.

if the jury gets the case Sunday night - I think they will deliberate for a VERY SHORT period of time no matter what the verdict so they can go home for 4th of july.

I voted 1 day..I know they want to get back to their family. I like the fact that Judge Perry is giving them the option if they want to hear closing arguments on Sunday or on Independence Day on Monday.
Judge Perry was not kidding when he told them he would have them home early July. I would think they would take the Judge up on that offer. What else do they have to do on Sunday and Monday? The defense team will not want to be in court, pretty sure they have plans to celebrate. I wonder if the Judge can make them attend court on Sunday and Monday even if they have VACA plans?

Casey Anthony Defense Says It Will Rest Thursday
Casey Anthony, 25, Could Face Death Penalty If Convicted

"Snip" POSTED: Wednesday, June 29, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Casey Anthony jury could be deliberating her fate over the holiday weekend.

Casey Anthony's defense team said Wednesday evening it will rest on Thursday.

Judge Belvin Perry said closing arguments could be held Saturday, and it is up to the jury if they would want to hear closing arguments on Sunday or on Independence Day on Monday.

Article: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/283...04570106292011

The jurors will spend most of their time talking about how crazy and magical this case is, then move on to how they all feel she is guilty as sin and take a little bit of time hashing out why they all feel she is guilty. So I'll go with a 1/2 day.

I hope there is no drama of a hung jury or anything of that sort. I want the jury to come back with a verdict.

:praying: I am praying that is not the case! That would just be awful! I am really concerned about the judge not ruling on the motion for a mistrial today. I keep telling myself the reason he didn't rule on it was because none of Casey's attorney's were present..except for one over the phone. I kind of feel like the defense team did that intentionally so that they can come back and say, well the judge ruled against the mistrial and the defendant did not have anyone present to represent her and that is the only reason she agreed with MS.Finnel.

Casey Anthony told Judge Perry she agreed with her attorney's motion for mistrial Updated: 4:00 pm EDT June 29, 2011

Judge Perry was in court promptly at 8:30 a.m., along with the prosecution. However, none of Casey's attorneys were present. Casey's death penalty attorney, Ann Finnell, called into the courtroom via telephone to discuss her motion for a mistrial. Finnell argued for the judge to reconsider regulation for a mistrial. She said a new appeals case out of south Florida ruling that the death penalty is unconstitutional means the current jury should be re-seated.

Judge Perry asked if Casey was aware of this and agreed, and she stood up and said, "I agree with Miss Finnell." (watch raw video) http://www.wftv.com/video/28393154/index.html

Casey's attorneys arrived about 10 minutes later.

Perry said the court will reserve ruling on the defense's request for mistrial until a subsequent date. Perry said he will rule on the request "prior to the verdict, if we get that far in this case."

Read More Here, George Breaks Down During Talk Of Caylee's Remains http://www.wftv.com/news/28391868/detail.html

I'm estimating three days, with the verdict delivered at the end of the third day.

I'm kind of hoping they'll deliberate a few more days, though, since I won't be home very much next week & I'm absolutely desperate to be there when the verdict is announced. :(

Juro #4 might surprise everyone. I don't think anybody can really know what the jurors are thinking just by watching their actions in court or how they answered in jury selection.

I have faith they all have common sense and will see through all the BS and lies.
I'm hoping #4 will be an alternate.

If the jury comes up with a verdict at like 11 PM, would they all go back into the courtroom and just announce it then? Or would they wait until the next morning?

I heard this on NG so takes it for what it's worth. The court clerk would be notified of the verdict and hold it sealed. The clerk notifies the judge and then the lawyers from both sides. They would convene the following morning and the sealed verdict would be returned to the foreman and the verdict read IIRC.

so what does everyone do while the jury deliberates? do the lawyers sit in court and wait or do they go about their business and get a phone call when the jury is done?

I do not wanna miss the moment the verdict is read!

I think they will deliberate for 3 hours. My husband just asked me this question earlier today and that was the first time that came in my mind.

I voted three days because there is A LOT of evidence to go through.

I think they've already made up their minds. Time spent in deliberation will just be for show.

Juror #4 doesn't worry me. In my experience, the people who say they are not judgmental turn out to be the most judgmental. I imagine her losing her 'not judgmental' bent during the party pictures. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak