2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May just be me, but yep...that's EXACTLY what I would want in my defense attorney...not! :banghead:

(Not directing comment to you...but at how Baez presents himself)

He's probably a very likeable guy but.........he needs to work on his delivery of the message. His stumbling with his comments is both distracting and annoying. At times, I can't make heads or tails of what he's trying to say.

Please dont throw tomatoes at me, but I actually like Jose Baez....Ok ready.aim.fire!

I think he seems fun and kinda flirty. He is doing his job and I respect him for that. He is a defense attorney and will do what he has to do to get his client a lesser sentence or not guilty verdict. So to me, its nothing personal. Somebody gotta prosecute and some gotta defend.

jmo but I think JB nailed this!

Please dont throw tomatoes at me, but I actually like Jose Baez....Ok ready.aim.fire!

I think he seems fun and kinda flirty. He is doing his job and I respect him for that. He is a defense attorney and will do what he has to do to get his client a lesser sentence or not guilty verdict. So to me, its nothing personal. Somebody gotta prosecute and some gotta defend.

Haha, I've thought the same thing about him, but never wanted to admit it before! ;) While I can't go so far as to say I find him attractive (he looks EXACTLY like one of my brothers, so just....ewww), I will say that he's a good-looking man and seems like he can be a charming and charismatic guy.

However, I find his blatent lies and willingness to frame other people for ICA's crimes despicable. There are other ways to handle a respectable defense, IMO. I don't think he conducts himself in a manner that truly benefits his client.

just FYI to everyone

I received my text from Orlando Sentinel promptly yesterday

I just received the text from the jury being sent home by HHJP yesterday from WFTV this morning at 8:20

wow they have a tiny backlog!

What I know of the SP trial is that the jurors deliberated for several days, then they had to replace 2 of the jurors. Once the alternate jurors stepped in the they deliberated for around 8 hours and then reached a verdict.

This is interesting. Do you know why these two jurors had to be replaced?

Yes, I am dying to hear the verdict and am not waiting patiently.... but I have to admit, part of me doesn't want this to be over.
I will go as far as saying, this case has become a hobby for me...
I hope that doesn't come across sounding like I don't care about Caylee, because her smile and eyes are what drew me in here in the first place. Then I got caught up in the players and facts (and drama) and here I am 3 yrs. later.
I do care deeply that justice is served and I am on pins and needles waiting to hear what sayeth the jury.
But who wants to give up a hobby they enjoy.
I feel challenged here. I am comfortable here. I'm a little sad it's almost over.

Call it an addiction....that's fine... but I prefer to call it a hobby.

My husband thinks she does not deserve the death penalty. He thinks this whole case was manipulated and evidence pointing to anyone else was either ignored or destroyed. He thinks George was involvedand that he wanted Casey to go down for it from the beginning. He also thinks the whole thing with Kronk is suspicious and that LE didn't handle it right from the beginning. When we have talked about it and I have pointed out things regarding his theory that didn't make sense, he says if it's this confusing for us, how do I think a jury is going to figure it out? I'm not sure if he thinks Casey is completely innocent, but I do think he believes she didn't intend for Caylee to die, that she drugged her and came back to find her dead and then panicked.
I feel your pain, it's really hard to believe in the facts when someone you are close to feels the opposite and argues with you. I can only imagine what it's like for the jury in that deliberation room. I've been on a jury before... on a minor case... but still, it gets tense when a group of people start out disagreeing and each side is trying so hard to bring the other side over to their way of thinking.
I pray that this will not end up a hung jury.

My hubby believes KC is responsible,but he thinks George was involved in some way.

what would be the point? I think they will only come back when the jury has reached a verdict.

IMO I wonder if they don't want the whole world looking for their reaction.

I wonder how their absence looks to the jury.

scoot on over...I need a seat on this pain train, lol...

My hubby thinks the exact same thing! It's been a week of frushrating debate with him..., and he's not waivering on his thoughts!

Oh there's no debate on this here. I'm right. He knows it. I've trained him to always agree with me, lol.

Yes I agree JB does blab on and on and mutters at times. He needs to work on that, but other than that I think he did a good job. I'm sure Casey hasnt been the easiest person to work with either. Now I do believe that Casey could have gotten someone else, even Mark Geragos probably.

Someone said he lied, I dont think thats really how its put if you are a defense attorney. It is the truth according to your client and a strategy. Thats what Defense attorneys do.

My mother too, age 89 says 'guilty', and hits poor jb with the fly swatter when he's on the tv.:floorlaugh:

buy her a feather duster and she will have done two jobs at once-lol. my mom says that jose is a son of a b--- :floorlaugh: we can invite them for tea party the two moms!!

My mom is 85. No computer. She does have cable. Hears nothing about this case except what she reads in local paper, news, and my blabathons.

She's thought ICA is guilty from the get go.
My grand didn't eother when i got married in 1989. she totally blew me away!
well- it was 10 years later. I sat straight up in bed and I was whoa!!!

My mom is 85. No computer. She does have cable. Hears nothing about this case except what she reads in local paper, news, and my blabathons.

She's thought ICA is guilty from the get go.

My mother too, age 89 says 'guilty', and hits poor jb with the fly swatter when he's on the tv.:floorlaugh:

And I bet neither of you would have gotten away with misplacing a grandchild either.

(really wanted to practice newly learned trick of multiple quotes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l