2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An invest has formed in the gulf. if it forms into anything and continues heading to the panhandle, it will overshadow Casey and folks will be interested in that instead of her.

What a storm? I have a house over there! really? I need to go check weather!

As I have been considering whether the jury could have possibly been influenced enough by their desire to go home to go ahead and settle on a "not guilty" verdict without going over the evidence, I thought about how hard people try to get out of jury duty and how they regard it as nothing more than a huge inconvenience. I guess if that is one's attitude, and then one is selected and kept away from normal life for several weeks, one might be chomping at the bit to get out, and feel more comfortable letting someone walk than potentially putting them in the death seat, in order to get one's freedom.

I agree. I think point blank this jury just wanted to go home. Period. I'm sure they were pissed they had to give up their holiday weekend. But tuff cookies. Caylee will never get to enjoy another holiday. ever.

I'm so frustrated I could scream.

just wanted to take a minute to reflect....

I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for everything to work out okay.

I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means.

I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see -- This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time.

I hope that my happiness will continue to grow -- I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people -- I am finally happy. Let's just hope that it doesn't change.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/18740616/detail.html#ixzz1RRC0G3Fy

I still think this says it all.

Pfft, I'll be dead before he is. :mad:

True that!

Maybe that's the 'silver lining' in all this. At least KCA won't have the appeals process to protect her and keep her alive for years and years. ;)

Something is wrong with what Judge Perry did. Casey was not being held in jail with no bond for the lying charges. She was being held for the 1st degree murder charge. She should have never been given credit for the time served.

Guys, I might have jury duty soon, if they contact me back. I didn't try to get out of it, so they could tell me I have to go. It will be my first time going. I'm scared, but after watching this case, I'm going to go in using logic and common sense. Everything this jury didn't use, and I'm going to make my decision the right way.

Proud of you plastics.

Make sure all understand Reasonable Doubt. Few do. Don't let them try to use they typical standard of "Beyond the shadow of a doubt" which doesn not exist in our system.

Guys, I might have jury duty soon, if they contact me back. I didn't try to get out of it, so they could tell me I have to go. It will be my first time going. I'm scared, but after watching this case, I'm going to go in using logic and common sense. Everything this jury didn't use, and I'm going to make my decision the right way.

Yes..we did learn by this how important jury duty is.. if we just had one upstanding person on that jury to stand up and not back down... we would at least have swayed the others to the guilty side.. or gotten a hung jury. At least one person who listened to ALL the evidence...

but we didn't have that in this trial.. now we have a dangerous psychopath/narcisist/child murderer going free as a bird... nice!

Ty for your post and I understand your feelings completely and hope you reconsider about serving.
If anything we have learned that we need to stand up for our convictions, especially when serving on a jury.
I heard about the juror who described the discussions when they were considering manslaughter. If one, only ONE person had held out the events we are seeing this week would not be playing out in this way.
I cannot speak to why the jurors changed their minds concerning the manslaughter charge but I cannot help but wonder if some peer pressure may have played a part.

I agree. I wish just ONE juror had held out. And actually listened to the judges instructions. I think since they all got along well that no one wanted to rock the boat and that a few who might have wanted to convict were bullied or swayed to give in.

Well Shelby, that's the funny thing. California never really executes inmates on death row. The death penalty is just a theoretical thing. Theoretically they will eventually be executed but a death row inmate has better chances of dying of natural causes that getting lethal injection.

IIRC Scott Peterson's appeals haven't even started yet. He's still awaiting an appellate attorney to take on his appeals.

Quite a back-log and not enough attorneys, eh? I can't wait for the day he dies...if it ever comes along.

:waitasec:

:loser: He must want his "15 minutes" ... :waitasec: or is he trying to get himself "done in" ?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:waitasec: So that is why they were all dressed up this morning ! I noticed CA had her hair a little more puffed up the back and nice clothes on ... and GA had on a jacket ...

Yep ... all doodied up for the CAMERAS !

:maddening:
Laughing all the way to the bank.:banghead:

Adam Lloyd Pollack

Adam Lloyd Pollack
Contributor Level 6
Posted about 1 year ago. This attorney is licensed in Florida.
A motion to correct sentence can be filed at any time. You are correct that the law says that the court must give credit for time served. However, a careful analysis of where and when your husband was incarcerated will help to deliver the answer to your question. The rule is that you can only get time for a charge if that charge is holding you and you have not gotten credit for that time in another case. In your husband's situation, because he was found not guilty, the time that he spent in jail logically should be applied to his probation violation unless he had bonded out of jail on his vop. As you can see, there are documents that need to be examined to properly answer your

question.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/d...husband-have-to-g-264143.html?ref=qad_related

No matter how much you try, some people are not capable of grasping "Reasonable Doubt". They do not have the intellectual make-up to comprehend it or the emotional fortitude to grasp it.

I am done with Casey and her family.

On to cases that hopefully will have justice served.

Proud of you plastics.

Make sure all understand Reasonable Doubt. Few do. Don't let them try to use they typical standard of "Beyond the shadow of a doubt" which doesn not exist in our system.

BBM
Yesterday during a discussion with my sweet MIL she used the term "beyond shadow of a doubt" when describing the jury's reason for the verdict and I just wanted to pound my head on the table.

I have jury duty in a couple of weeks too. I'm ready for it!!

:waitasec: So that is why they were all dressed up this morning ! I noticed CA had her hair a little more puffed up the back and nice clothes on ... and GA had on a jacket ...

Yep ... all doodied up for the CAMERAS !

:maddening:

Casey loned her a "bumpit". It's what bff's do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18