2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to this link above and then click on the link in the Chicago Tribune story that will take you to the full story, you will get a better idea about juror #2.

He said that on Tuesday, the vote was 6-6 for manslaughter. The two side began arguing over each other voices, and the foreman, (Hottie #11) *rolleyes* calmed them all down. Little by little, the side for guilty was convinced to go to not guilty, until Juror #2 was the lone standout. I feel badly for him, can you imagine the pressure he was under by the other 11 who just wanted to go home. He didn't identify himself, and is scared for his family. This man I do believe and my heart goes out to him. He tried to do the right thing, but finally gave in. Says he won't ever be the same after seeing Caylee's final photos.

Juror 2 — The IT Worker: Black male, mid-thirties, married, two children: a daughter, 4 and son, 9. Like defendant, Casey Anthony, juror’s mother was a single mom. “My impression was that, ‘yes, I thought she did it.’ ... If I had to return a verdict, I would say ‘not guilty’ right now.” Death penalty stance: Does not believe in the death penalty. “God is the one that makes the final judgment.”

Let's just put the blame where it really lies. If Jose had not come up with the outlandish opening statement, nor enlisted the 'help' of GA and CA, to lie and obfuscate, and went with the version of the story his client maintained until 6 weeks before the trial started....the jury probably would have found her guilty. Sadly, these 12+5 jurors fell hook, line and sinker for the 'fantasy tale' that Baez put out. Baez was quite the little thespian for his opening, shouting, screaming, blaming Kronk and George. Personally, I think the minute that JB started that 'tale' in opening, HHJP should have put a stop to it and made him show what proof (in camera) JB had to his allegations. And no proof...no using it. That is the point at which I feel, (IMO) that HHJP dropped the ball. The only thing that was at least 'sort of' reasonable would have been the pool drowning. What Jose and CM did was an entire trial by ambush.

I also feel that HHJP pushed to hard to get a jury too quickly, and favored the defense during that time.

I also blame the jurors for using their discomfort at the situation they were in, to rule just how hard they would deliberate. Shame on them...too bad KC doesn't live near them all.

I personally believe that HHJP did all he could do to curb the DT within what he was able to do legally. I do agree that he rushed jury selection far too much. The man was on a mission and in doing that mission he allowed a jury to be picked that was not suitable. These people obviously didn't appreciate being sequestered and I don't blame them.

You have to realize that the DT knew what it was doing. There were many many many many delays that put Court off entirely. And the jury had no idea which side caused the delay. The DT knew that the longer they were sequestered the less likely they would fight for a particular verdict and give up so they could go home.

Now don't ya all throw things at me.

But I do think the SA failed in one regard. And JG touched on it on the Today Show. I think it was a huge mistake to not show the A's what they were from the get go. I think by trying to portray them as a loving family backfired on them. They are dysfunctional. I will give the jury that much. They would be correct. In fact the jury doesn't even know the half of how dysfunctional they truly are. I think the state should have been honest with them about the dynamics of the family. I think then they would have understood the additional motive we have all thought went along with this murder. Which was pure and colossal hatred for her mother. Casey killed Caylee (at least in part) because she knew it would destroy Cindy and she didn't want Cindy to have the satisfaction of raising Caylee.

For Casey killing Caylee was a win/win (and now it really is a win/win for her). She could be free to live the bella vita and she could decimate her mother. And now to top it off she will be a millionaire.

That's the motive and the jury never heard that.

I also don't think the jury was provided all the ping locations and computer activity during the day this alleged accident happened. I remember the DT complaining about the State using this evidence on rebuttal and I don't think it was presented which makes me think HHJP wouldn't allow it in.

To be fair to the jury there was a lot they didn't hear. But IMO they heard more than enough evidence to convict casey, at the minimum manslaughter.

Willimam Morris signed Casey Anthony and Jose Baez OMG..blood is squirting from my eyes!

Since KC was acquitted, what do they do with all of the evidence?

Aphrodite Jones on HLN reporting that Beaz & FCA are now being represented by the William Morris Agency in NYC....

I wish LE would take Casey's car of death and dump it on their front lawn.

Tell 'em, Aphrodite J.!

eta: Click! I will not listen to a juror!

I understood JA to say, in closing argument, that when she invented the job that required her to work nights, she left Caylee home with her parents who were "glad" to take care of her.

Thank you so much! I feel that the pros could of really played into that. Figured the A COA on that ! But just never heard it.

By my (totally bad) math - here are a few nauseating figures:

Caylee lived approx: 1,040 days of life.

For murdering her child Casey spent/will spend: 1,049 days in jail.

If Caylee had lived an average lifespan she was robbed of :
26,335 days of life.

IMO, Casey owes Caylee 26,335 days.

It is sad that:
The criminals will have new ideas from this case.
The Defense Lawyers saw a new way to defend them.
That family members see that Perjury is ok.
That Jurors now see how to cash in.
That Americans all over see how tragic and wrong this case went and yet our Justice System will stay the same. For Caylee's memory please change this.

I hope that their attitudes are noted by the state and influence their decision regarding what charges should be pressed against them.

Maybe they should have one of those commercials that says if you have mesothelioma call 1800blahblahblah.

Ya know, if you have been mentally or physically harmed by ICA, her DT or her family, please call 1800GetCasey.:crazy:

It's too bad that we can not all file a civil suit for wrongful death and then donate the money to TES? Like a class action lawsuit against her?

I wonder how long it will take for Casey to sue her own parents for Caylee's remains?

I must have missed this; do they have her remains?

I see nothing but rage building up towards the jurors from everywhere. They got to spend time in a 4 star hotel, wineing and dining for free. Don't tell me how much they sacrificed...Whooey! Being treated so special by the State of Florida and spitting in their face is diabolical.

I'm glad you brought that up as I have wondered about that especially since Juror Huekler (I believe) said the friends rode in the car and didn't smell anything.

Caylee's carseat took up half the back seat -- did they remove it to ride back there and put it back later? And all the shoes that were on the seat? I think Cindy lied about the doll sitting in the carseat too. I'm sure I heard early in the case that it was in the trunk.

Anyone have a clearer understanding of all this to share?

It was earlier in the month, the 4th comes up for me. Caylee was alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho