2011.07.09 - Per Mason, Casey is not going home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering does Casey have access to TV and newspapers, is she aware of the hostility towards her or is she shielded from it?

Just wondering does Casey have access to TV and newspapers, is she aware of the hostility towards her or is she shielded from it?

Has it been reported how her fellow inmates at the county jail have reacted to the verdict?

The best thing for anyone to do about CM is to ignore him. Honestly, why is anyone wasting time on what that unusual person has to say?

ITA. His interview said it all. IMO, he is in this for the "game."
By the way, CM was the defense council for Nickolas Serrano(sp?) See the link below. While I believe wholeheartedly in a person's right to a defense, CM must have something extra that lets him sleep at night. If you think the Anthony case is heartbreaking check out this link

http://www.news4jax.com/news/13569995/detail.html

I would hope the attorneys make her aware if they have not done so already.

I have adopted an entirely new view about her acquittal. I think it will be better in the end than if she was found guilty. She is going to have a huge fall from the 'victory' she thinks she has attained. The public HATES her. She is under the allusion that she is a celebrity now. But she will see the truth soon enough. She will be angry and frustrated to no end. This will not have a happy ending. She is going to be miserable and haunted imo.

My first post here....just wanted to thank you for giving me another way to look at this ultra-upsetting experience (i.e., the acquittal). I needed another perspective in order to deal with the whole thing, and hadn't yet been able to rouse one.....until reading your post. Thank you again.

Oh, and btw......I really hope you're right.

And I really, really hope her 'fall' does not result in her hurting someone else.

I suspected this when I read that George and Cindy left court after the verdict without trying to talk to her.

I think they have grown closer over the past three years - not having KC around has demonstrated to them how disruptive to family life she was. And, unlike the jury, they know she killed Caylee.

The lying/mistruths during the trial were only to save her from the death penalty. I don't believe that they actually thought for a moment she would get off and I think they were as shocked and upset as everyone else.

No, this is as much George and Cindy's decision as KCs. I haven't read a reason for the change in release date, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that GA and CA said she wasn't welcome there, and so her release had to be delayed until a suitable alternative could be found.

All MOO of course.

Bolding mine.

You make a good point (about her perhaps not being welcome in the Anthony home). Has it been shown anywhere that her family IS willing to have her come home? I agree, it's clear that both of her parents are now clear in knowing that she did kill her child. That said, I can see them not wanting her back in their home, no matter the potential money coming in, etc. Of course, considering the level of dysfunction in that particular family, I can see it going the other way, too.

My first post here....just wanted to thank you for giving me another way to look at this ultra-upsetting experience (i.e., the acquittal). I needed another perspective in order to deal with the whole thing, and hadn't yet been able to rouse one.....until reading your post. Thank you again.

Oh, and btw......I really hope you're right.

And I really, really hope her 'fall' does not result in her hurting someone else.

:Welcome1::wagon:

:balloons:

IMO
If Casey is tough, if Casey has guts, if Casey is as tough as they come then why did she not protect Caylee? why did she not leave the home with Caylee and start her own life???

The 'she's tough' and 'has guts' comments stood out to me also. If she's so 'tough', they why did CM and the gang try so hard to make her appear so young, tiny, vulnerable, innocent (yeah, I know :rolleyes:), etc., ad nauseum? That business in court of lowering her chair, dressing so conservatively (i.e., 'innocently'), etc.....I mean, I 'get' why they did it, but then to later refer to her as 'tough' and having 'guts' is awfully incongruent with the image they tried so hard to project in court.

Oh my. Good thing, too, as I can't imagine a profession that would carry more risk (to her eventual community, if there is one) than nursing. :eek:hwow:

No she cannot become a nurse. Not with 6 felonies on her background. And this is something I've researched and researched for other felons in a job duty over the last 4 years. Re-entry back into society issues.

For starters, ICA is a resident of Florida. Her charges are Florida based. Florida is one of the most felony unfriendly states around. Especially since Gov. Scott took office. He's really tightened up what you can and can't do. Which is pretty much nothing! The law was relaxed before but then came the reports of nursing home abuse. A LOT of reports. Investigations. Then came the reports of Elder abuse. A LOT of them. People abusing the elderly. People stealing from them. Not $1 or $2. But HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of dollars from individuals. Here comes Gov. Scott. AND WHAMMO! He and Pam Bondi? Has it SO tight on requirements and penalties for having a felony conviction? That about the ONLY thing one CAN do in this state?

Is get a drivers license. Providing you don't owe the state any monies. Because Florida also will suspend your license if you do not pay your court fines, costs and any other restitutional payments. I already posted a reference link once somewhere on WS about change of name procedures and how it affects you later.

As far as housing issues? A LOT of rental places, management companies and even home owner associations? Have really strict rules not allowing felons to rent from them or even live in that particular community. And I mean A LOT. Everyone just about? Runs a national background check if not a state and local background check. Even IF the person is living with someone in a controlled rental or community that has HOA? IF they find out said person is in the community against policy? They are asked to leave. OR you leave with them. No exceptions.

Most ALL employers in the state? Also run background and credit checks for positions available. If not national? State wide and local. Getting a job with a felony is a big hinderance in this state for a lot of people. A lot of companies have strict no tolerance corporate policies. Disney has a life time policy. Universal the same. Walmart and Target as well. ALL major names, brands and companies with national chains have a no forgiveness policy.

That seems to be the common thread throughout the A's household as far as KC was concerned. LA confirmed it during his testimony. It was always about KC. If KC had stayed in prison CA would have still had her daughter because eventually KC would have caved in on the visitation. CA's greatest fear has been apparently realized.....she has lost both her girls. jmo

Unintended consequences have a way of biting you in the butt. I bet CA isn't sitting much now a days.

No she cannot become a nurse. Not with 6 felonies on her background. And this is something I've researched and researched for other felons in a job duty over the last 4 years. Re-entry back into society issues.

For starters, ICA is a resident of Florida. Her charges are Florida based. Florida is one of the most felony unfriendly states around. Especially since Gov. Scott took office. He's really tightened up what you can and can't do. Which is pretty much nothing! The law was relaxed before but then came the reports of nursing home abuse. A LOT of reports. Investigations. Then came the reports of Elder abuse. A LOT of them. People abusing the elderly. People stealing from them. Not $1 or $2. But HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of dollars from individuals. Here comes Gov. Scott. AND WHAMMO! He and Pam Bondi? Has it SO tight on requirements and penalties for having a felony conviction? That about the ONLY thing one CAN do in this state?

Is get a drivers license. Providing you don't owe the state any monies. Because Florida also will suspend your license if you do not pay your court fines, costs and any other restitutional payments. I already posted a reference link once somewhere on WS about change of name procedures and how it affects you later.

As far as housing issues? A LOT of rental places, management companies and even home owner associations? Have really strict rules not allowing felons to rent from them or even live in that particular community. And I mean A LOT. Everyone just about? Runs a national background check if not a state and local background check. Even IF the person is living with someone in a controlled rental or community that has HOA? IF they find out said person is in the community against policy? They are asked to leave. OR you leave with them. No exceptions.

Most ALL employers in the state? Also run background and credit checks for positions available. If not national? State wide and local. Getting a job with a felony is a big hinderance in this state for a lot of people. A lot of companies have strict no tolerance corporate policies. Disney has a life time policy. Universal the same. Walmart and Target as well. ALL major names, brands and companies with national chains have a no forgiveness policy.

Sounds like moving in with CM would be out of the question then? I'm sure all the attorneys live in some type of "country club" type community. jmo

The 'she's tough' and 'has guts' comments stood out to me also. If she's so 'tough', they why did CM and the gang try so hard to make her appear so young, tiny, vulnerable, innocent (yeah, I know :rolleyes:), etc., ad nauseum? That business in court of lowering her chair, dressing so conservatively (i.e., 'innocently'), etc.....I mean, I 'get' why they did it, but then to later refer to her as 'tough' and having 'guts' is awfully incongruent with the image they tried so hard to project in court.

JMO of course but I would have to agree. ICA has to be tough. Not many people could look at the remains of their skeletonized child and not cry. Not many could watch home videos of a live, dancing, playing precious baby and not cry. Not many could turn their backs on their parents, watch stoically as the parents fell to pieces on the witness stand and not shed a tear.
ICA is tough like an SOS pad, tough, but those eventually unravel too!

I have adopted an entirely new view about her acquittal. I think it will be better in the end than if she was found guilty. She is going to have a huge fall from the 'victory' she thinks she has attained. The public HATES her. She is under the allusion that she is a celebrity now. But she will see the truth soon enough. She will be angry and frustrated to no end. This will not have a happy ending. She is going to be miserable and haunted imo.

I have come to feel the exact same way. She will self-destruct. She is looney tunes. No way she can lead a life that does not include her mom telling her when to pee or not. So unless somebody is paid to be with her 24/7.....it should be interesting.

JMO of course but I would have to agree. ICA has to be tough. Not many people could look at the remains of their skeletonized child and not cry. Not many could watch home videos of a live, dancing, playing precious baby and not cry. Not many could turn their backs on their parents, watch stoically as the parents fell to pieces on the witness stand and not shed a tear.
ICA is tough like an SOS pad, tough, but those eventually unravel too!

Oh please don't misunderstand! I too, agree with you and CM, et. al. that she IS one 'tough' cookie (and not in a good way). I just found it highly ironic (and creepy) that the image of her portrayed in court was the polar opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela