2011.07.22 George & Cindy Board Private Jet for Nassau Vacation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a difference between appearing on talk shows when people want to know your story, and being spotlight grabbers. Is Jaycee Dugard a spotlight grabber as well? Her mother? How about the parents of Elizabeth Smart? How would their appearances on the talk shows be any different than the A's?

Jaycee Dugard---victim
Elizabeth Smart--victim
Casey Anthony--defendant (murderer)

Huge difference.....

We definitely disagree on what "in your face" means. As far as asking people to leave them alone, then forming a foundation, sure they can! They're still private citizens!

Sure they can. But then they accept the bumpy road ahead with people saying not on your life and stating the reasons why they refuse to support these people.

I don't agree that the A's have made themselves public figures. I know your argument is that they've started the foundation so they're now public figures. I don't see it that way. The A's were thrust into the spotlight. How they act in the spotlight.. we've seen them push and tug at protestors, scream and yell, answer questions from reporters that others may have ignored. Well, that's what they choose to do. I don't see how it's appropriate for anyone to suggest what they should be doing, where they should be going. Let them live.

What "in your face" mentality are you referring to?

"The Supreme Court distinguished between public and private persons for purposes of defamation law. According to the Court, private persons "are more vulnerable to injury, and the state interest in protecting them is correspondingly greater." The court reasoned that public officials and public figures had greater access to the media and "have a more realistic opportunity to counteract false statements than private individuals normally enjoy."

Under this decision, the A's definelty meet the criteria as public figures. here.http://www.freedomforum.org/packages/first/defamationandfirstamendment/casesummaries.htm

All of the people mentioned in the above post are honorable, honest, thankful and sincere. You can not use any of those adjectives to describe the Anthonys.

I don't think that's true. They are human beings who had their granddaughter ripped from their lives. They've been doing a lot of things in reaction since that time. Sincere? They have sincere love for their granddaughter.

"The Supreme Court distinguished between public and private persons for purposes of defamation law. According to the Court, private persons "are more vulnerable to injury, and the state interest in protecting them is correspondingly greater." The court reasoned that public officials and public figures had greater access to the media and "have a more realistic opportunity to counteract false statements than private individuals normally enjoy."

Under this decision, the A's definelty meet the criteria as public figures. Please see my next post for Suprem Court Link. Can't get it to copy here.

This post does not define a public figure.

Me bad, but I was thinking of a vacation I had in the Bahama's once........
Rained and stormed for 3 days, lost electric...........hot and miserable!
The pool had debris in it from the storms so we couldn't swim.
Same at the beach. No ice etc.
Sitting here in our heatwave comfy in my home,
I am beng very bad hoping their vacation in the Bhamas was like mine.
Imagine them together in a hotel room, sweating and at each other......
or is this a honeymoon???

Sure they can. But then they accept the bumpy road ahead with people saying not on your life and stating the reasons why they refuse to support these people.

Well, I'm not arguing whether or not the A's are accepting the bumpy road ahead. I'm asserting that they should be left alone and every step they make should not be criticized. Let them go to Home Depot. Let them go on a paid vacation. Let them go home. Let them go for a walk. Let them write a book, go on a morning talk show, without people trying to decipher their motives.

I agree with you. Knowing from personal experience that I was kicked out the door when I asked for my disability (after paying 20 years into the system). I broke my ankle, have (and still have) neuropathy from my diabetes, and can harldy walk - truly! I was told to get get a flippin job that didn't involve walking or carrying items.

I've been lucky enough to stay home, and my husband supports us. But yah, I felt really screwed by the system. Seeing Cindy get disability for the last 3 years for what appears to be a stress illness is beyond my imagination.

Maybe if I said I was stressed out it would work in my favor. I guess 10 pins, 2 metal plates, and nerve damage isn't doing me any favours.

MOO

Mel

First, I feel your pain! I have rheumatoid arthritis and when I have a flare it's like walking on broken bones.Hands ,wrists and shoulders ,too. Hard to explain what it's like to be dependent on others .

The issue you raised is why I don't think CA is on SSI. It's not easy to get .I believe she got the max Gentiva allowed .She testified to that,but I don't recall anything about gov't disability.
I wonder if she could get unemployment once that maxed out :waitasec:

I agree. I don't know if I would have stayed inside, or eventually come outside to defend myself and my property. I've never been put in that position. I can imagine one would be driven to the point of high discomfort, though, with a ton of protestors outside.

It only started with a few protesters but with every confrontation by the A's it got larger and larger. Common sense would tell you to ignore them. Some of us had to go through "strike lines" in our lifetime with things said to them that was far worse than anything the A's dealt with and no one got out of their cars and confront them. You did as you were told. Just ignore them by next week those same people will be back talking to you.

From videos I've seen the protesters were on the sidewalk and curbing area where they were told they could stand not on the A's property. But them throwing stones and pennies at the garage goes beyond protesting and becomes criminal to me. jmo

It's a unique situation when you have a pile of screaming protestors outside your house, pushing your buttons.

Guess I will never know, because I have 2 daughters and 3 grand kids and if 1 was missing for a day I would beat the he-- out of my daughter and if she didn't fess up I would be on the phone to 911 and demand she go straight to jail till she told.

By the way they are both upstanding MOM'S and this would never happen.
They are 38 and 40 and I have always known all their friends and all their baby sitters.

OT I guess....I went to the Bahamas years and years ago. Maybe it is just me but I was not impressed...maybe it has improved...we could not even drink the water there. Horrible smells from the reef...I know lots of people that have been there and enjoyed it but my experience was not a good one....I am not a picky person by any means but that was how our trip was. Good, uh no,lol, IMO

I think there's a difference between appearing on talk shows when people want to know your story, and being spotlight grabbers. Is Jaycee Dugard a spotlight grabber as well? Her mother? How about the parents of Elizabeth Smart? How would their appearances on the talk shows be any different than the A's?

It's not that they're IN the media. It's how they present themselves to the media and to the public that wants to help them.

I remember Ed Smart, for quite awhile, was a suspect in his daughter's disappearance.
There were a lot of ugly things said about him. But he continued to be humble & grateful, &
was in control of his anger when in public. Eventually, I think, he had a breakdown,
but not in public for the world to observe. I felt sooo bad for him & his family.

The Smarts and most other families with missing & murdered children behave so differently from the A's.

The A's always seem so overly defensive and then become so offensive.
The A's behavior is a turn-off and makes it difficult to want to help them
or to understand what they're going through or why they choose to do what they do.

Regardless of my negative feelings towards them, for all their negative behavior.....
they still have my sympathy over the loss of their granddaughter.

I just wish they'd learned something from how the other families behaved and
reacted and performed in front of the media.

Gratitude goes a long way!

Again, it's not what they do. It's how & when they do it.

Nice, Cindy and George have gone away. Evil Casey is hiding. And a quiet peace has returned finally to our life's here. But what a costly road to get here.........

If the "a" family wanted OUT of publicity, they would go quietly away.
They LOVE the attention.
They WANT to be seen in PRIVATE jets etc.

I would crawl in a hole far away if I were them,change my name and go to work
and act like everyother GOOD citizen.............but THEY will NOT!

All of the people mentioned in the above post are honorable, honest, thankful and sincere. You can not use any of those adjectives to describe the Anthonys.

Their families cooperated with LE. CA bragged about giving LE the wrong hairbrush and said she wished she'd given them the dog's toothbrush.

This is how I see it: The Anthonys are choosing to move on. They have been mired in their grief for the past 3 years, and their emotions have run the gamut of the 7 Stages of Grief, often fluctuating wildly between them. They will never be able to turn back the clock and slip without fanfare into their old world, so they must forge a new one. Like it or not, they have become public figures whose every move is scrutinized (hence this and the voluminous pages of other threads). For the most part, I think they probably are unemployable, at least there in Orlando. If they got jobs, I can just see the posts stating they would boycott those businesses not to put a dime in their pockets. What employer in this downtrodden economy is going to want to take on the challenge of an employee with such baggage? With thousands clamoring for few jobs, I'm not seeing it.

So they are moving in another direction entirely. The establishment of foundations by people who have been known to play fast and loose with the truth warrants close scrutiny be paid to their financial transactions and records, not out of spite or malice, but because they have shown they are not savvy with finances. I am sure whomever is overseeing the case management of their disability claims knows to go over them with a fine-toothed comb and be on any errors or omissions like white on rice. I have not read enough of their foundations to form a legitimate opinion of them. But it is entirely possible that they intend to do good from them and still earn a decent living. Seeing George and Cindy homeless and starving on the streets isn't going to bring back Caylee, nor would it be what she would have wanted for her much loved CeCe and JoJo. They will be scrutinized, and that is fine. But let's try not to excoriate them for every move they make.

BBM
They could get jobs as long haul truck drivers. Cindy's got the mouth for it. :rocker:

Well, I'm not arguing whether or not the A's are accepting the bumpy road ahead. I'm asserting that they should be left alone and every step they make should not be criticized. Let them go to Home Depot. Let them go on a paid vacation. Let them go home. Let them go for a walk. Let them write a book, go on a morning talk show, without people trying to decipher their motives.

But, this is what CA plans to write about. There's no story if we all just IGNORE her. She would be just....well, devastated.

If everyone ignored her...who would buy the book?? jmo

snipped

Bold by me... so if you agree with this statement, regarding hecklers, then how can you pick on the A's?

CA broke the law by perjuring herself, I don't argue that. But we're talking about the A's going to Home Depot. Going on vacation.

:waitasec: I'm not sure how the right to express one's feelings within legal bounds is exclusive of picking on the A's whether they've broken laws or not...

Me bad, but I was thinking of a vacation I had in the Bahama's once........
Rained and stormed for 3 days, lost electric...........hot and miserable!
The pool had debris in it from the storms so we couldn't swim.
Same at the beach. No ice etc.
Sitting here in our heatwave comfy in my home,
I am beng very bad hoping their vacation in the Bhamas was like mine.
Imagine them together in a hotel room, sweating and at each other......
or is this a honeymoon???

I don't wish them a bad time, but I learned the hard way also. Don't take a vacation in the Caribbean during hurricane season. I took a cruise in 8 to 10 ft. seas. Everyone was green and sick. It was disgusting. No one ate, I think it was the first cruise everyone lost weight.

I agree. I don't know if I would have stayed inside, or eventually come outside to defend myself and my property. I've never been put in that position. I can imagine one would be driven to the point of high discomfort, though, with a ton of protestors outside.

Actually I feel there should be a law preventing people from "protesting" near people's homes. I know that flies in the face of the constitution and these people were not actually on the Anthony property...but I just think it's wrong. There are so many public places, social media outlets to voice opionion that I feel homes should be off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove