2011.07.22 George & Cindy Board Private Jet for Nassau Vacation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a difference between appearing on talk shows when people want to know your story, and being spotlight grabbers. Is Jaycee Dugard a spotlight grabber as well? Her mother? How about the parents of Elizabeth Smart? How would their appearances on the talk shows be any different than the A's?

Maybe because they tell the truth. jmo

Bold by me... I rest my case! I can't tell someone what they "should" be doing, where they "should" be going, to ignore hecklers. How about the hecklers leave them alone? Are the hecklers right, and the A's wrong?

For the sake of debate, I respect everyone's right to their own opinion. I'd personally never be a public heckler, not a person who'd shout them down in the streets. But I don't think it's wrong for people to hold others against their own personal moral standard and decide how they feel about them, and to share their feelings about that with others. All societies and cultures do that whether they like to admit it or not. It's a way of, as a group or society, deciding what behaviors the group or society will tolerate, and what they won't. Sometimes laws coincide with what, as a group, we do or don't accept as morally right behavior, sometimes the laws don't. Example: It's not against the law in our country to heckle soldiers families at funerals. But most of America agrees it's morally wrong and therefore, most of us morally shun those funeral hecklers. Some would jump on message boards to complain about it, others might take a more active (yet legal) stand.

Now when those like-minded people (who want to, as a group) morally shun a person/people/group (as in shun the funeral Hecklers, or shun the Anthonys) .... some view THAT behavior as unhealthy. But that behavior is the exact healthy behavior that shapes agreed upon morals in groups and societies. It has since the dawn of time. Harsh? Sometimes it is.

So I'd say, they Anthony's have a legal right in our country to go on with their lives, vacation, write their books, sue whoever they want, embrace Casey, etc, etc, etc. But short of vigilantism and harrassment of the illegal caliber, the rest of the country, as a group, has a moral right to be appalled by what we percieve as abrnormal, tacky, unethical, annoying, vile ...or just plain 'wrong' behavior, and discuss our disgust with said behavior. In fact it's healthy! Heck, we're just 'talking it out', like therapy.

I think some have the perspective that we should be TOLERANT of Casey and the Anthonys ... we don't know them, we haven't walked a mile in their shoes, etc. Why doesn't that wonderful tolerance extend to the rest of us? Why do *we* get judged for holding the A's behavior up to our own moral compass of scrutiny, societal scrutiny? Their behaviors have been put out in a public court of law. The rest of their behaviors, the Anthonys invited by opening their own mouths or allowing the lawyer to discuss it. If they put out books and interviews, they are inviting more.

Are the hecklers right? They have a right to feel the way they do. So long as they don't break the law, they should be allowed to express themselves in this country. Are the morally wrong? Maybe to some. To others, not so much.

Are the Anthonys wrong? Well, they can do what they like within the laws of our society ... but when they have their lawyer anounce their every move, like books, lawsuits, interviews, and travel plans ... well, as my kids' teachers like to say, "You get what you get, so don't pitch a fit!"

Bottom line, if some people feel like it's wrong to judge the A's, then by all means, they shouldn't judge the A's. But they should continue in their non-judgementalism, and not judge those who do judge the A's. IMOO! :twocents:

So if something makes it into the media, confrontation or otherwise, it's the A's fault? They're doing it wrong? It's not the heckler who's the villian, it's the A's?
Well first I am wrong re the incident with A's in the parking lot. It was not a heckler but the media. please see Lambchop's post.
If the A's want to be left alone and get on with their life as a private citizens, they have the power to do it. It might take some time, but it will happen.
But they do not want to fade away. They want to keep it alive, for thier own personal gain and beucase I beleive these two have serious personality issues.JMO

I think there's a difference between appearing on talk shows when people want to know your story, and being spotlight grabbers. Is Jaycee Dugard a spotlight grabber as well? Her mother? How about the parents of Elizabeth Smart? How would their appearances on the talk shows be any different than the A's?

They have never been caught brandishing hammers and changing their stories once a week for 3 years.

They don't want to be left alone! When they get back you will see them on all of the morning shows peddling the new foundation. Just wait.

Like I said if they are doing something to help people find their missing children, then I don't see any other way to get the word out. They have to let people know how they can help. They don't have the money the Humane Society or feed the hungry children foundations do to have commercials made. So they have to take what they can get, for now. Look at what Fred Goldman did, they had the right to sue O.J. but did Fred Goldman need a radio show or go on talk shows, or start a foundation for Ron?

They have never been caught brandishing hammers and changing their stories once a week for 3 years.

I don't know how holding a hammer at protestors in front of their house equates to a thirst to grab the spotlight right now, which is what we were discussing.

They didn't get on a stand and lie to save the murderer! Why should the public believe anything that comes out of their mouths? Why should they donate money to them when there are much more deserving ones out there? If I had the money I would buy a million of Jaycee's books. I won't by anything put out by <modsnip>

I don`t care at all if the Anthonys are on a vacation, they should just be left alone. And no matter how much money they might make, nothing will bring back Caylee and some people will hate them for the rest of their lives.

I don't agree that the A's have made themselves public figures. I know your argument is that they've started the foundation so they're now public figures. I don't see it that way. The A's were thrust into the spotlight. How they act in the spotlight.. we've seen them push and tug at protestors, scream and yell, answer questions from reporters that others may have ignored. Well, that's what they choose to do. I don't see how it's appropriate for anyone to suggest what they should be doing, where they should be going. Let them live.

What "in your face" mentality are you referring to?

Well for a few examples of many:

They made the talk show rounds insisting that their daughter was innocent. Yet George testified at the Grand Jury against his daughter. They questioned that the body found was that of their granddaughter, yet the DNA proved it was. And they accepted the body and cremated her. They made statements about Casey's actions in the earliest hours, and then changed their minds about what they said or thought. They accepted money for pictures of Caylee. They have been involved in a really questionable organization Kidfinders. Cindy laughed and told her private investigator that she gave LE the wrong hairbrush. Cindy lied on the stand and was impeached!

The Anthonys cannot ask in one breath to leave them alone, while on the other hand they are forming a foundation, and having their lawyer do press releases on their behalf. "In your face". If they want privacy go private. If you want exposure stay public. But then they can't complain about the type of feedback these people are getting.

I think some have the perspective that we should be TOLERANT of Casey and the Anthonys ... we don't know them, we haven't walked a mile in their shoes, etc. Why doesn't that wonderful tolerance extend to the rest of us? Why do *we* get judged for holding the A's behavior up to our own moral compass of scrutiny, societal scrutiny? Their behaviors have been put out in a public court of law. The rest of their behaviors, the Anthonys invited by opening their own mouths or allowing the lawyer to discuss it. If they put out books and interviews, they are inviting more.

Are the hecklers right? They have a right to feel the way they do. So long as they don't break the law, they should be allowed to express themselves in this country. Are the morally wrong? Maybe to some. To others, not so much.
:twocents:

snipped

Bold by me... so if you agree with this statement, regarding hecklers, then how can you pick on the A's?

CA broke the law by perjuring herself, I don't argue that. But we're talking about the A's going to Home Depot. Going on vacation.

I too, do not care if they are on vacation or that they have begun this new foundation. I don't know how they can even expect to receive any donations since they have proven themselves to be untrustworthy by past actions (lying in court, etc.). I don't begrudge them any ill will either as they have had their share of pain over the past three years. You'd have to be a robot not to. I do hope that they can find some normalcy in their days ahead. Life is short. I'm willing to give them the rest of their time together without my need to know what they are doing every minute. That's just me.

I don't know how holding a hammer at protestors in front of their house equates to a thirst to grab the spotlight right now, which is what we were discussing.

You asked the differance between them and kind, honest, victims.
Did any of those people run out of their house and push old lady's around ?
Dump dog water ? Hose people down? Flash hammers at people ?
Oh yeah and LIE, LIE, LIE, LIE ???

I don`t care at all if the Anthonys are on a vacation, they should just be left alone. And no matter how much money they might make, nothing will bring back Caylee and some people will hate them for the rest of their lives

Gladly count me in, I despise them......:twocents:

I think the point that was being made here is that all the A's had to do was to stay inside and eventually the protesters would go away (human nature...nothing going on here, why stay). The fact that they did come out and physically confronted protesters brought more attention to them and brought more protesters. Protesters are always spoiling for a fight. Advice from LE would be to stay inside, the protesters will get bored and leave but clearly the A's just did not listen.

Why did they do it? My guess it is easier to take your frustrations out on the mob outside the home than it is to confront your daughter with the truth inside the home. Those protesters gave the A's the ability to vent legally. jom

Well for a few examples of many:

They made the talk show rounds insisting that their daughter was innocent. Yet George testified at the Grand Jury against his daughter. They questioned that the body found was that of their granddaughter, yet the DNA proved it was. And they accepted the body and cremated her. They made statements about Casey's actions in the earliest hours, and then changed their minds about what they said or thought. They accepted money for pictures of Caylee. They have been involved in a really questionable organization Kidfinders. Cindy laughed and told her private investigator that she gave LE the wrong hairbrush. Cindy lied on the stand and was impeached!

The Anthonys cannot ask in one breath to leave them alone, while on the other hand they are forming a foundation, and having their lawyer do press releases on their behalf. "In your face". If they want privacy go private. If you want exposure stay public. But then they can't complain about the type of feedback these people are getting.

We definitely disagree on what "in your face" means. As far as asking people to leave them alone, then forming a foundation, sure they can! They're still private citizens!

This is how I see it: The Anthonys are choosing to move on. They have been mired in their grief for the past 3 years, and their emotions have run the gamut of the 7 Stages of Grief, often fluctuating wildly between them. They will never be able to turn back the clock and slip without fanfare into their old world, so they must forge a new one. Like it or not, they have become public figures whose every move is scrutinized (hence this and the voluminous pages of other threads). For the most part, I think they probably are unemployable, at least there in Orlando. If they got jobs, I can just see the posts stating they would boycott those businesses not to put a dime in their pockets. What employer in this downtrodden economy is going to want to take on the challenge of an employee with such baggage? With thousands clamoring for few jobs, I'm not seeing it.

So they are moving in another direction entirely. The establishment of foundations by people who have been known to play fast and loose with the truth warrants close scrutiny be paid to their financial transactions and records, not out of spite or malice, but because they have shown they are not savvy with finances. I am sure whomever is overseeing the case management of their disability claims knows to go over them with a fine-toothed comb and be on any errors or omissions like white on rice. I have not read enough of their foundations to form a legitimate opinion of them. But it is entirely possible that they intend to do good from them and still earn a decent living. Seeing George and Cindy homeless and starving on the streets isn't going to bring back Caylee, nor would it be what she would have wanted for her much loved CeCe and JoJo. They will be scrutinized, and that is fine. But let's try not to excoriate them for every move they make.

( respectfully snipped)

Are the Anthonys wrong? Well, they can do what they like within the laws of our society ... but when they have their lawyer anounce their every move, like books, lawsuits, interviews, and travel plans ... well, as my kids' teachers like to say, "You get what you get, so don't pitch a fit!"

Bottom line, if some people feel like it's wrong to judge the A's, then by all means, they shouldn't judge the A's. But they should continue in their non-judgementalism, and not judge those who do judge the A's. IMOO! :twocents:

Why don't we put the blame where the blame should be, if Casey had called 911 on the 16th of June, even if her father was there, she had no problem mouthing off at them on the 15th of June so she couldn't say up yours dad I'm calling 911. Her parents wouldn't be in the position they are in. We wouldn't be talking about what we think is right or wrong. The right thing to do is report you child hurt or missing right away.

I think the point that was being made here is that all the A's had to do was to stay inside and eventually the protesters would go away (human nature...nothing going on here, why stay). The fact that they did come out and physically confronted protesters brought more attention to them and brought more protesters. Protesters are always spoiling for a fight. Advice from LE would be to stay inside, the protesters will get bored and leave but clearly the A's just did not listen.

Why did they do it? My guess it is easier to take your frustrations out on the mob outside the home than it is to confront your daughter with the truth inside the home. Those protesters gave the A's the ability to vent legally. jom

I agree. I don't know if I would have stayed inside, or eventually come outside to defend myself and my property. I've never been put in that position. I can imagine one would be driven to the point of high discomfort, though, with a ton of protestors outside.

All of the people mentioned in the above post are honorable, honest, thankful and sincere. You can not use any of those adjectives to describe the Anthonys.

You asked the differance between them and kind, honest, victims.
Did any of those people run out of their house and push old lady's around ?
Dump dog water ? Hose people down? Flash hammers at people ?
Oh yeah and LIE, LIE, LIE, LIE ???

It's a unique situation when you have a pile of screaming protestors outside your house, pushing your buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove