2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to link to the stats on that?

I don't have a link; sure I could find one if I tried, but I have heard exactly the same thing over and over on news shows by lawyers - first time offenders are usually not sentenced to jail time but a given a suspended sentence and if they repeat that is a different story.

KC was definitely treated differently as far as that went. But the murder charges - she was not. There is no bail in Florida for first degree murder - so that was that.

Truth can't be ignored because more than likely she killed her daughter, imo.

I don't have a link; sure I could find one if I tried, but I have heard exactly the same thing over and over on news shows by lawyers - first time offenders are usually not sentenced to jail time but a given a suspended sentence and if they repeat that is a different story.

KC was definitely treated differently as far as that went. But the murder charges - she was not. There is no bail in Florida for first degree murder - so that was that.

Truth can't be ignored because more than likely she killed her daughter, imo.

First time offenders of WHAT kind of charges? A distinction needs to be made. Yes, this applies to misdemeanors. I don't think it applies to felonies. I can't believe people think that felons shouldn't serve either jail time or at least probation. There is no slap on the wrist for felons. Casey was convicted of six FELONY check charges. She should at least serve, outside of jail, probation for that. Maybe that is what is wrong with the world today! Apparently felonies shouldn't matter and should be treated like misdemeanors!

What gets to the depth of my soul is that on the day of the check fraud hearing with everyone fully aware of when probation was to start, why the heck didn't Baez say something to the court when the probation officer showed up to start the probation interview with Casey?

I just can't wrap my brain around this one at all! :furious:

Are you seriously asking that question???? :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: Asking that question about Mr. Always Above Board Baez? C'mon!!!

The picture was of Caylee, who can't look into her heart now. Or is this Casey we're talking about? That wasn't a picture of Casey as a child. That was Caylee. I am so confused by this conversation, lol.

I said "Yes, she was" (Caylee being a pretty little girl).....but, her "mother" (KC) needs to stop looking in the mirror and more to her heart.

What we need to find is an article or video by MSM stating Casey is serving probation in jail per Defense claiming this in court today.

Here is one article mentioning the probation from right after the check fraud hearing...
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_amy-huizenga-caylee-marie-probation-officer

snipped

"
A probation officer will soon visit her at the jail to explain the conditions of her probation and what to do if she is released from jail, said Gretl Plessinger, spokeswoman for the Department of Corrections.
The probation officer may take a photo of her during the visit for the Web site, Plessinger said. Afterward, the probation officer will check on Anthony's status at the jail regularly.
"She's in jail, so we know where she is," Plessinger said. "She is not out in the community like our other offenders."
He sentenced Anthony to time served — 412 days she has already been jailed — and one year of probation. He also ordered her to pay the court and investigative costs associated with the check-fraud case.

pixel.gif

The state's Web site also offers another detail about Anthony's check-fraud punishment: Her probation is scheduled to end Jan. 24, 2011."

So it seems it was on the DOC site? Doh!

There is a good report out from the Sentinel on today's hearing...

Judge doesn't rule on Casey Anthony's probation issue, calls it 'a mess'

When asked by Perry whether the defense knew about the probation being served in jail, Fryer did confirm that the defense knew early on that Casey Anthony was serving probation in jail. However, she said she did not think it was the defense's burden to notify the court about that.

Meanwhile, Assistant State Attorney Frank George told Perry he only recently learned probation had been applied during her jail stay, when Strickland again expressed his original intent with amended language.

In reality, though, Anthony did little to meet the requirements of supervised probation because she was in jail.

Perry read over the transcript from Strickland's sentencing, and confirmed the judge said probation would begin after she was released from jail.

Perry also noted that Strickland made that sentence long before he recused himself from the murder case.

Perry asked Fryer what obligation did Baez have to notify the court that Anthony's probation started and that it contradicted Strickland's order.

More at link...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-probation-decision-20110805,0,4130840.story

If it was misdemeanor charges, this wouldn't be an issue. I've NEVER heard of some being convicted of ONE felony charge much less SIX and not serve any jail time. Casey was treated like her charges were all misdemeanors, and that is not right. And I don't like being called a hater because I disagree with the verdict. That is unfairly characterizing those who wanted justice for a murdered little girl.

Yes, that's like calling everyone who supports the verdict or the DT and the Felon "Baby-killer Lovers".

Casey might have been given strictly probation on the check charges but she had already served the time because of not making bail. And once in jail they allowed her to use the time she served. This case was dragged out 2 years..... 2 years because Baez did not want Casey to have a record before going to trial for the murder charge. So in this regard Casey and her Attorney decided that her sitting in jail was better than admitting guilt for 2 years, or pleading out. It was only when it came to a dead end road that Casey plead guilty so that there would be no trial.

That was Casey's doing and her Attorney. She might have gotten time served of 10 days after making bail. Or a month. Instead they dragged it out and out and out and refused to let this go to trial in a timely way in which her sentence might have been different.

seems to me I remember long time ago....crazy cindy talking about FCA doing probation and had a letter saying it was already completed....anyone else recall?

I can see JB calling cindy anthony to the stand....lol

Oh Lord, don't tell me they are lining up "experts" to tell us why an alleged incest victim can't serve probation. Maybe another 15 lawyers can fly to FL to help FCA out. Pro Bono, of course.

Finally Casey Jordon just addressed my question. The letter was addressed to Ms. Casey, not Ms. Anthony.

Here is a link:

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/defendant-rights/suspended-jail-sentence.htm

Scroll down to the bottom and it speaks of first offenders and how they are likely to get parole.

HOWEVER, having said that, Law Enforcement were looking for a child and getting no help from the mother and I believe they were trying to get her to speak with them by putting her in jail for whatever they could.

Florida is tough and I was sure she would be convicted but it didn't happen. And that is awful.

Now you look at the Haleigh Cummings case and the girlfriend got 25 years for selling prescription drugs - albeit this is drugs, but I think the judge, the detectives and everyone involved were really talking to her about the death of Haleigh. They don't mess around in Florida. And they have some incredible detectives e.g. Allen and Melich but sometimes one can do everything possible and it does not work.

That is not to say we won't see KC reoffend. I would bet money, she will.

IMO, this is a very mature and insightful post. It's also good advice for KC.

But......I think we'll see her again.

And don't we all just want to move on...as angry as we all can get over this whole case we do want to move on. The problem is this family still is trying to make money off of the death of this child, both Mom and the Grandparents and that is what keeps us tied to the case. It is against nature's law to kill your child. If you believe in a God, it's against your religious beliefs to kill your child. And yet, here we are with this family doing exactly what normal people feel is an outrage to use the tragic death of your child as a means to make money. Their very actions in and of itself precludes us from believing that this was ever an accident. Does not matter what the jury has ruled as we had our eyes open a long time ago by doing the exact thing the jury didn't. Paying attention and reading and viewing the evidence the State provided. We did not get paid by the State of Florida by we did have enough interest to consider, debate and conclude all the views which were presented here.

If anything should happen to Ms. Anthony, God forbid, I would blame her team. Shopping in NYC for the best deal for KC does not show KC has learned anything from her time spent in prison. You sleep with dogs...you get up with fleas and she's already scratching. Let's hope she comes to her senses. She's already been given enough luck to last her a lifetime. Will she continue to gamble, probably, but the luck is always on the side of the house. This is another hallway in her life and I'm guessing she'll try to make it all the way to the end. jmo

I said "Yes, she was" (Caylee being a pretty little girl).....but, her "mother" (KC) needs to stop looking in the mirror and more to her heart.

Baznme,

You are speaking about a sociopath - do you really expect this from her?

I am following this on my blackberry so can't check the visitor log posted, but has anybody found the visit by the PO? If it helps, the supervisor stated today that the visit was on Feb 2, 2010.

I found a Natilia Lewis for that date.
Interview
LEWIS NATILIA 2/2/2010 09:23:58 2/2/2010 10:13:51 INTERVIEW

I also found this entry. Amusing me to no end.
BAEZ JOSE ANGEL 7/2/2010 19:32:06 7/2/2010 20:37:35 JAIL MINISTRIES

Look....... It is against our TOS to talk about other posters as Casey Haters..... So please clarify such statements as to who you are talking about or leave that language out of the discussion all together.

I have addressed this matter. We are not going to keep going back and forth about it. Let it drop. We don't call names here and we don't argue with other posters. A moderator has handled this so discuss the Hearing and lets not get personal in our posts.

Thanks.

First time offenders of WHAT kind of charges? A distinction needs to be made. Yes, this applies to misdemeanors. I don't think it applies to felonies. I can't believe people think that felons shouldn't serve either jail time or at least probation. There is no slap on the wrist for felons. Casey was convicted of six FELONY check charges. She should at least serve, outside of jail, probation for that. Maybe that is what is wrong with the world today! Apparently felonies shouldn't matter and should be treated like misdemeanors!

Aedrys,

Hi, here is Hornsby site: http://www.richardhornsby.com/criminal/first-time-offender.html

If KC had not been a suspect in her daughter's death, in all likelihood, she would have pled the charges down - meaning admitted what she had done, make restitution (and Cindy would have paid it) and she would have more than likely gotten probation. BUT SHE IS A MURDER suspect or was and so lets get her back to jail and see what happens when she is locked up for a while - unfortuantely, nothing.

Oh dear - I hope you didn't think I was "getting at you" - not at all - agreeing with you - I think it many cases it's appropriate! :great:

Just added in this case - don't think so and was asking if you agreed is all....

Darn, you guys confuse me. I didn't think you were 'getting at me', but now I wonder since you brought it up. Kidding.

I really hate that no one can read my wonderfully vibrant, hilarious, silly, outspoken, sweet, beautiful, sarcastic, opinionated, colorful, brilliant, astonishing personality without all this font getting in the way.
(Only part of the modifiers above are true.)

I only posted the probation 'definition' for those who think she has served her time. I don't think she has, especially if J.S.Strickland said it would be served afterward.
It really didn't have any deeper meaning than my personal opinion that probation is never served in jail/prison. I believe it should be served on your own time.

Do we even know what her probation officer's name is?

Snipped: Thanks to Americka for this:

Americka
user_offline.gif

falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

Telephonic interview

Susan Finnigan: Florida Dept of Correction/ Probation Supervisor

Recvd CFCA's case on Jan 25, 2010

Case was entered into the database and assigned a probation officer

Intake supervisor Angie Ferrell entered notes on the 26th

Assigned to a new officer

located the offender in the Orange County Jail

Assigned to Natalie Lewis

Finnigan was aware of CFCA's other cases

Lewis instructed her on the orders of probation and completed an intake package; instructed on special conditions including no contact with AH

Case was monitored after that; checked to make sure she remained in Orange County Jail

Did a residence check every month as well as records check. Made sure there were no new charges nor issues while in jail - CFCA did not reoffend while in jail
IIRC, Natalie Lewis is on that visitation sheet.

Looks like a win win to me as well. It would also serve notice to attorneys that if you as an officer of the court see something going through the cracks, you'd better step up to your professed professionalism and say something. Oh, how I hope this opens up a whole nuther can...

Am I missing something? I was watching and heard JP say that she wasn't in jail serving time. She was being held pending charges/trial. So don't tell me that the procecution/state didn't know that she was on probation, and serving it at the time she was held. The procecutors/state were watching every move she made and taped all conversations and visitations. If they didn't know that the probation officer was involved then the Florida system is totally inadequate. I think that if this was another person and case, this topic wouldn't even be visited. They would be out and free and not on probation. The judges, law, in Florida need to quit using the tax payers money on this sort of thing. Maybe they are rolling in the doe.
It is very evident what is going on here. She was found "Not Guilty", but I beleive that she is not innocent, but let this all die down. Maybe it is just me but enough is enough. They should move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela