2015.11.30 IRS Tax Lien Form 1040 for the year ending 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This may be the tip of the iceberg. This for year ending 2013. What about 2014? Plus, what he will owe for 2015. There may be other debt, as well.

Not sure where to post this but a federal tax lien was recorded on 11/30/15. The document itself is not viewable on the Lee County Clerk's site. However, it appears there are financial difficulties which would be expected since the primary source of income ceased to exist.

Instrument # PreviousPrev 2015000255699 NextNext
Document Type: (LI) Lien
Modified Date: 11/30/2015 1:04:47 PM
Record Date : 11/30/2015 1:04:41 PM
Grantor: DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
Grantee: SIEVERS MARK D
SIEVERS TERESA A
Book Type: O
# of Pages: 1
Legal: IRS-NOTICE OF FEDERAL TAX LIEN
Ref# 610681

http://apps.leeclerk.org/OR/ShowDetails.aspx?id=14275030&direct=1

Whoa. WHOA. This is huge. HUGE. Great find, Rivers!

It takes awhile to reach lien filing, demand had to have been made long ago and clearly unable to be paid. Also, where there's a tax debt for 2013 you can bet 2014 couldn't have been paid either. Recipe for financial disaster and since MS handled the finances he knew it. I'm guessing poor TS had no idea the house of cards MS built was swaying.

Back in the day I worked at a collection agency for 8 years. I knew bankruptcy law pretty well as it pertained to medical debt and child support. (and someone mentioned it has changed) I'm not familiar with student loans. Not sure what year they are considered income...maybe they aren't considered income until they come due if she had them deferred? I just know the government wants it's money...and child support and student loans are not on the list of debts they let you bankrupt...in case of death...it seems like her estate would still owe it. (big ole fat JMO)

NewsPress says that Lee Hollander is MS Attorney. I can't copy article. Maybe someone else can.

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/2015/12/01/irs-files-lien-sievers-bonita-springs-home/76603538/
IRS files lien on Sievers' Bonita Springs home

The IRS placed a $32,833.24 lien on the Jarvis Road home of Mark and Teresa Sievers on Monday, charging that the couple did not pay that amount in income taxes for 2013.

The home was the site of the homicide of Teresa Sievers, a popular Estero physician who was found bludgeoned to death on June 29.

The Internal Revenue Service's Notice of Federal Tax Lien was prepared in Baltimore on Nov. 12 and filed with the Lee County Court's shortly after 1 p.m. Monday.

The notice lists the type of tax at issue as 1040, denoting personal income tax, and was for the period ending on Dec. 31, 2013.

Mark Sievers was not available for comment. His lawyer, Attorney Lee Hollander, declined to comment on the tax issue.

However, he did comment on his client's current situation.

"Mr. Sievers is still grieving and trying to cope with raising 2 kids on his own," the Naples attorney said. Hollander is representing Mark Sievers along with partner Attorney Yale T. Feeman.

A section of the notice states: "As provided be sections 6321, 6322 and 6323 of the Internal Revenue Code, we are giving a notice that taxes (including interest and penalties) have been assessed against the following-named taxpayer. We have made a demand for payment of this liability, but it remains unpaid. Therefore, there is a lien in favor of the United States on all property and rights to property belonging to this taxpayer for the amount of these taxes, and additional penalties, interest and costs that may accrue."

Wright was arraigned on Monday and both sides in his case are now in the discovery phase.

It takes a while for the irs to lien your property or accounts. It takes months of not paying nothing nor working out a payment plan.

So maybe this was part of the financial ruins that were building before TS was killed. And it was suppose to be paid with the life insurance policy.

So maybe he had financial motives to have her killed in order to keep living the lifestyle and without her finding out that he was robbing her finances blind. Idk.

"A federal tax lien is a legal claim to your property, including property that you acquire after the lien arises. The federal tax lien arises automatically when you fail to pay in full the taxes you owe within ten days after we make an assessment of the tax and send the first notice of taxes owed and demand for payment."

According to the IRS code, the lien starts 10 days after none payment

Maybe it's income from the sale of property...that they owe taxes on....I'm trying to think of big ticket items. (maybe they sold the property, used the money for school and never paid taxes on it...ok I'm gonna stop thinking about this...it's making my brain hurt....poor Teresa)

The lien is for tax year 2013 tax form 1040, which is their personal tax return, not business.

Exactly, since the business was LLC it's reported through the personal tax form aka 1040. My husband has an LLC and it runs through our personal tax return with basically the bottom line net profit added to our income to figure into the calculation of overall tax due.

"A federal tax lien is a legal claim to your property, including property that you acquire after the lien arises. The federal tax lien arises automatically when you fail to pay in full the taxes you owe within ten days after we make an assessment of the tax and send the first notice of taxes owed and demand for payment."

Yes, but even with the IRS legally nothing is enforceable until they officially file a lien (like the one filed late yesterday). Today if he found a buyer for the residence the IRS would get their $32K+ first (after the mortgage holder was paid in full.) That said, I am about 99.9% sure there wouldn't be $32K in equity left over. In fact, I would bet my life they are upside down on that mortgage and would not be surprised in the least to find 2nd and/or 3rd holders where they had taken our equity loans.

I think once the feds took all computers and ran them; They found plenty of financial information. Then they may have had the irs cross reference some things against the 2013/ 2014 filing period which could have red flagged the irs to move fairly quickly on the lien process.

Now Teresa has been a doctor for years and I think this is the first year ever that the irs was fixing to aggressively collect.

So maybe the money grabbing via Curtis and or Mark started in the year of 2013. Idk.
BBM

I think you nailed the final events leading to the lien Dex. It does seem likely that the money grabbing started in 2013. I forget now when CWW started working for them.

I wonder if the IRS had started contacting the Sievers even before the murder. If we consider the tax problems to be a possible motive, I wonder when MS began to feel threatened enough to possibly plot murder. This brings me back to the idea that Teresa found out that something was going on in the background of the practice and was planning to reveal it and divorce him. For a while we thought it might be a drug scheme. Now I'm thinking that it may be as "simple" as tax fraud. If CWW was involved, she would have brought him down too. If he wasn't involved, he could have been protecting his best buddy from ruin and disgrace.

So realistically, did MS really think that getting rid of Teresa would be the easy answer (cheaper than divorce and more lucrative)? If he could have collected her life insurance, plus the go fund me, he could have easily paid the $32,000+ and started over pretty comfortably, without having to get a real job. If he truly was foiled in this plan by good police work and stupid friends, he must be fuming.

All I can think of though...those poor little girls. :(

Whoa. WHOA. This is huge. HUGE. Great find, Rivers!

It takes awhile to reach lien filing, demand had to have been made long ago and clearly unable to be paid. Also, where there's a tax debt for 2013 you can bet 2014 couldn't have been paid either. Recipe for financial disaster and since MS handled the finances he knew it. I'm guessing poor TS had no idea the house of cards MS built was swaying.

Re the BBM:

Same here. I bet Teresa didn't have a darn clue. She had delegated those responsibilities to her husband. Mark had two duties - manage the office and home finances and take care of the kids while she was at work. I truly believe that Teresa totally trusted that he was doing that. He was her husband, FGS. Why wouldn't she trust him? As reported to us, she hated the accounting/bookkeeping end of things and wanted to focus on her passion - holistic medicine. I doubt she even checked the mail. She trusted that her husband would take care of these things. Yes, she may have been irritated and wondering why they were always so financially strapped considering she was working her butt off but I'm confident she never suspected that her husband and father of their children would allow things to escalate to this point.

I think we are beginning to see at least one motive and suspect there is a lot more to come.

Beach: "I think we are beginning to see at least one motive and suspect there is a lot more to come."

You are oh so right on this.

What a crying dang shame! I want to use other "slang" here but better not.

Not sure where to post this but a federal tax lien was recorded on 11/30/15. The document itself is not viewable on the Lee County Clerk's site. However, it appears there are financial difficulties which would be expected since the primary source of income ceased to exist.

Instrument # PreviousPrev 2015000255699 NextNext
Document Type: (LI) Lien
Modified Date: 11/30/2015 1:04:47 PM
Record Date : 11/30/2015 1:04:41 PM
Grantor: DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
Grantee: SIEVERS MARK D
SIEVERS TERESA A
Book Type: O
# of Pages: 1
Legal: IRS-NOTICE OF FEDERAL TAX LIEN
Ref# 610681

http://apps.leeclerk.org/OR/ShowDetails.aspx?id=14275030&direct=1

Rivers, just wanted to thank you again for your find! Great discovery and - you beat the NEWS-PRESS (broke story at 11:18am today) and the Naples Daily News (broke at 12:37pm today)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheese and wine on me today!!

-Nin

no new information, but i like to read every source on a subject, so here is a snippet from another one:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...8c-334d-271d-e053-0100007f5f32-359606071.html

MARK SIEVERS FACES $32K TAX LIEN FROM IRS

The husband of slain Bonita Springs doctor Teresa Sievers faces an unpaid tax bill of about $32,800, resulting in a lien on his home, according to a lien filed in Lee County court.

The lien shows Mark and Teresa Sievers owe the IRS for unpaid taxes assessed in 2013. The taxes, which relate to the transfer of property, were assessed well before Teresa Sievers' death in late June, when she was found bludgeoned to death in her home.

The IRS issued the lien notice on Nov. 12, and it was filed in Lee County on Monday.

They offer payment plans way before a lien is even thought about persuing. Since the lien just went into effect. This means that mark had the chance to make it right since 2014. So 10 days isn't nowhere near the norm and it wasn't used in this case either. Since it's been close to 2 years of the end of 2013.

I wonder why 2014 isn't mentioned. Did they only provide fraudulent information for 2013 which has just recently been discovered and adjusted to warrant an immediate lien. Idk

They offer payment plans way before a lien is even thought about persuing. Since the lien just went into effect. This means that mark had the chance to make it right since 2014. So 10 days isn't nowhere near the norm and it wasn't used in this case either. Since it's been close to 2 years of the end of 2013.

I wonder why 2014 isn't mentioned. Did they only provide fraudulent information for 2013 which has just recently been discovered and adjusted to warrant an immediate lien. Idk

Maybe he filed an extension...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ughhh...let me start out by saying that I am completely guilty of getting more than ticked at my spouse on occasion, but this newest development has hit a real nerve for me... from what I know, every neighbor that resides in close proximity to the Sievers' home reported verbal arguing to LE...with sadness, today I feel this may have been the reason.

Please remove if this is not appropriate, but it is something that all of a sudden seems so clear to me. My stomach is turning. I think TS found out :(

Ughhh...let me start out by saying that I am completely guilty of getting more than ticked at my spouse on occasion, but this newest development has hit a real nerve for me... from what I know, every neighbor that resides in close proximity to the Sievers' home reported verbal arguing to LE...with sadness, today I feel this may have been the reason.

Please remove if this is not appropriate, but it is something that all of a sudden seems so clear to me. My stomach is turning. I think TS found out :(

Well, We've all heard this story before, it's a classic dateline theme, right! I guess
if CWW didn't get caught, MS was willing to live with the speculation.

MARK SIEVERS FACES $32K TAX LIEN FROM IRS

The lien shows Mark and Teresa Sievers owe the IRS for unpaid taxes assessed in 2013. The taxes, which relate to the transfer of property, were assessed well before Teresa Sievers' death in late June, when she was found bludgeoned to death in her home.
cough ( hey my rusty intuitive skills are still working, sort of ) cough

Skinner said he adored his kids. So maybe he should let them stay with family until this blows over. Now if he is verbally yelling loud enough and the kids are being home schooled; Then that is not good at all. The kids need normalcy for the holidays and airing his tax lien on the home in a news press is not good for the tension in the home. Jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back