2023 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tropical Storm Bret is gearing up to be a hurricane. Now to see if it goes up the eastern seaboard or into the GOM.

oh my..... Everybody is rumbling about Hurricane Season, this year. But I can tell that newcomers to Florida, don't quite understand the relavance of the el Nino's, nor the historical relavance of how early in June the storms are...

Almost a century has gone by since a storm last strengthened into a hurricane in the tropical Atlantic in June, according to Philip Klotzbach, a meteorologist at Colorado State University. The last such storm recorded was Trinidad in 1933, he tweeted.

oh my..... Everybody is rumbling about Hurricane Season, this year. But I can tell that newcomers to Florida, don't quite understand the relavance of the el Nino's, nor the historical relavance of how early in June the storms are...

Almost a century has gone by since a storm last strengthened into a hurricane in the tropical Atlantic in June, according to Philip Klotzbach, a meteorologist at Colorado State University. The last such storm recorded was Trinidad in 1933, he tweeted.
Lots of new people to FL and they have no idea the ripple effect of hurricane season.

Pretty much too late to get flood insurance. It’s always the water, not the wind.

Nobody will write a home owners insurance policy if there’s an active storm, which means you can’t close on a new home.

Now they have to wait until the end of August for the next sales tax holiday. By then half the stuff they’ll need will be gone. And, the price gouging begins…..

The first begins on Saturday, May 27, 2023, and ends on Friday, June 9, 2023.The second holiday period begins on Saturday, August 26, 2023, and ends on Friday, September 8, 2023.

Tropical Depression 3 is forecast to be at #hurricane strength in eastern Caribbean. 7 years since 1900 have had eastern Caribbean (10-20°N, 75-60°W) hurricanes in June-July: 1926, 1933, 1961, 1996, 2005, 2020 and 2021. All were above-normal seasons, with 6 of 7 being hyperactive.

With Bret on the map and another system with a 70% chance of developing into the year’s next storm trailing behind, the deep tropical Atlantic is already raging like it’s the height of hurricane season.

Doing well thank you! Trying not to melt down here in Sarasota! It has been so very dry, hot and the humidity is cranking up now.

I bet. It's super humid up here in Delaware. We had some tornado warnings last night and that is something that traditionally never used to happen here but it has been happening more and more lately. We also just went like 2 whole winters with probably 2 inches of snow combined (if that). I don't know if I want to blame it on global warming or if some kind of weird new pattern has taken hold.

Now, they're anticipating slightly above normal — and it's all because of warm waters in the Atlantic Ocean, which are ripe for the rapid intensification of storms.

Klotzbach is a senior research scientist at Colorado State University, one of the country's most highly regarded hurricane prediction centers. In late May his group predicted 15 named storms this season with seven of them being hurricanes, but because of the record warm waters in the Gulf and the Atlantic they updated those numbers last week to 18 named storms with nine hurricanes. Those numbers would make this year an above-average hurricane season.

A tropical disturbance in the Atlantic Ocean could develop this week.

The National Hurricane Center said it is monitoring a small area of low pressure located more than 500 miles east-northeast of Bermuda that continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms.

An area of low pressure in the central Atlantic Ocean dubbed Invest 94L is being monitored for tropical or subtropical development by the National Hurricane Center (NHC).

The NHC is giving Invest 94L a 60% chance of development over the next two days.

Fish spinner.............

For the first time this season, a hurricane has formed over the Atlantic Ocean. Late Saturday afternoon, Tropical Storm Don strengthened into a hurricane well away from any landmass.

Don, a Category 1 storm, is the fourth named storm of the 2023 Atlantic season.

Once the disturbance clears the bulk of the dust next week, however, the atmospheric pattern is forecast to become conducive for development, and a more organized circulation should be able to form. The National Hurricane Center rates its chances of becoming at least a tropical depression as high.

If top winds ever reach 40 mph or higher in the circulation, it will be named Emily

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Forensic1964
Back