4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, 2022 #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO this warrant has more to do with the county towing her vehicle when they were preparing to tow all the vehicles away from the house. The other cars were most likely all ready papered/registered to either other victims or the parents. Titles can be searched from license plates; however, KG's Range Rover title may have still been processing because her RR had no front license plate.
Good point! Potentially, that could be it. But the warrant covers a heck of a lot more than that:

a lot, lot, lot more. And so it's hard to imagine LE would need all of that information and have probable cause for a warrant just to get the car title worked out. It seems like a good explanation, but the words automobile and car are never used, either, and LE asked for all of the below, so I'm thinking that is not about the title or towing. ICBW. But I think it's about something else. IMO

Editing to add this, too, because I really wanted to consider whether this could be the simple explanation, but alas, I'm going with ixnay on the arcay. The article was written 12/28. The author states that the car was picked up the previous Thursday. That was 12/22. The car was towed on or about 12/1. The warrant was dated 12/22 but the receipt for warrant items requested was dated 1/4. The car was heck and gone by then. I don't see how this could be about the car or the car title.

Also, editing to add, it's hard to imagine why the Affidavit would need to be sealed for something like a car title. here's what the order says:
I.C.A.R. 32(i)(2)(A), the court finds it necessary to seal in part and redact the record related to the search warrant because the documents contain highly intimate facts or statements, the publication of which would be highly objectionable to a reasonable person.

And the motion, signed by the prosecutor's office, that it should be sealed because:
1. Interfere with enforcement proceedings;
2. Constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy,
3. Disclose the identity of a confidential source; and
4. Disclose investigative techniques and procedures

Here's what's requested:
include all records and documents (the terms “records” and “documents” mean any and all tangible forms of expression in your possession, custody, or control, in any language or format, and include, but are not limited to, writings, papers, and tape recordings,electronic video and audio recordings (e.g.video surveillance), microform, electromagnetic recordings, optical recordings, electronic files orrecords, photographs, drafis, finished versions, originals, end copies, however created, produced,
or stored. Video surveillance/images pertaining to account transactions (to include account
opening, deposit, withdrawals, etc.) are included with this request. Supporting information can
be provided to help identify surveillance video/images for some of the transactions) from
September 1, 2022 to present in the name or control of:

o Kaylee Jade Goncalves,
to include the following:
o All Open and Closed accounts: all records pertaining to the individuals(s) or business
entities identified in this letter whether held jointly or severally or as n'ustee or fiduciary
as well as custodian, executor or guardian, as well as any other entity in which these
individual(s) or entities may have a financial interest; includes all accounts in which these
individuals had signatory authority and/or the right of withdrawal; these records should
include:
I Sigrature cards;
o Statement Data/Monthly Account Statements;
o Identification of and name assigned on all Debit Cards on account;
I Deposits and supporting documentation including but not limited to evidence of
cash, cancelled deposited checks front and back, transfers from other accounts
including full account number and name, and other credit information.
o Checks and other withdrawals including but not limited to cancelled checks front
and back, withdrawals and offsets, evidence of cash withdrawals, transfers from
other accounts including account number and name, other debit information;
o Wire transfers in and out including wire transfer instructions and evidence of
requester if possible;
o Evidence of cash transactions and identifying information of individuals
conducting cash transactions;
o Identification of sender or recipient bank, full account number, and account name
on ACH transfers, online transfers, teller transfers, or other transfers;
o Electronic/Internet records: for those customers who engage in online banking with your
financial institution, the following information pertaining to that online banking account:
usemames or other identifying information for the account; e-mail addresses associated
with the account to include any and all of the above information for any secondary or
additional e-mail addresses and or user names identified by you as belonging to the
targeted account in this letter; historical access logs for authentication to the account
SEARCH WARRANT 2 including Internet Protocol (1P) addresses for this account and date, time and dm'ation of
each session;
0 Certificate of Deposit and Money Market Certificates: including applications, actual
instmment(s), records of purchases and redemptions, checks issued on redemption,
checks used to purchase certificates, any correspondence and any Forms 1099 issued,
records revealing the annual interest paid or accumulated, the dates of payment or date
interest is earned, and checks issued for interest payments;
o Credit Card records (e.g. MasterCard and Visa): including customer’s application,
signature card, credit or background investigations conducted, correSpondence, monthly
billing statements, individual charge invoices, repayment records, disclosing the date,
amounts and method of repayment, checks used to make repayments (front and back);
o Purchase of Bank Checks: purchases of bank checks, cashiers, teller, traveler’s check
records, 0r money order records, including the check register, file copies of the check or
money orders, records revealing the date and source of payment for said checks or money
orders;
o Correspondence: all records of correspondence/communication between the customer and
the financial institution relating to the above services or for any other purpose, including
customer service inquiries or requests for assistance;
o Safe Deposit Boxes: any and all information pertaining to safe deposit boxes held by
customer including safe deposit application, authorized signers, and access logs;
o Other records: all applications, forms, and other written documents completed by the
customer; records of certified checks, wire transfers, or collections, letter credit, bonds
and securities purchased through your financial institution, savings bond transaction and
investment accounts. Such records that disclose the date and amount of the transaction,
method (cash or check) and source of payment, instruments and statements of
transactions; all correspondence with the above individual(s) entities and/or with third
parties regarding the above individual(s)/entities; all memoranda, notes, files, or records
relating to meetings or conversations concerning the above individual(s)/entities;

Last edited:
The diverse skills, patience, dedication to the causes, and extraordinary mental agility of the sleuths on this site TOTALLY BEDAZZLE me. I learn so much from you. Thanks. Lots. And often.

The people posting just above you certainly seem to think so.

We have no WS-approved sources on this question (and the non-approved sources are all over the place).

So I'd say, we don't know. PCA says he was in the area of 1122 King at least 11 times. But there's no evidence of prior interactions. Being in the neighborhood would be a "connection" to me, but that's not a word we probably all agree on ("connection"). It gets pretty loose when we go to "connections" IMO.

An interaction in the real world, to me, means face-to-face. There's NO evidence of that, so far, that I know of. Someone will correct me if there are MSM or other approved sources.

IMO.
Maybe it's more not ruling out that they could have interacted directly or online than assuming they did (or didn't). Like you said we simply don't know. I would expect that LE thoroughly investigated that possibility (and maybe they still are), but I don't think they'd share their findings with the media even if there wasn't a gag order. Not yet. All MOO.

Oh, and thank you. I thought about not sharing it, but I decided that these might be things others hadn't noticed, and it might also be that some were thinking about it, too.
This was an amazing read, thank you. I’ve come to a few possible conclusions but being that I’m nowhere near your level, I’m hoping you could speak to in generalities what you think this all might mean?

Oh, and thank you. I thought about not sharing it, but I decided that these might be things others hadn't noticed, and it might also be that some were thinking about it, too.

I, for one, am so glad you posted it. I've believed you were onto something from way back when you initially posted the details of the financial and SM warrants, many threads ago. I still believe it (as you know) and hope you'll continue dissecting these as more information becomes available.

I thought the PH was now starting 6/30. Where are you seeing it's in Reno and back to 6/26?
COURT EVENTS
Event Date and TimeJun 30, 2023 09:00 AM MDT
Event StatusScheduled
Event TypePreliminary Hearing
Event Location
Latah County Courthouse
522 S. Adams
Room Courtroom 1
Moscow, ID 83843
(208) 883-2255
Event Date and TimeMay 25, 2023 10:00 AM MDT
Event StatusScheduled
Event TypeMotion Hearing
Event Location
Latah County Courthouse
522 S. Adams
Room Courtroom 1
Moscow, ID 83843
(208) 883-2255
Event Date and TimeJan 12, 2023 08:00 AM MST
Event StatusScheduled
Event TypeStatus Conference
Event Location
Latah County Courthouse
522 S. Adams
Room Courtroom 1
Moscow, ID 83843
(208) 883-2255

Just had a thought but how would it affect this case if it came to light that BK had some form of real life connection / interactions with any of the victims or surviving victims or he was a known visitor to the house at any point?

Is it possible he could have?
IMO, it might affect witnesses. But the bottom line of murder charges wouldn't change.

Thanks everyone for keeping the discussion going! It's good to read when I can.:)

PRELIMINARY HEARING NOW SET FOR 26 JUNE 2023 THROUGH 30 JUNE 2023/Reno, NV

WHY is the hearing in Reno? Is that because of BF ?

katydid, posting something this important without supplying a link so we may read the details will prompt a request for the source. TIA :)

Will BF be the only witness called at the Prelim in Reno? If so, that's a long time to be on the witness stand. What could she have to offer that may take five days to explain? Does your source state whether or not AT will be present in Reno for the Defense? TIA :)

I suspect the financial records requests were looking for unusual sources of income <modsnip>. If any of this were present, possible POI's could be elicited. <modsnip>

It also would not surprise me if LE wanted to find out if any victim or survivor had purchased a KaBar knife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had anyone said what the interior house lighting conditions were at that hour? If I peeked out my bedroom door into a hallway that had no lights on at that hour, I’m not sure I could describe someone walking by me, and probably any clothing would appear dark. Were hallways lit to a degree from a distant light, like a nightlight in the hall, or perhaps someone left a kitchen light on that may have provided some sort of subtle light, or some other light source that may have provided some small glow?
Not sure we can definitively say about the interior, but your question made me think of the police body cam footage of Xana (from one of the noise complaints months prior) because it REALLY bothered me how little exterior lighting there was back when I had initially watched it!

From what I can tell upon rewatching it, there appears to be a light on inside each of the windows within the officer’s POV as he walks up to the property and made his way around it in search of the offending music (the porch) before inevitably heading back towards the front to speak with Xana at the door. The flashlights of both responding officers remain on even then.

This citation occurred around 12:30AM with Xana, being the only roommate home (“there’s like no one in there”) at the time, telling the officer she had been about to head to bed. Whether that was true or not is anyone’s guess as we can obviously see as well as hear from her directly that she had friends over and other vehicles can be seen alongside Ethan’s jeep in the driveway. I only bring up her being the only roommate home and her claim to have been heading to bed because when I was in my early 20s living with roommates we would always leave a lot of the lights on so that no one had to come home in the dark. The last one in would then go about switching the majority of them off. On the flip side, I had a friend whose place I’d sometimes stay at which would be pitch dark whenever we’d turn in for the night. She and her roommates were perfectly content with navigating and/or fumbling around in the dark (and not locking doors…) so it could really go either way depending on the group.

Now, IF on the night of the murders the interior lights were at a minimum (if not completely off) due to the most-would-probably-be-sleeping hour then the lack of exterior lighting would likely have rendered the interior of the house even darker.

Just my observations and opinions.

Last edited:
Just spitballing here, and so speculation/IMOO: the sealed warrants (and perhaps some of those with redacted information) could be related to the Brady-Giglio issue/internal affairs (IA) investigation discussed in the media a month or so ago.

Prosecutors disclose internal affairs investigation of officer involved in Idaho college murders case

"Nationwide, some prosecutors and law enforcement agencies keep "Brady Lists" of officers who can be excluded from testimony or investigations for reasons that could deem them untrustworthy.

Idaho keeps a statewide record database for police, corrections and other law enforcement officers who have been decertified under the Brady/Giglio rulings, maintained by the Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training division. These infractions can range from lying, code of ethics violations, inappropriate relationships and misdemeanor and felony convictions. Since 2015, there have been 396 officers placed on the list, according to the online database."

Acknowledging the LEO who is the subject of the IA may be being investigated for an unrelated case and they may end up being cleared, but they could also be being investigated for this case and be deemed untrustworthy.

Perhaps these tandem investigations (IA and the investigation of the 4 murders) had some interlocking parts and pieces that LE did not know about at first, and now they know and they are still being sorted out.

JMO. Time will tell...

Just had a thought but how would it affect this case if it came to light that BK had some form of real life connection / interactions with any of the victims or surviving victims or he was a known visitor to the house at any point?

Is it possible he could have?
It has come up or been speculated about in various ways. IMO, I think it's highly probable that he had some kind of interaction with one or more of the victims and / or the surviving roommates.

If he began visiting the vicinity of the King Road residence as early as June or July (and at least 11 times), per the cell phone records described in the PCA, he probably had a reason to be in the area that is unrelated to the later crime. It could be something that doesn't link him directly to the King Road residents -- maybe something as parasocial as being acquainted with one of their neighbors, or attending a party in the area. We know that Moscow and Pullman are very proximate and there is significant community overlap -- he might have even just decided to drive around the area or visit stores there before ever encountering the victims in any way (IRL or online). I say all of this because I think that whatever initially brought him to Moscow is unrelated to the crime; however, whatever he was doing might have exposed him / introduced him to the victims.

IMO, it does not make sense to me that he began scoping for victims or stalking the residence at random as soon as he moved to Pullman. Following that logic, he probably had a good reason to be in Moscow as soon as moving to Pullman to attend school at WSU. Somewhere during that time it's also likely that he encountered the victims or surviving roommates in some way (as others have mentioned, this could have been via social media, one-sided, or a casual in person encounter that led him to find their social media. The possibilities are endless and unknown as of right now).

BBM

FIRST ON FOX: An Idaho judge has scheduled a new hearing on a court-ordered gag order in the ongoing murder case against Bryan Kohberger, the 28-year-old criminology Ph.D. student accused of attacking four undergrads in their sleep on an early Saturday morning in November.

The court set a motion hearing over the weekend for May 25, roughly a month before the Pennsylvania native is due in the Latah County Courthouse for a preliminary hearing, in which his defense is expected to challenge the evidence against him.

"That is the date for the court to address my motion on the gag order," Shanon Gray, the attorney for Steve and Kristie Goncalves, told Fox News Digital Monday.

katydid, posting something this important without supplying a link so we may read the details will prompt a request for the source. TIA :)

Will BF be the only witness called at the Prelim in Reno? If so, that's a long time to be on the witness stand. What could she have to offer that may take five days to explain? Does your source state whether or not AT will be present in Reno for the Defense? TIA :)
The court documents also revealed Funke’s interview with Kohberger’s team will take place “in lieu” of providing testimony during the 28-year-old quadruple murder suspect’s preliminary hearing in two months.

“The basis for this stipulation is that BETHANY GRACE FUNKE, through her attorney, has agreed to an interview with Idaho defense counsel in Reno, Nevada, in lieu of proceeding forward with the subpoena for Preliminary Hearing now set June 26 through June 30, 2023,” the court documents, dated Wednesday, April 26, read.

OKAY, SO I GOT CONFUSED WITH THE WORDING---NEVERMIND.....:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members