4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But still strange that he had that flashlight on him at his parents' house. Makes me think that he may have been attempting to "be prepared" in case LE came from him. My darker thoughts make me wonder if he was staking out another person in PA.

Regardless, "Defiant" is a hell of a name for the flashlight he had on his person at that late hour. As a writer, that just floors me. Couldn't have written that. What a crazy detail.
That brand of flashlight has a UV model that can be used to highlight body fluids. Apparently you need chemicals to make blood show up.

JMO

Is that what Entin says? Killer-groupies? But BK has not been trialed yet nor found guilty.
I consider the word killer premature. BK is merely the accused.

I haven't seen any "pro-Khoberger" groupies, but I have seen some individuals convinced the police got the wrong guy. I wonder if that's what they mean.

If so, I don't think that's a reason to ban anyone, but private forums can have their own rules, obviously. I wish the wheels of justice would move more quickly, but I understand why it's essential to give both sides ample time to prove their cases.

It doesn't seem odd to me. There's been plenty of talk here about his sleeping patterns, or lack thereof. And 4am-ish is also the time the crimes were committed.

And I apologize for this quote being from the DM:

Kohberger's unidentified downstairs neighbor echoed his strange late-night behaviors <snip>

she always heard Kohberger up late at night since he moved into the complex in August.

'He’s normally a very late-night person, going to the bathroom and vacuuming at 1 or 12 in the morning,' she said.

This makes sense to me. They said they watched him take out garbage in the middle of the night, too, so I'm not really surprised he was dressed. And, if he was awake, he may have heard something outside and grabbed the flashlight from his nightstand or something.

From what I've heard, he was a bit of a nightowl.

We don't actually know how much sleep he gets. Students and professors don't work 9-5 jobs, and often have a lot of flexibility in picking their schedule. I chose my area of focus for my minor based on which required course was at a time I preferred. I remember noting over Thanksgiving break one year that my natural schedule shifted after just a few days to sleeping 4 am to noon -- a full 8 hours of sleep.

But to answer your question, people are just built differently. There are some who say they only need 4 hours sleep a night (I feel like this is often very successful people who will boast about this). And while I'm not one of those people, I can function quite well on little to no sleep for short periods of time, and function just fine on 4-6 hours sleep for extended periods of time. They've actually revised it to say adults only need 6-7 hours sleep.

I think it's important to repeat that. Many people sleep far less than the recommended minimum, and they're highly functional.

There are six names redacted--3 attorneys and their 3 clients. My first thought was that the names are the families who haven't been vocal. However, the attorney who is quoted later says he expects that his client will be a witness and that he expects "the decedents families" will be witnesses, so clearly he isn't an attorney for one of the families. D.M.s full name is too long to fit into the redacted blank, at least for that attorney.
One redacted attorney name is co-counsel/attorney for someone (redacted). So, maybe just two redacted clients? JMO

They had the ability to search and look for all those things and all they came up with was that tiny list that was seized?

Can someone clarify, is trash something that they could seize and only note in the actual file? If they grabbed whatever BK put in the neighbor's trash can, that doesn't have to go on any kind of search warrant because it was trash and no search warrant required, correct?
Correct. Once someone disposes of something in the garbage, it is considered “abandoned property”

One redacted attorney name is co-counsel/attorney for someone (redacted). So, maybe just two redacted clients? JMO

Ah, good catch. I wonder who needs co-counsel! If it's the roommates, it's interesting that their names are redacted. This is court info. from ID. However, the information released from PA has the full PCA attached with both of their full names listed. The version released from the ID court lists only their initials.

Since he had been observed by LE to be thoroughly cleaning out his car and disposing of the "cleanings" in his parents' neighbors' trash can in the "middle of the night" within the few days prior to his arrest, maybe it was just more of the same and he was still in the throes of disposing and/or planting evidence to throw off LE, and he always wore this "nighttime prowler gear" after hours. JMO

Is it possible LE moved in when they did because they suspected he was preparing to be 'on the move' somehow? relocating / planning another evil event?

If he's been a longstanding night prowler and has his night time kit of clothing and a torch, it makes one wonder exactly how many other offences he's been perpetrating over the years and what anyone who lived around him may come to think of an connect the dots over time.

Correct. Once someone disposes of something in the garbage, it is considered “abandoned property”

Only if it's off the private premises or in a communal block or street bins here in the UK.

For example, if I were to see my neighbour throwing out what appears to be something useful into their bin which is on their driveway and decided to go forage for it and remove it so as to have it for myself, that would be unlawful here in the UK. Not that anyone including the police would bother to take issue I don't suppose but it is still considered the property of my neighbour on their property albeit it is inside their council allocated rubbish bin. AFAIK

Only if it's off the private premises or in a communal block or street bins here in the UK.

For example, if I were to see my neighbour throwing out what appears to be something useful into their bin which is on their driveway and decided to go forage for it and remove it so as to have it for myself, that would be unlawful here in the UK. Not that anyone including the police would bother to take issue I don't suppose but it is still considered the property of my neighbour on their property albeit it is inside their council allocated rubbish bin. AFAIK

That's unlawful here too. Except the Supreme Court has ruled that LE seizing evidence from a trash can outside the home on public curb or road is legal.

PA STATE POLICE, UNSEALED WARRANTS ON KOHBERGER, 3/1/23:

Thank you for this.

I wasn't sure if the Door Dash order had been confirmed / verified but it seems X genuinely made this order that was delivered at 04:00. Am I right that it hadn't been touched, it was on the kitchen counter unopened?

Seems so strange to me that the murderer would want to enter a premises so quickly after such a delivery and must have almost crossed paths with the delivery driver - I assume it would be a motorised vehicle delivery either motorbike or car? If they had the house under surveillance as many people assume then they would have known this surely?

Also it confuses my sense of the narrative that all residents were home and 'in bed' as clearly X and E were preparing to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234