4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at, but I think my point stands and fits your post: there may have been another source of DNA. BK's was single source, so not mixed with anyone else's. The officer had no need to mention any of the other DNA on the sheath, if there was any (including the victims') because it was not relevant to getting an arrest warrant for B.K. Undoubtedly, the lab report mentions all of the DNA and prints found, but they have nothing to do with having a judge issue a warrant for BK.

The PCA isn't a write up of everything relating to the case, just those things that pertain to a particular suspect in that case as known at the time of the warrant request.
My original post had nothing to do with anything you posted about this case so perhaps you aren't following exactly what I was responding to.
Others had posted that it was possible that the language used in the affidavit did not mean that there was only one male's DNA on the snap (snap only, no discussion of the sheath).

It's my opinion that the wording means only one (BK) DNA was on the snap because the affidavit/application for a warrant would have been misleading if it failed to disclose important evidence of a 2nd person's DNA. Edit to add You seem to think it doesn't need to be disclosed so we can disagree.

I believe I thoroughly explained the reasons for my opinion previously.
This has nothing to do with the limited information usually available in most warrant applications. I certainly would not want to continue any conversation about my opinion.

Last edited:
It seems like wearing gloves while cleaning is just his thing. I have a friend like that. She always has nitrile gloves. She was ready when COVID hit!
Yup! I can't change kitty litter without them!

I am pretty surprised that SWAT swarms in the house and finds him wearing gloves while separating his trash from the family trash:

Mancuso says, "Mr. Kohberger was found awake in the kitchen area dresssd in shorts and a shirt a wearing latex medical type gloves and apparently was taking his personal trash and putting it into a separate zip lock baggies."

Add this to BK sneaking trash into his neighbor's bins, and it looks like he doesn't want LE to get a DNA sample from him:

Mancuso says, "A trash pull that was done days before recovered DNA profiles but not from him, only from his family members."

When I use gloves for trash it isn't to deliberately separate my trash from everyone else's and to sneak out at 4:00am to put my trash in the neighbor's bin.

I use them because the trash happens to be particularly messy at that specific time.

But then, I'm not trying to hide my DNA from my trash.

Last edited:
“His personal” trash. Would that be items with DNA?
Yes, any type of trash he happened to touch because he is trying to hide his DNA.

How it looks to me anyway.

Otherwise, why separate your trash from the rest of the family's trash?
Why sneak trash into your neighbor's trash bin in the middle of the night?
Why use gloves each time?

Added up these behaviors look suspicious.

Last edited:
“His personal” trash. Would that be items with DNA?

Not just his 'personal' trash but putting it in ziplock bags, I mean what's *that* about? It's not as if his whereabouts weren't already known. Was he really going so far as trying to prevent LE from obtaining his DNA, even so he's educated enough to know that they could obtain it covertly in other ways, ie by doing exactly what they did and gaining familial / paternal DNA or outright request him to provide it?

I'm seriously suspecting he was throwing out drug detritus and didn't want it to come loose in the trash bin or be directly attributed to him. JMO MOO

How do we know that? I must have missed it. PA LE said he was already dressed?

Naturally he's awake once they breach the door - but if his bed was unslept in, then yes, I'd agree he was not sleeping. I just haven't read that. Some people sleep in clothes that look a lot like their day clothes (or ARE their day clothes, esp. during student years). Light was on in his room? They could see him through the window? I've read anything with that level detail and now am very eager to do so!

TIA.
IMO
It’s from the excellent article posted by @NoSpoonFeeding on page 22. Of course I am probably just excited because it confirms what I already suspected ;). JMO

Mancuso says, "Mr. Kohberger was found awake in the kitchen area dresssd in shorts and a shirt a wearing latex medical type gloves and apparently was taking his personal trash and putting it into a separate zip lock baggies."

Here it is again:

Not just his 'personal' trash but putting it in ziplock bags, I mean what's *that* about? It's not as if his whereabouts weren't already known. Was he really going so far as trying to prevent LE from obtaining his DNA, even so he's educated enough to know that they could obtain it covertly in other ways, ie by doing exactly what they did and gaining familial / paternal DNA or outright request him to provide it?

I'm seriously suspecting he was throwing out drug detritus and didn't want it to come loose in the trash bin or be directly attributed to him. JMO MOO
I think his drug use was in the past, not current. He seems to have been on a more natural "kick."

His rehab dates back a decade.

I'm suspicious he was worried about possible DNA being found on the knife sheath, thus, he was doing whatever he could to mitigate that damage.

I am pretty surprised that SWAT swarms in the house and finds him wearing gloves while separating his trash from the family trash:

Add this to BK sneaking trash into his neighbor's bins, and it looks like he doesn't want LE to get a DNA sample from him:

Mancuso says, "A trash pull that was done days before recovered DNA profiles but not from him, only from his family members."

When I use gloves for trash it isn't to deliberately separate my trash from everyone else's and to sneak out at 4:00am to put my trash in the neighbor's bin.

I use them because the trash happens to be particularly messy at that specific time.

god, that article.. he had weeks to burn all that..
and here he is pedantic as what, when they swarm..
My first response is that he was almost acting out documentation for what might have been a motive...
What?
if it's the case ,and I am merely speculating, is it safe to assume it is academia and not fiction?
Why?

I think his drug use was in the past, not current. He seems to have been on a more natural "kick."

His rehab dates back a decade.

I'm suspicious he was worried about possible DNA being found on the knife sheath, thus, he was doing whatever he could to mitigate that damage.

Well there was that "green leafy substance" in a jar police seized. That sounds like it could have indicated current drug use. Idaho murders update: More Bryan Kohberger documents released in Pennsylvania, knife, phone, masks seized
JMO

Oops, @Cool Cats WAY beat me to the punch on that :D. I like that there was a named source. Not the anonymous, unvetTed, and possibly even fictional “a source close to the investigation”. MOO

Woof, gliving. (That means Thanks for those who don't speak dog)

I'm a little surprised at the order (3rd from bottom) "to Redact and Unsesal". I'm thinking to 'unsesal' is to 'unseal', and simply a typo. I'm not trying to be nitpicky here but you'd think they'd use spellcheck for something as important as these court docs are. JMO

Last edited:

How.... odd.

Can you imagine if his mom or dad came downstairs for a drink of water, or a bowl of ice cream, and found their son wearing latex gloves, hunched over the garbage and sorting it into baggies in the middle of the night? If that doesn't make a parent go HMMMM.... I don't know what would!

Hummm...if this is a drug it sounds like M, and M is legal in Washington State and Decriminalized in Pennsylvania. No reason to hide it except to hide DNA.
I may be missing the point here but
1. Pot is a drug so it may be his drug use wasn't entirely in the past.
2. We don't know that he was hiding the green stuff!whatever it was.
3. Decriminalized is not quite the same as legal. For someone who supposedly wanted a career in some sort of criminal justice, that difference might matter.
4. If it is pot, wouldn't its legality be affected if it was adulterated?
JMO

This is the new info the OP is referring to I believe.

Thank you so much! I had not read that. Wow.

So that's on...Dec. 30. He's still segregating trash?? He's obviously worried about the DNA issue.

I imagine he does this while his parents are sleeping. I wonder if he did it every night. Does he then take those bagged items to various neighbors' trash bins or just to one neighbor?

Living in fear of being busted for four murders cannot be a pleasant way to live.

IMO.

Thank you so much! I had not read that. Wow.

So that's on...Dec. 30. He's still segregating trash?? He's obviously worried about the DNA issue.

I imagine he does this while his parents are sleeping. I wonder if he did it every night. Does he then take those bagged items to various neighbors' trash bins or just to one neighbor?

Living in fear of being busted for four murders cannot be a pleasant way to live.

IMO.
How does segregating his trash help his situation regarding DNA and the crime?

How does segregating his trash help his situation regarding DNA and the crime?
I don't think it would.
Even if he'd got wind of a DNA sample isolated, he actually is his DNA.
And he wasn't ziplocking himself.

I think it's more about his rationale for allegedly doing what he allegedly did. as if he was creating something novel which required every single atom of everything to do with the perp.

Like tidying up a thesis...
the thesis in his head...
jMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads