Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be missing the point here but
1. Pot is a drug so it may be his drug use wasn't entirely in the past.
2. We don't know that he was hiding the green stuff!whatever it was.
3. Decriminalized is not quite the same as legal. For someone who supposedly wanted a career in some sort of criminal justice, that difference might matter.
4. If it is pot, wouldn't its legality be affected if it was adulterated?
JMO
I deleted that post because it might be OT.

The point I was making is I think he was hiding his DNA. Someone said because of the seized green leafy substances maybe he was doing drugs, thus, hiding drugs not hiding DNA.

How.... odd.

Can you imagine if his mom or dad came downstairs for a drink of water, or a bowl of ice cream, and found their son wearing latex gloves, hunched over the garbage and sorting it into baggies in the middle of the night? If that doesn't make a parent go HMMMM.... I don't know what would!
apart from being odd, this would not even make sense- during the day he tosses his trash in receptacles with everyone else's, where it could all be cross contaminated- and then at night he goes through it and somehow finds his tissue, his wadded up toilet paper, his granola wrapper, his cotton swab, his dinner napkin? He knows exacty what his parents threw out during the day?

apart from being odd, this would not even make sense- during the day he tosses his trash in receptacles with everyone else's, where it could all be cross contaminated- and then at night he goes through it and somehow finds his tissue, his wadded up toilet paper, his granola wrapper, his cotton swab, his dinner napkin? He knows exacty what his parents threw out during the day?
That's not how I interpreted what the article said. I picture more like him putting things from his personal wastebasket or car trash into ziploc baggies BEFORE it mixes with the family trash. Still doesn't make such sense though.

Thanks!

I noticed in the motion to seal the confidential source was mentioned again.
Do you know what exhibit B is? I don't recall an exhibit B.

MOO

Exhibit A is Brett Payne's statement. Cool Cats just posted a link to an exhibit B. I'm not sure but I think that's for the gag order part of BK's case, not the arrest part.

Could the 911 call be exhibit B? There was recent chatter about it possibly being released. I'd def like to hear it.

How do we know that? I must have missed it. PA LE said he was already dressed?

Naturally he's awake once they breach the door - but if his bed was unslept in, then yes, I'd agree he was not sleeping. I just haven't read that. Some people sleep in clothes that look a lot like their day clothes (or ARE their day clothes, esp. during student years). Light was on in his room? They could see him through the window? I've read anything with that level detail and now am very eager to do so!

TIA.
IMO
In his writings when he was a teen, he said that the visual snow did not bother him at night as much so he would run at nighttime.

Yup! I can't change kitty litter without them!

I am pretty surprised that SWAT swarms in the house and finds him wearing gloves while separating his trash from the family trash:

Mancuso says, "Mr. Kohberger was found awake in the kitchen area dresssd in shorts and a shirt a wearing latex medical type gloves and apparently was taking his personal trash and putting it into a separate zip lock baggies."

Add this to BK sneaking trash into his neighbor's bins, and it looks like he doesn't want LE to get a DNA sample from him:

Mancuso says, "A trash pull that was done days before recovered DNA profiles but not from him, only from his family members."

When I use gloves for trash it isn't to deliberately separate my trash from everyone else's and to sneak out at 4:00am to put my trash in the neighbor's bin.

I use them because the trash happens to be particularly messy at that specific time.

But then, I'm not trying to hide my DNA from my trash.

And putting it in ziploc bags? That’s kinda odd to me. What kind of trash I wonder?

Thank you!
This Exhibit B is listed in the gag order case and is found in a declaration (Ferguson).

I couldn't find it listed as Ex B in the murder case though. If they mean this document, they must be referring to the names that are redacted in it? MOO
Exhibit A is Brett Payne's statement. Cool Cats just posted a link to an exhibit B. I'm not sure but I think that's for the gag order part of BK's case, not the arrest part.

Could the 911 call be exhibit B? There was recent chatter about it possibly being released. I'd def like to hear it.
Thanks!
It could very well be the 911 call. I am still looking through the court docs to see if I can find an Ex B mentioned anywhere. No luck so far.

MOO

It’s from the excellent article posted by @NoSpoonFeeding on page 22. Of course I am probably just excited because it confirms what I already suspected ;). JMO

Mancuso says, "Mr. Kohberger was found awake in the kitchen area dresssd in shorts and a shirt a wearing latex medical type gloves and apparently was taking his personal trash and putting it into a separate zip lock baggies."

Here it is again:
I find it interesting that the article quotes the official saying, "apparently," Kohberger was separating his trash.

I'm going out on a limb here. How does anyone know if BK might have ALWAYS separated his personal trash into separate baggies or not? Maybe he's just that way. My FIL used to check the door around five times to make sure it was still locked from a minute and a half ago before he was convinced it was locked and could leave(he started that, it lasted for about 3 years, then stopped and only ever checked once after). People can do some odd things.

I'm just saying, is it odd? Sure. Is it something he just started? Who knows? Maybe his parents would have come downstairs, got their bowl of ice cream and said, "Hey, BK, we have extra zippy bags in the pantry if you need more." Then he would have sorted his zippy bags by color or size or contents and done whatever with them. ("Here's some Kleenex for the crabby neighbors two doors down, here's some green stuff for Mrs. Smith's garden....)

He HAD to know that if anyone could figure out enough to come looking for his DNA, hiding it in zippy bags wasn't going to keep them from it, right?;)

I'm going out on a limb here. How does anyone know if BK might have ALWAYS separated his personal trash into separate baggies or not? Maybe he's just that way. My FIL used to check the door around five times to make sure it was still locked from a minute and a half ago before he was convinced it was locked and could leave(he started that, it lasted for about 3 years, then stopped and only ever checked once after). People can do some odd things.

I'm just saying, is it odd? Sure. Is it something he just started? Who knows? Maybe his parents would have come downstairs, got their bowl of ice cream and said, "Hey, BK, we have extra zippy bags in the pantry if you need more." Then he would have sorted his zippy bags by color or size or contents and done whatever with them. ("Here's some Kleenex for the crabby neighbors two doors down, here's some green stuff for Mrs. Smith's garden....)

He HAD to know that if anyone could figure out enough to come looking for his DNA, hiding it in zippy bags wasn't going to keep them from it, right?;)

those zippy bags are expensive! Using them like that would really add up...

Thank you!
This Exhibit B is listed in the gag order case and is found in a declaration (Ferguson).

I couldn't find it listed as Ex B in the murder case though. If they mean this document, they must be referring to the names that are redacted in it? MOO

Thanks!
It could very well be the 911 call. I am still looking through the court docs to see if I can find an Ex B mentioned anywhere. No luck so far.

MOO
Anyone have any ideas as to why the attorneys feel the potential witnesses listed on Exhibit B would be in danger if known? The obvious assumption is that at least one of the potential witnesses is DM. However, since her name is already known, it would seem unnecessary (IMO) request her name be redacted for her safety. The one known suspect is in custody. So,
1. If the roommates are listed, what info do they know that puts them in danger?
2. If it isn't the roommates, who is it that has info?
3. From whom are the witnesses being protected?

Latah County CR29-22-2805 is the criminal case so you're right. The gag order case # is Supreme Court - 50482-2023 Thanks @Cool Cats !
100%
They probably are referring to keeping the names of the two witnesses redacted?
The 911 call is probably in Exhibit A with all the other discovery evidence.
MOO

Last edited:
Anyone have any ideas as to why the attorneys feel the potential witnesses listed on Exhibit B would be in danger if known? The obvious assumption is that at least one of the potential witnesses is DM. However, since her name is already known, it would seem unnecessary (IMO) request her name be redacted for her safety. The one known suspect is in custody. So,
1. If the roommates are listed, what info do they know that puts them in danger?
2. If it isn't the roommates, who is it that has info?
3. From whom are the witnesses being protected?
Confidential informant? 911 caller? Anyone at the house the following morning? MOO

The reason given was "release might threaten or endanger the life or safety of said individuals"

I think they are trying to protect them from the intense public/media interest in the case. If their names were released, they would probably be pursued by the press and others, nonstop, which might create a dangerous situation.
MOO

That's not how I interpreted what the article said. I picture more like him putting things from his personal wastebasket or car trash into ziploc baggies BEFORE it mixes with the family trash. Still doesn't make such sense though.
I imagine that you may be right since we know from the article that his trash was not in the family bin outside

so I expect that after he bagged it, it was to go in the neighbor's... I just do not easily picture bagging everything "personal" in the kitchen...

I imagine that you may be right since we know from the article that his trash was not in the family bin outside

so I expect that after he bagged it, it was to go in the neighbor's... I just do not easily picture bagging everything "personal" in the kitchen...
I agree. If his own trash had been in baggies, but still placed in his parents’ bin, it should have been recovered.

Mancuso says, "A trash pull that was done days before recovered DNA profiles but not from him, only from his family members.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name Here