4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
taking his personal trash and putting it into separate Ziploc baggies.... that says a lot, trying to keep his dna safe?
If you take your personal trash out of the family trash can and put it into separate individual baggies, you definitely are not planning to return those baggies to the family trash can. It would make no sense to meticulously bag up your food wrappers, leftovers, empty drink bottles, Kleenex and banana peels (for example) just to put them all back into the household trash bin.

If he wasn't going to put the baggies back in with the family trash then what on earth was he going to do with them?

I believe he was planning to dispose of his baggies in his neighbor's trash container to hide his DNA.

To me it is obvious for 9 reasons:

1.) He was seen by LE surveillance doing this already.
2.) He was found with a flashlight on his person at the same time he is bagging his trash and it is dark out.
3.) He is doing all this covertly. At 1:30am it is not likely his family or the neighbors will see him sneaking around with all this trash.
4.) He doesn't want LE to find his trash so he needs to get his trash thrown away some place else.
5.) He has no reason to hide food wrappers and leftovers and all of his trash unless there is something with them he doesn't want LE to find.
6.) The only thing LE would find incriminating with his trash is his DNA - which would be all over his trash with prints and saliva.
7.) Why does his DNA matter? Because he now knows that he left his sheath behind. What if LE finds his DNA on his sheath? Well he can't take any chances, can he?
8.) He was fully dressed at 1:30am.
9.) He was wearing medical style gloves. Wearing double gloves - 2 pairs - or he had an extra pair in his pocket.

Bryan Kohberger is getting desperate.

2 Cent Opinion

Last edited:
This is from an older article but it's something I missed earlier:

Kohberger's warrant merited an after-dark arrest, (Pennsylvania State Police Major Christopher) Paris said, which requires a higher standard of probable cause.

(bbm)

If you take your personal trash out of the family trash can and put it into separate individual baggies, you definitely are not planning to return those baggies to the family trash can. It would make no sense to meticulously bag up your food wrappers, leftovers, empty drink bottles, Kleenex and banana peels (for example) just to put them all back into the household trash bin.

If he wasn't going to put the baggies back in with the family trash then what on earth was he going to do with them?

I believe he was planning to dispose of his baggies in his neighbor's trash container to hide his DNA.

To me it is obvious for 9 reasons:

1.) He was seen by LE surveillance doing this already.

How does him doing it already convince you it was to hide DNA though? If anything, that would convince me it's a personal quirk if he was doing it before.

2.) He was found with a flashlight on his person at the same time he is bagging his trash and it is dark out.
3.) He is doing all this covertly. At 1:30am it is not likely his family or the neighbors will see him sneaking around with all this trash.

But we already know from earlier reports published in MSM that according to his neighbors in Pullman, he's a night owl and does his cleaning at night.

4.) He doesn't want LE to find his trash so he needs to get his trash thrown away some place else.
5.) He has no reason to hide food wrappers and leftovers and all of his trash unless there is something with them he doesn't want LE to find.

#5 opens many possibilities, not just that there is something he's hiding from LE. One of those possibilities is an eating disorder. I'm not saying he has one, but I don't think it's accurate to say the only reason to hide food wrappers and leftovers is to hide something from LE.

6.) The only thing LE would find incriminating with his trash is his DNA - which would be all over his trash with prints and saliva.
7.) Why does his DNA matter? Because he now knows that he left his sheath behind. What if LE finds his DNA on his sheath? Well he can't take any chances, can he?
8.) He was fully dressed at 1:30am.

The fact that he's fully dressed at 1:30 am is the least suspicious part of this, IMO, given that we know he's a night owl.

9.) He was wearing medical style gloves. Wearing double gloves - 2 pairs - or he had an extra pair in his pocket.

Anyone digging through trash should be wearing gloves.

The above is MOO.

This is from an older article but it's something I missed earlier:

Kohberger's warrant merited an after-dark arrest, (Pennsylvania State Police Major Christopher) Paris said, which requires a higher standard of probable cause.

(bbm)
In the search warrant application LE requested a night time arrest (page right before exhibit A) stating:

Additionally, based upon the serious and violent nature of these crimes, including risk of general public's safety, your Affiants are requesting a night-time search warrant be issued to execute this search warrant at any time and the affidavit of probable cause be sealed.

How does him doing it already convince you it was to hide DNA though? If anything, that would convince me it's a personal quirk if he was doing it before.

But we already know from earlier reports published in MSM that according to his neighbors in Pullman, he's a night owl and does his cleaning at night.

#5 opens many possibilities, not just that there is something he's hiding from LE. One of those possibilities is an eating disorder. I'm not saying he has one, but I don't think it's accurate to say the only reason to hide food wrappers and leftovers is to hide something from LE.

The fact that he's fully dressed at 1:30 am is the least suspicious part of this, IMO, given that we know he's a night owl.

The above is MOO.

It is called TOTALITY of evidence, that's how I came to my conclusion. It is not just one or 2 things. One or 2 things can be picked apart.

Just like evidence at trial.

Defense attorneys will try to poke holes in each piece of evidence but what really convicts defendants most of the time is the TOTALITY of the evidence.

Even I don't think any one of my conclusions is necessarily convincing in and of itself, but for me they all add up and make it look like Bryan is hiding something and my best guess is his DNA.

If he were hiding anything else he could just toss it, unbagged, in his family's trash container.

2 Cents

Last edited:
Thanks @NottaYutz ! A very long article mostly about Brian Entin's reporting of the Moscow Murders while vying to get the big news scoop first. Toward the end the author changes to a more philosophical note:

"Neuroscientists have found that when we interact with social media, it’s the anticipation of answers, not their existence, that stirs in us a need to keep clicking, scrolling, and posting—perhaps that’s why Kohberger’s arrest brings less closure to sleuths than one might anticipate.

In our internet-addicted brains, it seems productive to skip past endings and repost whatever fresh allegations we’ve just read, misguided by the myth that social media is a tool for social justice. In reality, studies show that screens lower our empathy, increasing the tendency toward cruelty, which can camouflage online as heroism."
You are most welcome. And, if I didn't misunderstand the following, is this quote about Websleuths.com?

"Web sleuths earned their moniker in 1999 on a site by the same name, but their movement arguably reached a pinnacle during the 2010–2012 crime at the center of Don’t With Cats, a docuseries about the online manhunt for Luka Magnotta, who posted videos of himself killing cats before graduating to homicide. In that case, sleuths succeeded where police had failed, bolstering their reputation as capable detectives. According to media scholars, “historical examples,” such as Magnotta, “help to fuel a fantasy...further energized by the rise of participatory media culture,” that audience members are “viewers with a job to do.”

The above is MOO.
You offer a very interesting point of view not offered by anyone else.

I agree there is time missing from before and after the crime in the PCA. I came up with a different amount of time. Calculating how long it should take him to get to Blaine (where his phone was picked up again). King road to Blaine along the route of Walenta, Castenoga, Palouse (PCA: they see him on walenta and then surmise that is the way he went because of their knowledge of the area pg 6) to 95 to Blaine takes approximately 14 minutes. So approximately 14 minutes is missing. If he went a different way it could take a little less time to get to Blaine. JMO

I'm curious if he was in the same place twice: before and then after the crime.

MOO
EBM spelling
Thanks for pointing out the need to factor in the time it would take to drive to be near Blaine ID on highway 95, which I forgot about. Bk is not able to teleport right!. If that takes off 15 minutes then we are left with about 15 minutes. On the way to the crime, I had the white elantra leaving Pullman at about 2.53am and turning up on Indian Hills Drive at about 3.26am. That time gap has always interested me, since I figured that in the early AM hours, it would potentially only take 10-15 mins to reach Moscow. Via Johnston and Sand Road, you are looking at at least 15 mins I believe, but via the Pullman Highway, it could be done in ten mins. Either way, that leaves a gap again of about 15 to 20 mins. I've also wondered whether he went to the same place, perhaps somewhere rural east of Moscow and Indian Hills drive to sit off road perhaps and do a check (pre crime) and 'recover' (post crime). MOO

It is called TOTALITY of evidence, that's how I came to my conclusion. It is not just one or 2 things. One or 2 things can be picked apart.

Just like evidence at trial.

Defense attorneys will try to poke holes in each piece of evidence but what really convicts defendants most of the time is the TOTALITY of the evidence.

Even I don't think any one of my conclusions is necessarily convincing in and of itself, but for me they all add up and make it look like Bryan is hiding something and my best guess is his DNA.

If he were hiding anything else he could just toss it, unbagged, in his family's trash container.
I believe you.

I couldn't find it and I have a feeling the website was closed or made private..

I have been spending too much of my life applying his alleged crime to what you wrote.
I think it's bound to reflect his studies or whatever hypotheses he was playing with intellectually..
but I can find no structure or anything that could define what is open source and apply it accordingly..
If this horrific act of violence is related to academia, how does it fit and I'm well past my theories about infamous serial killers he may have infiltrated his mind through either osmosis or transference because he may have shown a rabid interest in them, a fact we do not know, actually. I'll park it for now. It's only a theory.

So, what?
so, why?

What was his alleged gain?
What is it now?
I'd hypothesise that BK (as alleged killer) could have consciously rationalised some complicated scenario to relate these murders to his studies/academia in some way. And he may well have imagined some gain to be had in the future for his career and/or the science criminology. I'm not sure I believe that myself but it is within the realms of speculation IMO.

I do think that he believed he would no be caught and to me, MOO, that is not uncommon for many who knowingly commit criminal acts. However, I think the actual gain, the reason was deeply personal and related to psychological needs. The gains to be had were unconsciously rationalised in Bk's psyche. Obviously MOO and speculating.

Edited spelling

A normal person acting like this is probably just obsessive compulsive, or maybe a bit eccentric. But a quadruple murder suspect who left behind a sheath with possible DNA on it is going to go to great lengths to take control of the situation and hide his DNA.

You said it was based on 9 things and I'm just saying many of those 9 things aren't unusual at all in this individual. Everything I posted could be true and he could still be guilty. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. But using those things as the reason some are convinced he's guilty is what I'm objecting to. BK could absolutely be the murderer and yet, the same behaviors you outlined he could have been doing last year. JMO.

He's a night owl, so he's still dressed at 1:30 and doing chores. He's going through and separating trash for any number of reasons -- possibly drugs, possibly eating disorder (this is actually very typical ED behavior, though I haven't seen evidence he has one), possibly he doesn't want his parents to know something he's putting in the trash, etc. He's wearing gloves while digging through trash. I'd be concerned if he wasn't wearing gloves while digging through trash because that's just gross. None of this (even all of it together) paint a picture for me, given what we know about him. I think it's entirely possible that none of the above is related to the murders. MOO.

I'd hypothesise that BK (as alleged killer) could have consciously rationalised some complicated scenario to relate these murders to his studies/academia in some way. And he may well have imagined some gain to be had in the future for his career and/or the science criminology. I'm not sure I believe that myself but it is within the realms of speculation IMO.

I do think that he believed he would no be caught and to me, MOO, that is not uncommon for many who knowingly commit criminal acts. However, I think the actual gain, the reason was deeply personal and related to psychological needs. The gains to be had were unconsciously rationalised in Bk's psyche. Obviously MOO and speculating.

Edited spelling
yeah!
Gain comes from the re-membering...how far did he believe that would take him?
It was over so quickly he hardly had time to even distinguish which person he was killing..
so the anticipated gain/reward could only come from his recall..
I wonder what it is he recalls of the slaughter he allegedly did?

You said it was based on 9 things and I'm just saying many of those 9 things aren't unusual at all in this individual. Everything I posted could be true and he could still be guilty. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. But using those things as the reason some are convinced he's guilty is what I'm objecting to. BK could absolutely be the murderer and yet, the same behaviors you outlined he could have been doing last year. JMO.

He's a night owl, so he's still dressed at 1:30 and doing chores. He's going through and separating trash for any number of reasons -- possibly drugs, possibly eating disorder (this is actually very typical ED behavior, though I haven't seen evidence he has one), possibly he doesn't want his parents to know something he's putting in the trash, etc. He's wearing gloves while digging through trash. I'd be concerned if he wasn't wearing gloves while digging through trash because that's just gross. None of this (even all of it together) paint a picture for me, given what we know about him. I think it's entirely possible that none of the above is related to the murders. MOO.
A normal person acting like this is probably just obsessive compulsive, or maybe a bit eccentric. But a quadruple murder suspect who left behind a sheath with possible DNA on it is going to go to great lengths to take control of the situation and hide his DNA.

Bryan is not a normal person. Normal people don't have LE following them across the Country, doing surveillance on them for days at their home, picking through their trash and running their DNA.

Normal people don't have a motive to hide their DNA but Bryan did, and "he was right."

LE WAS stalking him and trying to get his DNA.
I believe you.
Just my take on it.

LE going through his trash specifically looking for his DNA convinces me he was trying to hide his DNA.

He had a MOTIVE to hide it, a normal person (not arrested for quadruple homicide) would lack this motive.

yeah!
Gain comes from the re-membering...how far did he believe that would take him?
It was over so quickly he hardly had time to even distinguish which person he was killing..
so the anticipated gain/reward could only come from his recall..
I wonder what it is he recalls of the slaughter he allegedly did?
Interesting point. There are immediate gains and longer term ones. Remembering might be longer term and possibly perceived consciousy prior to the crime. It could be that remembering in actuality involves recall of powerful feelings or something like that, sounds, flashes of vision, rather than anything in particular? MOO

I guess I'm thinking that at some point pre crime, BK became 'driven' by psychological pressures within him to committ these terrible crimes and the immediate gain would have simply been relief from these pressures and possibly a sense of having achieved his 'mission'. Speculating and MOO.

Bryan is not a normal person. Normal people don't have LE following them across the Country, doing surveillance on them for days at their home, picking through their trash and running their DNA.

Normal people don't have a motive to hide their DNA but Bryan did, and "he was right."

LE WAS stalking him and trying to get his DNA.
But LE had a million ways to get his DNA and he would have had to have known that.
They originally got it via his parents' rubbish.
He knew the possibilities, how could he not have?

Did he take the same pains in his apartment and in his office, his vehicle, his everything?
why did he not hide himself if the object of the exercise, in futility imo, was to occlude his own dNA from everything while still living in a shared home with his parents?

But LE had a million ways to get his DNA and he would have had to have known that.
They originally got it via his parents' rubbish.
He knew the possibilities, how could he not have?

Did he take the same pains in his apartment and in his office, his vehicle, his everything?
why did he not hide himself if the object of the exercise, in futility imo, was to occlude his own dNA from everything while still living in a shared home with his parents?

Exactly. We can definitely make everything fit in retrospect, but IMO, BK was separating trash and being fully dressed at 1:30 in the morning long before the murders.

Exactly. We can definitely make everything fit in retrospect, but IMO, BK was separating trash and being fully dressed at 1:30 in the morning long before the murders.
I'm not sure about that yet but it is a possibility.
Is it also a possibility that transfer DNA could have still been present in any part of him?
Is that what concerned him?
Victim DNA?
He used his vehicle to allegedly carry out his alleged crime...a single cell of a victim's dNA could possibly have a presence in one of his belongings?

Agreed, also lets not forget there is a three hour time difference between his parents house and Pullman Wa, so it prob only felt like 10:30pm to BCK

I might also note that while he was "apparently" sorting his trash from family trash, maybe he was really sorting compostables from recyclables that accidentally got in the trash from real trash. I don't say that is the actual case, but I know some odd people who would do EXACTLY that and after their parents fell asleep so as to either "not make them feel bad" or not show their parents how OCD they are about those things. I can't tell you how many people I have seen rummage through the trash to get that recyclable can in there. Without gloves. :eek:

Having already seen the conclusions some reporters have put in their articles that aren't exactly factual, but aren't disproven either, I have to reserve judgement until someone says exactly what went in the individual baggies. Did every baggie have ONLY his trash? OK, that points to trying to hide his trash. Did each baggie have a different type of trash, some of which was not his? Then that could point to a different goal.

Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member