4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the date on the actual warrant?
All he needed for a Tinder account was an email address and a photograph. If he had nefarious desires that he felt he needed to use in his description of himself it could have led to him getting a ban. also red flagging his account.
lE could have just requested local area profiles with fondness for knives, something as broad as that too.
Hard to take a guess at it without having exact date warrant was signed.

I think that's a stretch. JMO.

Initial warrant of 12-6 and then the warrant for March 2021 was 12-22, per the post from Sister Golden Hair.

Huh? The articles doesn't make clear who supposedly wrote the letter but it does say "We met on December 19th when I informed you of your termination as a TA for spring semester." BK was in PA by then wasn't he? How did they meet? And is this the first indication BK knew that early he was fired? Finally why refer to his supervising professor as "professor Snyder" and not "Professor Snyder?"
JMO
NewsNation’s “Banfield” exclusively obtained the WSU termination letter sent to Kohberger, is who obtained the letter. Have no idea who wrote it.

Only my conjecture, but, a typo was missed (lowercase p for Professor), and no, I doubt he knew til he rec'd the letter that he'd been dismissed, but did know about the investigation into his behaviour at his job there.

Bryan Kohberger Visited Idaho Student Union Before Murders — and Was 'the Type to Stare': Witnesses​

"It was really early in the semester," recalls Chelsea, a sophomore at the University of Idaho. "He was at the food court [of the Student Union], drinking water. He sat by himself."

"He was the type to stare," she continues. "He wouldn't look away if you caught him staring. Like he wanted you to notice that he was looking at you. He didn't smile, didn't nod, didn't say anything. Just stared."

"I told my friend to not be suspicious but to look at him, because the eye contact was making me uncomfortable," she continues. "It was so weird that we ended up leaving and eating outside, because we wanted to get away from him."

Another student tells PEOPLE that she saw Kohberger frequently enough around campus that she assumed he was a student at the University of Idaho.

"It's not a huge school; it's like a small town," she says. "So you start seeing the same faces again and again. They become familiar, like you know that you've seen them in class or around campus. I definitely saw him more than once. He was just really quiet and really intense, staring. He made me uncomfortable."
Oh gosh that’s scary. Was he looking for victims?

might just be a bank recommended by the colleges serving the towns..

Not a bank. Four banks. Each of them had multiple accounts and apparently, a Square/Block account, which I think sellers get to process credit cards? This is all according to the warrants. I think June and/or if the gag order is lifted, this case is going to blow up. MOO.

NewsNation’s “Banfield” exclusively obtained the WSU termination letter sent to Kohberger, is who obtained the letter. Have no idea who wrote it.

Only my conjecture, but, a typo was missed (lowercase p for Professor), and no, I doubt he knew til he rec'd the letter that he'd been dismissed, but did know about the investigation into his behaviour at his job there.
I guess that's all possible. But the letter does say BK was informed his TA was terminated in a meeting with the letter-writer on Dec 19 and the letter was just a formality.

I'd be more likely to think the lowercase p was a typo if it happened once. But "professor Snyder" appears 4 times in the letter. Perhaps Banfield's crew made the error? Does not seem a likely "academic" error. I also think it's very weird to reproduce a letter and not say who wrote it.

But the date -- the month of March 2021 is very, very specific. Even if they found another name, why would it be pinned down to 30 days over the course of 18 months?
100% speculation by me, but -- wasn't BK doing remote school in 2021?

What if (I repeat, 100% speculation) LE theoretically has some reason to suspect that BK travelled to Moscow/Pullman in March 2021?

Even if he wasn't in remote studies, wouldn't there be a Spring Break in March?

MOO

100% speculation by me, but -- wasn't BK doing remote school in 2021?

What if (I repeat, 100% speculation) LE theoretically has some reason to suspect that BK travelled to Moscow/Pullman in March 2021?

Even if he wasn't in remote studies, wouldn't there be a Spring Break in March?

MOO

I hadn't considered that, but good point. You're right that they may have reason to believe he came to Pullman or Idaho in 2021 and wanted to check Tinder messages for that month. But why 20 different accounts for that month? And why not continue to peruse the rest of 2021? Maybe over the summer? That's why I tend to think the March 2021 doesn't have to do with BK or if it does, only peripherally. MOO.

Prosecutors are also seeking bank and social media information tied to the four victims as they build a digital picture of the crime and the suspect, a 28-year-old grad student, search warrant applications showed.

"They're trying to find out to find out if there is a hidden link that could explain the motive," said Casey Jordan, who teaches justice and law administration at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury.

Not a bank. Four banks. Each of them had multiple accounts and apparently, a Square/Block account, which I think sellers get to process credit cards? This is all according to the warrants. I think June and/or if the gag order is lifted, this case is going to blow up. MOO.
i'm not seeing it, truthfully.
For one thing we do not know which if any of these warrants were actually served or whether they included lifetime banking histories of victims.
I don't even want to second guess this one. It feels like a pointless exercise.
If you have the time have a look at the case of Ying Ying Zhang on this site.
Just look at the warrants alone on Brendt Christensen, her killer..
That was a Federal DP case though but will give you a good picture of a digital investigation.

Excuse if this has already been covered today. I haven't caught up and may not have time tonight, but a few things to add about the dates on the warrants because those are really key imo jmo ime and making me crazy.

The reason they’re important obviously is because that tells you when LE had both the info about the evidence or person and probable cause. Both of those things must exist. That’s why the warrants for BK information are dated right after they have probable cause - not before in December, even though he was their suspect. for ex, they got the Google 1.3.2023, right after they had PC for arrest, they also have PC for the google warrant. Before that, no probable cause, no warrant. And as soon as PC, then warrant. Typically LE is going to act asap after that because people and evidence disappear. So the dates matter.

So why so long on this:
BK Tinder warrant dated 1.25.23 (same date as DropBox warrant)
BK Yik Yak warrant dated 1.25.23 (same date as DropBox warrant)

Why wouldn't LE have known about those accounts sooner?

And Door Dash warrant dated 12.6.22 - same date as anonymous Tinder warrant. This means LE had probable cause to hit DD and 20 tinder accounts before they had PC for BK?

And then they went back to Tinder for 20 redacted accounts - warrant dated 12.22.2022 for the month of march 2021. what the heck? By this point they were watching BK’s every move. If curiosity or the right car or being in the area was enough for a warrant, they'd have had one on BK. but they didn't have one because not enough for PC. This means LE had some pretty compelling PC that convinced a judge to issue the DD warrant, but what could it be? almost all the other warrants make sense, but not the ones for DD.

I have some theories based on the totality of information from the warrants, but who knows. all of this is imo jmo ime.

Warrant Recipients:
  • Amazon
  • American Express
  • Apple
  • Three warrants to AT&T
  • Bank of America
  • Banner Bank in Spokane, Washington
  • Block, Inc. (formerly Square, Inc.)
  • Blue Ridge Knives in Marion, Virginia
  • Charter Communications
  • Coeur d'Alene Police Department Forensic Lab
  • Discover Bank
  • Ebay
  • Elan Financial Services
  • Idaho Central Credit Union
  • Idaho Department of Labor
  • Numerica Credit Union
  • Potlatch No 1 Financial Credit Union
  • Umpqua Bank
  • Wells Fargo
  • Verizon Wireless
  • Washington State University
  • DoorDash
  • Cloud networking company Extreme Networks
  • Google
  • Inland Cellular
  • KA-BAR Knives
  • Match Group LLC, which owns 45 dating sites like Tinder, Match.com, Meetic, OkCupid, Hinge, PlentyOfFish and OurTime
  • Meta Platforms, Facebook's parent company
  • Moscow Police Department Forensic Lab
  • Paypal/Venmo
  • Reddit
  • SnapChat owner Snap Inc.
  • Umpqua Bank
  • UPS
  • Two warrants to Verizon Wireless
  • Wal-Mart
  • Yahoo
  • Yik Yak

What was the date on the actual warrant?
All he needed for a Tinder account was an email address and a photograph. If he had nefarious desires that he felt he needed to use in his description of himself it could have led to him getting a ban. also red flagging his account.
lE could have just requested local area profiles with fondness for knives, something as broad as that too.
Hard to take a guess at it without having exact date warrant was signed.
Maybe he had fake accounts.

Watching Ashley Banfield and she shocked me- she said BK has a TV in his cell ( got this info from article at the Daily Mail)-- she then starts talking directly to him saying if you are watching you can call me-- Wowser-- anything for ratings I guess- totally inappropriate--- does she want to tank the case? She should not be doing that---I don't watch her all that often but I was watching Dan Abrams and then her program came on--
Is BK gagged under the gag order?

Did I miss where it was confirmed that the Walmart receipt and Dickies tag were definitely for a pair of Dickies coveralls? I know many were hypothesizing that he would have worn a coverall type thing to make for quick clean up, and then with the Dickies tag it became known that Dickies does make a work coverall thing.... but was it ever confirmed that the Dickies tag was for a pair of coveralls?
The coverall thing was speculation. The list of items returned from BK appartment hasn't changed. It includes a dickeies tag and a Walmart receipt for unnnamed items. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980