4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UberEats already had the practice in place as banned drivers were using other people’s accounts.

DoorDash decided to follow suit. IMO

Everyone has a DoorDash theory but I haven’t seen one good explaination of why. What kind of advantage does posing as a DD driver give BK? Pictures of the house were readily available online. Certain vantage points on its perimeter provided clear views into the windows and the activity within. Minimal curtains on windows and bright lights so it was clear when people were up or sleeping. IMO he likely memorized the cars outside.

What am I missing?

Everyone wants this guy to be some sort of criminal mastermind when reality is that he’s a dummy who overestimated his capabilities. No different than the person who only realizes how weak of a swimmer they are when they are 100 yards out in the ocean.

MOO.
I agree with you. The longer this case went on, the more it developed, the more two words have become indelibly stamped on it in my mind.

AMATEUR HOUR.​

By the time we get to trial, I think my brain's going to need a bigger stamp to cover all of the revelations we'll get. There are so, so many ridiculous, clumsy and boneheaded things he did before, during and after this crime that only LE know right now. That's my predicition. This is not the genius you're looking for. This is a wannabe who thought he was the cleverest of clever clogs, and then proceeded to do everything to lead Moscow's finest straight to him in under two months. Doofus.

My opinion only.

here is another example;

idk what the reason would be if BK was posing as a Dasher, but it would certainly explain those warrants. I have watched videos about the recent security changes, and this article and others as well as the videos and comments with the videos indicate that there are bad players doing this. could BK have done this to make contact of some sort? idk imo jmo worth considering.

Square owns Cashapp. My nieces and nephews exclusively use that and think Venmo is for old people.

The bank warrants look like fishing trips to me. The “open or closed” accounts gives it away IMO. They are not sure if all of them have accounts there. Hence them asking. No different than obtaining a search physical search warrant and coming up empty.

Unless you’re telling me they found debit cards in all of their wallets/purses and/or their parents gave LE an exhaustive list of accounts. Or maybe they went though their mail?

IMO it’s likely that early information about one or two of the victims led them to each bank. And they asked about everyone for each warrant.

And probable cause isnt the gigantic that some seem to think it is IMO. Particularly for digital records. There are millions of jokes about the ease of obtaining probable cause. Hell, whenever im on jury duty the judge takes short pauses to sign warrants and they usually do it with a 60 second cursory browse and a few whispers from the bench.

This is a serious question: what does “lots of examples of posing” mean? I have no idea. Links?
I assume someone using someone else's identity to work gigs for a business that you're banned from or legally can't work for? I imagine it's rife in everything from food delivery to things like Uber.

MOO

I agree with you. The longer this case went on, the more it developed, the more two words have become indelibly stamped on it in my mind.

AMATEUR HOUR.​

By the time we get to trial, I think my brain's going to need a bigger stamp to cover all of the revelations we'll get. There are so, so many ridiculous, clumsy and boneheaded things he did before, during and after this crime that only LE know right now. That's my predicition. This is not the genius you're looking for. This is a wannabe who thought he was the cleverest of clever clogs, and then proceeded to do everything to lead Moscow's finest straight to him in under two months. Doofus.

My opinion only.
It's interesting that Kohberger has found religion behind bars. A priest prays with him on Sunday evenings. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
An IMEI# is like a VIN for phones. Every phone has one and it's a unique indentifier. There are individual warrants for each of the victim's phones. Xana, Ethan and Maddie's warrants each have the IMEI # listed but Kaylee's warrant doesn't mention the IMEI#. It only has the last four digits of her phone number. Could it be that Kaylee's phone wasn't found so LE didn't know her IMEI?

Xana see page 11.
Maddie see page 11
Ethan see page 11
Kaylee see page 11

I apologize if someone has mentioned this, but MEID is for CDMA phones. IMEI is for GSM phones. Might be the difference between a Verizon iPhone and a T-mobile plan iPhone. Just a thought.

EDITED: fixed the acronym.

here is another example;

idk what the reason would be if BK was posing as a Dasher, but it would certainly explain those warrants. I have watched videos about the recent security changes, and this article and others as well as the videos and comments with the videos indicate that there are bad players doing this. could BK have done this to make contact of some sort? idk imo jmo worth considering.

Thank you! Definitely worth considering, but I suspect that BK didn’t have the necessary social network to supply him with a Door Dash account. Also, he’d have been able to have his own account, I’d think—no criminal record or anything. (And if he’d planned all along to do something criminal associated with it, he’d really be putting himself into someone else’s power—the hypothetical real DD account holder.)

And then there’s the dates requested—didn’t they start in January, when neither BK nor the victims were at the house? That made me wonder if it was some sort of a tip, not even connected with BK, that LE was following. Pure speculation, but visualize someone who’d lived at the house before the victims moved in, saying that there was a DD driver who was creepy.

MOO and wild speculation

It's interesting that Kohberger has found religion behind bars. A priest prays with him on Sunday evenings. <modsnip>
He also went to a Catholic college. We don't know how much of a role religion has played in his life. But claiming to be religious doesn't preclude being a killer. Dennis Rader, Gary Ridgway, and John List were all devoted church goers, some of them in leadership positions. Bundy experimented with various religions - he joined the LDS while in Utah. Didn't stop either killing or drinking, just liked the culture, I think, which I have discussed on the Daybell/Vallow thread as easy for predators to exploit. They certainly helped fund his defense in his trial, there. He was excommunicated after his conviction for kidnapping. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are countless others.

I think a lot of people also hook into religion behind bars for two reasons, optics at trial and appeals, and boredom. If he thinks it'll make him look better to a jury, it's worth it, and if he's getting regular visits from a chaplain of some sort, it's something to do that isn't just watching news articles about himself, which seems to be the other thing he's mostly doing, if we are to believe the Mail and his fellow prisoners.

Of course, I have absolutely no idea, and maybe he has genuinely turned into a penitent, interested in making amends and saving his soul. Now, that would be a miracle.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:

"A source with knowledge of the jail shared that the University of Idaho killing suspect has access to mental health services, but has not requested any visits with a professional."

BBM

But again I ask, why didn't Amazon get a warrant? Why didn't UPS drivers/FedEx drivers? Who was their mailman? IMO, it doesn't make sense to isolate DD with the above explanation. Are we thinking they never got Instacart? They didn't take the Uber-like service provided by the University back in January, February, March, etc? Why no warrants there? One thing is not like the others. There was something special about DD drivers beyond the one who delivered food that night. I'm just curious as to what that is.

MOO.
BBM: One speculated scenario: After analysing records from the financial records (or some of them as returned before 6 December) LE noticed a lot of orders during early morning hours going back months. Further investigation by expert detectives made LE decide there was PC to apply for the scope of DD warrant we see in the docs. MOO.

edited spelling

ETA: Imagining LE rationale at the time as for e.g: Following a lead/premisethat presented itself early in the investigation; LE might have premised- house could have been targetted, we have this bunch of early am orders from DD, could a DD driver have been targetting the house? lets get records to check this scenario based on the financials of victims (orders) and our experienced detectives' opinions. Speculation and MOO

Just an aside not directed to your post.:

IMO if DD warrant was related to BK then the 10 month scope would not be in it.

Edited again for clarity.

Last edited:
it sounds like LE suspected Kaylee was the intended target, at least it sounds that way to me. Otherwise I would have thought they'd at least seek info from Maddie and Xana at the same time. Ethan later only because he didn't live there. Hmmmm...
But wasn't Kaylee the one who wasn't expected to be at the house that night? Who had just come back to show her friends her new car? So how could BK have known for sure that Kaylee would be there, if she was indeed his target?

But wasn't Kaylee the one who wasn't expected to be at the house that night? Who had just come back to show her friends her new car? So how could BK have known for sure that Kaylee would be there, if she was indeed his target?
I don't think he could have known, just like he couldn't have known Ethan would be there. That's why I'm of the opinion, at this stage, with the little we know, that the people home was less important than the crime itself.

He could have made a guess at the potential number of folks in the house, and even who some of them were if he was familiar with the cars they drove from prior stalking, but Kaylee's new car would have been completely unfamiliar to him. It could have belonged to anyone. A new housemate, a friend crashing for the night, a partner or hookup of one of the single girls. And even with the cars, any of them could have stayed out or crashed somewhere else, meaning the number home could have been anything between five housemates and zero.

If he did have a single, preferred target, he had absolutely no way of knowing they were home. He didn't watch the house for hours, waiting for them all to return. He drove up, killed, and left. He judged the risk and decided it was worth it.

In my opinion, who he killed was less important than the fact that he killed.

MOO

SBMFF

Could it be something as simple as a referral? You know... Hey, love this bank, great rates! Or... the banks is offering a bonus for everyone you refer and creates an account? I know I have some accounts where both I & and referrer received bonuses. And I keep being offered up to $500 to refer more people on an annual basis. I've had those offers for years.

So with that said... I don't think it's so odd for people that know each other to be using the same financial institutions.

But how do four 20-somethings who don't seem to be from wealthy backgrounds have so much money in college that they even need this many financial institutions? As SGH said, it was like 8 or 9 different financial institutions counting the credit unions. I don't believe it's student loans (certainly not federal student loans, and they'd have no reason to get private loans). I get what you're saying about people knowing each other and having the same bank, but 8-9 different banks? And college aged kids, all of whom need that many?

This whole case is very weird.

MOO.

not legally. but there are lots of examples of posing out there, and it would explain the date/scope of the warrant
jmo imo
Another possibility (apologies if discussed already) - BK may have simply ordered DoorDash to be picked up, then posed as a driver to deliver to King Rd, just to provide him with an excuse to go there. With the number of students visiting or hanging out there, it may not have raised their eyebrows if a delivery came and they were not immediately sure who ordered it.

What is DoorDash pickup?
With DoorDash Pickup, customers have the option to bypass the Dasher and pickup their own orders when more convenient. When you receive an order from DoorDash through your protocol of choice (, email or tablet), the upper right hand of the order will state "Order Type: Pickup" if the consumer is coming to your restaurant to pickup their own order. No dasher will show up for pickup orders.

I don't think he could have known, just like he couldn't have known Ethan would be there. That's why I'm of the opinion, at this stage, with the little we know, that the people home was less important than the crime itself.

He could have made a guess at the potential number of folks in the house, and even who some of them were if he was familiar with the cars they drove from prior stalking, but Kaylee's new car would have been completely unfamiliar to him. It could have belonged to anyone. A new housemate, a friend crashing for the night, a partner or hookup of one of the single girls. And even with the cars, any of them could have stayed out or crashed somewhere else, meaning the number home could have been anything between five housemates and zero.

If he did have a single, preferred target, he had absolutely no way of knowing they were home. He didn't watch the house for hours, waiting for them all to return. He drove up, killed, and left. He judged the risk and decided it was worth it.

In my opinion, who he killed was less important than the fact that he killed.

MOO

Very intuitive!

I agree and personally think like you there was one girl targeted.

Sadly, you can probably stab someone to death in their sleep without barely making a noise. But he found 2 in a bed and it surprised him and got out of hand and longer for him and they made noise. This noise on the 3rd floor was picked up by the 2 on the second floor one of whom apparently came out to investigate.

I think there would have been 5 victims if he would have seen DM and not been focused on exiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou