4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 76

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reporting this post in case the site isn't allowed. It's the only one that makes it easier IMHO, Moo for me to see and understand the layout of the house. And I still have to go back to it fairly often to see specific things. I tend to hit the pause button and click on the rooms at my own pace. And two huge bonuses: one can view a couple of rooms in the dark, and one can zoom in, zoom out, and rotate the images to get a realistic view of what one would see from specific vantage points. To me the layout of this house isn't logical or intuitive, and I know I'd fail big time even if I'd looked at other floor plans, etc before hand. For that reason I believe the killer had been in the house before - possibly crashed a party or two. It's not logical or practical to go inside this particular house cold (or to know where any of the rooms were except for Maddie's because of her boots and M in her window). Edited for typo.
The link:

Last edited:
I'm still wondering about the lighting situation in the house that night. DM didn't mention that the person she saw was wearing a headlamp or shining a flashlight. To see an ID or even look for one, light would be necessary. Has anyone looked at the moon for that night (I think I recall seeing that it was full or close)? Of course, the murderer could have turned on a light, even if unlikely.
MOO house lights to see were likely left on.

The layout of that house is odd. Even after viewing photos of the house, I could not quickly
navigate that house in the dark or near dark. I've seen 3D videos, which make it more clear, but the real estate photos don't show a lot, including that step between the 3nd and 2nd floors.

If BK is the killer, IMO he had to have been in that house previously to navigate all of that and murder 4 people without tripping up or down the single stair or wandering around looking for victims.
Agree he knew where the upstairs bedroom was, MOO probaby info he could have put together from outside stalking.

I'm reporting this post in case the site isn't allowed. It's the only one that makes it easier IMHO, Moo for me to see and understand the layout of the house. And I still have to go back to it fairly often to see specific things. I tend to hit the pause button and click on the rooms at my own pace. And two huge bonuses: one can view a couple of rooms in the dark, and one can zoom in, zoom out, and rotate the images to get a realistic view of what one would see from specific vantage points. To me the layout of this house isn't logical or intuitive, and I know I'd fail big time even if I'd looked at other floor plans, etc before hand. For that reason I believe the killer had been in the house before - possibly crashing a party. It's not logical or practical to go inside this particular house cold (or to know where any of the rooms were except for Maddie's becuase of her boots and M in her window).
The link:
Thank you. Great clarification. That little step is from the hallway outside DM's door into the living room so BK would not have encountered it until he went after X & E. Looks like it might cause a stumble but not a pratfall to me. When he entered the sliding door in the kitchen & went upstairs, that little step would not have been in his path. I don't consider that one step into the living room to be adjacent to X's door. But YMMV.

Strictly my observations from the posted video using my Android, which is not ideal for this purpose.

Thank you. Great clarification. That little step is from the hallway outside DM's door into the living room so BK would not have encountered it until he went after X & E. Looks like it might cause a stumble but not a pratfall to me. When he entered the sliding door in the kitchen & went upstairs, that little step would not have been in his path. I don't consider that one step into the living room to be adjacent to X's door. But YMMV.

Strictly my observations from the posted video using my Android, which is not ideal for this purpose.
You're welcome. It really is the only way I'm able to understand where everyone was and the path he might have taken - and the path he had to have taken at certain points. And you're right, he could have avoided the step if he hadn't gone into Xana's room, and the step was just outside DM's room (not Xena's). IMHO

Home meaning his apartment in Pullman? Or is that still unclear?
The article says the items were found in his car at his parent's home, PA. The article is a bit all over the place, but that's the bottom line.

The article ends in melodramatic fashion, with Coffindaffer calling it a "smoking license" and Geragos saying it would be a "hurdle" for the defense if presented in court, but (imo) those statements are only true if they found a victim's ID. The police wouldn't confirm details for them, so either their source wouldn't say whose ID it was or the police found a bunch of BK's old ID's and newsnation is full of it. I will admit that it seems very odd to me for anyone to keep a collection of their own old IDs in a glove, in a box, in their car. Why fill up your car's glove box with something like that?

I also can't see someone keeping one victim's ID bound together with a bunch of their own old IDs. So now I'm wondering who all these IDs belonged to. Maybe he collected lady's IDs. I think it was @10ofRods who suggested he was a "hot prowler", which I believe is someone who enters someone else's home while the owner is there, often asleep.

Incoming speculation: A new scenario has suddenly occurred to me. I wonder if he has a history of identifying women that are out of his league, hot prowling them (remembering him asking wait staff where they live), staring at them while they sleep, taking their IDs and some other things as trophies, etc. He might follow them home, watch them, and build up to the hot prowling. He might have even had a uniform for this, that included a knife. He might have found it exciting. I can see that making a somewhat invisible person feel powerful. He might have escalated to the point that killing became inevitable, and he the way things unfolded, he ending up killing more people than he planned for. Or maybe he didn't plan to kill anyone that night and Xana being awake, or the two girls being in the same room together, started a chain reaction he lost control of. <end speculation> MOOoooo

The link leads to an article updated on March 2nd this year. It is old news and just reports on what we have known for ages re the Return of PA Warrants. Is there something to click within the article? I'm assuming the NN report everyone is talking about here has been updated? Apologies in advance if I am misunderstanding something, I could well be!

ETA: I just went back a page and read the actual report from NEWS Nation today ( i didn't bother reading here earlier taking the word of others as to the gist).. And to be perfectly honest, if that is it, then it is one of the biggest nothing burgers I've seen so far during the reporting of this case MOO ofcourse. It is completely vague and seems almost deliberately to be constructed that way. Deliberately obtuse. MOO.( NN news report link on previous page re the discovery of an ID). That Report is saying it was in the car still and I haven't seen an update.
I agree with you. I very much dislike that sort of wordplay. If you have the goods, you don't need to get cute with how you write it.

The article says the items were found in his car at his parent's home, PA. The article is a bit all over the place, but that's the bottom line.

The article ends in melodramatic fashion, with Coffindaffer calling it a "smoking license" and Geragos saying it would be a "hurdle" for the defense if presented in court, but (imo) those statements are only true if they found a victim's ID. The police wouldn't confirm details for them, so either their source wouldn't say whose ID it was or the police found a bunch of BK's old ID's and newsnation is full of it. I will admit that it seems very odd to me for anyone to keep a collection of their own old IDs in a glove, in a box, in their car. Why fill up your car's glove box with something like that?

I also can't see someone keeping one victim's ID bound together with a bunch of their own old IDs. So now I'm wondering who all these IDs belonged to. Maybe he collected lady's IDs. I think it was @10ofRods who suggested he was a "hot prowler", which I believe is someone who enters someone else's home while the owner is there, often asleep.

Incoming speculation: A new scenario has suddenly occurred to me. I wonder if he has a history of identifying women that are out of his league, hot prowling them (remembering him asking wait staff where they live), staring at them while they sleep, taking their IDs and some other things as trophies, etc. He might follow them home, watch them, and build up to the hot prowling. He might have even had a uniform for this, that included a knife. He might have found it exciting. I can see that making a somewhat invisible person feel powerful. He might have escalated to the point that killing became inevitable, and he the way things unfolded, he ending up killing more people than he planned for. Or maybe he didn't plan to kill anyone that night and Xana being awake, or the two girls being in the same room together, started a chain reaction he lost control of. <end speculation> MOOoooo

It could also be that he had fake ID's for himself hiding his real identity.

I’d expect a driver’s license to be in a purse, or something, but I find it very easy to believe that something like a pin-on name tag would be lying on the dresser.

Hmm, if the DL had been carried in a pants pocket, I’d think it’d be out of the pocket and on the dresser, to be transferred to the new pair of pants in the morning—no easier way to lose things than to leave them in your pockets overnight.

So, IF this is true, maybe he just saw something in plain sight and grabbed it. I agree that he didn’t really have time for a search.

MOO
Were the girls carrying purses in the Grub truck video?

Yes it can be used. I just saw Other Acts Evidence used in a trial last year. Prosecution filed a motion to use specific acts and defense filed motion arguing against using the specific acts. Some acts were allowed into trial by the judge.

IDAHO

Crimes, Wrongs, or Other Acts.

Permitted Uses; Notice in a Criminal Case.

Such as proving motive, opportunity, intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, identity, absence of mistake, or lack of accident.

In a criminal case, the prosecutor must:

(A) file and serve reasonable notice of the general nature of any such evidence that the prosecutor intends to offer at trial; and

(B) do so reasonably in advance of trial – or during trial if the court, for good cause shown, excuses lack of pretrial notice.

(Adopted March 26, 2018, effective July 1, 2018.)
It would really depend on what sort of evidence of past "stalking" was being sought to be offered. In general, it would not be admissible. Regardless, the prosecution will need to file a motion for 404(b) evidence before trial to explain its reason, and of course the defense will be able to object and respond.

I'm reporting this post in case the site isn't allowed. It's the only one that makes it easier IMHO, Moo for me to see and understand the layout of the house. And I still have to go back to it fairly often to see specific things. I tend to hit the pause button and click on the rooms at my own pace. And two huge bonuses: one can view a couple of rooms in the dark, and one can zoom in, zoom out, and rotate the images to get a realistic view of what one would see from specific vantage points. To me the layout of this house isn't logical or intuitive, and I know I'd fail big time even if I'd looked at other floor plans, etc before hand. For that reason I believe the killer had been in the house before - possibly crashed a party or two. It's not logical or practical to go inside this particular house cold (or to know where any of the rooms were except for Maddie's because of her boots and M in her window). Edited for typo.
The link:
Not familiar with the source, but the majority of the imagery appears factual.

It is approved with the caveat that we do not know who the content creator is, and the one image that may be of question is the one of Bedroom 3A showing the location of the knife sheath on the bed, so IMO that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Not familiar with the source, but the majority of the imagery appears factual.

It is approved with the caveat that we do not know who the content creator is, and the one image that may be of question is the one of Bedroom 3A showing the location of the knife sheath on the bed, so IMO that should be taken with a grain of salt.
Thank you!

RBBM
Could you share images that illustrate this? X's door is not "adjacent" to the kitchen. You have to be in the living room to see her door.

Not trying to be argumentative but facts matter.
Thanks.
Sorry, that was worded oddly, The "her" in the bolded portion is DM
There is a 3D tour of the house (not the narrated one floating around) that shows the rooms and the steps. I'm messaging a mod to check the source.

Last edited:
"An ID connected to someone..." Whose ID?
The article says it's the ID of someone connected to the homicides. So that limits it to either the killer/s or one of the victims. It certainly wouldn't be news if they found BK's own ID in his parent's house. So either a) Newsnation is twisting information to create a story out of thin air, b) there is an accomplice we don't know about yet, or c) it's a victim's ID. I guess we will find out in June.
@maskedwoman Interesting thoughts. NN's phrasing* struck me as, well, unusual.

IF a legit source actually had info re the ID & provided the info to NN, why not reveal the NAME on ID?
Or even specify "one of the deceased victims?"
Or "one of the surviving roommates?"
Did source not tell NN?

And WHO ELSE may be "connected?" What does that mean?
Is DD driver "connected" by making delivery that a.m? His ID?

Which points my thoughts toward your "thin air" possibility above.

I would have to believe he PLANNED TO KILL that evening or nobody would be dead. I'm not sure a pattern of "hot prowling" if true really matters if this is a targeted crime, which IMO it clearly was.

I appreciate any insight we can get into these crimes & the perp but I am not comfortable with myth-building. I like facts.

He's a small person in every way except maybe his height. The banality of his evil ways is most striking to me. He pulled off mass murder in darkness with sleeping/resting victims, which was not exactly done well - beyond that there is nothing remarkable about him.

MOP

And you're right, he could have avoided the step if he hadn't gone into Xana's room, and the step was just outside DM's room (not Xena's). IMHO
Thank you for sharing this! I'm rather diagram dyslexic (is that a thing?) and this helped because I was able to see just how the stairs worked. He could so expediently have gone in the sliding door, gone upstairs, killed K&M, and left imo jmo - why go to Xana's room? what made that happen? is she the one who said 'someone's here' and he panicked? Why skip DM's room? She is so lucky! I can't imagine the terror she must live with. imo jmo And why not just sneak out and leave unless X&E (or at least X) came face-to-face with him? Imo jmo

When this was first described, and we were told they were all sleeping soundly, the was one horrible thing, but awake, aware, terrified - really layers of horror. imo jmo it's important for this full story to be told to make sense of it so we can collectively understand. that's jmo imo.

We don't know that it wasn't replaced do we? As I mentioned earlier, student IDs often are lost and must be replaced. If it had been a work ID or DL, we wouldn't know if it had been replaced but I expect LE would (assuming the story is true and I don't assume that. I still remember JC swearing Brian Laundrie was in Mexico where his parents hid him as late as a few days before his skeleton was found in the FL swamp where his parents publicly said he went. So I take this story with a chunk of salt.)

JMO
I've seen the update about the report. If true that the story was "muted" the other day, I can see why.

IIRC there are already several pages from several threads ago discussing cards in a glove inside a box inside a glovebox.

Regardless of whatever was reported yesterday (nothing) there were cards of some kind in BKs possession. So the questions sort of remain valid as far as wondering where they came from etc. Except IMO it wouldn't be right to rehash that old news again in a new thread at the risk of being hypocritical considering the criticisms of NN lol. MOO.

The ID Which NewsNation Cloaks in Mystery?
I just went back a page and read the actual report from NEWS Nation today... completely vague and seems almost deliberately to be constructed that way. Deliberately obtuse...
snipped for focus @jepop Yep, once again, great minds, etc. (But I type very s l o w l y.)

Also @maskedwoman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member