4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 76

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO If the leak to NN is true, it came from someone in PA who knew about the case. I revisited comments made by Monroe County First Assistant Michael Mancuso who gave an interview in March RE: the arrest in the kitchen of the Kohberger PA home.
"As far as the other items, two could play a big role in court."

At the time I thought the 2 other items were the shoes and cheek swab which are mentioned after the comment above. Now I am wondering if the 2 other items were really the ID and the cyberstalking evidence. Not saying this is where the info came from but it makes more sense to me. PA most likely would not be as worried about the Idaho judge's gag order.

Speculation. JMO

The Monroe County District Attorney’s office sheds light on the Idaho murder suspect’s arrest after a search warrant is released.

Last edited:
According to the warrants linked by SGH, Kaylee had one too, dating back to 2021. Is it possible BK saw either of them there?
I want to know when he first penned his Master's questions -- namely, how did you choose your victims. I think he had marginal contact with one victim maybe even in 2021, maybe known to the victim maybe not. Online, in person, in line at Target, somewhere real or somewhere virtual..... and that's all it took for him. Instant obsession. Instant predation. And it impacted and directed his every next action.

Interestingly K seemed maybe to have a sixth sense about this stuff.... but what if it was M who was, in fact, being stalked -- but K felt it, noticed it? Didn't realize M was the common denominator.

I'm going to guess he'd been in the house prior. Stealth mode. Watching people sleep, for instance. Collecting trinkets perhaps. Slinking in, slinking out. Gaining confidence. Notings paths of ingress, noting paths of egress. Talking to Murphy. Practicing that step down.

He may have helped himself to that ID on any one of his reconnaissance passes. Owner may have been perplexed about how her ID/DL/badge disappeared but never imagined a boogeyman in the night.

Seems quite possible to me that he disposed of everything from the night/morning of the murders. Kept the ID because he'd already been keeping it.

JMO

My point was that just because DM identified 3 elements that fit BK DOES NOT MEAN that her same ID doesn't fit a number of other young men.

"Dark clothing"? Isn't that everyone? How will the DA prove what BK was wearing during the hour of the murders?

I didn't say DM's testimony will be unimportant, just that--and by her own admission if we believe MPD--she doesn't claim to have identified Bryan Kohberger out of all males in the region.

Honestly, I don't think I posted anything profound enough to cause controversy!
My response wasn't meant to be critical and you certainly didn't cause controversy with me. I just responded calmly, maybe it didn't translate well.

I wonder if BK is a count-er.

If he'd been in the house prior, he may have become quite familiar with the lay-out. From all points.

He may have known exactly how many steps there were from each landmark to the next.

If he were focused on counting, that might explain how he missed DM opening her door as he passed by it.

It might also explain how he navigated that surprise step mid-house.

Similarly, he talks to himself. Sometimes out loud. He may have been lecturing himself (in his head). Chastising himself. Soothing himself. Congratulating himself. Replaying his script. Blaming (any additional) victims for spoiling his careful plan. Walking himself through the important steps of his exit plan, as rehearsed. (Return to car, strip off outer layer/add additional layer, bundle weapon and clothing, remove gloves/don new gloves, etc, etc.).

Any of that may have contributed to his surprising lack of awareness if DM clicking open her door didn't register for him.

JMO

The thing that popped out to me is IF he was searching for an ID there'd be more DNA left behind than was on the sheath. Don't most people keep their license in a wallet? Or a purse? While I'm sure someone might do this, I'm thinking it's rare for people to leave their ID out where it could be easily picked up without touching anything. I gave up purses and wallets long ago but my license is still "in" something (my pants pocket). I don't leave it sitting out on a dresser/desk/counter, etc.
When I was in college, I'd only take my DL or ID and some cash and put them in my pocket before I went out. I didn't want to keep an eye on a purse. When I got back, I'd empty my pockets and throw it on the dresser when I was changing for bed.

I don't do that now as an adult, but I don't find it odd at all that any of their ID's or DL would be tossed on a dresser after a night out.

JMO

It could have been on a table by the bed.It could have been something like a nametag from one of the 2 who were waitresses.Wouldn't have had to be a search.
I'm still wondering about the lighting situation in the house that night. DM didn't mention that the person she saw was wearing a headlamp or shining a flashlight. To see an ID or even look for one, light would be necessary. Has anyone looked at the moon for that night (I think I recall seeing that it was full or close)? Of course, the murderer could have turned on a light, even if unlikely.

When I was in college, I'd only take my DL or ID and some cash and put them in my pocket before I went out. I didn't want to keep an eye on a purse. When I got back, I'd empty my pockets and throw it on the dresser when I was changing for bed.

I don't do that now as an adult, but I don't find it odd at all that any of their ID's or DL would be tossed on a dresser after a night out.

JMO
This is exactly what I did. ID and a check card or cash in my back pocket. I also lost a lost of student IDs. It could be one of those.

Yes, I was going to query that too. Not saying it is not important info, but would it be admissable in this trial? MOO
IMO (and too many TV crime shows!), the judge would have to allow it or not. The DA would want to include it and the defense would argue against it.

I'm torn as to whether to believe this, since they seem to have gotten so much "breaking" information from Reddit, etc., but HUGE if true. I wonder if this is one of the ID cards found in the glove in the box?
So, yes, this is NewsNation but the byline includes Chris Cuomo (new to NewsNation? I didn't realize he was writing for them). It also includes the hit-and-miss opinions of Coffindaffer.

HOWEVER, it's a big deal, because it seems to say that ID found in BK's car was from one of the victims (and apparently was found outside of Idaho - so no gag order):

I was about to say critical things about NewsNation but often, taking up every lead is useful.

What was Bryan Kohberger doing with an ID from one of the victims?

If this is true/accurate/verified/placed into evidence, this is huge. And I'm not surprised that BK is yet another one of the Cuckoo Sadists who commit murder, if true.

IMO.

I wonder if BK is a count-er.

If he'd been in the house prior, he may have become quite familiar with the lay-out. From all points.

He may have known exactly how many steps there were from each landmark to the next.

If he were focused on counting, that might explain how he missed DM opening her door as he passed by it.

It might also explain how he navigated that surprise step mid-house.

Similarly, he talks to himself. Sometimes out loud. He may have been lecturing himself (in his head). Chastising himself. Soothing himself. Congratulating himself. Replaying his script. Blaming (any additional) victims for spoiling his careful plan. Walking himself through the important steps of his exit plan, as rehearsed. (Return to car, strip off outer layer/add additional layer, bundle weapon and clothing, remove gloves/don new gloves, etc, etc.).

Any of that may have contributed to his surprising lack of awareness if DM clicking open her door didn't register for him.

JMO
The layout of that house is odd. Even after viewing photos of the house, I could not quickly
navigate that house in the dark or near dark. I've seen 3D videos, which make it more clear, but the real estate photos don't show a lot, including that step between the 3nd and 2nd floors.

If BK is the killer, IMO he had to have been in that house previously to navigate all of that and murder 4 people without tripping up or down the single stair or wandering around looking for victims.

JMO but I think it could be an ID he had used that day as a staff member/grad student. His personal ID. Maybe he used it that very day to gain access to a university office so now it is relevant to the case?
The article says it's the ID of someone connected to the homicides. So that limits it to either the killer/s or one of the victims. It certainly wouldn't be news if they found BK's own ID in his parent's house. So either a) Newsnation is twisting information to create a story out of thin air, b) there is an accomplice we don't know about yet, or c) it's a victim's ID. I guess we will find out in June.

Question, was the step before or after DM's door? Might he have been the thud? Tripped on the step?
He would have had to step UP it to go to Xana's room, and would have been stepping DOWN it when D saw him passing her to go to the kitchen. I did a deep dive with real estate photos a while ago.

ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 71

If you hit the 'up' arrow to go back through the replies, you'll get to my post where I linked all the real estate photos and explained the presumed flow of movement from Xana's room, past D's room, and out the kitchen sliding door.

MOO

Perhaps BK spotted the ID and forgot all about the sheath? For some reason I am imagining that the ID belongs to either KG or MM for some reason.

If BK took it on a previous occasion I'm assuming it must have been old or expired ID otherwise wouldn't the owner report it missing or try to replace it?
Only if they were still alive when it was taken.

Question, was the step before or after DM's door? Might he have been the thud? Tripped on the step?
It's before her room. IF someone entered from the Kitchen he would have to step up into the living room. IN the same way, to get from Xana's room to the kitchen, he'd have to go down the step; it's adjacent to her door.

IMO, If tripping up or down the step caused a thud, DM would have heard it as it would have been right outside her door.

It's before her room. IF someone entered from the Kitchen he would have to step up into the living room. IN the same way, to get from Xana's room to the kitchen, he'd have to go down the step; it's adjacent to her door.

IMO, If tripping up or down the step caused a thud, DM would have heard it as it would have been right outside her door.
RBBM
Could you share images that illustrate this? X's door is not "adjacent" to the kitchen. You have to be in the living room to see her door.

Not trying to be argumentative but facts matter.
Thanks.

It was updated this morning and says home now.
The link leads to an article updated on March 2nd this year. It is old news and just reports on what we have known for ages re the Return of PA Warrants. Is there something to click within the article? I'm assuming the NN report everyone is talking about here has been updated? Apologies in advance if I am misunderstanding something, I could well be!

ETA: I just went back a page and read the actual report from NEWS Nation today ( i didn't bother reading here earlier taking the word of others as to the gist).. And to be perfectly honest, if that is it, then it is one of the biggest nothing burgers I've seen so far during the reporting of this case MOO ofcourse. It is completely vague and seems almost deliberately to be constructed that way. Deliberately obtuse. MOO.( NN news report link on previous page re the discovery of an ID). That Report is saying it was in the car still and I haven't seen an update.

Last edited:
Good points, @Gemmie

I know people who leave their cards (IDs/credit/debit) "out" in their household (unsuspecting on a table or in a drawer or on a windowsill) that could be "scooped up" by someone in person who walked through there, and they may not have noticed.

Especially now when so many transactions are done online, and they may have all that info in a spreadsheet or on their apps and not even remember where they kept their actual cards.

But I don't know how the 3 young women who were killed and Ethan managed their cards.

MOO

K and M were at a bar the night/morning of the murders so they would have needed their ID. Do photos of them at the grub truck show they were carrying purses? If not, their IDs could have been in their pockets, and they may have put them on their desks, night tables, or other when they went to bed, rather than leave them in their coat or pant pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member