4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us not familiar with that case MG …. Where did they find in it in that car you are referring to??? Out of interest …..
In the case I’m referring to, they found DNA that had been tried to be destroyed by bleach. Our boy here, prob tried similar means. But he had to have left that house covered in blood, and he was cleaning his car for a reason while being observed by law enforcement.

You simply can’t get it all. Bye bye <modsnip - profanity>

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have. I was responding to the thought you noted that if he was involved in a lesser crime, it could be motive to hold back an alibi. That doesn’t make sense to me.

Oh, in my opinion, based on decades researching true crime, and as a lawyer in general, the evidence is incredible.

The investigators did an impeccable job and built an exceedingly strong case. To recap:

1. A white sedan was captured on security footage leaving the area of WSU, on their security cameras, the morning of the murders.
  2. What looked to be the same white sedan was captured crossing state lines from WA to ID right before 3:00 a.m.
  3. A white sedan was captured on security cameras traveling towards the victims’ residence the morning of the murders, at 3:30 am.
  4. The same car appeared to pass by the house several times thereafter.
  5. The same car departed the area of the house at a high rate of speed, at 4:20 am.
  6. A white sedan, appearing to be the same car in all the footage, crossed back over state lines into WA at 5:30 am.
  7. BK was a student at WSU at the time.
  8. BK drove a white Elantra that matched the vehicles seen in the footage.
  9. BK was put on the radar after a search of all white sedans registered to students at WSU, due to tracing the footage of the sedan, from and to WSU. Not because BK is some weird guy. The evidence led to him.
  10. BK’s cell phone records were thereafter searched and showed that on the morning of the murders, his phone pinged leaving his residence in Pullman, WA, at 2:47 am.
  11. Those same records thereafter did not ping for the next two hours, as if it was turned off.
  12. Then, at 4:48 am, his phone pings south of Moscow, ID, just into WA.
  13. The pings match almost perfectly with the security footage of the white sedan, which is the car BK drives.
  14. His cell then pinged again, at around 9:00 am, at the crime scene, prior to the time police were called. So back in Moscow.
  15. Phone records showed BK’s phone was also at the crime scene 12 times in the early morning or late at night, prior to the murders. And yet there is zero evidence that the victims knew BK or had any dealings with him of any kind.
  16. DNA from his family’s trash in PA showed that the genetic material belonged to the father of the person whose DNA was found on a knife sheath at the scene of the crime.
  17. The knife sheath found at the scene matches the type of weapon used to stab the victims.
This is incredible evidence. Phenomenal.
Nice recap!

I might have. I was responding to the thought you noted that if he was involved in a lesser crime, it could be motive to hold back an alibi. That doesn’t make sense to me.

Oh, in my opinion, based on decades researching true crime, and as a lawyer in general, the evidence is incredible.

The investigators did an impeccable job and built an exceedingly strong case. To recap:

1. A white sedan was captured on security footage leaving the area of WSU, on their security cameras, the morning of the murders.
  2. What looked to be the same white sedan was captured crossing state lines from WA to ID right before 3:00 a.m.
  3. A white sedan was captured on security cameras traveling towards the victims’ residence the morning of the murders, at 3:30 am.
  4. The same car appeared to pass by the house several times thereafter.
  5. The same car departed the area of the house at a high rate of speed, at 4:20 am.
  6. A white sedan, appearing to be the same car in all the footage, crossed back over state lines into WA at 5:30 am.
  7. BK was a student at WSU at the time.
  8. BK drove a white Elantra that matched the vehicles seen in the footage.
  9. BK was put on the radar after a search of all white sedans registered to students at WSU, due to tracing the footage of the sedan, from and to WSU. Not because BK is some weird guy. The evidence led to him.
  10. BK’s cell phone records were thereafter searched and showed that on the morning of the murders, his phone pinged leaving his residence in Pullman, WA, at 2:47 am.
  11. Those same records thereafter did not ping for the next two hours, as if it was turned off.
  12. Then, at 4:48 am, his phone pings south of Moscow, ID, just into WA.
  13. The pings match almost perfectly with the security footage of the white sedan, which is the car BK drives.
  14. His cell then pinged again, at around 9:00 am, at the crime scene, prior to the time police were called. So back in Moscow.
  15. Phone records showed BK’s phone was also at the crime scene 12 times in the early morning or late at night, prior to the murders. And yet there is zero evidence that the victims knew BK or had any dealings with him of any kind.
  16. DNA from his family’s trash in PA showed that the genetic material belonged to the father of the person whose DNA was found on a knife sheath at the scene of the crime.
  17. The knife sheath found at the scene matches the type of weapon used to stab the victims.
This is incredible evidence. Phenomenal.
Incredible indeed. And it really is that black and white when it all comes down to it.

No matter how coincidental …car, gloves, living nearby, I can’t imagine thinking my brother would be guilty of multiple homicides ever. I’m curious what sort of childhood background could make a sister suspect this. Fire setting? Animal cruelty? Sadistic?

I'm not sure whether you've ever followed the Sherman murders in Toronto in December 2017. Barry and Honey Sherman were the billionaire owners of Apotex a generic drug manufacturer. They were found deceased several days after their deaths tied to a railing around their indoor pool. One of the daughter's of the Sherman's suspects her brother had something to do with their deaths. I don't think there was any indication of fire setting, animal cruelty or garden variety sadism in the childrens' lives to suspect a sibling, only his behavior after the deaths. It is an open investigation at a cold case status.

Just mentioned it as I read about it in MSM, that one of BK's sisters may have had concerns. Looks like an unnamed source, so of course, take it with grains of salt, and MOO:

Bryan Kohberger’s sister feared he was involved in Idaho murders
No matter how coincidental …car, gloves, living nearby, I can’t imagine thinking my brother would be guilty of multiple homicides ever. I’m curious what sort of childhood background could make a sister suspect this. Fire setting? Animal cruelty? Sadistic?
I'm not sure whether you've ever followed the Sherman murders in Toronto in December 2017. Barry and Honey Sherman were the billionaire owners of Apotex a generic drug manufacturer. They were found deceased several days after their deaths tied to a railing around their indoor pool. One of the daughter's of the Sherman's suspects her brother had something to do with their deaths. I don't think there was any indication of fire setting, animal cruelty or garden variety sadism in the childrens' lives to suspect a sibling, only his behavior after the deaths. It is an open investigation at a cold case status.
I tend to trust siblings’ judgement of each other, assuming no ulterior motives. Bryan seems uniquely manipulative, perverted and cruel. That can’t happen over night, I wouldn’t think. Gruesome case. Made more obscene by his chilling scholarship and academic erudition into killers like his alleged self.…as if he set it up deliberately with legal pitfalls so he can walk free after slaughtering a houseful of young innocents about to launch happy good lives.

"The defense has been provided with a photograph of a DVD entered into evidence as Item 435, 23M-0085 labeled as “SW Audio. There is also a notation that this DVD was copied to county on 1/13/23."

Wonder what SW Audio is.
When I google SW audio definition, the top result is shortwave radio.

Attachments

• 6E542F68-1779-4B7C-9F6C-93A4A4ACFFB5.jpeg
    6E542F68-1779-4B7C-9F6C-93A4A4ACFFB5.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
In the case I’m referring to, they found DNA that had been tried to be destroyed by bleach. Our boy here, prob tried similar means. But he had to have left that house covered in blood, and he was cleaning his car for a reason while being observed by law enforcement.

You simply can’t get it all. Bye bye <modsnip - profanity>
That needs to be added to the list of evidence. He’s cleaning his car out with bleach. He’s putting his trash in PA into neighbor’s trash cans instead of his family’s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had numerous thoughts about this case ….
At first I was thinking the Ex soldier who was shot by police had done it but in such a way as to leave red herrings which led then to a different subject ( Bk )
Then I thought coukd it have been BK with another as the image of killing 4 noiselessly couldn’t process in my mind

Then I thought no it was him but he made a mistake leaving behind the DNA and he just considered himself too clever to have left evidence against himself ie car hard to identify , phone off , excuses ready
However the recent refusal to be interviewed or state an alibi sing out to me of a person who did it, wanted to be caught , but want to play with the legal loopholes to figure a way to get out of it as proof of his intellect and understanding of law . With no regard to the 4 lives taken.

The other option is he was set up by an equally clever mastermind who took his knife sheath, his car , his phone not to mention had knowledge of his strange trash habits and sample of his dna and set this up to frame BK whilst committing atrocities

All too convoluted and conniving plans but at the end of the day I fall towards he did it and this needs speedy resolution
These legal wrangling s and stays etc must be hell for the families
Quote:
recent refusal to be interviewed

BK refused to be interviewed? By who?
He should only talk to his attorneys.

The investigation was impeccable. Really amazing.

For clarity are we talking about this investigation? The reason why I'm asking is this website is swinging back and forth between poking holes and saying impeccable. I'm going to guess it was somewhere in between (that's not the point) I want to make sure I'm understanding what was said.

For clarity are we talking about this investigation? The reason why I'm asking is this website is swinging back and forth between poking holes and saying impeccable. I'm going to guess it was somewhere in between (that's not the point) I want to make sure I'm understanding what was said.

Yes. I’m talking about this investigation. That’s my opinion. This is one of the tightest and productive investigations I’ve seen. What they accomplished in the amount of time that they worked after the murders, and how they did it, was amazing to me. Beautiful work.

I’ve been on this site for 19-20 years which makes me think there’s a reasonable basis for my opinion. It seems that many of the sleuthers who’ve been here for a long time have a similar opinion.

Is this something that is normally given to someone who's being prosecuted? I can't imagine it is but???

The state did not object to giving it to the defense. If the prosecution thinks the defense is not entitled to certain information they object to handing it over.

This was their response:

The State has responded that they are attempting to obtain this information. If it exists, the State will comply with this request upon receipt.

The defense knows that the audio exists. From the request:

The defense has been provided with a photograph of a DVD entered into evidence as Item 435,23M-0085 labeledas SW Audio. There is also a notation that this DVD was copied to county on 1/13/23.

Last edited:

I think most people posting on these many threads (some of whom are only lurking now or only check in once in a while) find no fault with the investigation.

That's just my perception, though. I don't see any flaws in the investigation and I work in forensics. There have been some extraordinary claims made about the DNA analysis, but given the facts we have, I think they knew exactly what they were doing.

The very fact that they brought in Amido black (appropriately) should be a more frequent point of discussion. Yet, every time we start to talk about the why of this decision, people get hung up on their being only "one" latent footprint. It's physically impossible for there to be only one latent footprint, but the others probably turned up with a more standard analysis (I don't think they used luminol - I think it was a similar product). When luminol turned up prints, the prints gradually faded (would love to know where they started - I assume at Xana's room).

So they went to Amido black to see if they could find the route taken by this Vans-wearing person as he went to the exit. That means they also have the gait impression of this killer, as well as his shoe size and overall foot impression (forensic footprint work is awesome and an entire subspecialty with experts in various places, one of whom will likely have already weighed in on what is known about the person from their footprint).

This information is, IMO, already in the hands of the Defense who would surely look carefully at it and file a motion if the shoe size was wildly off. It's not wildly off, IMO.

LE, FBI and other investigators/lab professionals are not prone to making tons of mistakes and I can't think of any publicly reported mistakes.

IMO.

Yes. I’m talking about this investigation. That’s my opinion. This is one of the tightest and productive investigations I’ve seen. What they accomplished in the amount of time that they worked after the murders, and how they did it, was amazing to me. Beautiful work.

I’ve been on this site for 19-20 years which makes me think there’s a reasonable basis for my opinion. It seems that many of the sleuthers who’ve been here for a long time have a similar opinion.
Agree. The evidence as is, is convincing BARD.

MOO Not convicting him will depend on excluding evidence, which is the famous "if the facts are not on your side, attack the law."

Winning an aquittal on successfully eliminating relevant evidence is not "innocence," it's "not guilty" by the jury not having all the facts for one reason or another.
And that is what AT is up to right now, trying to find significant lapses in the professionalism or errors within the investigation to try and eliminate relevant evidence.

Last edited:

I am glad to hear it. I feel that too but get a bit disheartened with all the hole poking. That's why I wanted the clarification and I appreciate it very much. I think the FBI involvement was a game changer, and I really appreciate your opinion and hope you're right!!

I think most people posting on these many threads (some of whom are only lurking now or only check in once in a while) find no fault with the investigation.

That's just my perception, though. I don't see any flaws in the investigation and I work in forensics. There have been some extraordinary claims made about the DNA analysis, but given the facts we have, I think they knew exactly what they were doing.

The very fact that they brought in Amido black (appropriately) should be a more frequent point of discussion. Yet, every time we start to talk about the why of this decision, people get hung up on their being only "one" latent footprint. It's physically impossible for there to be only one latent footprint, but the others probably turned up with a more standard analysis (I don't think they used luminol - I think it was a similar product). When luminol turned up prints, the prints gradually faded (would love to know where they started - I assume at Xana's room).

So they went to Amido black to see if they could find the route taken by this Vans-wearing person as he went to the exit. That means they also have the gait impression of this killer, as well as his shoe size and overall foot impression (forensic footprint work is awesome and an entire subspecialty with experts in various places, one of whom will likely have already weighed in on what is known about the person from their footprint).

This information is, IMO, already in the hands of the Defense who would surely look carefully at it and file a motion if the shoe size was wildly off. It's not wildly off, IMO.

LE, FBI and other investigators/lab professionals are not prone to making tons of mistakes and I can't think of any publicly reported mistakes.

IMO.
BBM. Good points!

Another reason that footprint is such a compelling piece of evidence is that it was found in the same area as where the witness said she saw the masked man. Without the print, the defense would have gone after her testimony and try to taint it by questioning how much alcohol she had consumed that night.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member