4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought about that a lot and the only thing I can imagine is with BK being so forensically aware, he would know that re-entering the premises is going to leave such a huge trail of evidence, it's better to take the risk of leaving it.

Also, I imagine he wouldn't be totally sure where it got lost and depending how things unfolded and if he made a stop off in his car to dispose of a bag of soiled clothing hastily disgarded, burned or dumped in a deep lake, might hope that it was gone forever.

It could account for him approaching the house again, might hope it was lost on a footpath or such rather than in the house?

Either that or he left it on purpose feeling assured he'd never so much as touched it.

JMO MOO and *if* guilty of course
Is it mentioned if the victim who the sheath was found under if her dna was found on it? (They were lying on it weren’t they?)

The handprint...

Tightens up the timeline IMO.

I see this:

Xana goes downstairs ahead of 4am, to intercept her DD food quietly. The house was quiet, the slider was closed.

Xana eats in the stairwell. Watches TikTok....

Finishes her food, goes to the kitchen. The slider is open, no one is around. She closes the door. It's odd. She sets her food by the sink, washes her hands, then goes to her room to tell Ethan there's someone there ....

When BK goes to leave, the slider is closed. Handprint.

In all his script rehearsing, he never anticipated someone closing his door....

He either opens it or abandons it, leaving by way of the lowest level, from where he easily may have stripped down, to nudity or a bodysuit of some sort.

Years ago, a Midwest teen was abducted by a man with virtually no digital footprint and no criminal history. Saw the girl at a bus stop. His archive attempt, he shot his way in, decimating her parents at close range, abducted her leaving nary a trace of himself. Showered and shaved away all his body hair ahead of time. LE speeding toward the location of the 911 met the kidnapper on the highway, he pulled aside to let them pass, a courtesy that rendered him invisible to them. (She was only rescued months later because she escaped his lair.)

BK took measures IMO to reduce transfer, in both directions.

Those very measures will ultimately seal his fate.

JmO

Interesting info, thank you. It's hard to correlate someone this socially incompetent with someone also academically intelligent. Sounds like he was very arrogant and inappropriate with it.

You'd have thought someone fairly academic would have studied 'how to chat to women' or 'how to meet new people' and applied logical suggestion if he was struggling in that area. Or occupied himself with interesting past times and hobbies.

Strange.
One can study how to interact with others but still be unable to act appropriately. I think BK has more going on than just being socially awkward.

As far as having no connection to the victims, do we all here on WS have a connection? I am curious as to exactly what “no connection” means. Does that mean BK never scrolled through the victims’ social media, or does it mean they never spoke?

Am I right in thinking BK had trained in martial art or combat or boxing?

If so, as any fool know, rule numbers one and two is never ever attempt to utilise a weapon that you aren't familiar with handling, never ever use a weapon if there's any chance that it can be taken from you and used against you by your opponent.

Therefore, my argument is he must have been practising both using, brandishing, and stabbing, and also ensuring the weapon stayed in his grip.

My main worry if using a large knife would be that it could very easily slip out of my grip. Also did he not sustain any accidental injuries himself with such a weapon if he did this frenzied attack? Seems almost impossible one wouldn't.

I’m sorry to just randomly drop this thought in here, but it’s something I can’t seem to move from. In my thinking- the perpetrator left the scene with an uncovered blade?! So maybe the blade did NOT leave the scene?! Just a thought mind you. Of my own.
I have seen speculation that the blade broke, which is why he exited quickly, and why DM survived, and she didn't notice a weapon if bk was just carrying a handle stub. It tracks, but MOO.

I was led to believe from his defence that there was NO connection to any of victims. Just the victims? that’s what was stated wasn’t it by Anne Taylor?
I believe very little of what defense attorneys say, unless it’s backed up by evidence. In time we’ll know.

Yes, I’m aware that Ms Taylor is highly respected. I’d still need to know precisely what her definition of ‘no connection’—preferably as analyzed by a very sharp prosecution attorney who could think of all the little loopholes she might have left for herself.

MOO, I thought what AT didn't explicitly say was more interesting. I think that "connection" would mean mutual interaction. So "no connection" means the girls did not respond to his DMs, as has been rumored/specified.

One can study how to interact with others but still be unable to act appropriately. I think BK has more going on than just being socially awkward.

As far as having no connection to the victims, do we all here on WS have a connection? I am curious as to exactly what “no connection” means. Does that mean BK never scrolled through the victims’ social media, or does it mean they never spoke?

AFAIK we don't officially know. There's been talk of BK having maybe interacted with one or two of the young women at their place of work or via their social media accounts but this is not verified information thus far.

I have seen speculation that the blade broke, which is why he exited quickly, and why DM survived, and she didn't notice a weapon if bk was just carrying a handle stub. It tracks, but MOO.

MOO, I thought what AT didn't explicitly say was more interesting. I think that "connection" would mean mutual interaction. So "no connection" means the girls did not respond to his DMs, as has been rumored/specified.

Very good point about what AT may have meant!

What did the prosecution say “speculation ” to and the Judge replied that it wasn’t speculation as Miss Taylor had asked for whatever it was SPECIFICALLY? And then Judge Judge gave 14 of July date? (Bit embarrassing for the prosecution IMO like she wasn’t paying attention to what was being asked for. Oops!)
That was regarding training records of three officers in the first motion to compel.

1688161013005.png

State is not willing to give us those training records, Taylor said. The three police officers made critical decisions, and records will help explain the process. Two are ISP officers. Imperative for us to understand how they made decisions.

https://twitter.com/alcaprari23

She also mentioned third officer that was at the autopsies

Defense pushing back about the three officer's training records. Says it doesn't matter if they will be called as witnesses if it goes to trial, they are still witnesses to the case. One officer assisted in the search at 1122 King Road. Did follow-up investigations, signed lab agreements and collected evidence. Second officer did interview with key witness expected to testify. Also mentioned a specialty of working with trauma victims. Interview of key witness was one of multiple with the same witness by other officers. Defense says it may subpoena the officer if it goes to trial. Third officer did dozens of interviews, including after Kohberger arrest. The officer attended autopsy proceedings, did follow ups on tips. Made decisions about tips given to law enforcement.

https://twitter.com/alcaprari23

If the knife is that make and brand that everyone's speculated, JMO but there is no way it would break in any way. Those things are designed and tolerance tested to withstand all manner of force and extreme conditions. IMO.

If the knife is that make and brand that everyone's speculated, JMO but there is no way it would break in any way. Those things are designed and tolerance tested to withstand all manner of force and extreme conditions. IMO.
Thank you for that information! I have no knowledge of weaponry knives, but I've had a few (admittedly cheap) kitchen ones break at the handle from extensive veggie/gourd chopping, so I could see it happening.

If so, as any fool know, rule numbers one and two is never ever attempt to utilise a weapon that you aren't familiar with handling, never ever use a weapon if there's any chance that it can be taken from you and used against you by your opponent.

Therefore, my argument is he must have been practising both using, brandishing, and stabbing, and also ensuring the weapon stayed in his grip.

My main worry if using a large knife would be that it could very easily slip out of my grip. Also did he not sustain any accidental injuries himself with such a weapon if he did this frenzied attack? Seems almost impossible one wouldn't.
With the type of weapon used (the blade goes all the way down the handle) it would be extremely difficult to bend it let alone snap it. But it must have become difficult to keep hold of IMO whether they were gloved or not. If a frenzied attack I would be surprised if the attacker wasn’t injured IMO

Thank you for that information! I have no knowledge of weaponry knives, but I've had a few (admittedly cheap) kitchen ones break at the handle from extensive veggie/gourd chopping, so I could see it happening.
kaBars and other military grade fighting knives are made for the purpose of killing humans, and do not break.

With the type of weapon used (the blade goes all the way down the handle) it would be extremely difficult to bend it let alone snap it. But it must have become difficult to keep hold of IMO whether they were gloved or not. If a frenzied attack I would be surprised if the attacker wasn’t injured IMO
MOO not frenzied, well placed blows. Immidiate incapacitation.

It's hard to fathom siting where he's sitting and finding anything to feel smug about.

But I suspect he doesn't feel the least bit caged. He probably feels pleased, to be castled off. No longer has to deal with people, especially women.

It occurred to me that, if BK is an injustice collector, he likely had a whole file on his family. Perhaps, topping the list, being turned into cops over his sister's phone.

Passive aggression is real. It's more than Minnesota nice -- the polite no when you secretly mean yes -- abs is a whole paradigm for interaction. Would not surprise me to learn that that single act (turning him in) was Day 1 of a mental file marked 'Mark My Wirds, One Day You'll Pay".

And now he's sticking it to the man. You think borrowing my sister's phone is bad....

How better to CRUSH your parents than to lean into crime?

I don't think tge death sentence rocks his boat, nor does losing the freedom to spend time with family, develop his career, find a mate, procreate, teach.

He's got place to live, rent free. No one to humiliate, no one humiliated him. Yes, jail/prison has a pecking order but at least he doesn't have bosses, professors, admin, parents, women telling him how to behave, what he can and cannot do.

He strikes me as the type who, given the chance, will get an online law degree, will give and control interviews, cause as much pain as he can and derive great pleasure from it, and chuckle to himself, how superior he is, how inferior everyone else is.

I believe that BK has a stringent personal code. Follows it rigidly.

I think he said don't worry -- I'm here to help you to Xana, possibly because she had a weapon of some kind. Golf club comes go mind, which he was slowly reaching for -- you can trust me, I won't hurt you like a "friend" who says that to you right before they backstab you.

He used the words in an attempt to disarm her. It was too late. He had her cornered and he had all the advantage. JMOO

He had nothing to lose.

Jmo
I agree completely with all of the above Megnut. IMO he's having a fine time. Until now, I hadn't seriously considered revenge as a motive (in the context of WHO was murdered).
Your words "How better to CRUSH your parents than to lean into crime?" jumped out at me. Hmmmm.
I think you're onto something. A crime of passion, with the innocent victims being a means - not an end?

Obviously we do not know just how much abuse the knife might have received during the attacks but it takes some pretty serious effort to snap them at the tang. The early parts of this demo a good kitchen knife would survive....The realities are at 13:56+ and 14:52+. Snapping the tang took a lot of distortion.

The Ka-bar knives do have a reputation for losing their tips but mostly people don't use knives to stab rock.

He was very into boxing and running. The Kabar style knife has a guard which is there to keep your hand from sliding up and down the blade. It's not an overly large knife, 7" blade plus handle and weighs less than a pound.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member