4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what these are mounted on the poles beside the house?

This photo: November 17th
1701637994885.png

This Photo: December 22

1701641220307.png

View attachment 465683

View attachment 465694

While it looks like surveillance of some sort, it’s possibly a transceiver utilizing microwaves for internet subscribers, which would make sense at a student rental. Possibly defunct now—I got that from 10/8/2000 NYTimes article. They were being installed in NYC by “Metricom, a California Internet company”.

]

View attachment 465683

View attachment 465694

Are you referring to the yellow tape?

BK's Letter Authorizing Def Team to Access Apt?
It wasn't a request/motion. The defense team picked his tv up along with his other belongings when they visited his apartment.
@Sozo
I've read back a bit but have missed the significance of memo and why this is coming up as an issue now.
If anyone could direct me to relevant posts, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thank you.

The part about endangering lives and the right to a fair trial seem to hang over several pieces of evidence.

I wonder what they are. Thank you SO much for your expertise in this area.
YW.

There were extensive discussions on the "endangering lives" bit way back. Won't post my opinion as I think it is against TOS. I do believe it is multifaceted, but back then I agreed with SisterGoldenHair and I still hold that opinion.

Early on, following the RTFT provided valuable information by looking at the difference between the reasons in warrant seal asks and the warrant seal orders. Now, it just seems everything is sealed with RTFT.

One example in the latest release of warrants: The Spotify Warrant did not return any of the sought information, but it was still sealed after the return, citing all five reasons the State noted in their motion to seal.

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/isc.coi/CR29-22-2805/090823-Order-to-Seal-and-Redact-Spotify.pdf

ALL JMO
]

Are you referring to the yellow tape?
No, The box at the top of the pole.
1701657235696.png

Attachments

• 1701657121123.png
    1701657121123.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
BK's Letter Authorizing Def Team to Access Apt?
@Sozo
I've read back a bit but have missed the significance of memo and why this is coming up as an issue now.
If anyone could direct me to relevant posts, I'd appreciate it greatly.
It was for the mention of the TV in it. There was discussion about the lastest stipulation for evidence transfer, then a question about if the D has ever asked for evidence transfer, then a post about the D asking for the TV, then a post about AT picking up the TV on her visit to BKs apartment - which is mentioned in the memo.

Starts about post 27, page 2

MOO

It was for the mention of the TV in it. There was discussion about the lastest stipulation for evidence transfer, then a question about if the D has ever asked for evidence transfer, then a post about the D asking for the TV, then a post about AT picking up the TV on her visit to BKs apartment - which is mentioned in the memo.
Starts about post 27, page 2 MOO
@Nila Aella
Thanks for sending me in the right direction.

Well, I think throwing spaghetti at the wall and delaying things is what you do when you have a client who left DNA on the knife sheath at a multiple murder scene where the victims were killed with a knife.
I watched Prosecuting Evil last night. It's a Kelly Seigler show that covers her old cases. The most recent one had the defense attorney from a case where the defendant had confessed and was clearly guilty. He was clear that he knew his client was guilty, and that the things he filed, the defenses he tried, and the maneuvers he made likely wouldn't work, but that is what you do as a defense attorney.

SBMFF
Aw YW, but I am not an expert and IANAL. I just read the Court submissions and keep track of them so I can try to understand what is happening as this case moves through the Court to trial.
JMO

Well, doing that work has given you a kind of expertise for sure. And taught the rest of us a lot.

YW.

There were extensive discussions on the "endangering lives" bit way back. Won't post my opinion as I think it is against TOS. I do believe it is multifaceted, but back then I agreed with SisterGoldenHair and I still hold that opinion.

Early on, following the RTFT provided valuable information by looking at the difference between the reasons in warrant seal asks and the warrant seal orders. Now, it just seems everything is sealed with RTFT.

One example in the latest release of warrants: The Spotify Warrant did not return any of the sought information, but it was still sealed after the return, citing all five reasons the State noted in their motion to seal.

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/isc.coi/CR29-22-2805/090823-Order-to-Seal-and-Redact-Spotify.pdf

ALL JMO

No, The box at the top of the pole.
View attachment 465753
Looks a bit like a camera to me - but there's another thing attached to that same pole. What's the date on the picture? (If you said, I've forgotten).

I am remembering the request for his television. Is this a forensic cloud thing as opposed to forensic blood evidence or whatever? I found that to be particularly weird at the time I'm wondering if it would interrelate it's a complete hyperbolic guess. JMOO

Edit: It bothered me that he asked for it and was given it I think fairly quickly. If they hadn't procured it themselves was he hiding something? IDK
It wasn't a request/motion. The defense team picked his tv up along with his other belongings when they visited his apartment.

That's still interesting to me. I don't know why I can't let it go. Any thoughts on why this would have been handled outside of the system?

That's still interesting to me. I don't know why I can't let it go. Any thoughts on why this would have been handled outside of the system?
I would say that the D picked up TV because it wasn't deemed evidence. LE had already been through the appartment with the search warrant and taken everything they were entitled to take. I'm pretty sure defense reps were there that day to look around and pick up BK's remaining items. All BK's computers, tablets and other devices with potential digital evidence were in PA with BK Imo. I recall that a 'fire stick' (?) was an item on the return of inventory for WA appartment - not really sure what that is but recall that it might be related to a tv. However Imo, the TV itself contained no potential evidentiary value. Moo

View attachment 465683

View attachment 465694

No idea what’s on the poles, only that the poles went up after the horrific murders, MOO.

View attachment 465683

View attachment 465694

Looks a bit like a camera to me - but there's another thing attached to that same pole. What's the date on the picture? (If you said, I've forgotten).

Looks like a camera of some kind to me, also.

I do see the wedge? located lower.
One photo is from a video news report from November 17th.
One photo is from an article published December 22.

JMO

The wedge(s) looks like a foot rest/step so a person could step up to access or look at/through the camera or whatever the top item is.

While it looks like surveillance of some sort, it’s possibly a transceiver utilizing microwaves for internet subscribers, which would make sense at a student rental. Possibly defunct now—I got that from 10/8/2000 NYTimes article. They were being installed in NYC by “Metricom, a California Internet company”.
TY!
Tried to find photos of what it looked like and could only find one.

Ricochet Internet Service Wiki

1701729905240.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members