4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea what’s on the poles, only that the poles went up after the horrific murders, MOO.
They did?

They look so old, even rusty like old metal poles that are used in wire fencing. As if the fencing fell apart over the years, On top, that doesn't look like a camera to me, just looks like part of a metal clip for wire fencing. FARO cameras were used, definitely not a FARO camera.

2 Cents

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204-231534.png
    Screenshot_20231204-231534.png
    641.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
They did?

They look so old, even rusty like old metal poles that are used in wire fencing. As if the fencing fell apart over the years, even looks like metal sticking out of one of them. However, you live there and I assume know inside information.

2 Cents
That's what they look like to me, too.

MOO

I would say that the D picked up TV because it wasn't deemed evidence. LE had already been through the appartment with the search warrant and taken everything they were entitled to take. I'm pretty sure defense reps were there that day to look around and pick up BK's remaining items. All BK's computers, tablets and other devices with potential digital evidence were in PA with BK Imo. I recall that a 'fire stick' (?) was an item on the return of inventory for WA appartment - not really sure what that is but recall that it might be related to a tv. However Imo, the TV itself contained no potential evidentiary value. Moo
RBBM:

The Fire Stick is for Amazon TV. I'm not 100% sure how it works but I believe you can save shows on it and connect it to a television to watch shows that have been saved or streamed from Amazon Prime TV.

RBBM:

The Fire Stick is for Amazon TV. I'm not 100% sure how it works but I believe you can save shows on it and connect it to a television to watch shows that have been saved or streamed from Amazon Prime TV.

Thanks @whiterhino. So BK's streaming history and whatnot could feasibly have been extracted from the firestick. Seems reasonable to assume the teeve itself fell outside scope of the search warrant. Moo

Thanks @whiterhino. So BK's streaming history and whatnot could feasibly have been extracted from the firestick. Seems reasonable to assume the teeve itself fell outside scope of the search warrant. Moo
Yes, on Amazon I read the reviews. People were saying they could plug some component of the Fire Stick into an old tv, like a pre-smart television. I guess this is part of the appeal? I'm still trying to figure out how it works bc apparently you can use it to stream... from an old tv set?! (OT but this would be great for students, ppl travelling for holidays etc).

They did?

They look so old, even rusty like old metal poles that are used in wire fencing. As if the fencing fell apart over the years, On top, that doesn't look like a camera to me, just looks like part of a metal clip for wire fencing. FARO cameras were used, definitely not a FARO camera.

2 Cents

I'm with you on this one in that I doubt very much that is a camera aloft one of the poles. They certainly do look rusted and old. My occam's razor inspired guess is that if these poles were not there prior to LE securing the house, then they were brought to the site for the purpose of helping to secure the CS ie were erected/banged into the earth in order to support the yellow tape. They may well be old fence posts found nearby that were haphazardly erected and used for this purpose. OTOH if they were already there and standing, then your close up makes me think they are old and rusted fence posts which LE took advantage of when securing the scene (ie tied yellow tape to them/passed yellow tape behind them). Speculation and my best guess. moo

Re Fire TV stick
Yes, on Amazon I read the reviews. People were saying they could plug some component of the Fire Stick into an old tv, like a pre-smart television. I guess this is part of the appeal? I'm still trying to figure out how it works bc apparently you can use it to stream... from an old tv set?! (OT but this would be great for students, ppl travelling for holidays etc).
From the Apartment search warrant

1701777653787.png

What a fire stick can do depends on what generation of Fire TV stick it is.

The devices are small network appliances that deliver digital audio and video content streamed via the Internet to a connected high-definition television. They also allow users to access local content and to play video games with the included remote control or another game controller, or by using a mobile app remote control on another device.

Re: TV

From the LE cybercenter:

Smart TVs allow the user to browse the Internet, use applications, or simply watch live TV. For this reason, smart TVs can hold a multitude of forensic evidence that can be useful to an investigation. While the number of brands and the sophistication of technologies continue to grow in this emerging market, many data types are retrievable from most Smart TVs.

JMO:MOO:IMO

You’ve pretty much got it. But using a dedicated streaming device (Firestick, Roku, Apple TV etc) is also preferred by people who take their home theaters seriously too. They’re just ‘faster’ and more capable than anything that comes on a TV.

Edit: I’ll also add that the Firestick is also notorious for being easily ‘jailbroken’ which makes it more capable in terms of streaming pirated content. Not implying that BK bought one for that purpose or that LE would even care in the grand scheme of things. Just wanted to add additional context and mention why some people choose it over others.

MOO

I'm with you on this one in that I doubt very much that is a camera aloft one of the poles. They certainly do look rusted and old. My occam's razor inspired guess is that if these poles were not there prior to LE securing the house, then they were brought to the site for the purpose of helping to secure the CS ie were erected/banged into the earth in order to support the yellow tape. They may well be old fence posts found nearby that were haphazardly erected and used for this purpose. OTOH if they were already there and standing, then your close up makes me think they are old and rusted fence posts which LE took advantage of when securing the scene (ie tied yellow tape to them/passed yellow tape behind them). Speculation and my best guess. moo
Well that's definitely thinking outside the box! That maybe both are true.

That these are old (rusty) metal fence posts that LE actually did put up after the crime to help secure the crime scene. One does have the yellow crime scene tape around it. 2 don't have the tape around them so my guess is they were already there.

2 Cents

Amazon firestick - you plug it into the HDMI port of the old fashioned not smart TV and it connects the TV to your wifi using software installed by Amazon. So then you can watch the TV shows that are on Amazon Prime or log onto other pay for apps such as Netflix and many hundreds of other channels some free mostly pay for. On my old firestick I used to be able to more or less 'get online' and browse youtube and stuff but my most recent one, it seems to be more protected and less things are freely available. I don't think I can fully get online and do things like read my emails or do banking but maybe and I don't think anyone could hack into it / why would they want to. What's been watched would probably be logged by amazon.

The benefit of a firestick is that if you're already paying for Amazon Prime and don't have a smart TV, it's far cheaper than upgrading your TV.

They did?

2 Cents

MOO, I don’t recall seeing those temp-looking poles up before the murders & haven’t been successful at finding any pre-murder pics of them.

If anyone else is successful, please do share here!

As always, MOO.

ETA: well, I think maybe at least one of those poles is old! I think Gray Hughes is permitted here & I rewatched his 360 degree walk around the neighborhood:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d9_XsvOXHp4
It’s not exactly clear because of all the tree trunks, but I think I spotted one of the poles under discussion. I was able, I think, to zoom into the base of the one pole & it looks very well set to me. That might/might not be the pole folks are speculating about what’s on it?

Anyway, hope others might find the video helpful in identifying what, if anything, is on that pole.

Last edited:
No idea what’s on the poles, only that the poles went up after the horrific murders, MOO.
I thought that the poles were vestiges of the old metal mesh fence which had once been there but was no longer there by the time the victims moved in.
( tops are the clamps )

when i first followed the case, before BK arrested, the issue of the fence removal was a topic. A kind of ' What if....' student housing security was better kinda topic

Just went back to check

Cujenna's old album of clippings has photo with link ( and date)
Image too large for me to screengrab & post. Just scroll down. KHQ channel. " coroner confirms murder as cause of death'

UI Student Murders

Last edited:
Amazon firestick - you plug it into the HDMI port of the old fashioned not smart TV and it connects the TV to your wifi using software installed by Amazon. So then you can watch the TV shows that are on Amazon Prime or log onto other pay for apps such as Netflix and many hundreds of other channels some free mostly pay for. On my old firestick I used to be able to more or less 'get online' and browse youtube and stuff but my most recent one, it seems to be more protected and less things are freely available. I don't think I can fully get online and do things like read my emails or do banking but maybe and I don't think anyone could hack into it / why would they want to. What's been watched would probably be logged by amazon.

The benefit of a firestick is that if you're already paying for Amazon Prime and don't have a smart TV, it's far cheaper than upgrading your TV.
Thank you for interpreting for me, I am not technologically inclined. My brain could not understand how the tv would be able to pick up a wifi signal lol. That's really cool!

With the older models that can search online, can you shop on Amazon and order items? Would there be any history?

Thank you for interpreting for me, I am not technologically inclined. My brain could not understand how the tv would be able to pick up a wifi signal lol. That's really cool!

With the older models that can search online, can you shop on Amazon and order items? Would there be any history?

I'm not sure but maybe - because the stick is directly linked / activated by your pay for Amazon Prime account and you can buy extra pay for apps and also rent / buy movies and music direct from Amazon just by clicking on the firestick - so I guess if you can get onto your Amazon Prime account you could do shopping as it's already charging to your credit card. Personally I've never tried (and I'm not going to!)

I'm not sure but maybe - because the stick is directly linked / activated by your pay for Amazon Prime account and you can buy extra pay for apps and also rent / buy movies and music direct from Amazon just by clicking on the firestick - so I guess if you can get onto your Amazon Prime account you could do shopping as it's already charging to your credit card. Personally I've never tried (and I'm not going to!)
I was just thinking maybe there was a sneaky way to shop or browse online without leaving a trail, like buying certain items or looking at certain accounts. Maybe not possible if it's all tracked thru an account & I don't see how it could be used without leaving a mark.

RBBM:

A Fire Stick is a plug-in device that hooks a non-smart TV to the internet in order to access streaming services. I have two of them but no idea how they work. I'm just not ready to get rid of a nice TV just because it's not "smart." As far as I know, you can't save shows on a fire stick. They are smaller than the old iPod mp3 players.

A Fire Stick is a plug-in device that hooks a non-smart TV to the internet in order to access streaming services. I have two of them but no idea how they work. I'm just not ready to get rid of a nice TV just because it's not "smart." As far as I know, you can't save shows on a fire stick. They are smaller than the old iPod mp3 players.
At first, I thought it had internal storage like a Kody box where you can download and replay without internet. Or like if you bought a movie from Amazon Prime and wanted to take it with you. Still a cool sort of hack for those without a smart tv. I still have my old tv bc it plays dvds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member