4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE stated that Murphy was found safe shut in a room not part of the crime scene, so I think that Kaylee's room is the only space that makes sense. There's no indication, as far as I know, that he was in a bathroom or the spare bedroom, and the rest of the house was pretty open plan.

MOO
Murphy was in Kaylee's room when officers responded according to the PCA.

From the PCA

The bedroom on the west side ofthe floor was later determined to be Kaylee Goncalves, hereafter *Goncalves," room. I later learned (from review of Officer Nunes' body camera) there was a dog in the room when Moscow Police Officers initially responded.

There is no information on where Murphy was during the crime, only where he was when LE arrived on scene 8 hours later. MOO

From a Dec 6th 2022 article since MPD has removed the King Road page from their website:

“Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene,” the statement said.

It remains unclear where Murphy was physically located when the murders took place, police said.

Investigators previously revealed that the dog was found inside the home when officers arrived on the scene of the murders on 13 November.

MOO

Only strange that Murphy didn't bark. He could have seen that there was light in two rooms, and hard to imagine a dog not barking at all.
He may have barked a little but was ignored because it was not unusual. But he may not have barked at first because it was normal for other people to be walking around in that house. At some point he was probably frightened. He was just a pup. And I think he was in KG's room during the crime.

MOO an appeal will only be of the legal process, since the jury tries the facts and evidence.
I think you are right. But if an appellate court orders a new trial, then a new jury will have just as much need to see the murder house as the original jury.

So the point remains: if we don't trust the current judge, DA and PD to decide the house is no longer needed, when WILL a Court be qualified to approve demolition?

I see people mentioning the UI a lot but I thought it was a private rental not a UI student residence and that the youngsters in residence were all sharing off campus ? Am I mistaken?
It was a private rental, but the owners donated the house to UI after the murders.

So UI (with direction from the Court) controls the property a present.

Ah OK thanks for this info, yes I understand the owner would be extremely compromised and the costs of guarding from crime scene explorers and the curious from now until forever more will be huge.
I can understand why interested parties wouldn't want it taking down until a conviction is secured.

I can understand their concern, but the case principals (judge, DA and DP) know right now whether a tour of the crime scene will be allowed.

Some posters here seem to think it's merely up to the jury to request a crime-scene visit, but I don't believe it works that way. What is and what is not shown to any jury is tightly controlled.

If Judge Judge thought it at all likely that he would approve a crime-scene visit by the jury, he would have intervened before now. IMHO, IANAL.

IMO MOO

A wise one once told us: they believed the souls of the murdered, with untimely and sad death, often remain close to this earthly plane. Even seeking justice. Their reference was, when one smells ( perfume was the example) on an elevator, but no one is physically there. Or the sense and feeling of someone's presence.

It seems untimely to tear-down the house/crime site.

It is regrettable that the University didn't immediately build a, privacy wall. That would have eliminated a lot of the "need" for tear-down concerns. If any of the parents/families want it to remain, it should, for the time being. Once gone, it is forever. It may seem like a long time for some, but in the realm of the grieving and justice seekers, it is not.
A privacy wall, as found everywhere these days, would work. Some effort, compassion and common sense. Respectfully; the University spokesperson, as we heard, missed the point. The trail of grief. And perhaps, the judicial need, in the long-run)

Planting Ethan's memorial flowers on the wall exterior, perhaps for a year or so ( then revisit the tear down), but for now, an array of flowers and a good privacy wall. Respect and eternal hope, faith in goodness, and love.

Thank you, again, team law enforcement. An awesome step for justice. ty Wings-of-Justice.
Let understanding bring peace.

JMO MOO

Parties? Interested Parties? Same or Different for OP?
....I can understand why interested parties wouldn't want it taking down until a conviction is secured.
snipped for focus @Observe_dont_Absorb
The parties in the crim. homicide case =
the State of Idaho and Brian Kohberger.

Who, in addition to ID. & BK, is OP referring to as "interested parties" re demolition issue?

IIRC, both the state's and defense filings w the court express no desire or request for the building to be preserved for purposes of a possible jury view.
I could be misrecalling the context --- perhaps not doc's filed w ct, but other written stmts expressing no desire to have 1122 King preserved thru trial.

Anyone w link or quote re either of the above? TiA.

Also, I’ve reverted back to my earlier belief that Xana and Ethan were attacked and one killed right away. Upon BKs entrance into the house. And I think it’s pretty plausible if you look at the PCA and take DM for her word and interpret what she heard above her slightly differently.

All of the below is my opinion and only based on inference from the PCA. MOO. I don’t claim to have any inside information

IMO The sounds of BK murdering Ethan and attacking Xana is what actually woke DM up.

IMO What she heard above her shortly thereafter was Murphy frantically trying to get out of the room after hearing what was going on below. Likely not barking at this point.

IMO Kaylee says “there is someone here” after also being awoken, hearing Murphy, and putting things together.

DM has likely heard Kaylee’s voice a million times before through those walls and ceilings. LEs suggestion in the PCA that it was in fact Xana is just a suggestion.

IMO BK murders Kaylee and Maddie he knows that he lost his sheath. But his search is interrupted by Xanas cries down below.

IMO BK heads back downstairs Murphy starts to bark. He’s just heard Kaylee in grave distress feet away from him.

IMO BK finds an alive Xana and picks her up and this is the thump we hear along with barking picked up on the neighbors camera.

IMO either the dog barking and being afraid that someone left Maddie’s room alive or the sheath or both led BK back up the stairs briefly. I think on his way back down and out is when DM saw him.

This was an early theory of mine that I abandoned after the PCA was released. But after Steve G (Kaylees dad) recent statement about his daughter being up … I’ve gone back to revisit the PCA and assumed that was in fact Kaylees voice and that Murphy was frantically moving around n the room (during Xana and Ethan’s murder) and then stepped it up to uncharacteristic barking after Kaylees murder which was heard on the camera. .

All MOO.
I heard the dog was docile/friendly. Perhaps they met on a walk? Dogs are animals, and might like the blood-sorry for the graphic...

I stand with the retired LE I know, who say that the Jury may want to look at the crime scene, as in the Alex Murdaugh case in South Carolina-he being convicted...
'Better to have the scene, than not. Pictures are often not enough for some Jurors. They want to See, Feel, Draw their own conclusions...One small detail might make the difference...

The problem I feel with this sequence is the orientation of DM's doorway. If he was coming from Xana's room, she only would have had to open the door the barest crack to see him pass, to see his face. If he was coming down the stairs from the top floor, she would have had to have the door wide and her head and upper body sticking out into the hallway to see his face. Otherwise, she'd just see his back as he turned into the kitchen to leave.

MOO
MPOV, having never lived on Campus, but many friends who did. The perpetrator, who I strongly believe was BK(so many psychological analyses , from reputable experts, though none has actually interviewed him thus far...), committed Premediated Murder. Perhaps going after one female, as some say, But If he was watching her/them, he would know at least who went in and out regularly, and perhaps where each usually slept(If he could see through windows/glass doors).
Big Question: The roommate who saw him leaving never mentioned Blood on him. If he did murder these beautiful lives, and was running away, WHY not mention of Blood?! I would assume that some blood, but also wonder if another person, who would escape through an upstairs window/door? Just pondering, as none of us knows, and I hope Cameras are allowed in the Trial, in any way we can watch/listen.
So sad/sickening how many murders are committed each day in this gun toting country we all live in:(
It both saddens and angers me that Parents are not raising their children well, alongside teachers, to be kind and loving to each other. In today's society, It Takes a Village! Please work with neighbors to create safe havens for all our children.

MPOV, having never lived on Campus, but many friends who did. The perpetrator, who I strongly believe was BK(so many psychological analyses , from reputable experts, though none has actually interviewed him thus far...), committed Premediated Murder. Perhaps going after one female, as some say, But If he was watching her/them, he would know at least who went in and out regularly, and perhaps where each usually slept(If he could see through windows/glass doors).
Big Question: The roommate who saw him leaving never mentioned Blood on him. If he did murder these beautiful lives, and was running away, WHY not mention of Blood?! I would assume that some blood, but also wonder if another person, who would escape through an upstairs window/door? Just pondering, as none of us knows, and I hope Cameras are allowed in the Trial, in any way we can watch/listen.
So sad/sickening how many murders are committed each day in this gun toting country we all live in:(
It both saddens and angers me that Parents are not raising their children well, alongside teachers, to be kind and loving to each other. In today's society, It Takes a Village! Please work with neighbors to create safe havens for all our children.
Frankly, we do not know where he entered(probable easiest access), but obviously targeted. So many suppositions floating around, which makes LE job harder in some ways. Law Enforcement, Local, State, Federal, are on the job! Thanks to All they do!
The problem I feel with this sequence is the orientation of DM's doorway. If he was coming from Xana's room, she only would have had to open the door the barest crack to see him pass, to see his face. If he was coming down the stairs from the top floor, she would have had to have the door wide and her head and upper body sticking out into the hallway to see his face. Otherwise, she'd just see his back as he turned into the kitchen to leave.

MOO

He was dressed in black. In dim light, blood wouldn't be visible on black clothing.

MOO

MOO only a relevant portion of DMs interview will have been included in the PCA.

Parties? Interested Parties? Same or Different for OP?

snipped for focus @Observe_dont_Absorb
The parties in the crim. homicide case =
the State of Idaho and Brian Kohberger.

Who, in addition to ID. & BK, is OP referring to as "interested parties" re demolition issue?

IIRC, both the state's and defense filings w the court express no desire or request for the building to be preserved for purposes of a possible jury view.
I could be misrecalling the context --- perhaps not doc's filed w ct, but other written stmts expressing no desire to have 1122 King preserved thru trial.

Anyone w link or quote re either of the above? TiA.

When I was thinking of interested parties I meant everyone who could have a right to object

- LE / police detectives / the courts (I'm sure that would be upheld)
- BK and his defence team (questionable)
- the families and their legal representatives (unsure)

If any party strongly objected to the demolition and could put forward a solid argument then I feel quite sure the house would remain for the time being.

Murphy was in Kaylee's room when officers responded according to the PCA.

From the PCA

The bedroom on the west side ofthe floor was later determined to be Kaylee Goncalves, hereafter *Goncalves," room. I later learned (from review of Officer Nunes' body camera) there was a dog in the room when Moscow Police Officers initially responded.

There is no information on where Murphy was during the crime, only where he was when LE arrived on scene 8 hours later. MOO

From a Dec 6th 2022 article since MPD has removed the King Road page from their website:

“Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene,” the statement said.

It remains unclear where Murphy was physically located when the murders took place, police said.

Investigators previously revealed that the dog was found inside the home when officers arrived on the scene of the murders on 13 November.

MOO
Good morning all. I hope everyone had a peaceful holiday. :)

I recall that LE said Murphy did not have any blood on him, which suggests that Murphy was locked up during the crime. I firmly believe sweet Murphy would have gone to his mistress and at least checked on her if he was able. Animals understand when things are wrong, and the house would have smelled all wrong to him. Plus, if anyone made sounds of distress, I believe he would have gone to them if he was able. MOOooo

Good morning all. I hope everyone had a peaceful holiday. :)

I recall that LE said Murphy did not have any blood on him, which suggests that Murphy was locked up during the crime. I firmly believe sweet Murphy would have gone to his mistress and at least checked on her if he was able. Animals understand when things are wrong, and the house would have smelled all wrong to him. Plus, if anyone made sounds of distress, I believe he would have gone to them if he was able. MOOooo
Thanks. This tells us for sure that Murphy was not near the victims, either locked up in a bedroom or locked out in the hallway. He would have at least stepped in blood if he was in the bedrooms where it happened.

So the Defense filed a Motion to Stay Proceedings on Dec 21. And wants the prior motions to be sealed. The facts asserted in those earlier motions and in the interlocutory documents must be...possibly prejudicial to the defendant?

Sounds like the Judge agrees, as he quickly granted the motion to seal the motion for lnterlocutory (that could be about so many different factual matters - and non-factual ones as well, such as line of questioning).

It's amazing how locked down this case is.

JMO

So the Defense filed a Motion to Stay Proceedings on Dec 21. And wants the prior motions to be sealed. The facts asserted in those earlier motions and in the interlocutory documents must be...possibly prejudicial to the defendant?

Sounds like the Judge agrees, as he quickly granted the motion to seal the motion for lnterlocutory (that could be about so many different factual matters - and non-factual ones as well, such as line of questioning).

It's amazing how locked down this case is.

JMO
The D filed a motion to reconsider orders denying the motions to dismiss: It is sealed because their motions to dismiss and the Judges orders denying the motions are related to the Grand Jury proceedings. JMO

From the case summary page:

1703635680650.png
Edit: removed "related orders" and inserted "Judges orders denying the motions"

Last edited:
Also, I’ve reverted back to my earlier belief that Xana and Ethan were attacked and one killed right away. Upon BKs entrance into the house. And I think it’s pretty plausible if you look at the PCA and take DM for her word and interpret what she heard above her slightly differently.

All of the below is my opinion and only based on inference from the PCA. MOO. I don’t claim to have any inside information

IMO The sounds of BK murdering Ethan and attacking Xana is what actually woke DM up.

IMO What she heard above her shortly thereafter was Murphy frantically trying to get out of the room after hearing what was going on below. Likely not barking at this point.

IMO Kaylee says “there is someone here” after also being awoken, hearing Murphy, and putting things together.

DM has likely heard Kaylee’s voice a million times before through those walls and ceilings. LEs suggestion in the PCA that it was in fact Xana is just a suggestion.

IMO BK murders Kaylee and Maddie he knows that he lost his sheath. But his search is interrupted by Xanas cries down below.

IMO BK heads back downstairs Murphy starts to bark. He’s just heard Kaylee in grave distress feet away from him.

IMO BK finds an alive Xana and picks her up and this is the thump we hear along with barking picked up on the neighbors camera.

IMO either the dog barking and being afraid that someone left Maddie’s room alive or the sheath or both led BK back up the stairs briefly. I think on his way back down and out is when DM saw him.

This was an early theory of mine that I abandoned after the PCA was released. But after Steve G (Kaylees dad) recent statement about his daughter being up … I’ve gone back to revisit the PCA and assumed that was in fact Kaylees voice and that Murphy was frantically moving around n the room (during Xana and Ethan’s murder) and then stepped it up to uncharacteristic barking after Kaylees murder which was heard on the camera. .

All MOO.
I tend to agree with you. First, we still don’t know the motive. And as long as we don’t know the motive, the second floor, X@E, are as possible as victims as M@K. Maybe he was attracted to Maddie. But a different motive is possible. And - if he stalked the house, then at a certain point, it was impossible not to notice the friend with a dog (that needs walking) to be there. Most dogs bark occasionally. So unless he planned it so far ahead that he didn’t even check who was in the house, it is strange to charge that very day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8