4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

In addition to the missing data testimony:

156:14
I have had concern since the very first day I saw the Cast Draft report that there are significant errors. I can look at the coverage areas and I can tell you they are wrong

201:15
There are statements and assumptions made in the records that will never be supported by the data.
There are a lot of claims made in these emails and even in the name files. It does not represent what is claimed to represent.

2:02:23
It could be extremely impactful to either side.
The problem is the problem, not what the data helps or hurts.

203:41
If I was contacted on Dec 1 by MPD there are things I would have absolutely said. You do this today. Do not hesitate and especially on Dec 23.
Not because of who it is helpful for but but because those documents are the only way to interpret what it really means.

204:15
As I have gotten more documents, I am finding a lot of misstatements that have been made.

204:26 To date it is helpful to Mr K. I reserve the right to change opinion.

Confusing word soup to me.

Again, what I said....

If I get, If I had saw, I am finding, It could be.....

Note this...He is not even sure himself, he says...

I reserve the right to change opinion

Because he knows he might not find enough precise evidence to spring BK.

2 Cents

Cell phones CAN be traced by satellites (and in this case, I'm sure they have looked into that). But GPS has to be turned on. I keep researching this one and can't find any good authority that says that phones when completely off...are still emitting GPS signals for the satellite. However, apparently the last known location information is still stored in the phone - so if GPS or Google Maps has ever been used, that data should still be around.

It's as incriminating, from my POV, if a suspect turned off GPS and/or put phone in airplane mode or turned off phone completely for such a short window, the exact window of a crime, while also driving in the area where the crime occurred.

It's my opinion that BK had to turn the phone back on because he needed to use maps. Really, when I think about this 2 hours of missing phone data, I do wonder how smart he really is. He THINKS he's smart, but like many students, he is not as smart as he thinks. No one ever plans a perfect crime - there are always nagging details. In this case, there are MANY nagging details.

IMO.

I've posted on this very subject before.. how smart and dumb he was.. at the same time.

Smart
Wiped the car completely clean, covered his face and body during crime along with gloves for no finger prints, got rid of the knife and bloody clothes, laid fairly low and continued to teach his class etc, tried to wipe off DNA from sheath.

Dumb
Left his car with one license plate on back (Pennsylvania) so it reduced the number potential suspects dramatically, did not leave his phone on at the apartment but instead took it with him and turned it on and off, got up to put his DNA in neighbor's trash cans in PA.

I was on a jury where the accused phone was turned off during the violent assault crime at another location. He said he shut it off that so he could rest (at home). It was impt evidence because they were able to show that he didn’t shut off phone any other times.
This is such an excellent point. My phone has not been turned off since the day I got it. I have put it on vibrate or silent mode, airplane mode when required, and I put it in do not disturb mode every night at bedtime, with certain people excluded for emergencies. It's been rebooted for updates. But never OFF.

I imagine it would look quite odd to a jury if I suddenly turned it off for 2 or 3 hours just one time that happened to coincide with a quadruple homicide for which I am THE suspect.

This is such an excellent point. My phone has not been turned off since the day I got it. I have put it on vibrate or silent mode, airplane mode when required, and I put it in do not disturb mode every night at bedtime, with certain people excluded for emergencies. It's been rebooted for updates. But never OFF.

I imagine it would look quite odd to a jury if I suddenly turned it off for 2 or 3 hours just one time that happened to coincide with a quadruple homicide for which I am THE suspect.
And, I thought at the time, if I were the criminal … I would have planned better & let phone battery run down to flat. Then said - didn’t know my charger was broken. Much better story.

He probably shut it off multiple trial runs to the house which I think he made

RBBM:

OK but... How did the perpetrator get ahold of BKs epithelial cells (and/or knife sheath)? What is the motivation for killing the 4 students? Also why "frame" BK in the process? FWIW.
I 100% agree. For me, both the "BK just happened to innocently touch the sheath somewhere/sometime and BK was framed are both just too contrived.

Even if BK touched but didn't buy a knife sheath in a retail store, we have to assume said sheath remained in the store, and was likely touched by other shoppers or employees who miraculously did not disturb BK's DNA on the snap. It is bought at some later date by someone capable of mass murderer, and left under a murder victim. And coincidentally, BK has turned his phone off during the time of the murder. I just don't see how a jury could believe that without substantial evidence.

Alternatively, the idea of someone deliberately framing BK is even more difficult, IMO. What are the odds that BK knows a homicidal maniac willing to commit mass murder, and has also managed to enrage this person sufficiently that they would frame him for mass murder. It takes training and a microscope to collect DNA and deposit it on the sheath, and planning to be certain it's BK's DNA you collected. I don't think we've seen any evidence that he's developed enough of a relationship with anyone in WA/ID (or anywhere else for that matter) for someone to hate him enough to try and frame him for this crime. Even if he had gotten close enough to someone to have such an intense conflict, what are the odds that this person would also be a mass murderer? MOOooo

RBBM:

OK but... How did the perpetrator get ahold of BKs epithelial cells (and/or knife sheath)?
These were skin cells/touch DNA. Touch DNA can get anywhere and everywhere without the person even being in the presence of the object their DNA was found on. All it would take is a simple transfer such as the killer having on gloves he used in the murder and buying gasoline at the same pump BK had used earlier and then BK's DNA would be on the killer's glove, then the killer goes to the crime scene, unsnaps the sheath and BK's DNA is on the snap.
What is the motivation for killing the 4 students?
There seems to be no motive for BK to have committed this crime.
Also why "frame" BK in the process? FWIW.
Innocent transfer of touch DNA is not framing someone. We ALL transfer touch DNA every single day.

We still have nothing about the white Elantra that proves it was BK's car. No images of BK in the car, no license plate, no markings on the car that prove it was one and the same. There are no images of the car driving back to Pullman or even how it left from 1122 King Rd. It was brought out in the last 2 hearings that LE did not use the cellular timing report to determine where BK's car went, so they don't really know.

I've posted on this very subject before.. how smart and dumb he was.. at the same time.

Smart
Wiped the car completely clean, covered his face and body during crime along with gloves for no finger prints, got rid of the knife and bloody clothes, laid fairly low and continued to teach his class etc, tried to wipe off DNA from sheath.

Dumb
Left his car with one license plate on back (Pennsylvania) so it reduced the number potential suspects dramatically, did not leave his phone on at the apartment but instead took it with him and turned it on and off, got up to put his DNA in neighbor's trash cans in PA.

And let's add....Sheath. DNA,
letting witness see him
I 100% agree. For me, both the "BK just happened to innocently touch the sheath somewhere/sometime and BK was framed are both just too contrived.

Even if BK touched but didn't buy a knife sheath in a retail store, we have to assume said sheath remained in the store, and was likely touched by other shoppers or employees who miraculously did not disturb BK's DNA on the snap. It is bought at some later date by someone capable of mass murderer, and left under a murder victim. And coincidentally, BK has turned his phone off during the time of the murder. I just don't see how a jury could believe that without substantial evidence.

Alternatively, the idea of someone deliberately framing BK is even more difficult, IMO. What are the odds that BK knows a homicidal maniac willing to commit mass murder, and has also managed to enrage this person sufficiently that they would frame him for mass murder. It takes training and a microscope to collect DNA and deposit it on the sheath, and planning to be certain it's BK's DNA you collected. I don't think we've seen any evidence that he's developed enough of a relationship with anyone in WA/ID (or anywhere else for that matter) for someone to hate him enough to try and frame him for this crime. Even if he had gotten close enough to someone to have such an intense conflict, what are the odds that this person would also be a mass murderer? MOOooo

I think most people do not understand what a trial is for.

It is only for showing evidence to a jury that can prove beyond a reasonable doubt
guilt.....

No...Prosecutors cannot say maybe BK touched the sheath in a store maybe he was set up.

Absolutely not...In a trial there has to be evidence of this.

BK is on video touching a sheath in a store. Video caught an officer messing with the DNA. The lab caught fire....

Anything that is evidence

I guess I can say this 100 times

2 cents

These were skin cells/touch DNA. Touch DNA can get anywhere and everywhere without the person even being in the presence of the object their DNA was found on. All it would take is a simple transfer such as the killer having on gloves he used in the murder and buying gasoline at the same pump BK had used earlier and then BK's DNA would be on the killer's glove, then the killer goes to the crime scene, unsnaps the sheath and BK's DNA is on the snap.

There seems to be no motive for BK to have committed this crime.

Innocent transfer of touch DNA is not framing someone. We ALL transfer touch DNA every single day.

We still have nothing about the white Elantra that proves it was BK's car. No images of BK in the car, no license plate, no markings on the car that prove it was one and the same. There are no images of the car driving back to Pullman or even how it left from 1122 King Rd. It was brought out in the last 2 hearings that LE did not use the cellular timing report to determine where BK's car went, so they don't really know.
Depositing a few epithelial cells into a sheath snap mechanism, that were harvested from a latex glove used to handle a gas pump handle immediately after BK.

MOO Not reasonable at all.

Depositing a few epithelial cells into a sheath snap mechanism, that were harvested from a latex glove used to handle a gas pump handle immediately after BK.

MOO Not reasonable at all.
What's interesting to me is that the forensic report says they had to reach down into the groove around the snap, where they found enough DNA for perhaps 15 swab samples to test positive for DNA (I can't remember the exact number).

Touch DNA cannot just float down inside a groove. It has to be pushed there by something. Epithelial DNA is of course on the fingertips, so it is logical to assume that instead of BK's DNA somehow floating around in the air (where? at 1122 King Road?) that it was deposited there through normal use of the sheath.

So they tested those samples and ALL of them were BK and no one else.

How anyone else could get that DNA down inside that mechanism without leaving their own is inexplicable to me. Collecting a pure sample (single source as in this case) from another human and attempting to re-locate that DNA into the groove of a sheath is nearly impossible without an electron microscope. How would a person even know they had someone else's (and only that person's) DNA?

It's not as if just anyone can find DNA in the first place. If I shake someone's hand and then touch something, both my own and the other person's DNA will be in the mix (with mine being the higher percentage/most of it).

IMO.

What's interesting to me is that the forensic report says they had to reach down into the groove around the snap, where they found enough DNA for perhaps 15 swab samples to test positive for DNA (I can't remember the exact number).

Touch DNA cannot just float down inside a groove. It has to be pushed there by something. Epithelial DNA is of course on the fingertips, so it is logical to assume that instead of BK's DNA somehow floating around in the air (where? at 1122 King Road?) that it was deposited there through normal use of the sheath.

So they tested those samples and ALL of them were BK and no one else.

How anyone else could get that DNA down inside that mechanism without leaving their own is inexplicable to me. Collecting a pure sample (single source as in this case) from another human and attempting to re-locate that DNA into the groove of a sheath is nearly impossible without an electron microscope. How would a person even know they had someone else's (and only that person's) DNA?

It's not as if just anyone can find DNA in the first place. If I shake someone's hand and then touch something, both my own and the other person's DNA will be in the mix (with mine being the higher percentage/most of it).

IMO.

Defense teams always go to police innuendo/incompetence when they have nothing to refute the real evidence.

I don't think it will work here given the level of state and FBI involvement... but they will try if they can.

And let's add....Sheath. DNA,
letting witness see him

I think most people do not understand what a trial is for.

It is only for showing evidence to a jury that can prove beyond a reasonable doubt
guilt.....

No...Prosecutors cannot say maybe BK touched the sheath in a store maybe he was set up.

Absolutely not...In a trial there has to be evidence of this.

BK is on video touching a sheath in a store. Video caught an officer messing with the DNA. The lab caught fire....

Anything that is evidence

I guess I can say this 100 times

2 cents
Exactly! And neither can AT say "well, maybe poor little Brian touched the sheath somewhere in a store....." so he's innocent. There has to be proof of that.

204:26 To date it is helpful to Mr K. I reserve the right to change opinion.
@Nila Aella TYVM :)
for your post w link & esp'ly for the quotes and the TIME-STAMPS which are so helpful.

Difficult for some of us to listen to a clip running for sooooo long, waiting for witness to make several points that take only a few seconds each.
Easy to miss without the timestamps you gave.

Yes. She is trying to overcome the timeline. Remember, some victims took Uber home to King Rd that night, I believe this is why MPD has them.

2 Cents
Which victims? I've remembered that K/M got a private ride, and I thought E/X walked from the frat house. Did BF or DM Uber home? Also, do Ubers generally have dashcams? I thought maybe that's why....

Which victims? I've remembered that K/M got a private ride, and I thought E/X walked from the frat house. Did BF or DM Uber home? Also, do Ubers generally have dashcams? I thought maybe that's why....

Yes, Maddie and Kaylee. Private driver, that is enough for Moscow police and FBI to have records. Most likely a dashcam in private driver's car. This private driver is a witness. Helps establish the timeline.

AT needs them... These UBER records....she is trying to skew the timeline.....my feeling on it.

Yes, Maddie and Kaylee. Private driver, that is enough for Moscow police and FBI to have records. Most likely a dashcam in private driver's car. This private driver is a witness. Helps establish the timeline.

AT needs them... These UBER records....she is trying to skew the timeline.....my feeling on it.
Thanks, CC. I had forgotten this. And they probably couldn't use "Uber" in that article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB