Found Deceased 4 young males, Jevon Hurst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Fitchett, Hugo Morris, traveling in a silver Ford Fiesta,Harlech/Porthmadog,North Wales,19 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe it's different in Wales, my local police force is very active on it's social media with press releases, anyone can see all their public information, facebook is awash with it. I guess it says something about the quality of journalists nowadays if they can't be relied upon to transfer the written word from one place to another accurately without a video of it. Although I suppose a video means they don't even have to do any journalism at all
Many people like to receive their news visually too

So, assuming it hasn't changed much in the past 15 years, the road that is closed (the A4085 according to news reports) I know it well. It's fairly narrow, at the side of the road there are ditches, streams and at least one river. The road goes quite close to the river in some areas and in particular there is a sharp bend and a bridge across the river at one point. Additionally, in places the sides of the road are heavily wooded, although I'm not sure what type of trees so at this time of year it's possible that the trees have no leaves. I think a vehicle could come off the road at any of several spots along the road and not be seen easily. It's a beautiful area, very picturesque but a challenging drive in bad weather.

Maybe it's different in Wales, my local police force is very active on it's social media with press releases, anyone can see all their public information, facebook is awash with it. I guess it says something about the quality of journalists nowadays if they can't be relied upon to transfer the written word from one place to another accurately without a video of it. Although I suppose a video means they don't even have to do any journalism at all.
I think many people appreciate a personal approach when receiving news updates ,particularly if it is upsetting news. Not everyone has facebook . First-hand news is superior to news via social media.

So, assuming it hasn't changed much in the past 15 years, the road that is closed (the A4085 according to news reports) I know it well. It's fairly narrow, at the side of the road there are ditches, streams and at least one river. The road goes quite close to the river in some areas and in particular there is a sharp bend and a bridge across the river at one point. Additionally, in places the sides of the road are heavily wooded, although I'm not sure what type of trees so at this time of year it's possible that the trees have no leaves. I think a vehicle could come off the road at any of several spots along the road and not be seen easily. It's a beautiful area, very picturesque but a challenging drive in bad weather.
Yeah the road is very narrow - it was reported that the river level was extremely high on Sunday and the weather was awful - we will find out soon I guess but MOO is that the car probably veered off the road on the tight turn into the water.

The one thing with this road is you don’t get more than a split second to form like a correction.

Four bodies recovered from car in 'tragic accident'​

Ahead of the planned statement at 4.30pm, North Wales Police have issued the below on thier Facebook page

I think many people appreciate a personal approach when receiving news updates ,particularly if it is upsetting news. Not everyone has facebook . First-hand news is superior to news via social media.

I agree.

I think with this being 4 young men, who all look to be lovely, decent kids, there may be a feeling of wanting to make the announcement as kind/sensitive as possible, for the families sake.

Four bodies recovered from car in 'tragic accident'​

Ahead of the planned statement at 4.30pm, North Wales Police have issued the below on thier Facebook page
My heart breaks.

Thoughts are with the families at this time.

Hug your loved ones tight.. you never know when you’re going to run out of time

X

Yeah the road is very narrow - it was reported that the river level was extremely high on Sunday and the weather was awful - we will find out soon I guess but MOO is that the car probably veered off the road on the tight turn into the water.

The one thing with this road is you don’t get more than a split second to form like a correction.

Thanks for the info about the weather on Sunday. I no longer have family in the area, so wasn't sure. Agree completely with your assessment of the drive!

Oh no just heard on Sky four bodies found. Those poor boys and their families

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back