4937 Hopespring Dr Goes into Foreclosure

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be because they owe more on the house than it is worth in this economy.

That is the case with nearly any house or car purchase in the early stages of the loan, and only made worse by the huge drop in Fl real estate values. Still, selling would mitigate at least some of the damage.

Even if they thought they were coming into lots of $$$, I'd think they would want to preserve their credit. They could move into a rental apartment in a condo, and have an agent do all the work selling their house. They'd never have to see it again...

Puzzled... I guess little they do makes sense to me anyway, so this is just one more thing. :)

That is the case with nearly any house or car purchase in the early stages of the loan, and only made worse by the huge drop in Fl real estate values. Still, selling would mitigate at least some of the damage.

Even if they thought they were coming into lots of $$$, I'd think they would want to preserve their credit. They could move into a rental apartment in a condo, and have an agent do all the work selling their house. They'd never have to see it again...

Puzzled... I guess little they do makes sense to me anyway, so this is just one more thing. :)

BBM......ITA
To try to really understand...... would be an exercise in futility without knowledge of their motives.

Just another way the A's are victims of society (in their minds). I'm sure being in that home was painful. Casey grew up there as well as Caylee. I'm not sure how I would feel staying there if it were me.. but, I wouldn't stop paying the mortgage because of painful memories. Losing their home to foreclosure won't bring Caylee back.. nor will it get Casey out of jail. Life's responsibilities really must go on.

One thing that A's seemingly have not learned is that life has to go on. They almost seem to revel in being perpetual victims.

A house in their area sold for $85,000. They would be on the hook for the remainder and there is no guarantee it will sell. BC is their attorney and I am sure they are doing exactly what he has advised them to do. Either way, there credit is shot and they may want to hold onto those credit cards and their cars and let the house go. It must be hard for them to live there. JMO

Just on Local 6 - not up on their website yet.

Bank of America filed the papers today. The Anthony's did not even know, Mike Deforest broke the news to them!!!

No payments ($785/month) have been made since June 1, 2009.

Story should be up soon, with more detail.

ETA: Story up now - http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22640223/detail.html

There are 3 able-bodied adults in that house. They need to work and pay that relatively small mortgage payment.

I understand grief and a mourning period- but enough is enough. A hard day at work would probably do them all good.

If all 3 have serious mental health disabilities, there's always disability.

I guess I join the cynics who have seen them all well groomed and well-traveled- with no apparent reason for not prioritizing their mortgage payments, except a hidden personal gain.

JoAnn_W

A house in their area sold for $85,000. They would be on the hook for the remainder and there is no guarantee it will sell. BC is their attorney and I am sure they are doing exactly what he has advised them to do. Either way, there credit is shot and they may want to hold onto those credit cards and their cars and let the house go. It must be hard for them to live there. JMO

If they are 'broke' it would make more sense to try to hold onto it, rather than lose it and have to pay considerably more to rent... JMO It doesn't much matter what your house is worth if you don't need to sell it when the market is depressed.

I can truly understand why they would want out of that house, I would too, considering what may have taken place there. However, what puzzles me is why they wouldn't try to sell it. They will have big credit problems now, and even sold at a loss, the damage would have been a lot less.

With the money they were getting, they could have paid off the house, THEN sold it. That wouldn't have screwed up their credit.

There are 3 able-bodied adults in that house. They need to work and pay that relatively small mortgage payment.

I understand grief and a mourning period- but enough is enough. A hard day at work would probably do them all good.

If all 3 have serious mental health disabilities, there's always disability.

I guess I join the cynics who have seen them all well groomed and well-traveled- with no apparent reason for not prioritizing their mortgage payments, except a hidden personal gain.

JoAnn_W

From what we know, Cindy is still on disability. She said it was approved for 2 years, so that income is still coming in. Lee still has income, also, although we don't know how much.

I know this is bad, but I have this thought none the less. Maybe they think they are going to jail too.

They could do a short sale. Usually you are responsible for the difference between the sale price and what you owe the mortgage company which you have to claim as income on your taxes. However, I think I heard/read that right now, because of the market, you could get the mortgage company to agree not to hold you liable for the difference.

They could have also gone to their mortgage company for a loan modification and possibly negoiated the principal down to whatever the current market value of the house is. This would have significantly lowered their payments and I think that the mortgage company would have been more sympathetic to their case because of what happened to Caylee and why they have not been able to work and make payments.

Also, at the amount of their mortgage, they could put the house up for rent if they don't want to live there. It is a good deal for the size of house and neighborhood. It would probably rent easily even with the notoriety of this case or maybe because of it.

They just didn't want to pay the mortgage payments for whatever reason. If they had wanted to pay it, they would have found a way. My mortgage payment is $1800 a month and I am unemployed and we manage to make that payment every month whether anything else gets paid or not.

You know Moe, you might be onto something. If I knew jail was a possibility down the road, I might stop making payments on things I won't get to keep, and do things I won't be able to do anymore while I can. The problem I can't get past is that I just can't believe that they're willing to go to jail for Casey. I would think they'd fight that tooth and nail.

Honestly, I think they were expecting a lot more money at some point, and were just going to make up the back payments then. I really don't think they expected to be this poor and struggling when they were expecting movie and book deals from the beginning. I think they just didn't care about the house payments when the money was supposed to be rolling in, and now that's it not, for the first time they realize that they are in trouble and may actually lose their house.

That and they probably are afraid of someone else getting it and tearing it apart to find more clues or maybe find something they're still hiding and want no one else to see. I wonder if they were angrier or more scared when LP offered to help them out. I'm kind of surprised they would think they could still get handouts at this point. Wait, I'm talking about the A's, they who are bigger and more important than Oprah. What was I thinking?

It hurts when Karma bites, doesn't it? These people need to stop crying "woe is me," get a quiet job somewhere, and just GO AWAY. Doing that would benefit everybody, including them!

I think all their money has gone to the defense bill and they are banking on a book, movie or documentary on the horizon to bail them out, plus some.

I can truly understand why they would want out of that house, I would too, considering what may have taken place there. However, what puzzles me is why they wouldn't try to sell it. They will have big credit problems now, and even sold at a loss, the damage would have been a lot less.

I think that house would be difficult if not impossible to sell. The house has got a reputation now - the house is where a 2-year-old child lived who was murdered. She may have been murdered in the house.

I don't think many people would want to buy a house where a tragedy occurred, especially a possible murder. Factor in all the curious people who drive down the street, stop and look at the house, and then make the trip around the corner to the site where the remains were found, just to see for themselves how close to the Anthony home Caylee was.

A prospective buyer would have to know that privacy might be an issue. Does Florida have disclosure laws? In California buyers have to be informed someone died in a home.

I know this is bad, but I have this thought none the less. Maybe they think they are going to jail too.

Saving their pennies for the commissary? Wouldn't that be a hoot. George could get some really nice tats too. What really has me wondering is where Lee skedaddled off to?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/5398167/zfg-v-ca-docket-inf

I'm reading around...seems the amended compliant was to add Cindy Anthony to that lawsuit...and to add punitive damages..the best I can do is find articles to that amended complaint...I cannot find the document...If this is not proper here, please delete it or move...Could this have been a conscience thought to go into foreclosure so, in case ZFG wins, CA may have to pay up????

Gonzalez's attorneys have amended their complaint by saying Cindy Anthony, Casey's mother, spread the defamation on television, DeForest added. Kasen has 20 days to respond to the amended complaint, DeForest said.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...-continue.html

"She told her mother that didn't happen and then authorized her mother, according to her mother, authorized her to go public and she stood in front of a bank of cameras and denied that she had cleared Zenaida Gonzalez by looking at the photograph. Thereby putting the cloud of suspicion and the target right back on our client’s back," said Keith Mitnik, Gonzalez’s attorney.

Kasen said he will try to have lawsuit dismissed again because this is not the Zenaida Gonzalez Anthony was ever talking about, and therefore never defamed her.

"You can not intentionally harm someone that you don't know. You can only harm an individual that you've had contact with and that you know,” Kasen said.
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...dismissed.html

The lawsuit asks for money from lost wages, and on Tuesday the judge let lawyers amend the complaint to also add punitive damages.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520682,00.html

The A's have an attorney and are probably doing whatever they being told to do regarding the home. It is possible they are providing money for KC's defense, too. Either way, they really probably do not have a lot of money by the end of the month. JMO

I know that I'm in the minority here but I'll say it anyway. From the beginning of this lawsuit, I have thought it frivolous. The fact that KC did not identify a picture of this ZG coupled with the reality that this woman is not Fernandez-Gonzalez, that the name is apparently much more common than I had ever imagined, indicate to me that this woman, egged on by what I consider an unethical lawyer, sought to gain monetarily by a coincidence.

The deposition of the Anthonys was nothing short of a publicity stunt in which the lawyers sought to disgrace the entire family, for professing belief in their daughter's tall tale and for not wanting to expose family matters that involved only them and her. Can anyone, in their sorry positions at that time, say that they would have done otherwise? Most of us who are parents and gps, would have grasped at any straw in order to hang on to a shred of hope, first that the baby was still alive, and second, that our own flesh and blood had not harmed her.

As many of you have previously done, I now have an almost contemptuous view of the Anthonys' actions, particularly in their public appearances. However, that doesn't mean that they deserved to be punished by a money hungry, attention seeking person who was not a wage earner to begin with, when this whole sad story began to unravel.

I think it is very possible that the Anthonys were advised to lose their home, because the odds are great, given the antipathy aginst them, they would lose it to this person in a trial. And lose it only because of the poor public opinion of them and the public's apetite for revenge against a baby killer. The glaring problem is that they did not kill little Caylee, they loved her. They're being punished because they apparently still love their daughter, despite her heinous actions.

In any case, they have lost everything they once held dear except their son. They will never have normal lives again and will always be recipients of public scorn. While I don't see them as any kind of great examples of parental demeanor in tragedy, I think their basic personalities (mainly CA's) directed their behaviour reflexibly. From what we know of them, they (mainly CA) were hardworking parents with a tendency to overlook or minimize their daughter's troubling traits, with total ignorance of her true disorder. While I feel saddest for little Caylee, I can only imagine the depths of despair CA must feel in her soul in the stillness of night, as she remembers and reflects. I wouldn't trade places with her for all the tea in China. Her life will be a daily misery to live, even on a cruise ship in the sun.

In the St. of Florida , differing from other States, you can not lose your home to pay civil damages. The most ZFG could do is file a judgement against them and a lien be placed on the home. THe money would be paid to her after the house sold BUT ONLY if there was equity. There is no equity. I doubt this is the reason for the foreclosure as their attorney would have informed them of this from the onset.

I know that I'm in the minority here but I'll say it anyway. From the beginning of this lawsuit, I have thought it frivolous. The fact that KC did not identify a picture of this ZG coupled with the reality that this woman is not Fernandez-Gonzalez, that the name is apparently much more common than I had ever imagined, indicate to me that this woman, egged on by what I consider an unethical lawyer, sought to gain monetarily by a coincidence.

The deposition of the Anthonys was nothing short of a publicity stunt in which the lawyers sought to disgrace the entire family, for professing belief in their daughter's tall tale and for not wanting to expose family matters that involved only them and her. Can anyone, in their sorry positions at that time, say that they would have done otherwise? Most of us who are parents and gps, would have grasped at any straw in order to hang on to a shred of hope, first that the baby was still alive, and second, that our own flesh and blood had not harmed her.

As many of you have previously done, I now have an almost contemptuous view of the Anthonys' actions, particularly in their public appearances. However, that doesn't mean that they deserved to be punished by a money hungry, attention seeking person who was not a wage earner to begin with, when this whole sad story began to unravel.

I think it is very possible that the Anthonys were advised to lose their home, because the odds are great, given the antipathy aginst them, they would lose it to this person in a trial. And lose it only because of the poor public opinion of them and the public's apetite for revenge against a baby killer. The glaring problem is that they did not kill little Caylee, they loved her. They're being punished because they apparently still love their daughter, despite her heinous actions.

In any case, they have lost everything they once held dear except their son. They will never have normal lives again and will always be recipients of public scorn. While I don't see them as any kind of great examples of parental demeanor in tragedy, I think their basic personalities (mainly CA's) directed their behaviour reflexibly. From what we know of them, they (mainly CA) were hardworking parents with a tendency to overlook or minimize their daughter's troubling traits, with total ignorance of her true disorder. While I feel saddest for little Caylee, I can only imagine the depths of despair CA must feel in her soul in the stillness of night, as she remembers and reflects. I wouldn't trade places with her for all the tea in China. Her life will be a daily misery to live, even on a cruise ship in the sun.

Can you explain how the word frivolous applies when Zenaida lost her job, as a housekeeper, and consequently her home, directly because of the Anthony family? However meager her earnings were, it was all she had, coupled with her good name,which is worth a LOT to her . To me, my good name means everything, I could not put a price on it.. Her name was damaged and she is associated forever with that scurrilous clan.

You know, all they had to do during the deposition was to behave with some decorum and tell the truth. What's so difficult to do? If they believed their daughter innocent it should have been pretty simple....? They were both livid with rage that someone was actually holding them accountable for what they said/did. They got pinned down by their own lies and we watched them squirm.

Don't blame the victim.

I don't know how CA could identify a photo since she has never seen ZG.

Plus the A's have insurance on their home, or had insurance when this occurred. They would not lose their home because of a lawsuit. I also doubt Mr. Morgan does anything remotely frivolous. If the A's had answered questions honestly there would be little to talk about. They were rude, arrogant and disrespectful, especically to the plaintiff. My guess is Mr. Morgan knows why KC identified the drop off as Sawgrass because of the connection to ZG. Too much of a coincidence. Most attorneys already know the answers to the questions they are asking. The A's hung themselves out to dry and KC could have ended this at any time. Interesting that KC has not withdrawn her lawsuit against ZG. KC has picked her battle and clearly will probably regret her actions. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz