4937 Hopespring Dr Goes into Foreclosure

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Casey was not a student under 24 like your son. So she could not qualify that way.

My first post :blushing:

IRS rules state that you can indeed claim a child over the age of 18 if they do not work, live with you & you provide over 1/2 of their support. Since KC lived at home and we know she didn't work, C&G could have claimed both her and Caylee as dependents. And, also according to IRS rules, if the child lives with others beside the parent, the person(s) who make the most money in the household is supposed to claim the child. Knowing what they now know about KC not working, they could amend prior returns back to 2006. However.....

I do wonder if KC "farmed out" Caylee to someone else. It is very common for women that do not work to do this, although it is illegal. The mom allows a friend to claim the child, the friend gets a big refund (depending on that person's income & withholding, it could total over $5000+ !), then gives part of the refund to the mom as a sort of kickback. The IRS is really cracking down on people that claim children other than their own and making them prove the child lived with them, but people still get away with it. Every year the questions we have to ask clients who claim children other than their own grows longer & longer. Clients have to sign statements we keep in their file to back up what they tell us, and to cover our butts to prove we asked the correct questions...

ETA: IF C&G amend their returns to include Caylee, AND if someone else did indeed claim her as a "favor" to KC, that person will be in trouble big time for filing a fraudulent return & will have to pay back the original tax advantage filing Caylee provided them, plus penalties & interest from 4/15 of tax year(s) filed.

What i do not understand is how ZG can sue the A's because KC did not live with the A's. She lived with everyone but the A's?

I don't think they added Cindy to the lawsuit because Casey lived with her. I thought Cindy was added because she claimed that ZFG was the kidnapper to the press.

What i do not understand is how ZG can sue the A's because KC did not live with the A's. She lived with everyone but the A's?

KC did not have to live with Cindy to have been included. Cindy was added because Cindy continued to say that ZG was responsible, and continued on with the charade after it was proven there was no ZG and Casey had lied, continuing to defame ZG. Cindy was added because of what Cindy had done... It had nothing to do with KC living there or not.

I do not understand why anyone thinks that ZG is suing Cindy. The Clerk of Courts records would have that information if it was true. This is not the reason that the Anthony home is being foreclosed on. At this time, ZG is only suing Casey. I do believe that Cindy's deposition was used by Morgan to be able to amend the original complaint against Casey to include punitive damages. But Cindy, herself, is not being sued at this time.

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Click CIVIL CASES, type in Cynthia Anthony, under Case Status select OPEN, scroll down and click SEARCH.

Legally KC was still living with her parents. The majority of her clothes, furniture, possessions were still in the home. KC never moved out or changed her legal address. Therefore KC was still a resident of the home. JMO

I haven't had a chance to read this entire thread so pls forgive if this has been brought up.
Back in July or maybe August of 2008 someone posted here (sorry no link) that there had been an issue with CA and an apartment landlord, years and years ago, before she and GA were married. If I remember correctly she was evicted due to non payment of the rent.
It seemed odd to me at the time, because this was when CA was doing lots of interviews and before she became so combative. It seemed to be out of character at the time. Does anyone else remember seeing this ?
Thanks WS !
Misy.

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=7113423 Civil case, type in CA.

Interesting that BC is not her lawyer. CA has retained Mark Lippman, where is the money coming from? Also interesting that the summons was returned unserved, was CA hiding out in the house when they came to deliver it? :)

Mark Lippman profile:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-lippman/3/741/888

The summons server probably went to the front door. The A's use the garage to come and go per their statements. That's why they missed the notice from the tow yard. But yes, I have no doubt they hid. My guess is hiding is their new normal.

My first post :blushing:

IRS rules state that you can indeed claim a child over the age of 18 if they do not work, live with you & you provide over 1/2 of their support. Since KC lived at home and we know she didn't work, C&G could have claimed both her and Caylee as dependents. And, also according to IRS rules, if the child lives with others beside the parent, the person(s) who make the most money in the household is supposed to claim the child. Knowing what they now know about KC not working, they could amend prior returns back to 2006. However.....

I do wonder if KC "farmed out" Caylee to someone else. It is very common for women that do not work to do this, although it is illegal. The mom allows a friend to claim the child, the friend gets a big refund (depending on that person's income & withholding, it could total over $5000+ !), then gives part of the refund to the mom as a sort of kickback. The IRS is really cracking down on people that claim children other than their own and making them prove the child lived with them, but people still get away with it. Every year the questions we have to ask clients who claim children other than their own grows longer & longer. Clients have to sign statements we keep in their file to back up what they tell us, and to cover our butts to prove we asked the correct questions...

ETA: IF C&G amend their returns to include Caylee, AND if someone else did indeed claim her as a "favor" to KC, that person will be in trouble big time for filing a fraudulent return & will have to pay back the original tax advantage filing Caylee provided them, plus penalties & interest from 4/15 of tax year(s) filed.

And what a great first post it is!!! Tks itsy and
:Welcome-12-june:

This is my first post, I've lurked for a good while. Someone made mention about Lee moving in with CA & GA. I read that he did indeed move in about a year ago to "help them with expenses" but Kathi Belich reported that she had heard he had since moved out.

Also, according to the timetable, shortly after he moved in is when they stopped paying the mortgage payments! Seems to me that again when Lee found out things were getting deep, he bailed, just as he left the investigation business alone very quickly! :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

:Welcome-12-june:

I do not understand why anyone thinks that ZG is suing Cindy. The Clerk of Courts records would have that information if it was true. This is not the reason that the Anthony home is being foreclosed on. At this time, ZG is only suing Casey. I do believe that Cindy's deposition was used by Morgan to be able to amend the original complaint against Casey to include punitive damages. But Cindy, herself, is not being sued at this time.

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Click CIVIL CASES, type in Cynthia Anthony, under Case Status select OPEN, scroll down and click SEARCH.

If you search the civil case against Casey, you'll find the following:

12/19/2008 Notice Appearance of Counsel
Notice Appearance of Counsel|DEFT CINDY ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL
Notice Appearance of Counsel|DEFT GEORGE ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL

They are not listed as defendants in the header, or anytime after that, so I'm not sure if ZF-G's amended complaint (which was allowed on 06/03/2009) dropped them or not.

The foreclosure case against Cindy has been updated on the Orange County website:
03/09/2010 Summons Returned Unserved
03/09/2010 Summons Returned Served
sub cynthia anthony spouse
03/10/2010 Affirmative Defenses
Affirmative Defenses NOTICE OF APPEARANCE
03/10/2010 Motion for Mediation
Motion for Mediation
03/10/2010 Request for Documents
Request for Documents

Anybody know what it means?

If you search the civil case against Casey, you'll find the following:

Notice Appearance of Counsel|DEFT CINDY ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL
Notice Appearance of Counsel|DEFT GEORGE ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL

They are not listed as defendants in the header, or anytime after that, so I'm not sure if ZF-G's amended complaint (which was allowed on 06/03/2009) dropped them or not.

IIRC, that was the time that BC showed up to get a delay in Cindy and George from having to give their depos. BC showed up, and George and Cindy were nowhere in sight. It took Morgan over a year to finally get them to sit for their depositions. If they had ever been a defendant in the Civil Case, the Clerk of Courts records would show that, if searching on their names.

The foreclosure case against Cindy has been updated on the Orange County website:
sub cynthia anthony spouse
03/10/2010 Affirmative Defenses
Affirmative Defenses NOTICE OF APPEARANCE
03/10/2010 Motion for Mediation
Motion for Mediation
03/10/2010 Request for Documents
Request for Documents

Anybody know what it means?

Hi there, I am not a lawyer but I can guess for you till one of them comes on.
They tried to serve ( deliver in person) court documents to Mrs. Anthony and were unsuccessful a few times..returning with the document unserved.

Then they were able to serve ( in person ) to someone likely George or Cindy and that is why it says return served ( mission accomplished).

My understanding of Notice of Appearance is the lawyer letting the judge and opposing lawyers know there is a lawyer on the case and who that person is, for the record.

Motion for mediation I believe is a request to mediate, work this out.

Request for documents is just that exactly, one side or the other is asking for documents, much like your lender may ask you to produce proof of your income and like documents in order to refinance or modify your loan.

Again, I am not a lawyer. I hope that helps a little.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22820117/detail.html

George and Cindy Anthony have failed to pay their mortgage for nine straight months, according to records. The couple claims Bank of America failed to notify them of their delinquency as required by federal regulation.

I watched Tru~tv for awhile today. Vinnie was speaking of KC with Jean Casarus (sp)..Jean was talking about the indigent KC.. She said there is a law in Florida which can make the parents responsible if the indigent person was living with them at the time and they were supporting her.She did not say they would,she said it was possible.Right off I thought of house going into foreclosure.I like Jean,she knows her stuff :woohoo:

I watched Tru~tv for awhile today. Vinnie was speaking of KC with Jean Casarus (sp)..Jean was talking about the indigent KC.. She said there is a law in Florida which can make the parents responsible if the indigent person was living with them at the time and they were supporting her.She did not say they would,she said it was possible.Right off I thought of house going into foreclosure.I like Jean,she knows her stuff :woohoo:

I don't think the information will be divulged to the public, but since mom and pop are trying to get a loan modification or make some arrangements to pull their home out of foreclosure ( they have requested mediation ) they will indeed be asked to provide proof of their financial information. I assume that Cindy knows when answering questions under oath anything she says can indeed by looked into. I do recall her saying Casey did her own taxes, but did she say she did claim the baby? Do any of you know if in the state depo these questions were posed to she and George or only in the civil?

I don't think the information will be divulged to the public, but since mom and pop are trying to get a loan modification or make some arrangements to pull their home out of foreclosure ( they have requested mediation ) they will indeed be asked to provide proof of their financial information. I assume that Cindy knows when answering questions under oath anything she says can indeed by looked into. I do recall her saying Casey did her own taxes, but did she say she did claim the baby? Do any of you know if in the state depo these questions were posed to she and George or only in the civil?

In the St. of FL. all foreclosures now go through mandatory mediation prior to any further actions. I just wanted to mention that because I don't think it is proof that they are in fact trying to save the house.

http://foreclosuredefensenationwide.com/?p=189

In the St. of FL. all foreclosures now go through mandatory mediation prior to any further actions. I just wanted to mention that because I don't think it is proof that they are in fact trying to save the house.

http://foreclosuredefensenationwide.com/?p=189

Thank you, that is very interesting to me. WOW. You guys sure give folks a lot of slack, which outside of these folks we are talking about, I am all for the families that are struggling getting all the help they can. Where I live if your home is foreclosed on, it is a done deal and if you do not move out willingly, you will be ..in slang...put out.

Thank you Sleuther!! Brad has said publicly they are trying to negotiate with the lender. God bless him, they could be lying to him too. I feel mean saying that, but I honestly don't trust Cindy as far as I can throw her. Help, I used to be a sweet girl.

Thank you, that is very interesting to me. WOW. You guys sure give folks a lot of slack, which outside of these folks we are talking about, I am all for the families that are struggling getting all the help they can. Where I live if your home is foreclosed on, it is a done deal and if you do not move out willingly, you will be ..in slang...put out.

Thank you Sleuther!! Brad has said publicly they are trying to negotiate with the lender. God bless him, they could be lying to him too. I feel mean saying that, but I honestly don't trust Cindy as far as I can throw her. Help, I used to be a sweet girl.

I think it is more than "giving people slack". Florida has one of the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. With the number of vacation homes, second homes ( because of the sunshine and balmy winter) and beach properties and the crash in the market...even people who wanted to sell find that they can't because lenders are not even financing those properties anymore.

Fl. has a fair share of primary residence foreclosures but the lenders are literally overwhelmed and their legal budgets are being depleted just to regain control of the property that they don't want.

The mediation period is not so much a trying to save the home thing....but it is also appointing someone that can assist with short sales, deed in lieu of foreclosure, etc.... Everyday mortgage holders can't even get a lender to return their call to work out a plan. By going into the mediation period.....the bank knows they have a better chance of working out a deal that may save the banks money and minimize their losses.

I hadn't realized the A's finances could actually come into play regarding Casey's indigency. Thanks for the information ~ I can't watch during the day and totally missed this. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678