4937 Hopespring Dr Goes into Foreclosure

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if they have no equity in the house it may just be the optimal exit strategy. i will pull the chain if title and see if there is anything of interest.

How can they leave the home where they spent so much time with Caylee, where she spent the only time she had, with them? all the good memories are there. Sure its also a sad place but anywhere else they go, they cannot take Caylee's presence with them. I couldn't do it.

they had means to make the payments. I hate to think all their money went in to legal fees for Casey, to their own detriment. Maybe the mysterious backer will bail them out. (Maybe their buddies will bail them out, the Millsteads.)

I dont care for anything they've done associated with this debacle, but I cannot think they could actually bear to leave the last connection they have with little Caylee. I dont count any "ashes jewelry" or that kind of thing. Cindy has a shrine to Caylee in the bedroom, how could she leave that or even risk having another family living there, making a notorious spectacle of it or changing it? Cindy has too much need to control to relinquish this last bastion of Caylee-memory.

I don't pity them in this, if they lose the only home Caylee ever had, only in the loss of her from their lives... I do pity them in that. Horrible thing to live with the rest of their lives.

The link is up now:

http://www.clickorlando.com/topstories/22640223/detail.html

From Conway:

Many had speculated that the Anthonys were profiting off book and movie deals, but their attorney said this foreclosure proves that never occurred.

From the article above:

"The Anthonys have owned the Hopespring Drive property since 1989, but four years ago they refinanced their home for $121,000. According to the filing, they still owe nearly all of that money.
Bank of America said that since June 2009, the Anthonys have failed to make their $785 monthly payments."

Guess that's one way to live mortgage free for awhile. :furious:

if they have no equity in the house it may just be the optimal exit strategy. i will pull the chain if title and see if there is anything of interest.
Yes, it would be interesting to see if they pulled out anything for the defense.

CA, could file for social security disability insurance SSDI, which would be ongoing for years - mental stress, maybe ptsd -

Having said that - I was ok when reading the article until I got to the comment by "their attorney" - Sorry, I don't believe any of it. None of it. None of the reasons. None of it.

I think that if they can run a 'foundation' , make presentations at hospitals to promote their Caylee bears,appear on National and local TV, they should be able to do some paid work. You can have mental stress, depression, anxiety and PTSD and still work for a living to support yourself, in fact work is probably the best therapy for them.

Cindy was a hard worker. You don't have to look any further than her work record but, Cindy has said time and time again that she can go back to work at Gentiva (sp?). She has also been collecting unemployment and like someone else pointed out, Lee moved home to help them with their bills.

And, they have made money off of media appearances. I don't think we will ever know exactly how much they have made.

I know I sound like an awful person, but I see nothing more than the Anthony family feeling that since they are the "Anthony Family" that people should pity them. I lost pity for them a long time ago.

Also, twenty thousand dollars should have been able to pay their morgage for AT LEAST a year (after taxes). If they chose to spend that money on unneccessary luxuries (cruises, tat's, piercings)... it's their own fault.

BBM

Actually, if they DO file for bankruptcy - which seems to me like the next logical step - wouldn't they have to list EVERY source of income for the last year or so, and where it went?

Any bankruptcy attorneys here?

Snipped from article.

Headline: Anthony Family May Lose Caylee’s Home
Seems to me someone wants sympathy. However when KC decided to end Caylee's life a home no longer mattered.
The Anthonys attorney attributed the couple’s latest financial problems to the notoriety of the case and the emotional toll caused by their granddaughter’s slaying.
So this is why they didn't make the payments???
George Anthony, on the other hand, said he -- like many others in this economy -- is having difficulty finding work. But the Anthonys attorney said George Anthony has an added difficulty because he is instantly recognized and rejected by most employers either because of who he is or because companies fear he may bring unwanted media attention.
Hummmm!
The Anthonys said they plan to do all they can to save their home, if only to preserve the place where Caylee spent her life.
But everything else they have done has been a slap in the face to Caylee in my opinion.

Sorry for my rant. But GOSH.

I am thinking that the cruise, earrings and tatoos were donated to them. I think people give them perks to be "friends" with them. I forget how much they get from the foundation but I almost lost my house as my husband lost his job and we didnt lose our house, they just put us on a repayment schedule after he got a new job ater 8 months of not being able to find a job... so I am sure if they want to keep their house they will be abe to.I personally could not go back into that house.

Good point of the "freebies" they could have gotten, and have gotten, just for being the Anthony's.

So, with that in mind, it makes it even more of a question as to what they used all that money on?

Anyone want to bet we'll see them on the news sometime this week?

Separate from anything to do with Caylee, the Anthony's are really bad actors in their own stupid badly written movie. We need to take advice from a really good film, so quoting a line from "All the President's Men", "Follow the money".
Why does it keep coming back to that?

BBM

Actually, if they DO file for bankruptcy - which seems to me like the next logical step - wouldn't they have to list EVERY source of income for the last year or so, and where it went?

Any bankruptcy attorneys here?

Not only would they have to report any and all income from all sources, but they would also have to disclose all personal assets / property down to the dishes in the kitchen cabinet.

It goes back to...how did they NOT know?

Entitlement?

Maybe the A's felt that they didn't need to pay the mortgage because the bank would not dare foreclose on grieving grandparents and .... now the bank has threatened to it -- hits the media .... so do the bank back off and cut them a break? -- or do the A's finally get treated like everyone else?

Yeah...the rest of us would have had to go right back to work, but the Anthonys just sit on their butts waiting for handouts...ooops....forgot that they also sat on their butts when everyone else was looking for Caylee. *roll eyes*

Yes, the Anthonys have been hearing the cha-cha while everyone else is dancing to the beat of a fox trot. And this has led them to believe that they are "special" rather than "odd."

Here's a thought...

Seems we discussed a long time ago, the possibility that GA/CA bought this house by assuming one of the old VA Assumable loans since they purchased this house immediately after filing bankruptcy..

So IF they did just simply assume a VA mortgage (believe it was back in late 80s, early 90s when these loans were all over the place..), and there is no equity in the house (from what we learned?), they will not be losing ANYTHING by letting the house go back to BOA.

The foreclosure will go against the original loan holder.

BBM. Nice. Real dam nice, yet another innocent person burned by this family. These people have no shame.

I am not savy when it comes to foreclosure filings, but why are the following listed as defendants as well as the Anthonys? (JBean?)

Defendant ANTHONY, CYNTHIA M

Defendant ANTHONY, GEORGE A
Also known as ANTHONY, GEORGE

Defendant CHICKASAW OAKS PHASE THREE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION INC

Defendant STATE OF FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE

Defendant UNITED GUARANTY RESIDENTIAL INSURACE COMPANY OF NORTH CAROLAINA
(second mortgage holder?)

Defendant UNKNOWN PARTIES IN POSSESSION 1

Defendant UNKNOWN PARTIES IN POSSESSION 2

Plaintiff BANK OF AMERICA NA

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=7113423

Snipped from article.

Headline: Anthony Family May Lose Caylee’s Home
Seems to me someone wants sympathy. However when KC decided to end Caylee's life a home no longer mattered.
The Anthonys attorney attributed the couple’s latest financial problems to the notoriety of the case and the emotional toll caused by their granddaughter’s slaying.
So this is why they didn't make the payments???
George Anthony, on the other hand, said he -- like many others in this economy -- is having difficulty finding work. But the Anthonys attorney said George Anthony has an added difficulty because he is instantly recognized and rejected by most employers either because of who he is or because companies fear he may bring unwanted media attention.
Hummmm!
The Anthonys said they plan to do all they can to save their home, if only to preserve the place where Caylee spent her life.
But everything else they have done has been a slap in the face to Caylee in my opinion.

Sorry for my rant. But GOSH.
Funny...they have a whole lot to say on a very personal matter. Wonder who tipped this guy off?

BBM. Nice. Real dam nice, yet another innocent person burned by this family. These people have no shame.

It appears they refinanced the house, so the original loan has been satisfied and the original owner will not be affected.

I am not savy when it comes to foreclosure filings, but why are the following listed as defendants as well as the Anthonys? (JBean?)

Defendant ANTHONY, CYNTHIA M

Defendant ANTHONY, GEORGE A
Also known as ANTHONY, GEORGE

Defendant CHICKASAW OAKS PHASE THREE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION INC

Defendant STATE OF FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE

Defendant UNITED GUARANTY RESIDENTIAL INSURACE COMPANY OF NORTH CAROLAINA
(second mortgage holder?)

Defendant UNKNOWN PARTIES IN POSSESSION 1

Defendant UNKNOWN PARTIES IN POSSESSION 2

Plaintiff BANK OF AMERICA NA

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=7113423
When you file for foreclosure you must notice all interested parties and those with liens against the property. If there is a HOA with dues then they are an interested party. UGIC is a PMI company. If their loan exceeded 80% loan to value then they are an interested party as well. In a foreclosure you also "notice" unknown parties that may be residing there that are not mortgage holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces