50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
believe09: I do like your letter style.
But I think Carolwood was thinking of someone always on call, for any newspaper, tv show, etc. to contact. If FBI Bill K, wants to do that, it would be great.
I am thinking I should not talk for carolwood. She worked for a newspaper and knows what is needed.

I think for the purposes of putting something out on the WWW, FBI Bill will be the best bet if you catch my drift. I know we have discussed in the past NB and BK's feeling regarding privacy. Agent Kirkconnell is well versed on handling the media-especially with Mr. Kyle's case, lol.

Carolwood has spoken to him, I believe-it cannot hurt to let him know what she is doing on behalf of BK and that he might get a few calls?

Yes, I need to know if FBI Bill would be his contact. I want to contact the AP, and all local tv news and newspaper media, that I can find on the net, but wanted to make sure there is someone who, if needed for a interview and/or verification, would be able to communicate this to Ben.
I also know that some of this has been done already, but persistance, will eventually get Ben's face in newspapers and tv stations.
If anyone wants to help, I would like to know what papers and TV news stations there are in CO, KS, MO, OK, TX, IL, and IN to begin. Once we get a list of these, we can draw up a draft letter, and once we agree, we will send it to each and ever one of them above at the same time.
What do you all think of this?
I will start with the State of Texas. Please if you would like to help, list what state you want to take. Thanks

Yes, I need to know if FBI Bill would be his contact. I want to contact the AP, and all local tv news and newspaper media, that I can find on the net, but wanted to make sure there is someone who, if needed for a interview and/or verification, would be able to communicate this to Ben.
I also know that some of this has been done already, but persistance, will eventually get Ben's face in newspapers and tv stations.
If anyone wants to help, I would like to know what papers and TV news stations there are in CO, KS, MO, OK, TX, IL, and IN to begin. Once we get a list of these, we can draw up a draft letter, and once we agree, we will send it to each and ever one of them above at the same time.
What do you all think of this?
I will start with the State of Texas. Please if you would like to help, list what state you want to take. Thanks

Here I go, quoting myself again, but newslink.org has everything on it we need.
I also counted to around 650 media's in these states(tv news/newspapers).
This is too many at once. I believe we need to do one state at a time, starting with Colorado, Indiana, and so on.
I don't won't to overload FBI Bill with phone calls for verification, and Ben and Nurse Betty with possible interviews that can't be made in time for print/showtime. I want this to be successful campaign. In Colorado alone there are about 75 newspapers and 25 tv news stations.
I am going to contact FBI Bill and make sure this is ok with him and let you know what he says.

Here I go, quoting myself again, but newslink.org has everything on it we need.
I also counted to around 650 media's in these states(tv news/newspapers).
This is too many at once. I believe we need to do one state at a time, starting with Colorado, Indiana, and so on.
I don't won't to overload FBI Bill with phone calls for verification, and Ben and Nurse Betty with possible interviews that can't be made in time for print/showtime. I want this to be successful campaign. In Colorado alone there are about 75 newspapers and 25 tv news stations.
I am going to contact FBI Bill and make sure this is ok with him and let you know what he says.
---------------------------------------------------------
carolwood:
Just a thought. Maybe some of those news stations are owned by the same big parent company. i.e., TBS owns cnn, hln, people magazine, time, s.i., entertainment weekly,
or
McClatchy Company owns many newspapers.

---------------------------------------------------------
carolwood:
Just a thought. Maybe some of those news stations are owned by the same big parent company. i.e., TBS owns cnn, hln, people magazine, time, s.i., entertainment weekly,
or
McClatchy Company owns many newspapers.

Yes, highly likely, the company I worked for owned probably 20 small town newspapers. These are the ones we want to especially get the story in there hands, each small town newspaper. Usually each will have their own editor, that does it's own local news, and will likely have Ben's story as front page news, hopefully topfold. That's why we need a personalized approach in this quest, researching editior names to each paper, sending each one the story.

Ladies-I emailed FBI Bill and he replied that he is ready to speak to CW regarding her plans/ideas!!!

Ladies-I emailed FBI Bill and he replied that he is ready to speak to CW regarding her plans/ideas!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY! YAY! YAY! :woohoo:

to carolwood: :blowkiss:

Believe you are a doll, I will email him today my plans, I would love to call and speak with him, but I have no voice left today(I am squeaky speaking). Thanks so much again.

EMAIL IS SENT!

Ok, I am looking - I saw a story about BK's DNA results today on the ancestry match - is this old news? Has it already been discussed that he matched the Powell surname? I thought there would be a lot of discussion about these results but I'm not seeing anything?

Edited to add the story link "Using Geneology to Identify Amnesia Victim"

They mention to come to Websleuths to find out more so maybe we should talk about it. :D

Ok, I am looking - I saw a story about BK's DNA results today on the ancestry match - is this old news? Has it already been discussed that he matched the Powell surname? I thought there would be a lot of discussion about these results but I'm not seeing anything?

They mention to come to Websleuths to find out more so maybe we should talk about it. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------
dawntcb:
OH MY GOSH! I have not read one word of this. I do not think anyone else here has either. No one posted anything except you. Today.
Thank you so much for bringing it here.

Yes, we will talk about it.
I am off to read it very carefully.
Back soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------
DawnTCB:
I can't tell you when I have last been so excited!!!
I spent time reading over everything and checking out the map.

This is such good news for Benjaman Kyle. Perhaps FBI Bill K and private investigator will be able to track his family down now.

And I can hardly wait til all our websleuth's are up and on board in the morning. As you can tell, it is 2:10a.m. where I am and I got back up
to go over it all again.

:D

OK I wondered why you guys weren't more fired up, this looked to me to be the best info yet!

I made a new thread then for discussion here.

A couple of interesting links I found re: Powell and Colorado

This is a restaurant supplier in Littleton CO: (Floyd Powell) I only brought this here because Mr. Kyle seemed to have a lot of restaurant knowledge.

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_fxc2c5

The murder of Catrina Powell:

http://m.rockymountainnews.com/news/2006/Apr/24/brutal-end-to-a-tragic-life/

The murder of Catrina was interesting because she was left by a dumpster. One article said her parents were deceased, this article says the parents have never been informed.

I'm not sure that either have anything to do with Mr. Kyle- just wanted to post what I found in case anyone is googling Colorado/Powell connections.

:blowkiss:

On the Pension Search website, I decided to check and see if I could find any pension money for a Powell which might on paper look to be Benjaman Kyle.

1.) I found a John Powell who had some unclaimed pension money from the Dean Specialty Foods Company in LaJunta, CO...3 hours south of Denver, CO.

2.) I found that the same food company has a warehouse/distribution facility 4 hours SW of Savannah, GA in Cairo, GA, a straight shot on two hwys from Savannah airport.

Colorado
Dean Pickle & Specialty Products Co.

Second & Grant
P.O. Box 730
La Junta, CO 81050
(719) 384-5911

Georgia
W.B. Roddenbery Co.
800 First Avenue, S.E.
P.O. Box 60
Cairo, GA 31728
(912) 377-2102

Dean Foods also has a number of Distribution Facilities in Indiana, and has for many years. The two divisions I listed above are food service branches that distribute goods to restaurants among others.

There is no last known address for our boy Mr. Powell....but it was likely CO given that this division of Dean Foods is located specifically in CO.

I am the first to admit that I am not good at this-any thoughts from anyone else on the above???

A couple of interesting links I found re: Powell and Colorado

This is a restaurant supplier in Littleton CO: (Floyd Powell) I only brought this here because Mr. Kyle seemed to have a lot of restaurant knowledge.

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_fxc2c5

The murder of Catrina Powell:

http://m.rockymountainnews.com/news/2006/Apr/24/brutal-end-to-a-tragic-life/

The murder of Catrina was interesting because she was left by a dumpster. One article said her parents were deceased, this article says the parents have never been informed.

I'm not sure that either have anything to do with Mr. Kyle- just wanted to post what I found in case anyone is googling Colorado/Powell connections.

:blowkiss:

Ok....now that has GOT to be a major coincidence.....left by a dumpster....naked....no ID.....no clothes around....blows to the head....all those match the story of Benjaman Kyle being found!

The article about Catrina Powell states that her father left the family when she and her brother were young, and he was never seen by them again. It didn't really say if their father had died or if he just never contacted them again.

Fantastic Sleuthing!!!!!! Fanflippintastic! What you all have done today amazes me!

***christine is looking for her pom poms.....WOW!!!***

Praying for answers in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members