50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, this Joe Powell does not resemble our BK. Hair coloring way off.. BK doesn't look like he ever had dark brown or black hair and the ht is off, city data JP is only 5'7". Great find though!

Thanks Cubby- the eyes looked too dark to me and the height I was unsure of because this Joe was a friend to the people looking for him and I wasn't sure how people guestimate height.

I needed fresh eyes to look at him! :)

On the Pension Search website, I decided to check and see if I could find any pension money for a Powell which might on paper look to be Benjaman Kyle.

1.) I found a John Powell who had some unclaimed pension money from the Dean Specialty Foods Company in LaJunta, CO...3 hours south of Denver, CO.

2.) I found that the same food company has a warehouse/distribution facility 4 hours SW of Savannah, GA in Cairo, GA, a straight shot on two hwys from Savannah airport.

Colorado
Dean Pickle & Specialty Products Co.
Second & Grant
P.O. Box 730
La Junta, CO 81050
(719) 384-5911

Georgia
W.B. Roddenbery Co.
800 First Avenue, S.E.
P.O. Box 60
Cairo, GA 31728
(912) 377-2102

Dean Foods also has a number of Distribution Facilities in Indiana, and has for many years. The two divisions I listed above are food service branches that distribute goods to restaurants among others.

There is no last known address for our boy Mr. Powell....but it was likely CO given that this division of Dean Foods is located specifically in CO.

I am the first to admit that I am not good at this-any thoughts from anyone else on the above???

Our BK may be known to both food and paper suppliers in the rest. industry, however due to his knowledge of restaraunt layouts and electric I don't personally believe his employment ties to the rest ind would be through a food or paper distributor. jmo though.

I'd like to see if there is anyway to find a list of union electricians who may not have renewed their union membership in the CO area. No idea if something like that is available.

Thanks Cubby- the eyes looked too dark to me and the height I was unsure of because this Joe was a friend to the people looking for him and I wasn't sure how people guestimate height.

I needed fresh eyes to look at him! :)

YW Boyz_Mum. Good find on the info about Catrina too. Wouldn't that be a sad coincidence if BK's last name does turn out to be Powell? Though, based on her family upbringing and history compared to BK's ethics I don't see them being related unless BK really changed his life around in his later years.

YW Boyz_Mum. Good find on the info about Catrina too. Wouldn't that be a sad coincidence if BK's last name does turn out to be Powell? Though, based on her family upbringing and history compared to BK's ethics I don't see them being related unless BK really changed his life around in his later years.

There are so many factors here...one, adoption.

Catrina caught my eye because of the Powell name, and then I searched for a while to find an article (I don't have a membership for archives or anything like that) and finally found one that was the whole story. I am still unsure of Catrina's ethnicity and the fact that BK sounds so well educated, I can't see him being a runaway roofer who never contacted his family.

I've read so many Powell related inquiries/articles today, my eyes are kaput! (I do things so backwards!) Thanks so much for chiming in! :blowkiss:

In GA unclaimed Funds

Billy Powell Jr. Construction Co., Everett Powell Builder, Powell Appraisel Co., Powell Cabinet Shop

There are so many factors here...one, adoption.

Thx, Christine-if BK was adopted, his surname may not be Powell. Secondarily, if BK's mom uh,ummm, strayed and his father did not know it, his surname may not be Powell. Or anyone one of the 8 variations that are known to date:
Howell, Pauwel, Pauwels, Pouel, Powel, Powells, Powels, Powell....

Also if his mother's maiden name is Powell, he would likely have another surname. I would think it is 50/50 at best that he would actually have the last name Powell.

I don't have access to the familytree.com anymore - are there free sites like that? Might be interesting to see if family members of some of the missing show up in the Powell lineage, but I have no idea how complete that is. :confused:

On the Pension Search website, I decided to check and see if I could find any pension money for a Powell which might on paper look to be Benjaman Kyle.

1.) I found a John Powell who had some unclaimed pension money from the Dean Specialty Foods Company in LaJunta, CO...3 hours south of Denver, CO.

2.) I found that the same food company has a warehouse/distribution facility 4 hours SW of Savannah, GA in Cairo, GA, a straight shot on two hwys from Savannah airport.

Colorado
Dean Pickle & Specialty Products Co.

Second & Grant
P.O. Box 730
La Junta, CO 81050
(719) 384-5911

Georgia
W.B. Roddenbery Co.
800 First Avenue, S.E.
P.O. Box 60
Cairo, GA 31728
(912) 377-2102

Dean Foods also has a number of Distribution Facilities in Indiana, and has for many years. The two divisions I listed above are food service branches that distribute goods to restaurants among others.

There is no last known address for our boy Mr. Powell....but it was likely CO given that this division of Dean Foods is located specifically in CO.

I am the first to admit that I am not good at this-any thoughts from anyone else on the above???

John appears to be living with a Peggy Powell at the same address, and possibly owns his own construction/contracting company in La Junta-think I should call him and tell him he has some pension money waiting for him, lol??

Also if his mother's maiden name is Powell, he would likely have another surname. I would think it is 50/50 at best that he would actually have the last name Powell.

I don't have access to the familytree.com anymore - are there free sites like that? Might be interesting to see if family members of some of the missing show up in the Powell lineage, but I have no idea how complete that is. :confused:

Since I do things in a backwards manner, I have been looking at some Powells in CO on Veromi.net and searching the "possible relatives" if their last name differs. (Many woman show up with a married name and maiden name, so I check the possibles. More often than not, I can't find anything.) I've only been looking hard in CO.

I say YES, give him a call, LOL! You would have a new friend for life, ROFL! Good sleuthing on John.

John appears to be living with a Peggy Powell at the same address, and possibly owns his own construction/contracting company in La Junta-think I should call him and tell him he has some pension money waiting for him, lol??

Since I do things in a backwards manner, I have been looking at some Powells in CO on Veromi.net and searching the "possible relatives" if their last name differs. (Many woman show up with a married name and maiden name, so I check the possibles. More often than not, I can't find anything.) I've only been looking hard in CO.

lol, I've done the same thing. Threw in Indiana and GA too. Didn't find anything that really stood out to me yet.

Thinking outloud.
What do we know about this Joseph Powell DNA line? What info does Ancestry provide? (I don't have a membership). Anything we can branch out from off of this 'tree'- Do we know if this particular DNA line was always spelled Powell or was it changed?

What we'd have to work with.
1)Benjaman - if this is a correct first name and not a name of someone very dear to BK.
2)A possible 1948 birth year and possible birth date of August 29 if his memory is correct about being exactly 10 years older than Michael Jackson.
3)Possible Powell surname or mothers maiden name.

Thoughts anyone? Too broad to work with if one is good at genealogy?

anyone an ancestry expert here?

thanks!

Thinking outloud.
What do we know about this Joseph Powell DNA line? What info does Ancestry provide? (I don't have a membership). Anything we can branch out from off of this 'tree'- Do we know if this particular DNA line was always spelled Powell or was it changed?

What we'd have to work with.
1)Benjaman - if this is a correct first name and not a name of someone very dear to BK.
2)A possible 1948 birth year and possible birth date of August 29 if his memory is correct about being exactly 10 years older than Michael Jackson.
3)Possible Powell surname or mothers maiden name.

Thoughts anyone? Too broad to work with if one is good at genealogy?

anyone an ancestry expert here?

thanks!

Perhaps gathering resources would help? I have searched at Genforum.com in regards to genealogy resources. I didn't know there was a number to put in on the DNA site until this evening (another thread here). I tried to look for a "long lost family" website I'd used many years ago, but had no luck finding the site or answers. I've looked for electrical licenses and have no idea what to do once I find lapsed Powells.

It's been a long day/night... I have to sleep on it. If anyone has ideas of where they would like concentration, please tell us. :)

http://www.city-data.com/forum/people-search/505072-looking-joe-powell-kip-utah.html

While looking for lost loved ones, I ran across this. There are pictures of a Joe Powell- and I can't say whether or not they resemble Mr. Kyle or not.

:blowkiss:
----------------------------------------------------
I saw this today as well. The photos look like the man has brown eyes.
And I thought his ears were not at the same level as BK's.
But gosh, it would not hurt to have a side by side.
Anyone?

A couple of interesting links I found re: Powell and Colorado

This is a restaurant supplier in Littleton CO: (Floyd Powell) I only brought this here because Mr. Kyle seemed to have a lot of restaurant knowledge.

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_fxc2c5

The murder of Catrina Powell:

http://m.rockymountainnews.com/news/2006/Apr/24/brutal-end-to-a-tragic-life/

The murder of Catrina was interesting because she was left by a dumpster. One article said her parents were deceased, this article says the parents have never been informed.

I'm not sure that either have anything to do with Mr. Kyle- just wanted to post what I found in case anyone is googling Colorado/Powell connections.

:blowkiss:
----------------------------------------------------------
Catrina Powell: second story: marker for her gravestone
http://m.rockymountainnews.com/news/2006/may/03/praying-hands-may-adorn-headstone/

Hi, all-I know we have a Geneology thread, but I wanted to put this here for reference as well:

This is the test that Mr. Kyle had done:
"Y-DNA37
This is a male specific test. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origin of the paternal line. It includes a balanced panel of thirty-seven Y-chromosome Short Tandem Repeat, STR, markers. This is the recommended test to trace the paternal ancestry of males for genealogy purposes. The additional markers refine the predicted time period in which two individuals are related and eliminate unrelated matches. A perfect match at thirty-seven markers indicates the two individuals share common ancestry in recent times. A haplogroup is determined and backed by our SNP Assurance Program. When another person shows identical results within our database, if both parties have signed the Family Tree DNA Release Form, then we will inform them of the match. The customer will also receive a certificate and report describing the testing process and the meaning of thirty-seven marker matches."

I don't want people to become frustrated dealing with this new information. There are 8 variations of the Powell family surname that are documented any one of which are a possible match to Benjaman's "real" last name....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487