50K Bond just posted Thursday Sept.4th,08 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't know where to ask this...is there a current webcam at the house now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brini View Post
Each of the two bondsmen who are splitting her bail will pay $25K. They will not get that back. If she runs, they will each have to pay another $225K.

[/b]

Talison's reply:
I'm sorry, but that is not correct. The bondsmen DO get the $50K back. If the defendant shows up in court, then the court does not keep any part of the bail money. It is all refunded to whoever paid it.

[/i]

Neither of these are correct.
The bondsmen does not pay anything to anyone, unless the person bonded does not show up in court. If that happens, yes, each bonding company would then pay the court $225K each.
The bondsmen does not get anything "back"..there's nothing to get back. . someone goes to the bail bondsmen, gives them $50K & collateral worth $500K. The bondsman takes that $50K straight to the bank, they don't actually pay the jail or court or anyone any amount of money; they simply "post the bond" by giving the jail officials a piece of paper, called a surety, which in essence says "If this person does not show up for court, we owe you $500K.
In this case the bonding companies are on the line for $225K each, and they pocketed $25K each, which was paid to them by anonymous, who by the way, does not get anything back except clear title to the collateral they put up.
(In this case, it's a bit more complicated because Von Waldner wrote a transfer bond for Miller Bonding, Miller Bonding got the $25K & paid Von Waldner a percentage for doing the paperwork here in Orange County for them.)
The premium is the bonding companies fee, how they make their money, for guaranteeing someone will show up for court. They pay a percentage of all the bonds they write to their insurance company/underwriters, who is the actual party who would have to fork over the $500K in the event the person bonded does not appear in court.

Thank you for explaining this! I was going nuts on the other thread because it was closed. I wanted to explain it, but you did a better job than I could have ever done!

She could be released anywhere from this evening to sometime in the morning. I'm sure they will try hard to keep it from being closed.

AND WE THOUGH THE SCOTT PETERSON CASE WAS A THREE RING CIRCUS!!!

NO SH**!! Compared to this circus his case was open and shut!

I would think that the new family spokesman, who hasn't done much yet, is behind this, if it is associated with a production company. But it would be very unusual for any of the major network shows to pay for interviews. They normally comp expenses to be on the show and pay only for pics and films exclusive to their use. I am of the opinion that very few pics are left that haven't been seen on the net of either Casey or Caylee.

So this tells me the publicist spokesperson is pulling these strings..or possibly Baez..he seemed pretty confused and upset that someone had already posted the bail on all the lesser charges this morning. Who was that someone..Casey's parents?

Also, once out it is up to Casey to mind the rules given to her bond release..no county or state government is responsible for posting guards, etc.

But when you think of the interviews, think of Drew Peterson..he and his attorney have been making the rounds since day one..but now that the doors are closing..you hear very little from them other then if he can get a fair trial..and , um, who's fault would that be?

I believe we are looking at a similar situation here..they are going for broke..spreading themselves thickly over the media.The publicist and the lawyer will gain from this..the Anthony's and Casey very little.

The very, very sad part of all this hoopla is that none of this histrionics will bring us any closer to finding dear little Caylee's body.

Ok - TP where is the EVIDENCE THAT WILL "SHOCK THE WORLD" !!! Somebody pleeeeasse bring forth something to keep her from getting out AGAIN!!!!!

I am glad she will be out again.

Who knows, maybe LE wants this. Maybe there are other things in plan. Something will come of this -even without Ca's help.

This is a copy of the post found at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69537
Thank you QuickAttack
1) She could not use any cellphone, that she must use landlines, and that her telephone conversations are limited to 5 minutes daily. (Can't find documentation of this--just recall it from a tv interview maybe?)
2) She is not to use any computer to access the internet. (Also foggy recollection from a tv interview? No documentation.)
3) No suggestive or tight clothes (at her meetings with her case manager? at home? in public?).
4) No alcohol or drugs - random pee tests anytime.
5) Must have permission from case manager to leave home for any reason, including to go to doctor, church, attorney's office.
6) Monitoring device required - must pay $5/day for monitoring, and cannot move outside a 150' radius of unit.
7) Home supervision? Must be supervised by a "Casey sitter?" (Cindy's words. *roll eyes*)
It would be great if we could clear up these conditions...can anyone help me find info on this?
--------
Now we know she broke the computer instruction.
It was also stated that she could have no contact with minors under 17, since she both with that 12 year old even suggesting sleep overs, I have no idea why the judge is even allowing her to be rereleased.

I have been wondering about that as well. I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to find out if the judge does allow her release.

I thought that she would only be bonded out again if she said something useful about Caylee. Since I doubt that happened, are they really going to try letting her have a hot shower and a manicure...again?

If the GP's thought they had problems before when KC was out on bail, I can only imagine what tomorrow brings. No mobile home in the front of the house, no body guard in the house and alot of angry people. It also doesnt help that CA is bashing the volunteers etc.
I am just speechless!/@$%*!!

My thoughts exactly! Will someone be providing security for the Anthony's?
I am afraid that a concernced citizen may go to far and either get arrested or physically harmed.

It seems to me that LE is stretched thin enough in either searching for Caylee and investigating the many aspects of this case and NOW Cindy will be calling LE asking for help to control the media and citizens outside of her home.

Sigh.....:banghead:

I am confused why there are two bond companies, why wouldnt this anonymous individual just go through one bond company? Does anyone know why there are two listed?

I thought that she would only be bonded out again if she said something useful about Caylee. Since I doubt that happened, are they really going to try letting her have a hot shower and a manicure...again?

Different bonding companies this time.

I am glad she will be out again.

Who knows, maybe LE wants this. Maybe there are other things in plan. Something will come of this -even without Ca's help.

Bee, I think this time we will see much more violent behavior on that webcam.
What do you think?
Those reporters will be all over every member of that family, and this time Cindy may use that hammer on someone's head and get herself locked up.

:laugh::dance::laugh::dance::laugh::dance:

I'm betting the Anthony household is going to be a bombshell. Somebody is going to explode, the pressure cooker is going to blow.

More people just looking to get on the Anthony band wagon with no thought at all to Caylee. I think they are posting bond to spite LP and that's their bottom line.

I am praying Tim Miller brings this child to rest- just to rest- there is no home for this little dear one.

I have 6 children and 7 grandchildren- never would I act like Cindy if one of my children hurt one of my grandchildren. Yes, it would hurt like hell and life would basically be over but I believe not only in God but the spirit of man- there's no way I could believe a lie because it's what I needed to hear if even a small part of me thought the child was lying dead and alone. I think the men in the Anthony family know something which is why they have stepped back.

capoly, GB you! So VERY well stated!

Bee, I think this time we will see much more violent behavior on that webcam.
What do you think?
Those reporters will be all over every member of that family, and this time Cindy may use that hammer on someone's head and get herself locked up.

:laugh::dance::laugh::dance::laugh::dance:

I agree. I think that is why Ci & Ge consulted with the new attorney. Good thing the cams are there; they could be used in protecting anyone from violence.

Casey being bailed out, yet again, must be a massive thorn in LE's side. I'll bet they are fuming.

Now here is my question...If the anonymous source that posted her bond is some type of news agency that has secured an interview with Casey in exchange for her bond, would Casey be violating any laws by taking part in this? I'm confused because I know there are laws that prevent people from profiting from their crimes, but the line is blurred here because the argument could obviously be made that Casey is not attempting to profit from her crimes because to paraphrase her own words, she hasn't committed a crime.

Ok, now I get it. Unknown person reaching out to the two bonding companies to get them to cover the bond. Got it.

Casey being bailed out, yet again, must be a massive thorn in LE's side. I'll bet they are fuming.

Now here is my question...If the anonymous source that posted her bond is some type of news agency that has secured an interview with Casey in exchange for her bond, would Casey be violating any laws by taking part in this? I'm confused because I know there are laws that prevent people from profiting from their crimes, but the line is blurred here because the argument could obviously be made that Casey is not attempting to profit from her crimes because to paraphrase her own words, she hasn't committed a crime.

They cannot profit from a crime that they have been convicted of. They can profit all they want before a conviction. The Son of Sam law was badly written.

You know what's odd? We don't ever see any of the prosecutors on TV, not that they should be, but you would think they would do some talking without hurting there case right?
I am not 100% positive about this but I suspect the reason we do not hear from any prosecutors has to do with the type of charges that have officially been filed against Casey versus the type of charges that we all anticipate will be filed against her. The prosecutors probably have little to say about the charges relating to the check forgeries. Murder charges haven't been brought against Casey yet. My husband is in law enforcement and he tells me that LE takes the evidence they have to the DA and then a decision is made as to the level of charges that will or will not be pursued. A prosecutor will be assigned to the case once those charges are accepted and filed - something that hasn't been done yet. This is just my 2 cents and that of my husband's so I'm sure there is much more to it. Just wanted to try to give you some kind of answer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg
Back