8.05.10 -Sources: 2 friends gave Terri Horman cell phones

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ooops, I just realized I'm heading O/T. Sorry, was just trying to answer a question.

I'm not directing at you, Billylee, but this whole thread is way OT. Remember, this thread is about the cell phones. If you want to talk about Terri and her potential guilt/innocence, please do so here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110686"]Discussion: Is TH responsible for Kyron's disappearance? #2(POLL ADDED) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Could it be the phones were to discuss a possible theory perhaps suggested by TH that she is being framed by someone else?

I mean, if TH didn't do it, then she obviously things someone else did. (Perhaps someone she knows, perhaps not.) So it makes me wonder if she has thoughts on someone else and perhaps they got the phones to try to discuss other possibilities.

If you were the focus of a serious criminal investigation and believed or knew you had been framed, why would you want to discuss that possibility privately? If I was on the phone with one of my friends talking about my innocence and my thoughts about who really did it and why they were framing me, I wouldn't care who overheard, and LE in particular. In fact, I'd WANT LE to overhear. If I was telling the truth, of course. The list of things I wouldn't want overheard gets much, much longer if I'm not innocent. jmoo

So far, those who know Horman have only good things to say about her and her parenting skills. The second of her three husbands, Richard Ecker, who adopted James before he and Horman divorced, told The Oregonian, "She would never hurt a child."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20397133,00.html

The only people I've heard say ANYTHING bad about TH is KH & DS. Has anyone heard anyone else say anything bad about her?

Her first hubby said that she was unfaithful while married to him.

If you were the focus of a serious criminal investigation and believed or knew you had been framed, why would you want to discuss that possibility privately? If I was on the phone with one of my friends talking about my innocence and my thoughts about who really did it and why they were framing me, I wouldn't care who overheard, and LE in particular. In fact, I'd WANT LE to overhear. If I was telling the truth, of course. The list of things I wouldn't want overheard gets much, much longer if I'm not innocent. jmoo

I said the same exact thing a ways back...these threads go sooooo fast...

Oh, I agree that she was stupid to be in on this. Very odd indeed. But to call her a "fellow employee" of Kaine makes it sound like they work side by side. There are 15,500 Intel employees in the area. Would you consider them all to be tied to Kaine in some way?

I definitely think these women have been immersed in the Terri version of events, to the point that they lost perspective and made very foolish decisions.

Hi again, Stead. I agree with the losing perspective and making foolish choices.

However, I suspect that SR did work with Kaine. Her specialty, according to her online resume at Intel & LinkedIn, includes risk management. KH worked in software architecture in the business sector. Risk management is an important part of s/ware arch. JMO. And she obviously knew TH, from what we're seeing, so probably they had all socialized in some way.

ETA: by "work with" I don't mean in the same group or adjacent cubicles. On large projects teams from various specialties work together to implement all components of the job at hand. Just from my experience in the techno world.

Ooops just saw Daisy's note. Choo choo. Getting the cell phones can, I believe, be explained, and Bean did a great job. What I think couldn't be explained so easily would be if someone put her on their own personal cell phone account, which would be kinda nuts, IMHO.

Never mind I see Daisy has it covered... Talk about cell phones here and the rest in the link above that Daisy gave........... :doh: Gram missed Daisy's post. I'm a :loser:

I agree with other posters who think that Terri has complained about Kaine to her friends.

It is possible that she painted him in some kind of horrifying picture and they felt that they were saving Terri.

She could have spun some weird conspiracy against herself and they continued to buy into it.

Perhaps they felt that LE was on Kaine's team and they were working on plans to help Terri get her child back, etc.

I think a lot of women would jump to help a woman in an abusive situation, which I find hard to believe that she was in, but how do I know.

She had a car to herself all day long, and apparently a life that she led that was out of Kaine's radar screen. That does not sound like a typical abuser to me who pulls the reins in tighter and tighter.

Grandmaj, you asked for a general discussion thread. Done:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5494171#post5494171"]General Discussion: Why are people acting this way? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

General Discussion: Why are people acting this way?

So far, those who know Horman have only good things to say about her and her parenting skills. The second of her three husbands, Richard Ecker, who adopted James before he and Horman divorced, told The Oregonian, "She would never hurt a child."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20397133,00.html

The only people I've heard say ANYTHING bad about TH is KH & DS. Has anyone heard anyone else say anything bad about her?

I may have missed some things in this category, but I don't think I've missed much because one of the issues that I've been thinking about all along is why we're not hearing more positive about TH as a peer, daughter, neighbor, friend from her close friends and family. Of course her apparent parenting skills and relationships with children are particularly relevant, but I don't think I've seen any of the adults who have made public statements say anything about their own interpersonal relationships with TH (other than Tarver). With the possible exception of Finster, I haven't heard she's a great wife, mother, neighbor, or even teacher (from anyone who knows her professionally). No anecdotes about what she has done for them or for the community; how she has enriched their lives or the lives of others; or even, more basically, how she's just a great girl in general. If she was well loved, you would think that these circumstances would have had close friends crawling out of the woodwork, especially early on, to defend and support her character as a person, generally. And I have not heard that. I've thought for quite a while that what we're not hearing, and who we're not hearing it from, may be far more telling than what we are hearing. Even her very own parents haven't said anything particularly positive that icr. They may have other reasons for not doing so, but my unfortunate suspicion is that, knowing their daughter better than most, they believe that she is best served by them keeping their mouths shut about her character and behavior. jmoo.

Talk about cell phones purchased under false names, the who the why and the how...... here. There is also a new thread if you want to talk in depth generally about Terri or the other parties in theory......... just giving you another alternative to theorize more folks. The reason we are doing that is because sometimes when we start theorizing it leads to other actions or inactions which then takes the thread OT........ so theory is fine here about the phones...... but a more detailed theorizing of the actions of the players is available now.

Find other threads to talk about the reasons you feel Terri is guilty or innocent........ Please and Thanks.

Paging all those who want to talk about, question, and speculate about why people are doing/not doing what they did/didn't do. As Grandmaj notes, we have a new thread for just that type of general talking:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111218"]Discussion: Why are people acting this way? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Unlimited seating. No waiting. :couch:

Hi again, Stead. I agree with the losing perspective and making foolish choices.

However, I suspect that SR did work with Kaine. Her specialty, according to her online resume at Intel & LinkedIn, includes risk management. KH worked in software architecture in the business sector. Risk management is an important part of s/ware arch. JMO. And she obviously knew TH, from what we're seeing, so probably they had all socialized in some way.

ETA: by "work with" I don't mean in the same group or adjacent cubicles. On large projects teams from various specialties work together to implement all components of the job at hand. Just from my experience in the techno world.

Ooops just saw Daisy's note. Choo choo. Getting the cell phones can, I believe, be explained, and Bean did a great job. What I think couldn't be explained so easily would be if someone put her on their own personal cell phone account, which would be kinda nuts, IMHO.

Oh, I thought the implication was that she was in the Bat Club as a mole for Kaine, and that is what I didn't agree with.

Bean did do a great job of putting together an explanation for their behavior re these phone. She's earning an advanced degree in Explaining with this case!
:Banane59:

Wow. I cannot believe this latest development. What in the HELL were her friends doing playing games like this? FOUR cell phones? Dear Lord!

All I know is, even if it was innocent, it was stupid, very, very stupid. What is the world coming to when people think it's okay to play games around the police? Like LE wouldn't find out about this? Why do people continue to think they can outwit LE? Why is okay to do things like this when child is missing? Where are people's brains?

And if I asked my friends to do something like that, they would look at me and say, "Are you stupid? That is the dumbest thing you could ever ask us to do. Get your head on straight. We are not going to play games when LE is involved!" Of course, my friends are smarter than your average bear, and apparently her friends have existed in a soccer mom bubble their whole lives. I mean seriously, let's all get phones and talk secretly to each other? My friends would think I'm bat**** crazy to do something like that.

This isn't high school, this is junior high. OMG, I hope they learned their lesson from this. I thought Casey Anthony did stupid things. Jeebus, I can't take more craziness in this case too. If TH is innocent, stuff like this is surely not convincing me. I definitely think she's diabolical and cunning, and apparently surrounded by friends she could dupe into doing ridiculous things like buying multiple phones for secret conversations.

I bet these friends were threatened with being accomplices, which can get them serious jail time, and spilled everything. Whoever thought this was a good idea...wow. At least we know they probably won't do something like this again anytime soon...

A child is missing and people pull these shenanigans. Unbelievable. And seriously, if I was going to do something stupid like this, I wouldn't use the same fake name at two stores to buy the phones!

Man, between this and Casey case, I might just face palm myself to death if I'm not careful.

It's not as if the "big exec from Intel" wasn't already friends with Terri before this all started. So I don't think her participation had anything to do with Kaine -- that's really a stretch, IMO.

Terri's friend who the press reported purchased one of the cells phones and who works for Intel is not a "big exec from Intel." Based on her title and the blurb on the Intel site about her I'd guess that her pay grade is at best no higher than Kaine's, and perhaps significantly lower. (Judgment is based on my experience working for Intel.)

At Intel, the really big executives in the US are mostly Sr. Vice Presidents. Next rung down are the Vice Presidents. You can have a "Director" title at Intel and still not be much more than a cog in a wheel.

This woman and Terri both attended fundamentalist Christian colleges - so that could be, in part, the basis of their friendship. Terri graduated from Northwest Christian College in Eugene; and the woman in question, according to her Facebook page, went to Harding University in Arkansas.

Wow. I cannot believe this latest development. What in the HELL were her friends doing playing games like this? FOUR cell phones? Dear Lord!

All I know is, even if it was innocent, it was stupid, very, very stupid. What is the world coming to when people think it's okay to play games around the police? Like LE wouldn't find out about this? Why do people continue to think they can outwit LE? Why is okay to do things like this when child is missing? Where are people's brains?

And if I asked my friends to do something like that, they would look at me and say, "Are you stupid? That is the dumbest thing you could ever ask us to do. Get your head on straight. We are not going to play games when LE is involved!" Of course, my friends are smarter than your average bear, and apparently her friends have existed in a soccer mom bubble their whole lives. I mean seriously, let's all get phones and talk secretly to each other? My friends would think I'm bat**** crazy to do something like that.

This isn't high school, this is junior high. OMG, I hope they learned their lesson from this. I thought Casey Anthony did stupid things. Jeebus, I can't take more craziness in this case too. If TH is innocent, stuff like this is surely not convincing me. I definitely think she's diabolical and cunning, and apparently surrounded by friends she could dupe into doing ridiculous things like buying multiple phones for secret conversations.

I bet these friends were threatened with being accomplices, which can get them serious jail time, and spilled everything. Whoever thought this was a good idea...wow. At least we know they probably won't do something like this again anytime soon...

A child is missing and people pull these shenanigans. Unbelievable. And seriously, if I was going to do something stupid like this, I wouldn't use the same fake name at two stores to buy the phones!

Man, between this and Casey case, I might just face palm myself to death if I'm not careful.

And that's the thing that confuses me. Anyone who says; "Oh I'd do it too for privacy reasons so LE wouldn't hear my calls", because they are basically saying they would try to hide and play games with LE during an investigation involving a missing child. To top it off to claim an innocent person would do this and therefore it's not odd or suspect. :waitasec:

Oh the friend who says she blurted out a fake name during her purchase of a cell phone, but then what do you know, another phone was purchased under that same fake name at another store the next day, but not by the same friend. Doesn't sound like something blurted out, sounds like it was a plan to use a fake name.

There are Plaid Pantries, Targets, Wal-Greens etc all over between Tualatin and Lloyd Center. It's a long azz drive, with sucky parking and a criminal element at Lloyd to boot. Most people who live down Tualatin way would NOT drive right by Washington Square and go all the way out to LLoyd.
I'm a long time PDXer and can assure you that most people who are in the southern part of the city / suburbia tend to shop in the southern part of the city. Honestly getting from point a to b would SUCK.
However if they were going from Terri's house Lloyd would be close by as well as downtown PDX, but again there's the mini-mart factor (aka why didn't they go into one of them instead since they'd be closer or more convenient).

Aren't there Fred Meyers everywhere up there too? I've seen the throwaway phones sold in the "impulse buy" section of the Freddie's checkout line! It would make more sense to me to think, "Oh, maybe TH could use one of these" vs. driving over the river to buy phones. Definitely far more premeditated and sneaky than befuddled and trying to be helpful. :cow:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back