911 call - 1043 Ocean Blvd.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the autopsy report I noticed it says that the police did CPR on her until paramedics arrived and told them to stop. If the brother says he did CPR and the police did their own CPR didn't any of them untie her hands?

If the idea is the brother couldn't have performed CPR because of the tied hands then how did the police do it?

I don't know how police did CPR on her if they did anything at all. She couldn't be put flat on her back because her arms are tied behind her back. She has to be on a flat hard surface. Photos show her on the grass. She was also in rigor and dead for hours by the time Coronado police arrived. They couldn't figure it out?

After reading the autopsy report I noticed it says that the police did CPR on her until paramedics arrived and told them to stop. If the brother says he did CPR and the police did their own CPR didn't any of them untie her hands?

If the idea is the brother couldn't have performed CPR because of the tied hands then how did the police do it?
The autopsy says Coronado Fire Department arrived at 0653 hours and confirmed the death without intervention.

..as we continue to get more of the 911 call , i thought a thread appropriate to keep it in one place.

THM's "Melissa in Michigan" posts 11/23/2011:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1421&p=207915#p207915

On the last 1/2 hour of HLN's "Special Report" program today, they discussed Rebecca's case....

Martin Rudoy, the other attorney for the Zahau family, was on the show, and he discussed the Asian "anime" *advertiser censored* being found on Rebecca's Laptop with Jane Velez-Mitchell. They didn't really go into this further.

Dr.Wecht also joined by phone to discuss many of the things he's covered already on other shows.

Dr. Mark Kalish, San Diego Forensic Pyschiatrist, was also on the show. He expressed his opinion that there was nothing in her previous mental state to indicate she would have taken her life.

Rebecca's sister, Mary also joined by phone.

Here is the transcript of the excerpt they played from the 911 call:

911 Operator: 911 Emergency, what are you reporting?

Adam: Yeah, I got a girl, hung herself in the guest house. It's on Ocean Boulevard across from the hotel. Same place you come and got the kid yesterday. You came here yesterday to pick up a little boy.

911 Operator: Okay sir, I wasn't working yesterday. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Adam: Did you check the records?

911 Operator: Sir, I checked all of the records yesterday. I can't find anything on Ocean Boulevard. Can you tell me what the address is?

Adam: I'm looking. Just start sending them towards us, towards the hotel

911 Operator: How old is she?

Adam: She's about 30

911 Operator: 30? Okay. When's the last time you saw her?

Adam: Last night

The attorney thought it was curious that Adam told 911 that "he found a girl, hung herself". He questioned why Adam didn't say her name, and how he would know that she hung herself.

"hung herself in the guest house."

Uh ... anyone think it's weird he said in the guest house?????

The autopsy says Coronado Fire Department arrived at 0653 hours and confirmed the death without intervention.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B54MtfXlxRJbYjA3YzY2MTItOWM1Mi00NGE4LWEyZDgtMjc3OWUxZTYzYmY5&hl=en

Page -2- ME Opinion part 1st paragraph:

"Coranado Police Department personnel responded and began cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Coranado Fire Department personnel responded, felt rigor mortis in her jaw(no other areas were checked), and advised CPR be stopped."

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B54MtfXlxRJbYjA3YzY2MTItOWM1Mi00NGE4LWEyZDgtMjc3OWUxZTYzYmY5&hl=en

Page -2- ME Opinion part 1st paragraph:

"Coranado Police Department personnel responded and began cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Coranado Fire Department personnel responded, felt rigor mortis in her jaw(no other areas were checked), and advised CPR be stopped."
So that means it says both, I wonder which one actually happened?

To me it suggests police did CPR on her. Doesn't say if they removed rope from arms though. I think the Fire crew arrived after and checked for rigor and didn't perform any CPR.
Under the scene investigation the ME states I also viewed the body of a naked female as she lie supine on the grass. The decedent hand and feet were bound with an orange color rope, so her hands were still tied. IMO I find it hard to believe that anyone whether it be Adam or the police did CPR on Rebecca. Any police officer of worth would know just by feeling the temperature of her body that she was beyond any rescue efforts.

The amount of conflicting information in the autopsy report leaves me with no confidence in the integrity of this investigation. The way it reads makes me suspect that these officials are used to writing down whatever they think will sound good and lend support to their pre-determined conclusion.

I gave AS the benifit of the doubt before, but the 911 call has convinced me that he was trying to distance himself from the situation by referring to RN as "a girl" and Maxie as "the kid". I don't believe that he did CPR. I do suspect that RN may have been assaulted in the guest house. I do believe that AS tied the knots in the electrical cord.

JMO

One thing that I noticed in the ME report was the signature and date written by Jonathan R Lucas MD. Page 6.

Autopsy

I would love to see other things he has signed to compare. It just looks sloppy and to me looks like it is 'nervous' writing. Especially the ones in the date. Like I would expect from someone who doesn't really agree with what they are signing or maybe knowingly signing something false.

Secondly in regards to the black paint on Rebecca's breast and nipple to me the most likely way it could have gotten there is if someone threw a brush at her as she was lying on the ground.

Edit: Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread as it should have gone in the Autopsy thread.

One thing that I noticed in the ME report was the signature and date written by Jonathan R Lucas MD. Page 6.

Autopsy

I would love to see other things he has signed to compare. It just looks sloppy and to me looks like it is 'nervous' writing. Especially the ones in the date. Like I would expect from someone who doesn't really agree with what they are signing or maybe knowingly signing something false.

Secondly in regards to the black paint on Rebecca's breast and nipple to me the most likely way it could have gotten there is if someone threw a brush at her as she was lying on the ground.

Edit: Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread as it should have gone in the Autopsy thread.

I found it interesting that Lou Scanlon, Coronado Chief of Police did not attend the press conference and has made no comments.

http://www.coronado.ca.us/department/?fDD=11-0
Smart move on his part... or was he not happy with Sheriff BG's handing?

I found it interesting that Lou Scanlon, Coronado Chief of Police did not attend the press conference and has made no comments.

http://www.coronado.ca.us/department/?fDD=11-0
Smart move on his part... or was he not happy with Sheriff BG's handing?

..according to sheriffG at the 09/02 P/C, Chief Scanlon "would have been here today but is on a scheduled trip out of the country"-----Commander Mike Lawton took his place.

..according to sheriffG at the 09/02 P/C, Chief Scanlon "would have been here today but is on a scheduled trip out of the country"-----Commander Mike Lawton took his place.

Sure would be interesting to know where, and if he's traveling at taxpayer expense.

What's the Chief's salary, anyway?

What a coincidence of timing eh?

Sure would be interesting to know where, and if he's traveling at taxpayer expense.

What's the Chief's salary, anyway?
Found this ad from 2005:

http://www.theblueline.com/draft/CAcoronadopd1.html

DIRECTOR OF POLICE SERVICES
City of Coronado
The Director of Police Services serves as the City’s Police Chief and reports directly to the City Manager.

>>>snip

The City of Coronado offers a highly competitive compensation package. The Director of Police Services position has an established salary band of $107,136 - $127,848 per year. Appointment may be made anywhere within the band, depending on qualifications. In addition to salary, the City offers an excellent benefits package including:

Retirement - The City participates in the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS), with a benefit level of 3% at 50 for public safety employees. The City currently contributes both the employee and employer share. The City contributes 9% of the regular salary, with the employer paid member contribution reported as “compensation earnable” for retirement purposes.

Health Benefits - The City provides a cafeteria benefit plan allowance to purchase medical, dental vision, supplemental life insurance and enhanced long-term disability. Currently, the City allocates $8,594 annually for this plan. Reimbursement for health care and dependent care expenses is also available.

Leave Benefits - The City provides 184 to 224 hours of annual leave, depending on number of years of service. The City also provides 11 paid holidays and 1 floating holiday per year.

Administrative Leave
- The City provides executives with 80 hours of administrative leave per fiscal year.

Life Insurance - The City provides one times salary Term Life plus $25,000 Term Life and $25,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D).

Tuition Reimbursement - The City provides up to $1,000 per fiscal year for reimbursement for the directly related cost of tuition, school fees, books and required materials for approved courses.

Automobile Allowance - The Director of Police Services is provided the use of a City vehicle.

<<<snip

Not too shabby for a little island with no crime, eh?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16150816/911-call-released-in-hanging-death-at-coronados-spreckels-mansion

911 call released in hanging death at Spreckels mansion

CORONADO, Calif. (CBS 8) - A dramatic 911 call that reported a hanging death at Coronado's Spreckels mansion has been released to News 8. Most of the four and a half minute audio recording has never been heard publicly.

The call was placed to Coronado police dispatch by Adam Shacknai, the brother of the mansion owner, Jonah Shacknai

----------Meanwhile, a meeting between Sheriff Bill Gore and two Zahau family attorneys scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 30 had been postponed until next month.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16150816/911-call-released-in-hanging-death-at-coronados-spreckels-mansion

Adam called 911 on his cell phone at 6:45 a.m. on July 13 to report finding his brother's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, 32, hanging from a courtyard balcony.

DISPATCHER: 911 emergency. What are you reporting?

ADAM SHACKNAI: Yeah, I got a girl hung herself in the guest house of ah... it's on Ocean Blvd. across from the hotel; the same place that you came and got the kid yesterday.

DISPATCHER: Okay, sir, what is the address?

ADAM SHACKNAI: I'm not sure, ah, I'm not sure. Let me call you back.

During the 911 call, Adam Shacknai can be heard hyperventilating while apparently moving a wooden table into a position underneath the naked, bound and gagged body of Rebecca Zahau.

At one point, it sounds as if one of the wooden legs of the table breaks off and falls to the ground, while Adam scrambles to cut down Zahau's corpse.

The Coronado dispatch recording ends after 4 minutes 46 seconds, even though the 911 call continues with Heartland dispatchers. That final portion of the 911 audio was recorded by Heartland but has not been released.

Heartland has denied several News 8 requests to release the audio under the California Public Records Act, claiming the audio is exempt from disclosure as a law enforcement investigatory record.

The first portion of the 911 call – the one recorded by Coronado police dispatch and aired by News 8 – was apparently released by mistake.

The missing 8 seconds...... and the final portion of the call.... not released... It sounds like in the call AS puts the phone down and then comes back to it.

Another month for the meeting puts it at Christmas? I wonder why? Who was not ready?

The missing 8 seconds...... and the final portion of the call.... not released... It sounds like in the call AS puts the phone down and then comes back to it.

Another month for the meeting puts it at Christmas? I wonder why? Who was not ready?

..it reads "postponed until next month", nor "for" a month..

..'next month' begins tomorrow.

This is my transcript of the call:

911 Operator: 911 Emergency, what are you reporting?

AS: Yeah, I got a girl, hung herself in the guest house, over, it's on Ocean Boulevard across from the hotel. Same place you came and got the kid yesterday.

911 Operator: Okay sir, what is the address?

AS: I&#8217;m not sure, uh&#8230;, 19&#8230; on the back house it&#8217;s 1928 something, uh, I&#8217;m not sure. Let me call you back.

(AS remains on the phone, however)

911 Operator: Okay sir, is she still alive?

AS: I don&#8217;t know.

(Various scraping sounds)

(Sound of stick falling?)

AS: S**t.

AS: *advertiser censored**

AS: No.

AS: *advertiser censored***n kid.

AS: Oops.

(8 seconds of silence)

AS: Ah.

911 Operator: Sir, are you there?

AS: Ah, ah, ah, ah&#8230;

(Sound of something breaking/snapping)

AS: Ah, are you alive?

AS: No&#8230;

AS: Hello&#8230; hello.

911 Operator: Yes sir.

AS: Did you get the address?

911 Operator: No sir, I need the address.

AS: I&#8217;m doing CPR right now.

AS: You came here yesterday to pick up a little boy.

911 Operator: Okay sir, I wasn't working yesterday. I don't know what you're talking about.

AS: You checked your records?

911 Operator: Sir, I checked all of the records yesterday. I can't find anything on Ocean Boulevard. Can you tell me what the address is?

AS: I'm looking. Just start sending them towards us, towards the hotel.

911 Operator: Okay, I understand that, I just need the exact address, I can&#8217;t help you until I have the address.

(AS is heard breathing heavily.)

AS: 1043 Ocean Boulevard.

911 Operator: 1043 Ocean, okay.

911 Operator: Is she still alive?

AS: I don&#8217;t think so.

911 Operator: Okay, let me get the fire department, sir, hang on, let me get the fire department on the phone to help you, hang on just a minute.

AS: *advertiser censored**, come on&#8230;

Fire/EMS operator: Fire, medical emergency.

911 Operator: Coronado with a transfer, go ahead sir.

Fire/EMS operator: Hi, what&#8217;s the emergency?

AS: Got a lady, hung herself.

Fire/EMS operator: What&#8217;s the address?

AS: 1043 Ocean Boulevard.

Fire/EMS operator: 1043 Ocean Boulevard?

AS: Yeah.

Fire/EMS operator: Okay, what&#8217;s wrong?

AS: She hung herself, man, I just woke up.

Fire/EMS operator: Okay, is this a house?

AS: It&#8217;s a house, yeah&#8230;

Fire/EMS operator: Okay, how old is she?

AS: She's about 30.

Fire/EMS operator: 30, okay, when's the last time you saw her?

AS: Last night.

Fire/EMS operator: Okay, is she beyond help?

AS: I&#8217;m talking to, I&#8217;m doing, I&#8217;m compressing her chest right now, I&#8217;m up to about 20, 30 now.

Fire/EMS operator: What&#8217;s your name?

AS: Adam Shacknai.

Fire/EMS operator: Okay, I have help on the way, what&#8217;s your cell phone number? Is it 901-485..?

AS: 901-485&#8230;

Fire/EMS operator: Okay, listen to me, help is coming right now, okay.

Fire/EMS operator: And PD, you're on the way?

911 Operator: Yes we are.

Fire/EMS operator: Okay, and you&#8217;re right there with her, did you cut her down?

AS: Yes I did.

Fire/EMS operator: Okay, just stay with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1