A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its interesting because Burlap is used mainly for garden uses. When do gardens start to see the most attention in the spring and summer. According to what they have said on the show the killings or the dumping of the bodies occurs from post memorial day through the summer. Maybe the killer has some association with a gardening company or nursery in the area.

Rbbm.
It may even be that it is not so much about the perp. having an association with a gardening company or nursery, but since those companies are active at that time, he can operate without standing out? imo.

This is my first post!

Growing up on Long Island most beaches are Town Beaches located in both Suffolk and Nassau Counties. Town Beaches were only accessible through Town Beach Permits and you had to be a resident within that town. If you were a nonresident you were charged a very expensive daily fee.

Growing up, your location directly related to which beaches you went to. I grew up on the North Shore, our Town Beaches were rocky so we went to Robert Moses which is a less expensive beach part of the NYS Parks Department in Suffolk County.

Most people going to Gilgo Beach were people from the Town of Babylon in Suffolk County. The Town of Babylon has many communities.Here is a link below:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon,_New_York

Oak Beach is a private residence near Gilgo Beach off of Ocean Parkway within the Town of Babylon. You can drive through some of the community but a large section is gated and only accessible if you live there or know someone who does.

I'm sure everyone already knows this information but I am intrigued in learning about this forum after watching The Killing Season on A&E.

This is my first post!

Growing up on Long Island most beaches are Town Beaches located in both Suffolk and Nassau Counties. Town Beaches were only accessible through Town Beach Permits and you had to be a resident within that town. If you were a nonresident you were charged a very expensive daily fee.

Growing up, your location directly related to which beaches you went to. I grew up on the North Shore, our Town Beaches were rocky so we went to Robert Moses which is a less expensive beach part of the NYS Parks Department in Suffolk County.

Most people going to Gilgo Beach were people from the Town of Babylon in Suffolk County. The Town of Babylon has many communities.Here is a link below:

Oak Beach is a private residence near Gilgo Beach off of Ocean Parkway within the Town of Babylon. You can drive through some of the community but a large section is gated and only accessible if you live there or know someone who does.

I'm sure everyone already knows this information but I am intrigued in learning about this forum after watching The Killing Season on A&E.

Welcome to Ws longislandnative, thanks for the great local insight!
:welcome:

On burlap-

I've been thinking about the burlap issue and can only think that maybe LISKs use of burlap is not utilitarian or happenstance but done because he has an emotional reason, a connection that is meaningful to him in some way. He uses it to remember? Because it was part of some violent or traumatic act in his childhood? Speculation welcome...

On burlap-

I've been thinking about the burlap issue and can only think that maybe LISKs use of burlap is not utilitarian or happenstance but done because he has an emotional reason, a connection that is meaningful to him in some way. He uses it to remember? Because it was part of some violent or traumatic act in his childhood? Speculation welcome...
IMO, I think he just used the burlap sacks because that's what he had on hand at the time. Other bodies that were found and connected to him were placed inside plastic garbage bags, if I remember correctly only the four were put inside burlap sacks.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Our wonderful and amazing genius super sleuth and Websleuth Adminstrator, Bessie, has the burlap thread all ready for everyone here. Please move any reference to burlap to one thread, as this case is so complex:

Thank you for your help with moving the burlaps post over. I'm sorry for not knowing before too.

All the threads pertaining to the case can be seen by following the links in the main banner above. You'll also find both episodes of "The Killing Season" for free without registration until Nov 27th, and a not to miss real time information sharing session Trica broadcast last night, between, the documentarians, some sleuthers, Namus, and experts, for some perspective on how much needs to be done, just in terms of accurate information cataloging and sharing, and the difference it makes.

I am curious if Shannon was running out of the house when calling 911 and they cleared the owner, did he see or hear anything?

Why was my post deleted twice?

I watched both the Killing Season episodes and the People Magazine Investigates episodes which aired last week. I was not really a fan of the Killing Season going the route of sensationalism and trying to turn it into a blockbuster movie. That's the vibe I got from it. Both focused on different aspects of the case, and it was very informative for me, someone who is quite new to the case as a whole.

The People Magazine Investigates episodes just seemed to be more focused on the case and informing people, instead of going for shock value

Why was my post deleted twice?

I watched both the Killing Season episodes and the People Magazine Investigates episodes which aired last week. I was not really a fan of the Killing Season going the route of sensationalism and trying to turn it into a blockbuster movie. That's the vibe I got from it. Both focused on different aspects of the case, and it was very informative for me, someone who is quite new to the case as a whole.

The People Magazine Investigates episodes just seemed to be more focused on the case and informing people, instead of going for shock value

Agree 100%. Very disappointed with TKS overall, even more disappointed that any time I post about MOO about the show, the post ends up deleted... lol

Why was the guy Shannon was visiting not aware of her screaming or was he?

Complints and questions about thread moderation should always be addressed in a private message to an admin or mod. It's stated in the rules snd FAQ's posted in this forum aand elsewhere on the board.

BessiWS Administrator

Am I reading it right...he skipped 2008?

Wonder wgat that year was like for him?

Seems there was a hurricane...September 6, 2008 — Hurricane Hanna strikes Long Island as a tropical storm with wind gusts of 52 mph (84 km/h) at Shinnecock Inlet. Aside from numerous downed trees, damage was minimal.[94]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_York_hurricanes

But that was late in summer season so shouldn't interfere with his summer months.

Just found it curious that year he was dormant....if I read things correctly.

Maybe the recession? Long Island slipped into recession in October 2008 almost a year later than the U.S. economy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Long_Island

Or maybe he simply didn't have any alone time that year.

Just find it curious!

Or perhaps he didn't skip 2008 at all and killed in another place. My gut tells me he travels.

I am really enjoying the series so far ...

I am personally profiling LISK as an "American Psycho" type. Wall st., wealthy, has normal day life, then goes on the hunt at night.

Great show! I have been following this case for a while now.

Maybe useful article for burlap sack discussion from 2012: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/gq-comment-long-island-serial-killer

Also, does anyone remember this user posting on here? The level of knowledge is both helpful as well as frightening. And he bought a sound proof van? Frightening, as well. Hopefully this is looked into later on in an episode of the show.

Honestly I'd love a van like that...I don't see why necessarily that's scary. Some ppl like me like weird and unusual things. The article was fascinating but I don't see why any of it was considered frightening as well, but that's just me

Honestly I'd love a van like that...I don't see why necessarily that's scary. Some ppl like me like weird and unusual things. The article was fascinating but I don't see why any of it was considered frightening as well, but that's just me

SAME!!! I would absolutely love a van like that. In my opinion, I can't see why anyone WOULDN'T want a van like that lol.

After listening to last nights websleuths talk show, in which the documentary makers and the Director of Namus addressed the unidentified LISK victims, I'm more confused about the data available and not being shown on Namus or provided by the police. For instance, the tattoo found on the back of Jane Doe #6.
I provided more pictures for comparison in the LISK UID's thread for Jane Doe #6, but I got them from the Charley Project website, not Namus.

This is my first post!

Local perspective is so important in these cases! Welcome and thank you for joining us!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Local perspective is so important in these cases! Welcome and thank you for joining us!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree with you more on this!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads