A question for Annasmom

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for such a touching response, Lulu. Anna's name now gets 277,000 hits on Google...we have discussed a "viral" campaign before, but somehow I resist this, hating to expose the family to it and not wanting Anna's story to just become an annoyance or a piece of spam. We do continue to try to get the story out in other ways, however, and welcome all suggestions including this one.

If I may respectfully comment. There is a difference between 'going viral' and unwanted spam. A 'viral' campaign would entail sharing youtube video's, facebook pages or other social networking with persons interested in a particular topic such as missing persons. It is quite different than spam, or 'cold mass mailing' campaigns. I think we should keep the difference in mind with avenues to get Annas information and story out there, because unlike 'spam' or junk mail people throw away, persons who choose to pass along or add missing persons info to their sites is voluntary.

I can certainly understand and respect not wishing to do this, however I do think it is important to keep the differences in mind.

jmo

Hi Annasmom,

May I ask how many visitors where in your house when Anna was playing outside and disappeared?

Did any of them leave for any reason and come back inside? I know this was sometime ago and you may not recall these details.

At the moment I recall from reading the book, one male arriving later than the rest and saw Anna and said hello to Anna outside as he entered your home that afternoon shortly before Anna vanished. I wonder if he remembers what exactly Anna was doing at that time, was she hurt at all? Friendly? Not so much in the mood to be talkative?

Also, disregarding TWA at the moment, do you know the name of the train company in San Fran at that time?

All the best,
Sidekick ~

Hi Annasmom,

May I ask how many visitors where in your house when Anna was playing outside and disappeared?

Did any of them leave for any reason and come back inside? I know this was sometime ago and you may not recall these details.

At the moment I recall from reading the book, one male arriving later than the rest and saw Anna and said hello to Anna outside as he entered your home that afternoon shortly before Anna vanished. I wonder if he remembers what exactly Anna was doing at that time, was she hurt at all? Friendly? Not so much in the mood to be talkative?

Also, disregarding TWA at the moment, do you know the name of the train company in San Fran at that time?

All the best,
Sidekick ~
This is detailed on pages 26-27 of Searching for Anna. After our San Francisco visitors left, there was only us and our neighbor; Craig knocked at the front door and said Anna had greeted him out front. No, she was not hurt. As far as I know, she was friendly as usual. I don't know the name of the train company. It is Amtrak now.

Hello Annasmom and all, I've been following Anna's story for years but haven't posted here for awhile because of some personal reasons. Anyways, reading through this thread I noticed that on post #28 that the "patient" GW saw on 1/16/73 had a spanish or italian name. I've seen some other posts here about Anna possibly being in Italy? Is there a possible connection there that needs to be looked in to? Maybe this person needs to be researched a bit further just to be sure he doesn't have any other connection's with the G's?

The area that the clinic was/is in has a highly Hispanic population. Good eye, but nothing suspicious there.

Thank you for responding DD. I just finished re-reading "Searching for Anna". Any chance that it's going to be released for Kindle anytime soon? I think that may bring some renewed interest in the case and bring Anna's story to a whole new level. I know I read most everything on my Kindle and was disappointed it wasn't available there.

If I may respectfully comment. There is a difference between 'going viral' and unwanted spam. A 'viral' campaign would entail sharing youtube video's, facebook pages or other social networking with persons interested in a particular topic such as missing persons. It is quite different than spam, or 'cold mass mailing' campaigns. I think we should keep the difference in mind with avenues to get Annas information and story out there, because unlike 'spam' or junk mail people throw away, persons who choose to pass along or add missing persons info to their sites is voluntary.

I can certainly understand and respect not wishing to do this, however I do think it is important to keep the differences in mind.

jmo

Evening all,
The social networking side of things could be used to find some information on GB, A ' Do you know this man' kind of thing, maybe on geneology sites aswell. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Thank you for responding DD. I just finished re-reading "Searching for Anna". Any chance that it's going to be released for Kindle anytime soon? I think that may bring some renewed interest in the case and bring Anna's story to a whole new level. I know I read most everything on my Kindle and was disappointed it wasn't available there.

It is available as a PDF download on Lulu. Kindles can read PDF files. Kindles can read many different formats (mobi, doc, pdf - to name a few).

There is a free program called "Calibre" that will format it to different formats if that is what you prefer.

Kindles, bless them! are very convenient creatures to own... I've got my own and I love it!

It should already be available for e-readers; electronic download has been there for some time.

Evening all,
The social networking side of things could be used to find some information on GB, A ' Do you know this man' kind of thing, maybe on geneology sites aswell. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

There is a MySpace page for GB, I believe. Does anyone want to post a question on genealogy sites?

Do you have snow over there now, Sarah?

It should already be available for e-readers; electronic download has been there for some time.

I guess I should clarify, what I meant was that it's available on Amazon, but when I searched on my Kindle it's not available as a Kindle download. That's all. If you could get it available in that format it would appear as a "new" Kindle e-book, which would reach a whole new audience. There is a place on Amazon to request it as a Kindle book, which I did. :)

I guess I should clarify, what I meant was that it's available on Amazon, but when I searched on my Kindle it's not available as a Kindle download. That's all. If you could get it available in that format it would appear as a "new" Kindle e-book, which would reach a whole new audience. There is a place on Amazon to request it as a Kindle book, which I did. :)

Thank you!

.... to everyone!

All the best this season and a safe happy holiday.

Praying that 2011 brings us closer to finding Anna, in fact I honestly cannot wait till the day we do, and I think we will with everyone focusing on Anna and remembering what a doll she is and quite frankly, I'm so curious as to if her hair is still curly!!

Happy Holidays Anna, we love you!

Sidekick & Family :Banane49:

Merry Christmas to all who are so dedicated to Anna's cause.

God Bless you all for the many hours devoted and your dedication to Anna's cause.
May 2011 be the year to solve the mystery of Anna's disappearance as well as your best year ever.

Your hard work and dedication to Anna's cause has not gone unnoticed.

Hugs~
Cubby and J'

Just want to tell Anna's mom, that I am here, I am aware and searching, and how inspired I am by you and my Websleuth community.

Happy New Year to all!

I think about Anna everyday. Something about Anna touches me down deep in my soul. Since it is a new year, maybe we need a regroup/ refocus for 2011? I would love an update from everyone that is sluething for Anna.

Happy New Year to all!

I think about Anna everyday. Something about Anna touches me down deep in my soul. Since it is a new year, maybe we need a regroup/ refocus for 2011? I would love an update from everyone that is sluething for Anna.

thanks for the reminder! I updated the thread title to the current year.

Annasmom - I am new here and still trying to make my way through all the information, so I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked.

Do you know if anyone has researched any children around Anna's age that may have passed away before her disappearance to see if those names are currently in use with a social security number attached to them? I know that for quite some time, identity thieves would steal the name of a child that had passed away and around the same age as the thief. Just curious. I know that it would be a lot of work to research this.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless and may Anna come home soon.

Annasmom - I am new here and still trying to make my way through all the information, so I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked.

Do you know if anyone has researched any children around Anna's age that may have passed away before her disappearance to see if those names are currently in use with a social security number attached to them? I know that for quite some time, identity thieves would steal the name of a child that had passed away and around the same age as the thief. Just curious. I know that it would be a lot of work to research this.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless and may Anna come home soon.

Thank you, and welcome, Melissa. As far as I know, this has not been done, but again, I would have no idea how to go about doing it, since it would probably involve hundreds of names. It is a thought-provoking idea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori
Back