a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! That's exactly what I've been calling her. Not just her voice, but her questioning style, too. I half expect her to break into the "Bend and Snap" in the middle of testimony. :floorlaugh:

ETA: I really like Legally Blonde, but c'mon now, short of figuring out you don't shower right after a permanent, Elle Woods was NOT a good lawyer!

Omg the "bend and snap". Don't tease me!!! Lol :floorlaugh:

I've heard it a few times that in person Juan isn't "screaming" but because the mircrophones are so close to him we hear it louder on the feed. I tend to believe this characterization when you find he has "groupies" who actually go to all of his trials just to watch him work. If he was yelling and screaming as loud as he appears on the feed sometimes, I would think he would not only turn off jurors but also the "groupies" who follow him.

Look at how much we don't like JW and KN, Somehow I doubt either of them have groupies.

Welcome FrvrShl!

That is true. Inside the courtroom he doesn't sound as loud and aggressive as he does on the feed.
I couldn't put my finger on why, but I bet you are right on with the microphones.

On the other hand Nurmi's "objection" bounces off the walls. It's quite loud.

MOO

How much longer do we guess ti mate the DT will take for direct of this witness?? I cannot imagine there is much more to cover. He saw her 12 times in many years and was paid by the defense to come up with a diagnosis.

I am so excited Janine will be back in the courtroom this week. Between KCL and PASA and Janine we will be well informed about the behind the scenes view!
Thank you to all!

He spent most of the afternoon with his power point presentation. Since JW is doing the questioning I'd guess she'll be done with him sometime Monday, then Juan gets a turn.

Do you have a PayPal account? You don't need FB, just a PP acct.

HTH

I don't have a PayPal account and you could still donate through the PayPal without one.

Welcome FrvrShl!

That is true. Inside the courtroom he doesn't sound as loud and aggressive as he does on the feed.
I couldn't put my finger on why, but I bet you are right on with the microphones.

On the other hand Nurmi's "objection" bounces off the walls. It's quite loud.

MOO

That is what I have heard and being a transplanted AZ girl, (I now live here), I don't see the jury being turned off by him.

I am really sick right now, (I have pneumonia), but I want SOOO bad to come to the trial just ONE DAY! Maybe I can come when JM does his rebuttal. I won't try for the morning but the after noon session that way I can get there way early so I can hopefully get in. My family is going to think I am nuts but I am too close to this case because my BFF was murdered much like Travis, (about the same # of stab wounds, her throat slit, her baby daughter had a towel shoved down her throat and had a cold at the time, and her older "daughter" (she was in the process of adopting her deceased roomates daughter) had her throat slashed and barely lived. She saved her life and the babies life by calling 911. I was pregnant at the time and couldn't go to the trial. I am so attached to this case, and have been since the beginning because I feel a kinship to a degree with the Alexander's.

Anyway, I am running this off topic and I apologize. Thank you KCL and Pasa for all the work, time, effort and love you put into your posts.

That is what I have heard and being a transplanted AZ girl, (I now live here), I don't see the jury being turned off by him.

I am really sick right now, (I have pneumonia), but I want SOOO bad to come to the trial just ONE DAY! Maybe I can come when JM does his rebuttal. I won't try for the morning but the after noon session that way I can get there way early so I can hopefully get in. My family is going to think I am nuts but I am too close to this case because my BFF was murdered much like Travis, (about the same # of stab wounds, her throat slit, her baby daughter had a towel shoved down her throat and had a cold at the time, and her older "daughter" (she was in the process of adopting her deceased roomates daughter) had her throat slashed and barely lived. She saved her life and the babies life by calling 911. I was pregnant at the time and couldn't go to the trial. I am so attached to this case, and have been since the beginning because I feel a kinship to a degree with the Alexander's.

Anyway, I am running this off topic and I apologize. Thank you KCL and Pasa for all the work, time, effort and love you put into your posts.

Oh dear Frvrshl, what a horrible story..no wonder you feel a connection here. Pneumonia isn't to be messed with either...keep resting. Remember there will still be a sentencing phase which will be very important (where the jury will decide death) and it will be like a mini trial in itself and the family will speak. They will need us there more than ever and things will be kind of died down media wise by then. It will be weeks after the conviction so there is time for you to recover and make it to that.

Let us know..........rest and take good care.

Hi KCL!

Can you update us on Juan Martinez? I'm going through serious withdrawals here...

Agreed. Nurmi acts like he would rather be having a root canal than be in the same room with ja.

what's jacked about Nurmi behaving way is JA is making him a VERY WEALTHY MAN at OUR EXPENSE!!! He gets $250/hr to represent her think of all the court time plus research over 4 yrs... As a T taxpayer I'M LIVID! of course JMHO

Yes! That's exactly what I've been calling her. Not just her voice, but her questioning style, too. I half expect her to break into the "Bend and Snap" in the middle of testimony. :floorlaugh:

ETA: I really like Legally Blonde, but c'mon now, short of figuring out you don't shower right after a permanent, Elle Woods was NOT a good lawyer!

She sure was animated! In court THURSDAY! While questioning! Jack the quack!

Oh dear Frvrshl, what a horrible story..no wonder you feel a connection here. Pneumonia isn't to be messed with either...keep resting. Remember there will still be a sentencing phase which will be very important (where the jury will decide death) and it will be like a mini trial in itself and the family will speak. They will need us there more than ever and things will be kind of died down media wise by then. It will be weeks after the conviction so there is time for you to recover and make it to that.

Let us know..........rest and take good care.

Oh I had forgotten that. I will go for sure before they put her in Perryville. I am so glued to this case that even I have been dreaming of Travis.

My BFF has been gone for 18 years and it's hitting me like it happened yesterday. You never get over the evilness of people. He stabbed her so many times because the "dumb ***** wouldn't die." I don't even remember how long the 4 of them got in prison.

No one should ever, ever suffer through their loved one being killed. But the work that you do and the story you told in the other thread remind us that their lives had so much meaning that isn't gone just because they are. It's in the sun that shines and the wind that blows, the rain that falls and the flowers that grow. It's all around us if we just look and listen.

Hi KCL!

Can you update us on Juan Martinez? I'm going through serious withdrawals here...

OMG your graphic at the bottom there...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

What kind of updates on Juan Martinez? I don't see him on the weekends (usually). lol kidding.

I may take to stalking the Aloha Kitchen as I hear he frequents it but I haven't started that behavior yet. ;)

I hope you don't mind me throwing out some questions to you.

Does Jodi's voice sound a lot different in the courtroom compared to the live stream/video? The reason I ask is that her voice sounds so different from the sex tapes played in the courtroom and the other recordings I've heard and watched (48 Hours and other TV interviews and her interrogations with Detective Flores).

Do people think that Jodi is medicated right now? I heard from the "experts" on TV that this is a common practice.

I am so sorry for your losses. Forever Changed is what happens to us when we loose those we love. I cant imagine the pain that you have endured thru the years and still endure.

I am praying for you.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Does Jodi's voice sound a lot different in the courtroom compared to the live stream/video? The reason I ask is that her voice sounds so different from the sex tapes played in the courtroom and the other recordings I've heard and watched (48 Hours and other TV interviews and her interrogations with Detective Flores).

Do people think that Jodi is medicated right now? I heard from the "experts" on TV that this is a common practice.

JA does not seem medicated to me. Least not any meds that I am familiar with. I am watching online so not in person. She isn't groggy or hyped up.

Meanwhile Back at the Ranch.......
I see JW approach towards Gus's doppelganger and then asks the judge if she can approach. I thought she was supposed to ask first then approach. Learn something new everyday.
Sorry, real life takes over at times. :)

Does that work differently for your witnesses vs the other side's? I always thought as you said above, but JM approached JA numerous times without asking for permission first.

KCL is on Tricia's radio program that starts at 8pm you can ask questions then.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/03/18/websleuths-radio

I really dislike watching defense witnesses in general (esp when it's obvious the defendant is a stone cold killer) so I think I'm going to skip the rest of Gus2's direct testimony and just wait for the filleting by Mr. Juan on cross. And then I'll skip the D.V. direct testimony since that too has nothing to do with JA and only watch the cross....

(snipped)

BBM - I bet most of the members of the jury feel the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stefunee