Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<mod snip>

I'm gonna see if it's possible to get a thread that's courtroom observations WITH discussion and one that is exclusively the observations extracted there (you may have to wait to get them over there by the mods but it would concentrate it to just that).

And just as my opinion, when you are getting something at no expense that a person like me, PASA, etc. are doing at our own expense and have no obligation whatsoever to take a note much less share it during our own time off, people might reconsider just what there is to "complain" about. And what is even owed. I know there have been court observers that have said to me "I don't even want to share my notes" because snotty remarks have been made about the timely manner or way they've been shared.

just keepin it real.

That is called the "well" of the courtroom. The wall that separates the gallery of spectators from the counsel table and the bench is called the "bar."

THANK YOU! I knew there were terms for that. Thank you! :seeya:

Grandpa swiveling and looking to the gallery.

Now I have a perfect view. HW looks out to the gallery. LONG sidebar.

Met Camille Kimball , crime writer, wrote the book on Jake's brother's case. She leaned over and gave her condolences to me, was very familiar with our case. Was a reporter back then.

Just can't write anymore notes on this buffoon, I write. My hand hurts.

Then I start writing again. ;)

When he says traumas were "enough alike" re: his PSD test CEO not looking at him, has a look of *whatever*. This is just disrespectful to the jury imo.

THANK GOD! Juan! Gonna wake up now.

When JM gets up, tri color and Paul r. look at each other and share a smile. Jurors sit up straighter now.

JM zipping around the (what is that area called? AZ Lawyer? Area where the desks are up to the witness?).

Misplaced worksheet...this guy is at best sloppy and at worst shady.

"no more problems than you do" this to me is like "I know you are but what am I?"

CEO cracks a smile when JM goes all gangster WEBSTER on this dude. ;)

definition of compassion.

Nurmi snatches that Webster page like "gimme that!" off JM desk and heads to "approach".

CEO , Nancy, Tri color all note taking on this bias stuff.

JM once again is like watching a thoroughbred.

Nancy, Tri taking notes. Ponytail manicuring.

Interesting JM leaves his main man Webster up on the screen on def of compassion for a long time even after this is passed.

Buying the book cured his feeling of compassion for JA then he didn't feel compassion after that. Ok...does that even make sense?

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD MY HUSBAND!!!:floorlaugh:

He keeps misplacing items, leaving them at home, etc. Either this is sneaky and hoping to hide something or this man has the audacity to come to court so sloppy and unprepared it's really kind of shocking. esp after getting busted nearly every day he's on the stand.

On that topic, I hope LaViolette does the same thing. ;)

Looks like 2 juror questions in the box.

CEO looks for a long time at someone on the public side..never seen that before. Something or someone is getting his attention.

Wrestler big stretch over his head, arms, water bottle in hand.

JA glares straight back at....??? It was a GLARE

Next Thurs 9:30 to 12:30 (perfect for me as I head out of town that afternoon).

Mon. 10am.

Re the sweet juror with the head phones in response to Judge's question if he missed anything "no Your Honor , I heard it all".

That was kind of a sweet note to end the day on.

:seeya:

That's all folks!

Grandpa swiveling and looking to the gallery.

Now I have a perfect view. HW looks out to the gallery. LONG sidebar.

Met Camille Kimball , crime writer, wrote the book on Jake's brother's case. She leaned over and gave her condolences to me, was very familiar with our case. Was a reporter back then.

Just can't write anymore notes on this buffoon, I write. My hand hurts.

Then I start writing again. ;)

When he says traumas were "enough alike" re: his PSD test CEO not looking at him, has a look of *whatever*. This is just disrespectful to the jury imo.

THANK GOD! Juan! Gonna wake up now.

When JM gets up, tri color and Paul r. look at each other and share a smile. Jurors sit up straighter now.

JM zipping around the (what is that area called? AZ Lawyer? Area where the desks are up to the witness?).

Misplaced worksheet...this guy is at best sloppy and at worst shady.

"no more problems than you do" this to me is like "I know you are but what am I?"

CEO cracks a smile when JM goes all gangster WEBSTER on this dude. ;)

definition of compassion.

Nurmi snatches that Webster page like "gimme that!" off JM desk and heads to "approach".

CEO , Nancy, Tri color all note taking on this bias stuff.

JM once again is like watching a thoroughbred.

Nancy, Tri taking notes. Ponytail manicuring.

Interesting JM leaves his main man Webster up on the screen on def of compassion for a long time even after this is passed.

Buying the book cured his feeling of compassion for JA then he didn't feel compassion after that. Ok...does that even make sense?

BBM1: The "well." Although I haven't heard anyone use that word since law school. :)

BBM2: Oh good. Now I know how to cure my feelings of compassion that cause me to waste time on public service and such nonsense. I shall simply order $9.99 books for, e.g., all the foster kids in Arizona. Thanks for this tip.

BBM

The "someone else" judges have trials all the time too, and full calendars.

yeah thanks for that....this was meant in a "perfect world scenario" way, not a what are the reasons this did not happen way. just mentioning now that in a high profile case like this it really makes sense....time management in the case has been less than the norm, I hope. But thanks for your insider info.

The first thing I want to post is to transcribe exactly what Samantha wrote in my journal about donations:

Paypal address: justice4travisalexander@gmail.com

Direct mail: Samantha Alexander
PO Box 130023
Carlsbad, CA 92013

Make checks out to : Samantha Alexander

(feel free to copy and paste this elsewhere)

MODS ~

Any chance this could be moved to page 1 with the juror descriptions so it's easy for everyone to find?

Katie, JA seems to be riveted on someone in the gallery as the jury comes/goes. Who or what is she staring at? Did you happen to notice this? Her whole body is rotated towards the gallery, versus before when she would stand and face the jury from the defense table. Just wondering if you noticed. TIA

I saw this just the one time as most of the day I had a poor view of her. No idea...I just don't know. Any guesses? She never almost never looks at her mother though I do know that.

BBM1: The "well." Although I haven't heard anyone use that word since law school. :)

BBM2: Oh good. Now I know how to cure my feelings of compassion that cause me to waste time on public service and such nonsense. I shall simply order $9.99 books for, e.g., all the foster kids in Arizona. Thanks for this tip.

LOL! He is "accused all the time" of being a compassionate person but he can turn it on and off courtesy of amazon.com! Crazy.

And the well ! Well Juan Martinez considers that well his boxing ring. ;)

I saw this just the one time as most of the day I had a poor view of her. No idea...I just don't know. Any guesses? She never almost never looks at her mother though I do know that.

Someone said yesterday thought they saw JA mouthing "juror #2" to Wilcott. Don't know if that is true or not.

Katie,
Just wondering if Katie Wicke might be offered a job with HLN after the trial ends. My DH and I really like her and feel that she is doing a fine job as a court reporter on Dr. Drew. Katie is personable, bright, articulate, and very photogenic. She's confident, genuine, and a natural in her role. I remember hearing that she is currently unemployed, and I wish her the best. I have a hunch that we might see her again on the small screen ;)

Thanks for your continued sharing about your courtroom experiences.

I really hope so. And I was literally sitting with her the moment she was "discovered". I think she's a natural and I trust her (she's smart as a whip and everyone that meets her notices how genuinely nice she is). She's gonna land somewhere...maybe on a show with Beth karas now that I think of it.

Oprah? Are you reading here? :seeya:

Late last night ! Ryan smith was talking about the interrogation video! With jodi and Flores ! Jodi asked! if he had been in contact with her family! he said yes! and they weren't surprised!! She was arrested and killing travis?:please:

Anyone know about this please!

I thought she asked if Travis' family knew.Det. Floreshe said something about he talked to them every day and she said something like I wanted to call everyday but didn't want to appear obsessive so I limited my calls to once a week. Did I misunderstand what family was being referred to??? TIA

KCL, I was wondering, when that text from Travis to Jodi was on the screen, was the portion where he calls her a "sociopath" too low for you guys to see or was it up there? It seems that when there is evidence on the screen and only one portion is highlighted, the jury looks at all all of it. Do you think a juror could be wondering WHAT got Travis so angry at her in the text?

Someone said yesterday thought they saw JA mouthing "juror #2" to Wilcott. Don't know if that is true or not.

Juror number 2 has always been very non descript for lack of a better word. He sits there with his chin in his hand and never looks at her. Maybe they have seats in the gallery numbered and nicknames for US! :what:

LOL! He is "accused all the time" of being a compassionate person but he can turn it on and off courtesy of amazon.com! Crazy.

And the well ! Well Juan Martinez considers that well his boxing ring. ;)

He sure does.

One thing I noticed is that, at least from the portions of the trial I've seen, it doesn't appear that the attorneys ask permission to cross the "well" to the witness. They do ask before approaching the bench, but I was taught to say, e.g., "your honor, may I approach the witness?" before handing the witness an exhibit. Or the bailiff might act as intermediary between the podium and the witness.

I guess that would slow things down, though....

KCL, I was wondering, when that text from Travis to Jodi was on the screen, was the portion where he calls her a "sociopath" too low for you guys to see or was it up there? It seems that when there is evidence on the screen and only one portion is highlighted, the jury looks at all all of it. Do you think a juror could be wondering WHAT got Travis so angry at her in the text?

There were many texts up there on the big screen yesterday (and other days). I do think the sociopath portion was shown as ALL of those "Travis being mean to Jodi" texts were shown..it was pointed out he called her "evil". And yes, I'm sure they are wondering what provoked that. I'm personally glad he called her "evil" in this courtroom. Someone had to say it.

He sure does.

One thing I noticed is that, at least from the portions of the trial I've seen, it doesn't appear that the attorneys ask permission to cross the "well" to the witness. They do ask before approaching the bench, but I was taught to say, e.g., "your honor, may I approach the witness?" before handing the witness an exhibit. Or the bailiff might act as intermediary between the podium and the witness.

I guess that would slow things down, though....

I have not seen that in this trial but good point! Thank God that wasn't in place for Nurmi..for him to get that phrase out AND lumber up to the witness stand would have doubled his time in the well. ;) I'm using my new word now in every sentence I can...:blushing:

I'm gonna see if it's possible to get a thread that's courtroom observations WITH discussion and one that is exclusively the observations extracted there (you may have to wait to get them over there by the mods but it would concentrate it to just that).

And just as my opinion, when you are getting something at no expense that a person like me, PASA, etc. are doing at our own expense and have no obligation whatsoever to take a note much less share it during our own time off, people might reconsider just what there is to "complain" about. And what is even owed. I know there have been court observers that have said to me "I don't even want to share my notes" because snotty remarks have been made about the timely manner or way they've been shared.

just keepin it real.

:goodpost:

I am glad that you said this. You do sooooo much and so do the other 'observers'. You owe NOTHING. I am happy to wait and scroll and refresh anytime for such insightful observations. Know you are all appreciated by a great many. :rocker:

Not sure if you are finished, Katie...hoping we can approach. :)

Some people were disturbed at the juror's question re: "dam breaking" emotions, which I gathered was related to a crime of passion. Lord knows the DT has tried to get this in 58 ways to Sunday.

How did you react to that question? Are you at all concerned that the DT has a potential believer?

TIA for everything you are doing. So sorry to hear about the ribbons- beyond no bueno there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suns12035