a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
Actually that's a darn good point! Honestly (sorry may be TMI) I only do major landscape if I'm pretty sure someone's checking out my yard to speak.. Then add to fact I think waxed so that's way more $$ than a razor & Barbisol ya know?

Why that alone should prove premeditation!
Jmo

Oh hilarious :floorlaugh:

That's hilarious! where would one go to find a Thanksgiving dinner for delivery anyway? hahaha I had mac n cheese and sauteed spinach and no champagne which is probably why I'm seeming so cranky . ;)

Don't you guys have any Bob Evans' out there?lol

but I did think of some bubbly too.

I'm new here but I'm getting 'cranky' on 2 things...

1. LEAVE THIS "OT" THANG ALONE B4 KCL TELLS US ALL TO TAKE A FLYING LEAP...

2. STOP CALLING TEXTING AND EMAILING THE DA'S OFFICE B4 THEY STOP AIRING THE D#*%@ TRIAL!

I WOULD HAVE WITHDRAWL IF EITHER HAPPENED.

Hmmm, the burden is on them to prove self defense. I am not sure how that would work for the defense if they started arguing a self defense case and changed gears mid way to crime of passion when they couldn't prove it.

Undoubtedly, the will argue for lesser includeds, but one of our lawyer friends has said they don't know if that'll happen as they don't see that the defense has done enough to get second degree murder in, especially if they are arguing self defense. If they stick to that (don't they have to?), then the only options would be murder one or she walks. I don't think they can turn around and say, this was an accidental thing or a crime of passion so please include second degree.

I think it will all depend upon the judges instructions to the jury. If they are given lesser included, and there is an option for manslaughter or 2nd, they might go for it. I sure hope not, but it is scary.

I think it will depend upon the upcoming DV expert. If she can convince this jury that Jodi was physically abused and was too battered to talk about it, they could win this. I think it is an uphill battle. So this will hinge upon the lies she has told and if Juan can prove the gas can, gas receipts, and that she first said that the child *advertiser censored* was on the computer. JMO

Something hinky here..this is taxpayer money and should be public info.

I went back through the court minutes just to make sure I was remembering the first defense billing protective order. I was only able to find the request for keep the billing fees confidential. I will keep looking tomorrow. The defense claimed that if they were public, the state would be able to figure out their strategy--I guess because they could see where they were spending their money. Just noticed that an attorney on twitter is saying the protective order is for keeping fees a secret.

While I was going through the minutes, I found a request from the defendant, requesting that her polygraph results be used in the penalty phase of the trial. I don't know if this is old news to the board, but it was news to me. She must of passed a polygraph at some point. That makes her even more terrifying.

The court denied her request.

Thanx all. :hug: (but in a reasonably expectable world, not even close to a freakin' ideal world, shouldn't Search work? especially Advanced Search? never mind) :)

It's weird that search feature as I've searched on my name before but only the RESPONSES to my posts show up but not my actual posts...must be just what is in the box like right here this box will come up on a search. I think just searching on my name or Pasa's name will work for ya. Just scroll back and my court posts are usually a very similar style and pretty back to back generally as I do them all at the same time. PASa spaces hers out. BUt the discussion and questions on the observations are also interesting.

I'm crackin open a Mikes Lemonade so my mood is gonna improve in 3...2...1...(why didn't I think of that sooner?)

I have to agree. What I find shocking is that she has absolutely anything on her mind other than her possible fate. I would be so terrified if I were in her position, I wouldn't be able to tell you who had a ribbon on, who smirked, or who did what.

I caught snippet of interrogation tape where she says she's upset/crock tears not what she'd done but WHAT SHE WAS GOING TO MISS OUT ON!!

GMFB if that doesn't speak volumes about her priorities then nothing will!

JMO

Can they do that though? Maybe one of our lawyer buddies can help me out. I was under the impression that the only thing that could be on the table was murder one or acquittal since they are arguing a self defense case. Can they switch and admit that this was a murder and ask for murder two?

Yes, they can, but only if things fall into place for them. I think it has been discussed in the Legal Thread. The judge has to add 'lesser included' and give the jury instructions for the legal criteria.

Don't you guys have any Bob Evans' out there?lol

but I did think of some bubbly too.

I'm new here but I'm getting 'cranky' on 2 things...

1. LEAVE THIS "OT" THANG ALONE B4 KCL TELLS US ALL TO TAKE A FLYING LEAP...

2. STOP CALLING TEXTING AND EMAILING THE DA'S OFFICE B4 THEY STOP AIRING THE D#*%@ TRIAL!

I WOULD HAVE WITHDRAWL IF EITHER HAPPENED.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I texted a friend tonite about meeting up over the weekend at my favorite crepe place (no liquor license) and told her I'd be having my mini champagnes in my purse to make our own mimosas.

Please, no one report or arrest me. This is medicinal at this point.

Does anyone know if the defense plans on calling any more witnesses after AVL? I'm not going to watch while she's on the stand because I think it's going to be really upsetting. I think she will do much more "damage" and will be a lot more credible than Dr. S was. I have a lot of respect for what she does and am really hoping she is an honest and unbiased expert. From what I've read about her, she has spent much of her life fighting for DV victims.

HOWEVER, I think all of her testimony will be irrelevant once JM hammers home his premeditation evidence in rebuttal and his psychologist testifies. Not to mention, everything she says only matters if the person listening believes Jodi's BS stories. Ummm no.

I still haven't watched the states CIC so I'm going to catch up on that during her time on the stand.

I want to schedule a couple of days off of work to go to court again, but am hoping I can guess right for rebuttal time. Anyone have any guesses about when we'll get to that point?

Yes I seen her today! She looked great! She's gorgeous and a personality to match.

Katie Wick is a girl you think you're not gonna like because she's smart, gorgeous and friendly and outspoken. But she wins you over with her genuine niceness. She is nice to EVERYONE. (unlike me). I look forward to watching her career take off.

That and " Travis deserved to die" (because he was a sex fiend, a pedo., borrowed money, and etc...) :furious:

Pensfan as in Pittsburgh Penguins? they won their 11th in a row tonite if so...just fyi, I know. I know...OT!!!!!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

---------
Hi, I think it was Mike Galanos or if he's African American it would be Kevin Smith ( I think). They are both very nice fellows. Better than some of the women.:floorlaugh: I dont always pay enough attention to names..:seeya:

Ryan Smith, one of the most handsome men on TV. I like him.

They can't stop you from wearing elephants in some way can they? Just a thought

I don't see how, but stranger things have happened. I'll find out soon enough as I got some new elephant accessories. :)

Katie Wick is a girl you think you're not gonna like because she's smart, gorgeous and friendly and outspoken. But she wins you over with her genuine niceness. She is nice to EVERYONE. (unlike me). I look forward to watching her career take off.

c'mon now, where's thaaat self esteem? Silly girl. But I do get the feeling u can hold ur own 4 sure. :cheers:

by the way...uh 'goodnight'??? we need u rested up m'am

I said this on the other thread and I have to express myself again:

This INFURIATES me.

We are very upset about it. It's not like we're waving them around and they are quite small.
I think ja's mother should have to remove her #1MoM necklace too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump