a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately katie I think since LaViolette is going to testify about abuse it's going to be Nurmi questioning her. Lord help us all get through it, it's going to be tedious.

Unfortunately katie I think since LaViolette is going to testify about abuse it's going to be Nurmi questioning her. Lord help us all get through it, it's going to be tedious.

Let me just slide on up to the Valium bar. Maybe I will take a vacation that week. I've been intuiting I'm gonna have a real problem w/ Ms. LaViolette. Ya know if the roles were reversed here (gender) and a male had killed a female in identical circumstances, we'd see her weighing in for the State. blech

:floorlaugh:

I'm not sure who I find more annoying. JW bothers me in a different way than Nurmi.

I agree that she'll be on longer than RS. Hmm no court on Monday, the 1st, right? Maybe I'll take that Thursday and a day or two the following week off.

I didn't hear about no court on the 1st?Good to know!

I've been curious about why Jodi's story involving her holding it in two hands until I saw JVM tonite. She's doing a gun demo at some gun academy and using a 25 caliber. If the safety is on it would be a two step process to fire the gun...you'd have to release the safety then hit the trigger after "cocking" it. I think the twohanded technique is trying to explain how it's possible for all these mechanisms to happen simultaneously for the gun to "just go off". I hope this even makes sense.

I've been wondering why she specified two hands too. The other thing I thought was that it would give the impression that she couldn't have been holding the knife already too.

I've been curious about why Jodi's story involving her holding it in two hands until I saw JVM tonite. She's doing a gun demo at some gun academy and using a 25 caliber. If the safety is on it would be a two step process to fire the gun...you'd have to release the safety then hit the trigger after "cocking" it. I think the twohanded technique is trying to explain how it's possible for all these mechanisms to happen simultaneously for the gun to "just go off". I hope this even makes sense.

I didnt like that whole thing JVM did, but I suppose it has to be demonstrated nonetheless. I hope DT doesnt get ahold of that video

I've been wondering why she specified two hands too. The other thing I thought was that it would give the impression that she couldn't have been holding the knife already too.

good one, never thought of that

I'm there on the valium bar with you. I would love to say I'm going to skip it, but I'll be right there listening to her and trying not to yell at my computer at work. Maybe I'll make a game out of it and see if I can predict which points Juan is going to pounce on and discredit.

Does that account go to the family? I donated via that link...do I need to dispute it and donate from the other link? I want my money to go to the family.

This is the link that goes to the family:

justice4travisalexander@gmail.com

And this is the address for those who would like to send a check

Tanisha Sorenson
ALS
700 E. Redlands Blvd. STE U 304
Redlands, CA. 92373

Here is a link to a post on FB by Tanisha re: the donations.

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/433517180057763

Mods, if this isn't ok, please delete.

I think that other link is the travis something or other fund.

HTH

Do you think that the DV expert is going to testify just generally about battered women's syndrome and all of the different theories and patterns and explain the process or do you think she actually evaluated jodi & will testify that she was a battered woman. I just cant see why anyone who is respected in their field would want to risk their reputation basically vouchering for a sociopath & make it appear like she duped them too. Im curious to see how much this woman is willing to compromise what is clearly an established career in this field to defend someone who is obviously not a battered woman.

I don't know of she met with ja, but I have a feeling she'll end up like Samuels, an insult to her profession. MOO

I didn't hear about no court on the 1st?Good to know!

I'm pretty sure the judge said that when she told the jury about the upcoming schedule. I took notes about what she said, but I wrote it on the back of a kitchen perspective and now I can't find it. Lol

Did anyone else hear the judge say that?

The texts also showed that the day before this happened, Travis had actually loaned her money. So what were they doing, just passing money back and forth? Makes no sense!

BBM

I do believe JA was doing this with her different bank accounts it's called kiting cuz you're floating money on a string (a check). People do this to make payments when they don't the $ available to buy time to get a deposit like pay check posted without paying NSF fees...

It's harder to do this these days as most online payments are ACH routing/acct # you may buy 48 hrs with paper check & even 72+ hrs if credit union check.

(Used to work fraud at financial institution not a criminal lol):floorlaugh:

Oh my the courtroom just lit up when Mr. Juanderful started. He was not on yesterday when I was in the courtroom so today was a treat to see him.

One of the gallery person went through Jodi's family row to get to her seat and one of them jumped up and told her it was not a pass thru. That got our attention.

Then two women were seated directly behind Jodi's family and nodded her head continually in support of Travis. I thought this was surprising as we all know to not visibly react. Then during break or sidebar (sorry can't remember which) that same woman sitting with Jodi's mom again jumped up for the bailiff and proceeded to say the head-nodding woman behind her stated she wished Jodi was dead. The woman was ejected. We all sit there very silently because we know it is a privilege to be there and the rules are very important. It was pretty dumb to do that frankly IMO.

You'd be surprised how many people leave their phones on and chit chat in the court room after being told it's a no-no. I make sure my electronics are off and try to keep as quiet as I can.

It was a pleasure to meet you, btw. Will you be in court next week?

night night ladies and gents. laptop battery is low and so is mine. Hubby has his c-pap on so I can sleep tonight so better get to it. Sweet dreams and keep up all the hard work and dedication. Together we are stronger than evil!

My impression of the jury is that it can be kind of sleepy at times unless Juan is up. And that is nothing against the jury, it can be tedious just period. Juan absolutely commands the courtroom with his strength and passion. His advocacy of justice is incredibly apparent and admirable. I don't find him unfair at all - he is simply direct and clear in laying out the facts. Just the facts, ma'am for those Dragnet fans. I believe in my heart we.will have a death penalty conviction.

Have you also noticed that he's not as loud and agressive sounding in the courtroom as he is on the feed and TV? That's how it comes across to me.

I'm with you, the jury is ready to deliberate. MOO

night night ladies and gents. laptop battery is low and so is mine. Hubby has his c-pap on so I can sleep tonight so better get to it. Sweet dreams and keep up all the hard work and dedication. Together we are stronger than evil!

nite Bobkat:seeya: Headin in too...........:offtobed: for realz now.

I'm pretty sure the judge said that when she told the jury about the upcoming schedule. I took notes about what she said, but I wrote it on the back of a kitchen perspective and now I can't find it. Lol

Did anyone else hear the judge say that?

:seeya: yes she did say dark Monday 4/1

Omg :Floorlaugh:

I thought you were talking about Dr. Horn! I didn't start watching until the defense started, so I was wondering what the jury asked him.

I did too. He's the only sexy Dr. I've seen on the stand. :)

BBM

I do believe JA was doing this with her different bank accounts it's called kiting cuz you're floating money on a string (a check). People do this to make payments when they don't the $ available to buy time to get a deposit like pay check posted without paying NSF fees...

It's harder to do this these days as most online payments are ACH routing/acct # you may buy 48 hrs with paper check & even 72+ hrs if credit union check.

(Used to work fraud at financial institution not a criminal lol):floorlaugh:

So did I. But I thought she deposited cash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams