a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I go to sleep I want to get something out of my head which is where my notes started for today knowing this is controversial but it's just how I feel. I literally walked straight in to Jodi's mom as i walked in the courtroom. She was walking out and I was walking in and we collided. We both chuckled and said "I'm sorry!" in that normal you would in that kind of awkward moment in life. I trust my gut feeling completely and I keep having these little moments of colliding with her around the courtroom and every time it happens I am overwhelmed with this feeling of this woman just being a normal person going through something like this.

After hearing what those people were saying behind her and getting thrown out of court I sincerely felt/feel empathy for what that must feel like. I know many people have issues with her and I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything but share how i feel. And I know I wouldn't feel this way if I'd not had these small encounters (for a reason?) that ignite this instant feeling of compassion for this woman. To me she kind of can't win for losing.She gave birth to this monster. She knew her when she was an innocent baby. How would she live the rest of her life if she wasn't there. And yet Jodi throws her under the bus yet again through this witness who testifies she is the one person who's had the brunt of Jodi's anger. I'm sure she has.

I don't know how else to explain my feelings other than to think of her this evening my weary heart goes out to this woman who's also enduring the unimaginable.

For me i think Jodi Arias is some kind of freak of nature and I do mean nature. I don't know from where she came but just on the limited knowledge I have, I don't hold it against her mother. Please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me...this was just kind of haunting me so had to get it out of my head. Now I can go to sleep. :eek:fftobed:

So glad you posted this. I have always felt sad for her Mom. I have felt very sad for Travis family also. JA Mom can not help what kind of monster her daughter is. And as a Mother, I can see her being right there for her daughter. No one wants their child to be giving a death sentence. (IMO this is what JA deserves) JA has threw her under the bus, but as a Mother would do for their child, she is there everyday for her child.

Sometimes she has laughed in court, but we really dont know what she is laughing at. I posted something like this before on another thread and it was not taking in too well. So I have remained silent about it since.

Glad you had that experiance and was able to post. Rest well!

I know from personal experience and my tax attorney that gifts are not counted as income.

IIRC during Quackmaster's testimony JW showed part of the journal and it stated that she would want to name her child Alexander.

Just sickening.

It's wrong to wish infertility on someone but I only feel this way as a result of her actions. Why I'm worrying about her future children I do not know. Hopefully this jury gets it right

I have had two family members who unfortunately were cold blooded murderers. Their mother (who was supportive) could not tolerate what her sons had done and did not attend. This happened within fifty miles of where I live. I did not go. I was disappointed they did not get the death penalty. I sincerely believe they would kill any of us including their mother. They are horrendous aberrations of humanity. I live in fear they will get out and so does their mother. I don't blame the Arias family. I think these monsters are just born. MOO. Thats my tome for the day.

Why do I have a feeling Nancy Grace will be talking about how a juror is sending messages to Jodi now? ugh.

I really don't think a juror was sending signals or messages to Jodi Arias.

If I was on that jury, I'd be sitting on my hands to stop from tying one of my shoelaces in a noose and dangling it from my finger at Jodi. :whistle:

We can think it and say we want the death penalty. But theres no threat. On the other hand Travises family has to be witness to this group of baboons on the other side of the room carrying on like they are at a ball game during sidebars when photos of Travises body is on the screen.

Can we even be sure she said that? The only person who heard it was #1Mom's friend.
One of the ladies said yesterday morning that 3 people were taken ahead of the line, greeted by Nurmi and seated behind Jodi's mother and aunt.
Was this the same people who caused the trouble?

:seeya:

Before I go to sleep I want to get something out of my head which is where my notes started for today knowing this is controversial but it's just how I feel. I literally walked straight in to Jodi's mom as i walked in the courtroom. She was walking out and I was walking in and we collided. We both chuckled and said "I'm sorry!" in that normal you would in that kind of awkward moment in life. I trust my gut feeling completely and I keep having these little moments of colliding with her around the courtroom and every time it happens I am overwhelmed with this feeling of this woman just being a normal person going through something like this.

After hearing what those people were saying behind her and getting thrown out of court I sincerely felt/feel empathy for what that must feel like. I know many people have issues with her and I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything but share how i feel. And I know I wouldn't feel this way if I'd not had these small encounters (for a reason?) that ignite this instant feeling of compassion for this woman. To me she kind of can't win for losing.She gave birth to this monster. She knew her when she was an innocent baby. How would she live the rest of her life if she wasn't there. And yet Jodi throws her under the bus yet again through this witness who testifies she is the one person who's had the brunt of Jodi's anger. I'm sure she has.

I don't know how else to explain my feelings other than to think of her this evening my weary heart goes out to this woman who's also enduring the unimaginable.

For me i think Jodi Arias is some kind of freak of nature and I do mean nature. I don't know from where she came but just on the limited knowledge I have, I don't hold it against her mother. Please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me...this was just kind of haunting me so had to get it out of my head. Now I can go to sleep. :eek:fftobed:

I agree 100%. I think the laughter between the two sisters is a way to relieve the stress they are feeling. While she has done some things we do not feel were right, reporting misconduct when there was apparently none, she is still Jodi's mother and I imagine would not give up fighting for her to save her life. They know what she has done. They know what she is capable of for sure. As a parent, not a place I would ever want to be.

The mother-aunt sitting in court faithfully each day signals the jury that Jodi's chronic fear of abandonment, per Samuels, did not originate with them. She abandoned the family, moving in w/Bobby, but even before then she was thwarting the rules by staying out all night. I missed details about the supposed 13 yo knife-to-throat encounter, but, if true, it probably involved a low-life she'd taken up that her parents knew nothing about. Evidence has made plain there's no love lost on either side between Jodi and her family, which will help the jury discount the parents' grief as a mitigating factor at sentencing.

Oh my the courtroom just lit up when Mr. Juanderful started. He was not on yesterday when I was in the courtroom so today was a treat to see him.

One of the gallery person went through Jodi's family row to get to her seat and one of them jumped up and told her it was not a pass thru. That got our attention.

Then two women were seated directly behind Jodi's family and nodded her head continually in support of Travis. I thought this was surprising as we all know to not visibly react. Then during break or sidebar (sorry can't remember which) that same woman sitting with Jodi's mom again jumped up for the bailiff and proceeded to say the head-nodding woman behind her stated she wished Jodi was dead. The woman was ejected. We all sit there very silently because we know it is a privilege to be there and the rules are very important. It was pretty dumb to do that frankly IMO.

I know EXACTLY which two people you're talking about. Mom immediately said that's who she thought it was.

When they called us to go in, 3 people who were not in line got summoned forth ahead of us. When we were seated, Nurmi gave those 3 the thumbs up. Darn. Otherwise I would have been right behind Jod's mom and sister. One of those 3 said she was nervous being there. Jodi supporters? Probably or else Nurmi people seems doubtful tho as it wasn't a day for him to be prime.

And we still have our blue ribbons on - they didn't take those away. Pretty quiet session.

People cracked up when Dr. Samuels phone went off as he sat down on stand. Some goofy ringtone. Katiecoolady sat with the family. What an advocate she is!!

Were the people that were ejected seated right behind JA's mother? Were these the people that Nurmi helped to get in?

Who is Dr. Sexy?
The ME :woot: but to respond to the post you were responding to, I don't know who they're talking about. IIRC there weren't any questions for the ME.

I have been upset when she is laughing during very serious testimony. As a mother, I could never laugh while my daughter was charged with and committed a premeditated murder. MOO.

However, I believe Jodi was born evil. If you have a chance watch the new parts on her arrest video. She has her head down, fake hard crying and Det Flores says she is beginning to see what she has done ( my words ) and she says to him, "No I am just thinking of what I will miss out on.". All about Jodi.

So yes, I feel for her mother on that level because Jodi is a monster.

I want to know if anyone noticed how different JA was behaving today after that strange exchange with JW regarding a particular juror? She is flirty and had her chair turned toward the left most of the day and was urging her implants to perk up, touching her neck and pulling her hair up etc...just very different behavior. I think she thinks one of them is caught in her web, the black widow that she is.

I also got the impression Jodie was being flirty. I have never seen her twirl the ends of her hair before, as she did yesterday (Thursday) When the jury was leaving or coming in, instead of standing in her place as usual, she stepped back as if she wanted to be seen.

Katiecoolady, JM should know about this. And the judge. Maybe they he can be dismissed and alternate steps in.

Is the murderess giving goo goo eyes at a juror and then reporting it to JW? That was my impression right away.

At the end of court, JA and JW were acting like giddy grade school girls. They should be called out on it! And the juror at least be confronted about it.

I wish these jurors were behind a plate glass one-way mirror so that these shenanigans could not go on. That would put an end to it. JMO

I feel sorry for Jodi's mom too. There are many people that just flat out don't believe in the death penalty. I can't imagine anyone wanting to hurt one of my kids, let alone kill them. It must be he!! for her.

I would guess she took the letters to the Enquirer because Jodi was able to convince her they were real. She went to Arizona to help her move and was also there the night before she got arrested. Jodi has been convincing her of these lies all of her life.

Even on this website we find a way to bring in some humor to try to maintain some sanity. I can't fathom that she is finding humor in this tragedy. I would think it more likely she, too, is trying to block out some of the horror. I can't imagine what kind of person could do this to another human being. It must be near impossible if that person is your child.

The ONLY person in that courtroom that I personally despise is Jodi. IMO, everyone else is there for their own reasons and does not support what transpired on June 4, 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mili