Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MY BOMBSHELL OF THE DAY!!!

When asked if JA was having these "physiologic reactions to stress" (the shaking like a chihuahua and hands sweating he's talked about) PRIOR to the murder, he answers "highly unlikely".

Do you realize what he just did?

He just INVALIDATED the next expert who's entire job is to explain why she reacted with such OVER reaction is because she was a "battered woman" and she will try and sell how she'd been having this build up of trauma/anxiety/chihuaha shaking etc. up to the murder. HE JUST INVALIDATED that with that one answer. She tried to mitigate that damage but he sure did say it.

I can't wait for Juan to point that out :please: i hope he caught it.

I sure perked out of my fog when I heard that also. What about the incident when she testified that Darryl yelled at her and she had a "nervous breakdown" ? I guess that was not even known to Samuels. (as if it were true).

Hi Katie!!!

First thank you for all your time, effort, sweat and tears with all that you do in the name of Justice for Travis. :great:

I have a question....not sure if you are able to answer and I don't want you to betray confidence or intrude on the family...

So my question is...Does Juan ever acknowledge the family while in court? Sometimes when he is on a roll with a witness and turns to get some water, part of me hopes he turns around winks and smiles at the family. Like, "I got this!". I've never seen anything like that when watching but I was wondering if you have ever witnessed this or any interaction.

Again...thanks for all you and the others who report here do!!!!
\

He acknowledges them regularly...at almost every break he comes over and talks to them and goes back to the Victim room with them on breaks and after court EVERY day. I don't see it during his examining a witness in "the well" though but ya know I'm sure he's drawing energy from them.

In our case our prosecutor wore a pair of my sister's earrings in court EVERY day. On her closing she held a necklace of my sister's in her hands putting it back and forth in her hands as she delivered her closing. (her office by the way right before she retired was right next to Juan Martinez...she's a good friend of mine now and knows Juan very well and respects him very much). Families are very important to prosecutors imo.

I sure perked out of my fog when I heard that also. What about the incident when she testified that Darryl yelled at her and she had a "nervous breakdown" ? I guess that was not even known to Samuels. (as if it were true).

lol...glad someone else heard that!:rocker:

Has this been covered here? If so, I apologize. Too many pages to go through. And if not...let the debate start.
First, where are they getting this information from?
Hmmmmm.

Short video discussion from HLN included in link:

Was Jodi booked on Cancun trip with Travis?

Was Jodi supposed to go to Cancun with Travis? Sources tell HLN senior producer Selin Darkalstanian says Jodi was booked on that now infamous Cancun trip until Travis changed his mind and decided he wanted to take Mimi Hall instead. This is the first time we've heard that Travis considered taking Jodi on the Mexican getaway. Could this last minute change have send Jodi into a murderous rage?
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/22/was-jodi-booked-cancun-trip-travis

Hmmm, maybe that mysterious purchase of an airline ticket on her bank statement was a round trip from Northern CA to Mexico! If so, I'll bet she was never invited in the first place & planned to metaphorically crawl thru the doggy door into a Mexican resort..Can't wait till Juan tells what that purchase was for...He wouldn't have shown it had he not wanted to.

\

He acknowledges them regularly...at almost every break he comes over and talks to them and goes back to the Victim room with them on breaks and after court EVERY day. I don't see it during his examining a witness in "the well" though but ya know I'm sure he's drawing energy from them.

In our case our prosecutor wore a pair of my sister's earrings in court EVERY day. On her closing she held a necklace of my sister's in her hands putting it back and forth in her hands as she delivered her closing. (her office by the way right before she retired was right next to Juan Martinez...she's a good friend of mine now and knows Juan very well and respects him very much). Families are very important to prosecutors imo.

Thank you. This makes my heart swell.

Thank you so much! I just "liked" the page. I really hope someone scoops her up and she gets the recognition she deserves. Please tell her she has lots of fans!

I do know where she's been! I just posted about it on the Bring Back Beth FB page! (you can get tidbits there).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beth-Karas-Bring-Back-Beth/556728244361860?ref=ts&fref=ts

She is singing and dancing in a Broadway show for charity!

More info here:

innercircleshow.org

She lost both of her brothers to a horrible disease called MPS disease and she's a surviving sister so this is her charity project as she said "this is really where my heart is.." as she touched her heart. She loves the law, she said, but her biggest love is this charity project. what a good soul she is. She will be the President of that Inner Circle organization next year and I want to get a table and go on a NYC field trip to go see it! :rocker:

\

wow...thank you for sharing this, all of it.. I love that Juan's connected to Travis thru his siblings and to them via Travis..it gives all of this such a deeper meaning, if it's even possible.
Picturing your sister's prosecutor handling her necklace, wearing her earrings...so beautiful..overwhelming..
Seems you & Travis' family are connected in so many ways; what a blessing that is.

Now that would be awesome. And the exhibits Samuels wanted were like "raw data" of his tests or something. He just wants to see where else he's made errors he needs to dig himself out of or make excuses for...or find a way to blame "the prosecutor" for.
I don't understand why this isn't considered evidence that can't leave the courtroom.

WagaraTapaTalk

Jodi emphasized while on the stand, she never murdered anyone before. Samuels said it was her first killing. Is it?? These statements the way they were spoken, make me think that something happened before, maybe not a human, but possibly a brutal attack on an animal (s).
I did research unsolved deaths in Yreka, but they were way before her time.

I've been thinking about something she said in her interview with Det. Flores. He asked about cuts on her hands and she said her cat had scratched her. Said the cat was "feral." Now, anyone who knows anything about cats, feral cats don't let you get even close to them (at least the ones I've seen).

I wondered if she didn't do something to her cat.

And remember one of her co-workers said she was supposed to take care of someone's cat, and she put food and water (and the cat) in a room and left it there for 2wks? Said the cat was acting funny and shaking when she let it out. JA said, "I guess I should feel bad about that, shouldn't I?" but showed zero remorse.

What a loon.

\

That is so so so loving and what a great thing to do.

\

How poignant to read about the prosecutor who brought your sister into the courtroom. And the necklace at the closing ...it takes a special person to take into account the victim was a real live person and not just a statistic, and there was a family that needed her presence in the courtroom to validate that. It distresses me that the perp's rights during a trial become the vocus, and the life lost is secondary. Seems like once the victim breathes their last breath who there were or what they could have been is immaterial, and the rights of the killers takes precedence. The victims rights no longer exist. Where is the justice in that?

How poignant to read about the prosecutor who brought your sister into the courtroom. And the necklace at the closing ...it takes a special person to take into account the victim was a real live person and not just a statistic, and there was a family that needed her presence in the courtroom to validate that. It distresses me that the perp's rights during a trial become the vocus, and the life lost is secondary. Seems like once the victim breathes their last breath who there were or what they could have been is immaterial, and the rights of the killers takes precedence. The victims rights no longer exist. Where is the justice in that?

In Death Penalty trials the perp becomes like royalty with even more "specialness" attached to them. The saving grace is JA thrives on attention and sitting for 23 hours in a cell with no human contact even when out for that one hour will be punishment for her for the rest of her miserable life.

Our prosecutor was known for always holding a pen during her closing and sort of tapping her palm with it (her signature move) but in our case she used my sister's necklace (which I had gifted her). <3

Be prepared to cry before reading this... a message from Tanisha Alexander posted on the Justice for Travis Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/447419125334235

A message to you all, from Travis' sister:

To the supporters of Travis and Our family,
I just want to express how grateful Our family is to all of you for the loving support you have all shown us. Whether it's been support thru these pages, or thru your prayers, or thru sending us donations for our travel expenses, or thru sending us messages on facebook, or sending us Cards , Drawings of Travis, or making us Jewelry , quilts or gift cards and sending to them thru my PO box,... or if its you coming to court and showing support, or thru tying your blue ribbons around trees, mailboxes, or by you wearing your blue ribbons , even your children showing support by setting up on the side of the street and doing a lemonade stand to help raise us money for our expenses in the hope we see Justice for Travis. Whatever it is that you have done to show us support, I can't even express how many tears have ran down my face , even as I write this, because my heart feels so much love from all of you, so much gratitude, so many people who are strangers who I've never met and never will meet her on earth, still showing so much love... I just want you to know you are all a part of my families love, pain, and endurance. You have all been here for us and we feel your love, we feel your sacrifice, we feel your support, and we Know Our Heavenly Father hears your prayers and He will not let us down, it's our faith in him and Jesus Christ that we will see Justice for Travis and feel the love The Lord has for us. We are all blessed that thru the Atonement we will return to live With Our Heavenly father, Jesus Christ, and our Eternal families again. I look forward to living with my parents again, I look forward to living with My Brother TRAVIS again, I look forward to giving him the biggest hug I can think of giving , I look forward to as I'm passing out of this life into the next life hearing him sing as I'm arriving there, I look forward to meeting you all in Heaven someday, and I know I will see you there. Travis will see you there and hug each one of you for showing his family love thru these hard days. Travis will greet you there and he will be gearing up to make you laugh and smile and make you feel the Love he has for all of you!
Until then I will continue to feel your love in my heart, and continue to pay it forward, I will continue to pray that there is soon Justice for Our family and for our sweet brother Travis. I have received cards, gifts, donations , drawings, etc..and I have sent out and will continue to send out thank you cards for what Our family has gotten in My PO box. You have brighten up our days, and I know the Lord will bless you and your family with Love and happiness.
Thank you all, With Love, Tanisha Sorenson

I have never been on Facebook. So thank you for sharing this letter. Tars of sadness fill my eyes as I feel her love toward us. This is precious. I will always be in prayer for them.

I disagree. This isn't an OT thread. It's for a specific purpose and those of us who have a limited time are trying to follow the courtroom proceedings, not OT stuff. I gave up on KCL's notes earlier in the week because I couldn't find them. Coming out of lurkdom to complain is fair considering the lurkers aren't filling the threads with OT.

Do what I do in a pinch (and late at night when I have NO time to read everything): I go to KCL's profile or page (whatever it's called), and then I view her posts. That way I can see HER posts, and not the whole thread. I can get a great synopsis of the day in court, all at my fingertips.

Asked and answered. Thank you!

Hey Katie,
I haven't even figured out how to copy and paste a comment or how to do BBM. Could you tell me how to put a blue ribbon as my signature? Travis's what these threads are all about. I want to do more to show my love and support for the family. Thank you so much.

Did you guys catch that Jodi filed a restraining order against the courtroom observer who got ejected from court yesterday? Please!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...70776896.54624.160510210691796&type=1&theater

Hi Katie, we were discussing this on the gen thread earlier today and Karmady said she checked it out from the public computers at the court where there is more info and the protective order on the docket was an order to prevent anyone accessing DT fee history. But maybe this is something new?

I have had two family members who unfortunately were cold blooded murderers. Their mother (who was supportive) could not tolerate what her sons had done and did not attend. This happened within fifty miles of where I live. I did not go. I was disappointed they did not get the death penalty. I sincerely believe they would kill any of us including their mother. They are horrendous aberrations of humanity. I live in fear they will get out and so does their mother. I don't blame the Arias family. I think these monsters are just born. MOO. Thats my tome for the day.

That's horrible. It sounds like you're doing fairly well in dealing with it.

I disagree. This isn't an OT thread. It's for a specific purpose and those of us who have a limited time are trying to follow the courtroom proceedings, not OT stuff. I gave up on KCL's notes earlier in the week because I couldn't find them. Coming out of lurkdom to complain is fair considering the lurkers aren't filling the threads with OT.

If I get too far behind, I'll just scroll down each page til I see KCL or PASA posting.

Funny you should reference that song, considering this:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2007-04-26/news/sympathy-for-the-devil/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLddJ1WceHQ"]The Rolling Stones : Sympathy For The Devil (live) HQ - YouTube[/ame]

Dear Katie,
I wil leave Websleuths because I have given more than I should have to every fund mentioned.
I wish you well and will miss the reports from the court but I would feel bad staying and not contributing more $.
Jenni

I haven't contributed a dime to the Alexanders. I would, but I'm seriously on a tight budget. I have given gifts to others here when they've been blue, but I was in better financial shape when I did. Just praying for strength and understanding for them is enough. You are the most important person to take care of. JMO

Did you guys catch that Jodi filed a restraining order against the courtroom observer who got ejected from court yesterday? Please!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...70776896.54624.160510210691796&type=1&theater

:what:

Do we know anything more about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members